Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone not excited for Eco lifestyle

Comments

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited May 2020
    Gordy wrote: »
    Please be better than Island Living. Please be better than Island Living. Please, don't lower the bar even more.
    🐸🐸🐸🐸.

For eco stuff, I have a bad taste in my house from Island Living. You got some (barely-noticeable) changes in one world, which you could achieve by complete accident; a semi-active career that was just you taking pictures and picking up dirt; nothing for kids to to; and no way to repeat the process - I don't think the devs made a cheat to reset things, like they said they would. I mean, yeah, a pack dedicated to eco living could handle it better. But I don't think it's interesting enough for an Expansion Pack. And I don't think it can expand the game in any meaningful way, which is what EPs SHOULD be doing. It'd be a fine (if personally unappealing) Game Pack, but not a $50 expansion.

Watch them include horses to try and hook people, like how StrangerVille included laptops.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SimsAddict_SimsAddict_ Posts: 72 Member
    I’m actually really excited for this. It has do much potential and I like the idea of an eco friendly life style, they could do so much if done right. I feel like this could also be a good teaching pack, if done right.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,234 Member
    This theme is not my first priority but I need to see Evergreen Harbor world, the new gameplay and CAS content.

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    I’m actually really excited for this. It has do much potential and I like the idea of an eco friendly life style, they could do so much if done right. I feel like this could also be a good teaching pack, if done right.

No ,don't make this a teaching pack
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    I mean... we don't even know what it is. How can you say you don't like something when you don't even know what it is?
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes it could be a really fun pack for teachers to teach their kids from home. <3
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Me neither, so I'm hoping there's more to it than just eco living, which has already been done in other packs and updates. I already feel I'm going to be disappointed though. There are so many themes people have been waiting for, like Generations for pete's sake, literally why do we need a whole freaking EP on eco living? A GP maybe, but not an EP.
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Honestly, I was more disappointed when I heard we're getting a farming pack. Thankfully it was a hoax and I'm more excited about this new EP and the new world that comes with it :love:
    I can't wait to hear more about it.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    SimsAddict_SimsAddict_ Posts: 72 Member
    Me neither, so I'm hoping there's more to it than just eco living, which has already been done in other packs and updates. I already feel I'm going to be disappointed though. There are so many themes people have been waiting for, like Generations for pete's sake, literally why do we need a whole freaking EP on eco living? A GP maybe, but not an EP.
    I’m pretty sure there will be more to it than that, we can’t fully judge it till we get all the details ☺️😂
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    The awkward moment when a game that is filled with recycling (animations) gets a recyling expansion pack...

THIS! LOL! :#:D:D
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    The awkward moment when a game that is filled with recycling (animations) gets a recyling expansion pack...

THIS! LOL! :#:D:D
    Isn't that every pack with animations? XD But yes so funny.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Remember when we were all speculating about the animals on the roadmap and that maybe they could be giving us a wildlife pack? Maybe this is it? Maybe there's a career where we have to save wildlife or something
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    I'm a clown for thinking they'd finally make a farming pack
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Can someone link me to the description? I haven't seen it yet...
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Not remotely excited. I wasn't thrilled about a possible farming pack either, but at least that made sense for an EP. This? Just sounds boring.
  • Options
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    I mean... we don't even know what it is. How can you say you don't like something when you don't even know what it is?

We saw the description
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member

We saw the description

Ok, and?

I can say I genuinely didn't learn a whole lot from that description, certainly not enough to make a snap judgement about this pack yet. It mentions the theme, and introduces a new world. Not much else. Not a fan of the theme? Totally cool. But I just find it hilarious that people are already disappointed in something they know so little about :lol:
  • Options

We saw the description

Ok, and?

I can say I genuinely didn't learn a whole lot from that description, certainly not enough to make a snap judgement about this pack yet. It mentions the theme, and introduces a new world. Not much else. Not a fan of the theme? Totally cool. But I just find it hilarious that people are already disappointed in something they know so little about :lol:

Acourse people can be disappointed.We know what to expect.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    From everything so far it looks really really dull, I am just not interested in the theme. I don’t know what can be there to really draw me in but I guess we shall see. I’ll try to like it but atm I kinda hate it, we have so much eco stuff already and a politician career, it’s feels like the same as we already have with slight differences.
  • Options
    mollyllopemollyllope Posts: 4 New Member
    Seems like lots of positives here. Well two big ones! 1- 'grocery store' / farmers market (I hate gardening in the game so that's cool), and 2- "new neighborhood editing tools", not really sure what this is but I'm interested !

I also think the new laws thing could be cool, and hopefully can cause some crazy stuff to go on.
  • Options
    aurora333aurora333 Posts: 13 New Member
    Me, gutted it's not farming :( I'm holding out for the November expansion but who knows with EA. It just better not be a game pack because I feel it wouldn't do it justice and I feel like eco living should of been a game pack but we will have to see tomorrow what it includes, not to happy right now. I'll buy it still, I need some new game play desperately.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member

You can judge something based on the information given. And as more information is released people can shape their judgments accordingly. Should people jump to conclusions? No. But there's nothing wrong with saying you're not excited with the pack based on what we know so far. We know of the theme and we know that (at least part) of the gameplay will be shaped around restoring the new town. We had similar gameplay in Island living, I think that's enough for someone to say they're not excited about the direction things are going in.