Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @bekkasan thank you. I'm working on Episode 31 today.
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well. This is just a short sign of life, as it's night and I just woke up for a moment. Comments will come later.

I had the weirdest kind of crash problem during the last days, just randomly during play. As the computer also took a long time to start-up, I assumed a hardware issue, and I was right. Fortunately, nothing serious, it just took a moment to find. The cable to the internal drive I have the game on somehow needed to get pushed in to provide proper communication with the drive. I guess the graphics card that was sitting with one edge on top of it squeezed the socket. I switched the cable over to the socket below that one, and that fixed the issue for the time being.

Anyway, that's it for now. Just one random pic:

Coming home.

qpugJkJ.jpg
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    @Magnezone Congrats on the newest addition to the Bunch family!
    Great makeovers!
    Looks like they are all adjusting well to university.
    Seems someone always has to start a fire.
    Great update!

@emorrill Good luck on the build! I’m sure you’ll do better than I could, lol

@king_of_simcity7 Great video!

@GraceyManor Oh no, hope you feel better soon.
    Karen looks good.
    Congrats on the job, Karen!
    Great update!

@bekkasan Thanks, those are only two of my favorite gospel ones he did. I like how JD Sumner and Elvis did Why Me Lord? It’s actually a Kris Kristofferson song about his spiritual awakening. And If That Isn’t Love has a good message.
    He’s full of goofy things, lol. I’m wondering what Christian inherited from him.
    Nope, Christopher is fine. He’s 106 sim days old now.
    It was, lol. Her accusing Hiram of cheating was autonomous too. I made things worse in him though. >:)

***This page of feedback is done. Off to the next page!
  • Options
    @Turjan Glad it is working for now. Hopefully it stays that way.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    A somewhat busy day today. I finally organized all my CC into folders while daughter did her online school work. 🙌 It's a wonderful feeling! :mrgreen: Then I had to get some housework done and then we spent the evening together as a family. <3 Tonight I've been writing more of the outline for Chapter 6 and brainstorming. :blush: Thought I should take a break and read the thread.

Comments. :)

@GraceyManor Oh no...it's not THE virus is it? :cry: Regardless I hope you recover very soon. <3 But yes, quarantine certainly helps us Sim a lot more. :)
    Not sure I could do a challenge like that. It would bug me. :p Most of the time I like to control what my sims do and not fulfill their wishes as much. :naughty:

@king_of_simcity7 How old would the house be? Well, I failed to look for a date in the floor plans, but I imagine it to be a new home like 2015 or newer. :)
    Nice video. 👍 That's about how everywhere looks these days...

@Brandontaylor Such drama! :lol: But poor Melanie. :(
    ----
    Oh I am fascinated by the Titanic and it's history as well. :) (Long before the movie. :p I felt like the movie could've...omitted a few things to be honest. :neutral:*Ahem* Anyway!)
    When you mentioned the sister ships I had a memory come back to me of a story my dad shared once about his uncle being on a ship back in those days and it sank and took him with it. :cry: I couldn't remember if it was one of the Titanic sister ships so I called my dad real quick to find out. ;)
    As cool as it would've been for me to say it WAS one of the Titanic's sister ships, it wasn't. It was actually the SS Vestris. My dad's uncle was in his 20s and heading to South America to serve a mission for our church. And unfortunately the ship ran into a storm and sank. :cry: Needless to say his parents were crushed... They thought that since he was going to serve the Lord that he would be protected. :cry: Not so...God had another plan. If you wanna hear the rest of the story, which is actually kinda awesome, feel free to PM me. :blush:
    But anyway, thought I would share. :)
    emorrill Good luck on the build! I’m sure you’ll do better than I could, lol
    ^Aww, thanks. <3 We'll have to see. :flushed::lol:

@MamaSimTee Oh I LOVE looking at floor plans too! :smiley: They definitely help me be a better builder. :lol: But yeah give it a try. :)<3

@bekkasan Brady Bunch! 🤦‍♀️You think I would've known that, but prepare for a shocker...I've never watched the show. :flushed: Only seen little bits of episodes on TV years ago when we had cable. But I've heard great things about it. :star:
    In high school someone teased me once by saying that I reminded him of Marsha so he would cry out "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!" whenever he passed by me. :lol: Drove me a little nuts after a while. :neutral: I wonder if he had a crush on me. :smirk:
    You don't stink at building.
    ^Thanks. You're too sweet. :kissing_heart:

@Turjan Hey there. :) Not sure if you got my tag a couple of pages back and didn't want you to miss it. ;)
    Interesting...but awesome that simply switching ports solved the issue! :smiley:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @emorrill jt is THE virus unfortunately and yeah the challenge is testing me lol
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    I just created a new no cc folder, I'm going to create a few male and
    females with no cc and if @bekkasan or @emorrill or anyone else want to use them,
    I upload them to simsfileshare too.
    I have all expansions and stuff packs without sweet treat or what its called, so if you miss one I think game will replace it.

@Turjan

Interesting screenshot.

@emorrill

You do not stink at building, if one does it is me,
    I can't for the love of sims
    build at all.

@Brandontaylor

That is a very nice painting she did.

@bekkasan

I love those toddlers too ,they are so cute.

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Gosh it’s been a long time since 2017 (when I first started playing. :mrgreen:

Screenshot-11.jpg
    Yes, I came to the Sims late.

And now my Sims have gone from vanilla to a metric ton of CC
    Screenshot-3.jpg

~sigh~ I need to get my hands on a replacement computer.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    just created a new no cc folder, I'm going to create a few male and
    females with no cc and if @bekkasan or @emorrill or anyone else wants to use them,
    you can download them in the spoiler tag.

I upload them to Mediafire since I can't upload to sims file share atm.
    I have all expansions and stuff packs without sweet treat or what its called, so if you miss one I think the game will replace it.

I put this under a tag so its easier to scroll.

Female sims created by me

Alexis Carlton

EMCEDyN.jpg

2H4nizz.jpg

Traits

Absent-minded

Artistic

Coward

Brooding

Angler

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5owmxeqchg5lpav/Alexis_Carlton.sim/file

Melanie Simpson

ALYlPwT.jpg

JutjS06.jpg

Traits

Brave

Good sense of Humour

Green Thumb

Ambitious

Dramatic

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/file/a688nn95tlyjqrj/Melanie_Simpson.sim/file

Males created by me

Glen Taylor

BaC2THm.jpg

7rmFN83.jpg

Traits

Great kisser

Flirty

Dramatic

Family-oriented

Artistic

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/file/urlhrb1fsra6fif/Glen_Taylor.sim/file

Vince Silverman

VkoHGuK.jpg

yIkHTXG.jpg

Traits

Party Animal

Hopeless Romantic

snob

Virtuoso

Neurotic

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jr07pg757dmyb2t/Vince_Silverman.sim/file

I hope you enjoy, you can add any cc or change them to supernaturals.

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@king_of_simcity7 yes, I expect it is easier than having sims run around doing what they want to do rather than what you want them to do. :lol:

@Turjan Note to self: check plugs! :) Glad it wasn't anything serious.
    Great pic of your sim trying to get out of the machine!

@emorrill Congrats on getting all that organizing done!
    Wow...I'm amazed you never watched it. I know it was like forever ago, but reruns! lol

@Silverofdreams30 I look forward to seeing the sims that you make.

@Nikkei_Simmer Sure wish you luck in getting one.

This picture didn't make the story but I thought it was funny. After sending Adam and his family back to the Inn they are staying at I checked on the King's family to see what they were doing. I'm sure the King is thinking too much PDA but he wants more grands and his daughter has not had any children yet.
    49760085628_126d3063d7_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I hope everyone had some great Easter holidays. The weather was gorgeous - and we were supposed to stay at home.

@Evalen Do you mind if I ask what those lots of funny problems in Lunar Lakes were? Just in case I decide to ever go there :smile: .

@Karritz I was watching your last two videos at some point, too, so I'm up to date. Not sure whether the views you get from this site are counted. Didn't look like that to me.
    Note that the Group Science Project calls neighbors when it's charged and may cause routing issues if they cannot reach it.
    I have a small fence on my yard where the bord breaker is and where I grow the tiberium crystals if I have any, because otherwise, the neighbors will steal the crystals as soon as they are produced (I had to reset a few when they came running).

@bekkasan Thank you for the nice comments. Yes, I forgot to switch tourists in vacation worlds off this time. The meteor surprised me, too. Also that it was during vacation.
    My families much prefer videogaming, too, which is the reason why that was a very rare shot for me.
    I greatly enjoyed seeing some background regarding your sims. Looks as if you have collected an all star team from many creators :smile: . Beautiful images.
    I probably wouldn't really want the life of a king, either, even it's a fairy king. In game terms that would probably also mean "game over", as it's kind of a retirement. Great shots of the couples there :smile: .
    Thank you, I also thought it was a "cool" picture.
    The king as a stalker :lol: .

@Brandontaylor Thanks! Tourists may be a function of a mod, or maybe not, I don't know anymore. I have to switch them off, because meeting your neighbors on vacation is a bit of a downer.
    Great seing some of your sims. I never played with Christopher Steel or the first generation of the Bunch's. I have Ethan in my current game though.
    Sorry regarding your dog, but great that you found his lost offspring again :smile: .
    Regarding cousin marriages, it depends on where you live whether it's legal or not. From a biological point of view, even children of first cousins have only a very small increase in birth defects of their children compared to the baseline, which is why countries all over the world strike the prohibition from their laws. Repeated first cousin marriages over generations should be avoided though. Plus, there are regional norms regarding this (in many countries cousin marriage is the norm, in most Western countries it's stigmatized).
    Christopher has been going strong in my game, too. I don't even know how long he has been in that age bracket where death is rolled every day (later than 915 days in my game)
    That's a nice update of the family.
    Werewolf stories! Good that she didn't beat up her grandma :smiley: . Looks as if teenager and werewolf is a volatile pairing.
    By the way, if any of my savefiles don't want to load, I clean out the caches, sometimes clean out the saves, restart my computer and try again. Usually, that works. For whatever reason, the game seems to dump lots of stale data that get into the way into the RAM of my computer.

@emorrill You have many reasons for disliking meteors? Lost any virtual family members?
    Glad you liked my comments. Regarding coffee:
    it's not really addictive in the mental sense, it's just that the body adapts to it. What happens is that certain receptors adjust their reaction levels after a few days if you regularly have caffeine intake, which means you don't get any heartrace anymore etc., can sleep even after drinking coffee, etc. Problem is that, if you just stop with coffee from one day to the other, these receptors have to be upregulated to the new situation. I myself sometimes have periods where I don't drink any coffee or tea (no particular reason, or sometimes when I'm sick), and it took me a while to make the connection between those debilitating headaches and the nausea I get at day 2 after stopping with coffee and the coffee itself. However, there's an easy solution to this: Whenever I want to stop drinking coffee, I have to switch to black tea first. That has much less caffeine than coffee (something like a fifth), but that's enough to prevent those withdrawal symptoms. Two days later, I can stop the tea without repercussions. Now that I know this, it's no issue anymore. Just give the body some time.
    But yes, alcohol is much more difficult, especially for people who have specific genes that facilitate mental addiction. Those fortunately don't run in my family.
    Let's see how Shane will deal with it.
    I don't really build after floorplans, I just prefer to change existing buildings. I don't know, but if I look at an empty lot, I usually see - nothing :smiley: .
    No, I didn't get your notification, but as I said, "comments come later" :wink: .
    That cable issue was a bit tricky. I could push it in, it worked for a while, then it stopped working. I first thought I had some broken connection in the plug, but fortunately, that wasn't the case. I had to rip the graphics card out to get to the plug, but let's hope it lasts now.

@king_of_simcity7 Nice empty world. Here, the people are relaxing their habits considerably already.

@Nikkei_Simmer Even if I don't share your infatuation with River, I really hope you are able to get a new computer sometime soon. Those withdrawal symptoms are real :smile: Nice pics.

@MrSpaceman That is a pretty sim :smile: . Love the clothes, too, and I usually don't care much about those. You got the shabby chic right down. Nice makeovers. Love the themes.

@GraceyManor Oh, they are kissing! Took Kimberly long enough to get into the mood :smiley:
    Hmm, is it good or bad that Ray saw Kimberly alone in the future? She may have divorced him and kept the house :lol: .
    I had sims switch careers, but never in the active household. Then again, I have disallowed that in the caste I put them in when I switch to other households in between.
    :lol: at recruiting the sister.
    You got the current virus? I wish you the best that it's just a minor case. I never do any real challenges, as I still have to discover much by just playing.

@Magnezone I have never seen the Bunch's any 🐸🐸🐸🐸 *. Snazzy in the Bunch way, I guess. They now look eminently playable :smile: . Arlo always needs his face changed. Judy was one of the first colleagues and friends of my founder, so I guess I got used to her. He always was enemies with Jack and Lisa though :lol: .
    Great pics of Ethan, Parker, VJ and Lisa.
    At university, I first mistook Parker for Jeffrey Dean :smiley: . "Bunch of the Future" - hilarious :D
    I have to go to university with part of my family soon, and I'm already looking forward to it. Awesome pics.

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you!

*Edit: The filter hides the comparative of "snazzy", which obviously doesn't get filtered. Is there some hidden meaning to that word and I should not use it?
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • Options
    @bekkasan

I added four sims to download
    in the post with the spoiler tag :)
  • Options
    MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer you totally should if you can get the money! It's cool to read everyone's stories in this thread even if I'm new to it.

So far TS3s community on this forum seem a lot more tight knit than TS4s and a lot more active and socialable than TS2s, as someone who plays all the games.

And also thanks for the compliments everyone!
    My blog full of things that never get finished!
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I might as well post an update regarding my main family.

While the parents slept, Alrik was practicing his alchemy.
    oLSFmCN.jpg
    On the other side of the room, Morgana and Marcus were dreaming of the usual stuff... *sigh*
    sytQ57d.jpg
    One day, I went to the bathroom and forgot to pause the game in the meanwhile. I guess those two snatched the opportunity.
    Turns out they had a baby on their way, which I didn't really want at this time, because the household is full. Anyway, they were happy.
    QKI1jOa.jpg
    And Morgana asked Marcus to read a pregnancy book. Let's see whether that helps him with getting through it :smiley: .
    CeQxiK1.jpg
    Calvin finally got to go to his graduation.
    5ixmNeW.jpg
    I usually don't do that, but I decorated his room with all the stuff he got for the time being.
    KRo2hFb.jpg
    Morgana had a whole lot of wishes going, fortunately not all pregnancy-related.
    HrpgBY3.jpg
    cCb6tm9.jpg
    NAPOMeO.jpg
    She had to formally announce the pregnancy to Marcus for him to be able to feel the tummy... with that not quite pregnancy-fitting outfit.
    9F5UBXs.jpg
    That expression as she waddles past :lol:
    1XGwLSa.jpg
    Marcus had this dreamy look when he was watching Morgana. Little did he know...
    qvsBrbf.jpg
    They were pretty much all over each other the whole time.
    aq2QOYU.jpg
    The rest of the family was taking it easy.
    YtZcfvn.jpg
    Until some of the kids had to run to their hospital jobs.
    Md46Xdk.jpg
    ...to be continued.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Turjan wrote: »
    *Edit: The filter hides the comparative of "snazzy", which obviously doesn't get filtered. Is there some hidden meaning to that word and I should not use it?

Huh. I thought of a couple of potential reasons. In Animal Crossing anything that has azz or astic in it trips the filters because its similar to a slur for disabled people. I also figured that the middle 3 letters are similar to a swear word for the human bottom. I realise snazzy has those too but it's likely snazzy is particularly written to not trigger the filters but it's comparative is not.

For example; you can say the word night on the forums, but not Dina and Nina Caliente's mothers name from The Sims 2 on the forums without getting censored, which is night with an A between the H and T, because of the first 3 letters of her name. Night is programmed to not trigger the filters despite having the same 3 letters.

Edit: didn't trigger the filters. Another theory. It's because snazzy's comparative has middle letters similar to a certain German authoritarian party from the 30s.
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.
  • Options
    The first group had just left through the door, when Morgana went into labor and the usual panic broke out.
    4KqwcWB.jpg
    9rUBFhj.jpg
    They were blocking Morgana's exit, and she had to take the long way around to the door.
    Transport was swift.
    eCaJUO9.jpg
    And yes, that's a basket.
    2SFLJX5.jpg
    That face...
    yXJq1mN.jpg
    lyfXcyx.jpg
    Yes Alvina, good combination you got there...
    Nx6y37S.jpg
    I can only imagine why Marcus is thinking of a time machine while Morgana is carrying a baby in the background. "If only I could take that machine and get back when they reach childhood..."
    YFX4TPX.jpg
    That's what he is looking at...
    RCZS72e.jpg
    Morgana
    JoA0JrG.jpg
    Diana and Alrik
    RbBl6Ek.jpg
    Kisha
    AEZ1E4f.jpg
    Welcome to Helena, Irene, Stella, and Henrik.

I guess they got over the shock.
    5MOYnKy.jpg
  • Options
    Magnezone wrote: »
    Edit: didn't trigger the filters. Another theory. It's because snazzy's comparative has middle letters similar to a certain German authoritarian party from the 30s.
    Oh right, because the "y" changes into an "i". That may be it. Still, it's two "z"'s. Oh well.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    @Turjan I used the time machine but didn’t get to see their future.Did you just create those scenes yourself?

Edit: Nevermind, I misread the post and thought the pics were pics from their past.XD
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @bekkasan It usually takes a while to get Sims into place as planned in videos so what is only a couple of minutes can take a few hours which is why I don't do videos as much as I used to

@Turjan No sign of the lockdown being ended here yet
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    @emorrill I felt bad for her after all that. Luckily her birthday was soon after so at least she can’t be grounded now. :D
    It actually could have, it didn’t really need Rose to pose for Jack. Also, it’s not too realistic for a rich woman to end up with a third class passenger on a two-three day trip, lol.
    I looked up the SS Vestris to get a little background about it but I look forward to hearing the story. I did see White Star Lines rival, 🐸🐸🐸🐸.ard, chartered the Vestris for a bit
    You’re welcome.

@GraceyManor Sorry to hear you got the virus. I wasn’t sure if it was THE virus but I saw your post up above.

@Silverofdreams30 It is a nice painting, it’s actually the first time I saw that one. It’s hanging in one of the bedrooms now.
    Hmm, might have to check them out. I can’t download right now though until I get my internet.

@Nikkei_Simmer That’s about the same time I became a serious player of Sims 3. I’d only played the base game before that but it wasn’t my copy and had no mods. I actually need a new computer too, preferably a gaming one.

***More to come later but here is a screenshot from the Jones family.

vcq0GvT.jpg
    This is Lois Bunch, third child of Tommy and Jessica Bunch. She is also the fourth grandchild of Chris and Emily Jones. Her traits at this time were friendly and Virtuoso. I shared her parents and siblings a few pages back.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
  • Options
    @emorrill @MamaSimTee @bekkasan @Brandontaylor
    Thanks for all the well wishes, I just have a mild version of it(sore throat, coughing, headache,
    sneezing.But no ever, but very congested)
  • Options
    @GraceyManor Good it's not that severe. Hope you get well soon.
    XVlamuQ.png
  • Options
    Is there a mod to stop sims from washing dishes in the ITF food processor thing?
    My sims refuse to use the kitchen sink and keep trying to go to the secrete lair to clean
    them but since the door is locked they get unroutable.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    @Turjan well after I deleted so many things, house, communit just about everything and added my own things, the strange things that started to happen was. one, the baby automaticly jumped from baby to child. it was jsut doing things on its own so to say. no Imaginary friend, then all of a sudden the IF showed up and the child had no friendship with it. It was all strange. The things that I added were from Sims worlds, I do not have any CC or Mods, so I know that was not it. It mostly started when I deleted that tall blue building and replaced it with a city hall from Oasis Landing and other from Oasis landing, so I deleted them all and started over with a Reg world, commuinty lots, from say Sunset Valley etc. Put in a mall with city hall, but none of this stops the crayness. I think I over did it or something. I will try again someday. Hope you can change it, would be nice to see what you do. I think I just overworked it.
  • Options
    @bekkasan Great screenshot! It seems there is always a Sim watching my couples too :D

@Turjan You’re welcome
    It is. I even had a member of my own household show up in vacation.
    Thanks. It seems a lot of my females go for Christopher or Hank Goddard in SV. I’ve never real played the Bunches but Ethan is a grandfather to Sims on my family tree.
    Thanks, I’m glad we found him. We’ve had him since birth.
    Yeah, I’ve heard there are some places that allow it. I know FDR and Eleanor were first cousins, as was Jerry Lee Lewis and one of his wives.
    You play in a longer lifespan, right? Anyway, Christopher is a sim that is known to live long, depends though because I’ve had him die right at the end of elder.
    Thanks, Melanie sure had a busy day, lol

@Magnezone I agree, seeing everyone’s stories and screenshots are my favorite part of the day, besides playing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top