Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Need World Ideas to Create 💖

Comments

• Options
    OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    Thank you for the cookies, nice with my cup of tea I'm having at the moment. Just let us know which one are you going to build, I'll follow your progress and it will be added to my "TS3 RFlong7/13 Worlds" Folder :D
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @Svineprutter How cute! :cookie::mrgreen:

@faerieduste Thanks! :cookie:

@BreeMiles :blush: Thank you. :cookie:

Thanks so much. ^^ You all have given me so many ideas to look up and see if I can get inspired. :cookie::mrgreen:

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I like a lot of the suggestions already made. One world I'd like would be similar to Sunlit Tides but with deeper oceans and perhaps not with ocean all around the main town, but there could be additional islands where sims could live, or build resorts if that's what they want. Just have the lots available. I prefer worlds with empty lots and no sims. But sometimes I like to find all the houses and rabbit holes already there.

Main thing - have fun doing whatever you end up doing. I'll be waiting to see what you come up with.
  • Options
    rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    I'd love a world that uses no ITF or SN items and few or no stuff packs... I only own all but ITF (which I'm not planning on getting... not interested in it), SN (which I'm tempted to buy so i can do some Disney's Zombies movie inspired gameplay. I wanna play as Wynter, Wylla and Wyatt in true werewolf form. Hehehe), and UL (Which I plan on getting so my sims can get better careers), and the only stuff pack I own currently is HELS but I might get Town Life, Outdoor Living, and I'm considering Fast Lane, 70's/80's/90's stuff, Master Suite and Movie Stuff.

I'm looking for a type of world that has a city or town and a countryside, and a beach, lots to explore, lots of places to build or place lots or use whats there, but that meets what SPs and EPs I own currently.

A lot to ask, but it's because most of the worlds I like usually require one of the ones I don't have.

Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    Not a suggestion but maybe some insight.

1) It is extremely hard to find tiny map worlds
    2) And, even harder to find worlds which do not require a lot of expansion packs, stuff packs or come with store items which some may not own.

Personally, I struggle to find a tiny 'dessert-type' world which I could use for a bit of 'Old West style' game play. Tiny or small worlds may not be what interests you to build. But, if you ever feel compelled to challenge yourself, I'm certain you would create one heck of a themed (or not) tiny or small world.

Happy Creating in whatever you choose to make :).
  • Options
    KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    @mw1525

Here is a nice looking, small desert world - https://risafantacydownloads.wordpress.com/2017/06/30/tres-legos/
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    What happens when you install a world that requires more packs than those that you own? Will the game replace the stuff with similar stuff?
  • Options
    Aristarchus310Aristarchus310 Posts: 16 Member
    An island just off the coast of Isla Paradiso, home to a population of native-pirates.

When you first arrive to the island, you are met by a fairly large dockside that is full of life and business. So many markets along the area that the traders have set up stalls on the fishing docks. You see modernized stores and restaurants across the street. Lots of vegetation and wildlife, and that sweet, sweet tropical aroma.

The island has secrets that aren't for the faint of heart, according to the hardened locals. They invite you to a party on the other side of the island. A beach party. It appears that not all tradition is lost as you are encouraged to walk on hot rocks. Then to visit the hot springs a little up the way. Eventually, you find yourself within close proximity of a volcano! Aaarg! Time to walk the plank!

Sizzle. Sizzle.

Have fun!
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    What happens when you install a world that requires more packs than those that you own? Will the game replace the stuff with similar stuff?

Yes. But you still can play the world.
  • Options
    I really would like to have another world without roads, Norn´s Northeney.
    And as stated in another thread, I really would like to have a world with a special theme, like tropical, ancient, Nordish, European, etc feeling. No need for all content in one world!
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi! :mrgreen:

I've made several worlds and some of my best were by suggestion and feedback from this Awesome Community. I'm hoping you all can help inspire me again. I'm not planning on sitting at home all the time through these times, but I also don't want to go out too much and make people nervous (as in crowds).

What ideas do you have for a Small/Medium Island?

I was thinking of starting it as a base game world with room to expand.

Thank you so much for any ideas. :cookie:

A medium Island with base game with room to expand sounds fantastic. Although there are many great ideas already expressed I would be interested in a New England island based on history/architecture of Block Island and/or Martha's Vineyard
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    Oh yes :mrgreen: I love Island worlds. Beach lots - the ones half in water. A divelot. I prefer medium worlds so I can put in all my sims :) I wouldn't say no to a Cuban inspired world.
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    @KatyFernlily - I downloaded it and will give it a try a bit later. Thank you.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    @flong7 so many ideas, love ports, no roads and no mods. I know that what ever you build will be great. love islands. can't wait to see what you come up with. I love Mercury Island something like that with a different theme would be nice, only no roads. sidewalks are ok. Just have fun and we will all love it.
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    An island just off the coast of Isla Paradiso, home to a population of native-pirates.

When you first arrive to the island, you are met by a fairly large dockside that is full of life and business. So many markets along the area that the traders have set up stalls on the fishing docks. You see modernized stores and restaurants across the street. Lots of vegetation and wildlife, and that sweet, sweet tropical aroma.

The island has secrets that aren't for the faint of heart, according to the hardened locals. They invite you to a party on the other side of the island. A beach party. It appears that not all tradition is lost as you are encouraged to walk on hot rocks. Then to visit the hot springs a little up the way. Eventually, you find yourself within close proximity of a volcano! Aaarg! Time to walk the plank!

Sizzle. Sizzle.

Have fun!

^^^^^^THIS. I would like this, pleaseandthankyou! :o

Your worlds are always so well made, I'd be happy with whatever type you make! <3
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I was thinking a desert world but when you said island, my mind went to Socotra off the coast of Yemen. You can go nuts with the near-alien landscape and flora. The "not quite right but I love it" of earthly geography. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member

What @AlexaKry said is true, that it will replace missing items with stuff you have. However I need to add on that if one of the objects missing is a bridge to somewhere you will have routing issues. I've had to skip downloading a world (forgot the name) that I would've had this issue with because I don't have Supernatural yet.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I am finding inspiration from various well known beauty spots in the UK. When I think of all the gorgeous places in the US, like the Grand Canyon perhaps you can pick one to use to create a new world.

We are in self isolation because of my health and the fact hubby is recovering from pneumonia. As a consequence I have not been around much. So may I say how pleased I am to see you back on TS3. I have missed seeing your witty posts and the beautiful pictures of your work <3
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member

Sometimes.And sometimes it don't let you download it at all.
  • Options

You can download the world, but you can´t install it through Launcher.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    OMGoodness - So many ideas. I really only expected several. Thank you All. I'll be checking into the ideas I think I can make. :mrgreen::heart:

More Thank yous! @Karritz @rubyskywalker @mw1525 @Aristarchus310 @AlexaKry @cwaddell @simIrrevirre @Evalen @StephSteb @InfraGreen
    @Bettyboop55 :cookie:

(Everyone stay safe and healthy!) :

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited March 2020
    AlexaKry wrote: »

You can download the world, but you can´t install it through Launcher.

Sorry. I meant installed.But I think everyone knew what I meant.Most people refer to download and install as the same thing, so I'm sure everyone knew what I meant.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    cwaddell wrote: »
    A medium Island with base game with room to expand sounds fantastic. Although there are many great ideas already expressed I would be interested in a New England island based on history/architecture of Block Island and/or Martha's Vineyard

This does sound lovely, I really like that idea
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    How about a lockdown world... :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Rflong7: What about an alien world with colorful sims?
    :) Smile!