Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Need World Ideas to Create 💖

Hi! :mrgreen:

I've made several worlds and some of my best were by suggestion and feedback from this Awesome Community. I'm hoping you all can help inspire me again. I'm not planning on sitting at home all the time through these times, but I also don't want to go out too much and make people nervous (as in crowds).

What ideas do you have for a Small/Medium Island?

I was thinking of starting it as a base game world with room to expand.

Thank you so much for any ideas. :cookie:

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I love islands. How about something like a Peruvian Jungle with lots of ruins? Or perhaps an Arcology world, a man made island built to be self sufficient.
    I probably had more ideas but it's very late ( Early ) and I can't remember them now.
    Whatever you decide, I'll look forward to another of your beautiful worlds :)<3
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited March 2020
    Thanks so much, @Pary. :cookie::mrgreen:
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I know you don't like your dive lots but I do. What about an archipelago type world but set in a non tropical region? I keep trying to set up a Castaways type save but there really aren't any noncc worlds that work.
    @JACKIEJOY Thanks! You mean as in a base game version? :cookie::)
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    How about an island where it´s still the beginning of the 20th century? All of the citizens don´t know anything about life outwards their island.
    Or what about an Asian style island? There aren´t any good ones out there!
    And if you consider a bigger map: a new cosmopolitan city, like Bridgeport, would be nice!
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I always wanted a small quaint seaside town with lots of outdoor activities
    I always wanted a small quaint seaside town with lots of outdoor activities

Oh, yes, that sound good! Like an English, German or French seaside, perhaps!
  • yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited March 2020
    Well assuming you're planning to limit your world to only vanilla EP/SP content (with minor mod use using support of Twallan's mod suite and utility mods like Jynx RH) etc. How about:

1. A remake of Venice World.
    Restrictions: Must use 100% of the content from the Monte Visa world and Last Venue of Amore set. Any supporting marine based content from the IP EP permitted. And 100% of the road network must be canal based to use the Amore and/or IP marine content. All other EP/SP content must be Italian themed. A world similar to Monte Vista in scope but more authentic in layout like VENEZIA
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/919078/v-e-n-e-z-i-a-realistic-venice-world-wip
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/919078/v-e-n-e-z-i-a-realistic-venice-world-wip/p1

Venice Lagoon world with distinct neighborhoods (best Venice to date IMO)
    http://modthesims.info/d/396210/venice-lagoon.html

and post card perfect chic of Positano
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4283633

...while staying true to the authenticity and scope of historical Venice in Assassin Creed 2: Brotherhood (yes tall order but you said you wanted a challenge!)

2. SimAtlantis.
    Restrictions: challenge is 80%-90% world map is underwater. Must use 100% of IP EP content. Can use whatever WA EP content necessary. The majority of the sim population are mermaids by heredity default. Those unfortunate sims lacking the mermaid trait (your playable sims, townies or random service sims the game generates) will be forced to live/occupy the remaining 10-20% of the existing land mass. So discretion on what EP/SP content needs to be considered due to size limitations. Weather/Climate restricted to Summer using Twallan's Tempest. With allowances for a freak Winter blizzard or Spring monsoon season over a brief 1-2 sim week, just to keep things interesting in the neighborhood.....

3. A remote tree house village in Star Wars Ewok style.
    Restrictions: All lots would need to be placed on elevated, flat plateau mounds connected only by bridges. Must use LN EP bridges for road network. Mod customization of vanilla road bridge network (i.e. wooden bridges to look like Ewok house tree bridges) is permitted. Map should have less than 30% natural fresh water, has no salt water, is a jungle themed green & eco friendly village. Swimming pools and manually created water holes on lots are permitted. Must be vegetation lush/tree friendly. Tropical rain forest restricted to Spring and Summer weather in Tempest. Limited to exotic animals (lizards, parrots etc) from Pets EP. Limited to ethnic friendly content from WA EP, and store sets like Safari living, King of Cambodia, and any other supporting jungle/safari themed content (i.e. content from worlds like Barnacle Bay is a no go as it's not jungle/Amazon forest theme friendly).

4. Proper, functionally useful remake of city of London. No. This isn't a resurrection of all the London Project forum drama or reasons why this amazing looking SimCity replica of the real city failed to function as it should. The challenge lies in whether a fraction of this world with a similar layout (and a significantly less dense building design) could be accomplished to support a default 200 townie sim population. No restriction on any EP/SPs needed in world design

5. An 1850's western frontier farm based, rural town/village.
    Restrictions: Pre industrial western frontier in a Northwestern, Southwestern or Prarie country farmland theme. Only foot traffic and/or horses used for transportation. Roads limited to unpaved/dirt roads so no paved/cobbled roads to encourage spawn of modern traffic. Must use farm themed friendly sets like Farm Fresh Folk and Grandpa's Grove sets. All EP/SPs can be used in support to build this. Weather is seasonal in Tempest. But if world is Northwestern Rockies themed then map must be mountainous and subject to a significant winter season. If Pacific coast/Northwestern forest based then rain/Spring should be the more dominant seasons

IF USING MODS

6. A Roaring 20's Simtopia in the Art Nuevo Decor style. Only restriction is use of all content from Roaring Heights world. And with antique 20s-30s cars available from the store and modders like Fresh Prince. Sites like ATS3 Sandy, MTS etc are best for supporting world content.

I've got zero idea if any of these worlds are remotely feasible from a design stand point. But it would be great if they could be made. Since this rambling post makes it fairly obvious I just woke up, and have too much time on my hands posting this on my day off :D

edit: Forgot to add this. Since you're into berry sims, an entire world dedicated to an amusement park the likes of Disney world. Complete with all amusement themed content. (perfect way to use 100% of the content from the Sweet Treats SP IMO). So for example: dedicate each lot to a specific amusement content. Like a lot for the Ferris wheel, the Merry go round, surfing/wave station, petting/riding zoo for kids (using Pets EP), reptile/avian houses, waterworld pools, seasonal festival content like snow cone/pop corn stands, etc etc. With highly customized lots having exotic building designs like your delicious looking Cake worlds <3
    Restrictions: must be a flat world to permit global, unhindered use of children equipment like strollers around the map.
    Post edited by yoshi_dragur2012 on
    @AlexaKry Thanks for ideas! :cookie: I don't know much about Asian building though. :(
    Potato Ballad has an Awesome city world.

@GraceyManor Thank you! :cookie: What kind of outdoor activities do you think would be fun?

@AlexaKry Thanks so much! :cookie:

@yoshi_dragur2012 Oh, my goodness!~ That's for all the details you've added. :sunglasses:
    There are many Wonderful worlds you should already for your first suggestion.

You all have given me a Lot to think about. :heart:
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @Rflong7 i like having my sims go to playgrounds and beaches or maybe a campground to go camping etc
    I know, it´s Boroughsburg, but I don´t know why I but I don´t like it so much. It gives me a slight feeling as if I played in a Sims 4 world.
    I like "Your Bridgeport" much more.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    A coastal town with lots of victorian houses and a forest.
    edited March 2020
    Rflong7 wrote: »

@yoshi_dragur2012 Oh, my goodness!~ That's for all the details you've added. :sunglasses:
    There are many Wonderful worlds you should already for your first suggestion.

You all have given me a Lot to think about. :heart:
    I don't want just any world. I'd love to see and experience one of YOUR worlds. :# a.k.a. a Rembrandt from one of the modding communities most innovative creators. Who basically schooled the Sim 3 dev team on how to make a genuine snow world with ground snow textures (i.e. Winter Wonderland) :D

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I don't play TS3 but I think a world based on Cuba would be lovely. Beaches and palms, historic and colourful architecture, lots of vintage cars, cruise ships full of tourists and a military dictator.
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    Greek Island, Skiathos - https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/skiathos?family=creative&license=rf&phrase=skiathos&sort=mostpopular#license

Portmerion, Wales (not an island but it's small). Would like it empty so I can build all the lots myself ; ) - https://www.alamy.com/search.html?qt=Portmeirion&imgt=0

The world from the game (not an island) Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - http://www.thechineseroom.co.uk/games/everybodys-gone-to-the-rapture
  • OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    edited March 2020
    One I thought for a long time to ask you to create but never had the guts :( is a very basic old western town. Think Clint Eastwood type of thing,
    With dirt roads for horses, Not rabbit holes but small school building where the few children of the few residents can go or not... with a small housing area upstairs for the teacher's home. You get the idea ? A small center, cantina, grocery store, bar with bordello, you could start life as a prospector of gold, silver, gems and or have a small farm etc, and as the town grows you would move them just out and into the surrounding area where empty lots await new houses etc.
    A world to play with horses (breeding horses could be another job for the local sim).
    I have my best stories for my games set on your small islands, and I love them!
    Something similar but not an island but a small town with a river, for me ideally would have to have WA ,Pets, Supernatural, and Ambitions, that would be enough. Am I asking too much? o:)
    Post edited by Omaira on
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I would like a futuristic world that consists of hundreds of identical undecorated hexagonal rooms (or lots, if you will), some more interconnected than others, with no outside to speak of. Can the entire thing be underground? And all of the sims should look almost exactly the same, dress the same, and be highly "medicated" (or sugar rushed, herb infused, what have you) all of the time so that they have no idea they are being controlled by a single force and that they have no free will of their own unless or until they drop the sugar/herb/whatever habit.

(Don't mind me, had a dream about THX 1138 a few nights ago, more so the book than the movie, and apparently it's still affecting me...)
    :)

Second choice, don't know if this has ever been attempted, but a remake of Craggy Island from the Father Ted series?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    ^^
    Intruiging. That sounds a lot like the sci fi horror movies Cube and it's Hypercube sequel.
    Wow!~ A lot more responses than I expected. Thank you all so much. You've given me so much inspiration. There's a lot I can't make but it's so interesting none the less. :blush:

Thank you! @telmarina @crocobaura @AlexaKry @KatyFernlily @Omaira @igazor :cookie::cookie::mrgreen:

It's never too much to ask. Which doesn't mean I can do it.

• SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,317 Member
    Anepu
    A world shaped like a giant Dog God.

In the middle of the island, there is a small town and the sorrounding lands are dominated by farms and small homes for those working at the farms. A few houses near the ocean, mark the connection to the ocean.

Advancements can be wild horses, a divingspot and a dog man offering a shelter for homelsess dogs.

LYxLznD.png
    Zpj9msL.png
  • faeriedustefaerieduste Posts: 44 Member
    What about a fairy kingdom?
    Origin ID: faerieduste
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    Oh a hobbit town/world would be nice! I could make a lot of hobbit sims for it! <3
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    I just know what ever you make it will be pure awesome-ness because I have a ton of your worlds in my game now!
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    @Flong7 base game is fine. Anything you do is fine. I love playing in your worlds.