Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FireflyGamer107 / coolsim9999999 --- Monthly Building Challenge

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,604 Member
    FireFly’s Birthday Park is a lovely park setting to celebrate a birthday! @icanhassims :) Very lovely orange and yellow colour scheme! The waterfall is very nice! Very nice canopy dining area for sims to enjoy eating an outdoors meal that has been cooked on the yellow bbq. The candles and flowers are pretty on the dining table. Very picnic table with flowers, candles, party supplies, and a birthday gift to be opened. The sculpture and large orange crystal look great! Very pretty flowers throughout the park areas! The balloons are a celebratory touch!
    It is a very special Birthday park! :)
  • Options
    icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Thank you for the sweet comments, @rosemow. I hope @coolsim9999999 enjoys it just as much!
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,103 Member
    I love it @icanhassims B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I just wrote about everyone's lots in the gallery for my Valentine's Day challenge and posted the comments I made there in this thread B)<3!
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited March 2020
    February Challenge Reviews and Feedback:

The Jungle Taj @icanhassims
    Review:
    The outside and inside is incredible, @icanhassims :)! I love the landscaping, jungle setting and attention to detail, inside and outside!! Great little balconies, as well, and your use of color against mostly white neutrals is awesome :):)! Thank you for entering my challenge :)!
    The outside of your beautiful fountain needs paint or stone, etc. to cover the outer wall of it, some areas, such as the gift shop check out desk need a little more decoration. The gift shop check out desk only has a frog on one side of it and no TP in the first floor bathrooms.

*Sapphire Shores Resort* @luckyheather
    Review:
    I loved each of the little "huts" on this wonderful tropical property, luckyheather :)! The roofing, layout, design, landscaping and porches, as well as the deck and great hot tub are creative touches :)! The giftshop, outdoor activities and hotel rooms are wonderful :)! Thank you for entering my challenge :)!

1001 Lovers @RavenSpit
    Review:
    Great exterior design, RavenSpit :)! I love that curtain, the roof is great, the symetrical pools with the hot tub in between looks great :)! The inside is very romantic and the red and white color scheme looks very pretty, as well as the landscaping and fencing :)! Thank you for entering my challenge :)!
    The outside of your beautiful pool needs paint or stone, etc. to cover the outer wall of it, more outdoor lighting would make your builds show up better at night, and the archway next to the fancy grand piano on the first floor only has a painting on one side of it.

Valentines Fun Fair @leashahampton
    Review:
    I loved all the awesome activities that you included in this build, LeashaLoves :)! Your creativity soared, especially when you created things out of other things to make something new :)! I loved every detail of this build and the colors are wonderful, as well as the lights that stage area and the rides are so great and this is very romantic, as well and the setting can't be beat :)! You thought of everything for a "fun fair!" Thank you for entering my challenge :)!
    Awesome B)!

Villa La Isla @Lehua
    Review:
    very creative and relaxing romantic tropical build @Lehua :)! I love the little separate buildings, as well as the deck, giftshop and landscaping Thank you for entering my challenge :)!
    Part of the sand and water outside, and some of the inside and on the porch was bare, so more landscaping/activities or additional decorations outside or activities or additional decorations inside would fill up that part, (I know a 50X50 lot is pretty big) --- You had better clutter inside :)!

Luv Shaq @Peacefulzone and @JettaTheDark
    Review:
    I loved every part of your build, that was a collab with JettatheDark :)! I espeically love the horse and buggy with those cute lights, the surfing gnome, the treehouse part, the basement gift shop with the fish looking in, the moat, landscaping, inside, attention to detail throughout, cute nooks, suite, lattice over one of the patios, and so much more :)! Thank you for entering my challenge, Peacefulzone :)!
    Terrain paint under some plants (some had terrain paint), part of the grass, inside and on the porch was bare, so more landscaping/activities or additional decorations outside or activities or additional decorations inside would fill up that part, (I know a 64X64 lot is huge), and a little more practice with alt --- some counters and items were alted, but others were not. (see your feedback from last month on this thread about alt).

Note: This was a collab --- I think you'll get a Maxis fave better if it's not a collab, just to let you know, and I'm not sure.
    However, if you decide to do another collab, please put the # sign in front of your gallery name to give credit both of you, as well as if you use anyone's artwork (I think you accredited artwork with a hashtag followed by the person's gallery ID.)

I loved this, by the way B)<3!
    General Feedback Note:
    Earlier in this thread, I've explained to a few people how to use the Alt key to make things fit into builds better, decorating even more and painting all walls (including the outside of a basement.)

P.S. I noticed that a few of you used real places/song titles, etc. in your builds for copyright reasons. They were beautiful, as all of your entries were, but that's one thing that Maxis doesn't fave, but you may keep them in the gallery because Maxis doesn't mind. However, I nominated everyone who entered for a Maxis fave --- and of course, I'll still tour every entry B)<3!

How do we choose our Maxis Faves? - Curation Guide!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/955438/how-do-we-choose-our-maxis-faves-curation-guide#latest
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    KaeCee27KaeCee27 Posts: 41 Member
    edited March 2020
    Entry Form
    Forum ID: KaeCee27
    Origin ID: KaeCee27
    Gallery Name:KaeCee27
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8858472C609E11EA8ECF56A050AF8D5F
    Name and town of the lot used: Sulani - Kin-Ship lot
    Building tip feedback wanted? No, thank you

Creative notes about your build: This is my first challenge for you :D I did not do anything too complicated in the decor of this build because I wanted it to be fairly player friendly for those who may enjoy this house after the party is over :)

Back Story: FireFly's Big Birthday Beach Bash. Plenty of room for guests to stay over and lots of activities. Catamaran, Jetskies, Ping Pong, all overlooking the beautiful Sulani Sea. Office space for writing with wonderful views! Outdoor Kitchen with seating and Bar. Dancing and DJ
    available all day and night plus a Hot Tub and Yoga for relaxing. Lots of Fun! Party all day & spend the night! Lots of your favorite colors and hopefully other things, too. Hope you enjoy my build for your birthday! Thank you for the challenge. I had fun building this for you :)

Arts by these Fab creators: Arts by @SimSationalToo @SurfChicCreation @WowDiva92 @Sparklili I don't know if their forum handles are the same....but shout outs anyway :)

bsiVlV6.jpg

alF18xW.png Bird's Eye

nImRRro.png Entry way with Gift area

TILRj3F.png Living Room

e8l0dTI.png Dining Room looking into Kitchen

nBu8ZNU.png View from main deck overlooking dancing and DJ area

5btlqKy.png Guest Bedroom
    Post edited by KaeCee27 on
  • Options
    It is a very beautiful island home! @KaeCee27 :) Very lovely exterior design, great roofing, nice calming blue and white colors and great tropical trees and flowers! The two flights of steps at entrance looks great! Very lovely layout and furnishing of the interior! The yellow, orange and blue colours are warm and lovely. Very nice floor rugs. The entry area with the colourful birthday gifts and balloons looks great! Very lovely living room! Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing on the sofa and armchairs chatting and listening to stereo music. The curtains and candles walls are pretty! Very beautiful lavender colour of the guest bedroom! The wall pattern is pretty! The candles and beauty items are lovely on the table, ready for Sims to use or to look at.Very nice deck areas! Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub and have fun dancing to the Dj booth music on the glass tile floor.
    It is a very special tropical birthday home for the challenge! :)
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the awesome comments, @rosemow :)
  • Options
    I love it @KaeCee27 B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Brolo6Brolo6 Posts: 5 New Member
    Entry Form - Sorry if I do this wrong I'm a little unsure what to do.

Forum ID: Brolo6

Origin ID: Brolo6

Gallery Name: Brolo6

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/918F172D660C11EA86BDEE4E43CC6F73?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Brolo6&max=50&maxis=false

Name and town of the lot used:
    Sulani - Saphire Shores

Building tip feedback wanted?
    Yes please, I love getting tips an advice :smile:

Creative notes about your build:
    I found the shape oof the ship quite difficult but having made 1 I would try some more maybe different styles in the future.

Back Story:
    The boat's all ready to sail. Plenty to keep you having fun and patrying all night.

https://imgur.com/gallery/j5xdlbi
  • Options
    ok i did that wrong :confounded: sorry i'll try again.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry I cant seem to post pics, but its up on the Gallery and I hope you like it :smiley: :heart:
  • Options
    Brolo6 wrote: »
    Entry Form - Sorry if I do this wrong I'm a little unsure what to do.

Forum ID: Brolo6

Origin ID: Brolo6

Gallery Name: Brolo6

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/918F172D660C11EA86BDEE4E43CC6F73?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Brolo6&max=50&maxis=false

Name and town of the lot used:
    Sulani - Saphire Shores

Building tip feedback wanted?
    Yes please, I love getting tips an advice :smile:

Creative notes about your build:
    I found the shape oof the ship quite difficult but having made 1 I would try some more maybe different styles in the future.

Back Story:
    The boat's all ready to sail. Plenty to keep you having fun and patrying all night.

jQHTv05.png
    ew0DN9R.png

w8DI9uP.png

BZsTmxG.png
    M9tNOqg.png
    OTNa0Ow.png

https://imgur.com/gallery/j5xdlbi

• Options
    Hello @Brolo6 :) Welcome to the forums!
    You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then change your profile picture , post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly, and have quotes appear in grey boxes ,This thread explain about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer.

Party Boat is a lovely nightclub boat to celebrate @coolsim9999999’s birthday! :) Very nice exterior design and the interior layout and furnishings are lovely! Very nice pier areas! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. The string lights on the sides of the pier leading to the entrance area are pretty! Very nice glass tiles area for sims to have fun dancing to music. They will enjoy relaxing on the loungers in the front area of the ship in the sunlight. Very nice deck area where Sims can relax in the hot tub. Very nice design and furnishing of the area where the ship’s captain steers the ship. The ship’s wheel looks great there! The area with the birthday presents and colourfully birthday presents is lovely and celebratory!
    It is a very nice party boat build :)
  • Options
    I love it @Brolo6 B)<3! Thanks so much for entering my challenge B)! Welcome to this tread B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    I'll write more later this week B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Thank you so very much for fixing it for me :heart:
    I'm so glad you like the build. :smiley:
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I love everyone's builds <3! Thanks so much B)! I can't wait to see what other entrants come up with, too B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Thank you @coolsim9999999 :)

And @Brolo6 That looks fantastic! Awesome yacht! :)
  • Options
    You're very welcome @KaeCee27 :)!

You're very welcome @luckyheather, and I can't wait to see what you're building for my birthday!!! B)
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,784 Member
    edited March 2020
    Entry Form
    Forum ID: luckyheather
    Origin ID: luckyheather
    Gallery Name: French Country Cafe
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2BD9DC0C6AA411EA86A68DBC48AB3951?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=luckyheather&max=50&maxis=false
    Name and town of the lot used: Garden Essence it is a 30x40
    Building tip feedback wanted? No Thanks
    Creative notes about your build: There is living room and bedroom above Cafe and a kitchen across the way behind the Party room. It could be a bakery but would need a till, there is a cupcake machine if needed for cakes as well as kitchen stove. I also included a couple of fireworks.
    Back Story: As you like speaking French and travelling I used this as my theme and was inspired by the Sims 3 Holiday builds.
    Art is by Babewire, juwels64, tiya33, FruitLoops40 and ALJay2000
    DtMMi7Q.png
    GuEkseA.png
    vQbOpOH.png
    NwNuDfQ.png
    y9gShBg.png
    fydCTdf.png
    Overviews
    kQBpUw5.png
    E5MF8BD.png

More Screenshots in my Forum Post here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17432191/#Comment_17432191
    Post edited by luckyheather on
  • Options
    French Country Cafe is a very lovely build for the challenge! @luckyheather :) Very great design and layout! The exterior of the buildings are very nice, and pretty flower box windows! Very lovely yellow and orange colours! The lake area with the water fountain, flowers,homely bridge and seed feeder for Sims to enjoy seeing birds come to the feeder is lovely! Very nice outdoors dining area with pretty umbrella topped tables! Great hot tub area. The interior furnishing of each area of the build is very nice! Very pretty colour scheme of the cafe and the wall art is lovely! Very nice type of dining chairs used. Lovely armchairs fireplace sitting and chatting area.Very pretty party room! The flowers are lovely on the table. Very nice French curtains! It is great there is a cupcake machine for Sims to enjoy baking food,The furnishing of the apartment is lovely! The sunflowers bed is very nice.Sims will enjoy painting on easel and doing flower arranging on the table. Very pretty floral cabinet in bedroom.
    It is a special cafe for her birthday! :)
  • Options
    I love it @luckyheather B)<3! Thank you for entering my challenge --- and on my actual birthday, too B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top