Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FireflyGamer107 / coolsim9999999 --- Monthly Building Challenge

Comments

• LionessInMNLionessInMN Posts: 478 Member
    Forum ID: LionessInMN
    Origin ID: Nihlia
    Gallery Name of Lot: Simsonian Botanical
    Gallery Link: Simsonian Botanical
    Original name and town of the lot used: Willow Creek Garden Essence
    Building tip feedback wanted? Sure, always open to new ideas

Creative notes: This lot was amazingly fun to build. I had never made a waterfall before, so I really enjoyed pushing myself. The pool is not intended to be swimable, it is there for the top of the waterfall only. This community lot can be placed as a park, café, or museum and meet the requirements for the lot. I included a wedding venue at the botanical gardens because I actually got married at the botanical gardens in Saint Louis, MO. This profit making lot has perfect plants, which are all harvestable including the money tree.

Back Story: After travelling to the jungles of Selvadorada, local botanical enthusiast Misty Lioness was inspired to combine her love for plants with the beauty of the jungle. She decided to build Simsonian Botanical to inspire other gardeners and art lovers. She wanted to offer the perfect alternative to sitting home on a rainy day!

Imgur gallery: Imgur Gallery

Vya45jX.png;

Om23SkD.png

za0JFKo.png

H6DTXzj.png

Additional Images:
    6H1MmDH.png

GjVvcsF.png

h5OrMPf.png

yQWku9Z.png

2FqgHAr.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    Simsonian Botanical is a very beautiful community venue! @LionessInMN :) Very, very lovely exterior design, glass dome roofing, columns, white colour,pretty blossoms and very nice greenery on exterior walls! Very lovely interior furnishings and layout! The flowers and plants waterfall is so very beautiful and very pretty! You have designed it so very well! There are so many special areas in the build! Very nice chess tables area with chequerboard flooring! The wedding area is a very lovely area for Sims to enjoy getting married. It looks very nice how the chairs have been set up there for the wedding guests to watch wedding, and listen to the piano playing. It is very special that in real life you were married at a Botanical Gardens <3 Very nice area where Sims can enjoy doing flower arranging. The cafe area is very nice! Sims will enjoy buying food and drinks there and dining at the tables. Very nice cats and kids monkey bars areas.
    It is a very lovely venue to visit on a rainy day! :)
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    Entry Form
    Forum ID: AlJay
    Origin ID: AlJay2000
    Gallery Name & link: A Home for a Rainy Day
    Original name of lot and town of the lot used: Comfy Cubby in Newcrest
    Building tip feedback wanted? Sure :)
    Creative notes about your build: nocc artwork was created by myself
    Back Story: This Tiny home is perfect for a rainy day. Make your simself some cookies and grab some coffee/hot chocolate and read a book, or sit down to watch a movie with some pizza and popcorn. Have a nice soak in the Jacuzzi tub and enjoy a nap or sit outside on the deck and enjoy the rain from the comfort of the hot tub.
    Street view photo
    Uw3C9Nj.png
    A bird’s eye view of each floor of your build.
    zgudTnj.png
    LLqlfCM.png
    VrNC1e8.png
    3 to 5 additional screenshots of your build found here
    A Home for a Rainy Day is a lovely modern tiny living home! @AlJay :) Very nice exterior design, great roofing, and very nice stone and wood exterior texture. The music, card table game and laundry garage is great! Very nice hot tub balcony for Sims to relax in the tub. The back patio outdoors dining, bbq and gardening area is very nice! Sims will enjoy cooking and eating outdoors at the umbrella covered table there and enjoy growing plants. The flower boxes are pretty! Very nice furnishing of the interior! The open plan layout is very nice, and the wood texture of the furniture is calming. Very nice tv nook area for Sims to enjoy sitting relaxing there watching tv, playing console games, reading books, eating popcorn and listening to music from the Linz speaker. Very lovely design of the kitchen! The cabinets and shelving look great how they are placed on the kitchen wall! Very nice island stools and sink counter. The pizza on the counter is great! Very lovely triangular bathtub with calming candles on the edges. Sims will enjoy restfully bathing there.
    It is a lovely home to spend a rainy day in! :)
  • LionessInMNLionessInMN Posts: 478 Member
    That's an adorable little house @AlJay. I really like how you blended the stonework, black and same wood color in much of the build. Very appealing to the eye! I also adore your artwork. I wish mine didn't flag as cc so I could use it :(
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    Thank you @rosemow and @LionessInMN :) That is too bad about your artwork @LionessInMN Unfortunately since the last update all new artwork will all be flagged as having cc so we are all in the same boat :'(
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,091 Member
    Great builds @LionessInMN and @AlJay ! I'll write more when my shoulder feels better!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited April 2020
    Hi Everyone -- my other shoulder hurts now, and so does the first.
    So I can’t stream at all now. I will let you know when I will resume streaming. It will be asap.

I’ll still nominate you for Maxis faves for my April build challenge :). I can't wait to see the rest of the April builds! <3

I don't think there will be a May challenge, but there will probably be a June challenge. Things could change for the better, and there could be a May challenge. I can't wait to see the rest of the April builds! We'll tour your April builds on Twitch when my shoulder heals!

I'll let you know, but after my shoulders heal, there will definitely be a challenge!
    4kkjdXo.png

I am sorry that both of your shoulders are hurting @coolsim9999999 :( I send hugs to you <3 I hope the pain starts to ease soon and that healing takes place.
    Thank you very much @rosemow and for the hugs! <3 Hugs back! <3
    4kkjdXo.png

• icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    @coolsim9999999 oof! Yes, please take care of yourself <3<3
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    Thank you very much @icanhassims <3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• PeacefulzonePeacefulzone Posts: 72 Member
    Forum ID: Peacefulzone
    Origin ID: Peacefulzone
    Gallery Name of Lot: The Escape Hatch
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2D437650705811EA800D6B80D24DD392
    Original name and town of the lot used: Del Sol Valley and Vacuous Green
    Building tip feedback wanted? Yes, I would very much like your feedback
    Creative notes about your build: This was an incredible challenge. The many options available made this a great build to be extremely creative with. Coming up with many ideas for one family fun location to remove the rainy day blahs brought out ideas that I would love to be able to offer my family IRL. Thank you for this opportunity.
    Back Story: The rain went on forever. Dad worked from home but had a demanding job and Mom was trying to keep the children entertained. This is not an easy task as she herself was restless. After a few days of constant rain they knew they had to get out and stretch their legs and tension. So, they all decided that an ESCAPE was just the required answer!! So off they went and the little ones even remembered Mom.. after all she was driving!!
    https://imgur.com/aflZBR0

https://imgur.com/1Op671i

https://imgur.com/f2KV1tj

https://imgur.com/ja8rmqh

https://imgur.com/Wr3eZXe

https://imgur.com/3OHrem4

https://imgur.com/tj6dUrb

https://imgur.com/x38ueOM

https://imgur.com/5WrTLO6
    edited April 2020
    Forum ID: Peacefulzone
    Origin ID: Peacefulzone
    Gallery Name of Lot: The Escape Hatch
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B6EB05C789BE11EA84706B07E7FA6E3B

Original name and town of the lot used: Del Sol Valley and Vacuous Green
    Building tip feedback wanted? Yes, I would very much like your feedback
    Creative notes about your build: This was an incredible challenge. The many options available made this a great build to be extremely creative with. Coming up with many ideas for one family fun location to remove the rainy day blahs brought out ideas that I would love to be able to offer my family IRL. Thank you for this opportunity.
    Back Story: The rain went on forever. Dad worked from home but had a demanding job and Mom was trying to keep the children entertained. This is not an easy task as she herself was restless. After a few days of constant rain they knew they had to get out and stretch their legs and tension. So, they all decided that an ESCAPE was just the required answer!! So off they went and the little ones even remembered Mom.. after all she was driving!!
    aflZBR0.jpg

1Op671i.jpg
    f2KV1tj.jpg
    ja8rmqh.jpg
    Wr3eZXe.jpg

3OHrem4.jpg
    tj6dUrb.jpg
    x38ueOM.jpg

5WrTLO6.jpg

The Escape Hatch is a very creatively designed modern build @Peacefulzone :) Very great exterior design and the large glass windows are very nice bringing in sunlight and great views!,The landscaping , flowers, plants, flamingos, and water fountains are very lovely! Very nice interior layout, and the furnishing of each area is very great !There are lots of enjoyable and fun activities for sims to do both indoors whilst it is raining outside! It is great there is an indoors pool and the glass tiling roof bowling alleys area is very nice!
    Sims will have lots of fun there! :)
    The gallery link was to your earlier build, so I have put the new build link in the photos post instead.
    When you are a full member you can edit your own post with the new link.
    edited April 2020
    Great build @Peacefulzone! I'll write more when my shoulder feels better!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited April 2020
    The rainy day challenge is closed for Maxis fave nomination.

I just nominated everyone for a Maxis fave B)!

When my shoulders heal, I'll write reviews, as well as put more extensive comments in the gallery :)!

Everyone had such creative builds <3!
    Thank you very much for doing my challenge, everyone B)!
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

edited August 2020
    Hi everyone! :)

This thread is active again!!! B)B)
    @Peacefulzone @luckyheather @taoron @icanhassims @AlJay @chips46 @emere @lsnishi @leashahampton @JojoMOMSTER @hootofthesims @Pepper61 @LionessInMN and anyone else who wants to build!!!

Would you guys like an August building challenge and tour too. It would be a smaller build --- or a bigger build if you want, but it would be due on Saturday, August 29 at Midnight EST. Tours for that on Monday, August 31. I will figure out a challenge today, and I'll post it in announcements on discord, on my Twitter and on the TS4 forum! NO lot size limits anymore.

There will also be a September build challenge, and you'll have the whole month to build!

My stream on Monday, August 17 will be a touring stream of your April builds for my rainy day challenge!

5 p.m. to 7p.m. EST stream.

I'm happy to be able to have this challenge again B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited August 2020
    August build challenge:
    Construct a residential or tiny residential home with a knitting room/outdoor knitting room and/or a room/outdoor/room for your eco lifestyle needs --- or a room with both knitting and eco lifestyle spaces!
    I'll post it in announcements on discord, on my Twitter and on the TS4 forum!

NO lot size limits anymore.

Hashtag: #fireflyecoknit

Due: Sunday, August 29 2020 by midnight EST.
    Tours on my Twitch stream: Monday, August 31
    Rules:
    Any budget, lot type, packs and world.
    No Custom Content (no cc) allowed.
    lot size: ANY
    You may use cheats to build or for your Sims to play test your build more efficiently.
    Hashtag: #fireflyecoknit
    In addition, please post your builds to the gallery using the hashtag. That way, I can easily nominate everyone for a Maxis fave!

Entry Form
    Forum ID:
    Origin ID:
    Gallery Name of Lot:
    Gallery Link:
    Original name of lot and town of the lot used:
    Building tip feedback wanted?
    Creative notes about your build:
    Back Story:
    Please Include:
    one street view photo
    A bird’s eye view of each floor of your build.
    3 to 5 additional screenshots of your build

I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone’s builds :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Thank you so very much @rosemow B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Keep me apprised for September. I'm up to my eyeballs in huge builds and just starting a new business, while still acting as housewife. LOL Plus, I don't have the knitting crotchety stuff yet, or the Eco Hippie stuff pack.
    I will be sure to tell you when and what my September challenge will be @Taoron ! Good luck on your builds! I know the feeling! February was like that for me. I had about 6 builds, 2 of which were 64X64 lots --- and on one of them, I had to help Pa plant about 2,000 potatoes...lol @Taoron B):D! Good luck on "acting housewife" and on your new business! I know it will go well!

Note to Everyone:
    I wanted to remind you guys that you don't have to have the packs to do my August challenge. Just look though debug and the live edit objects, as well as objects in the regular catelog to make eco or knitting items! B);)
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top