Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FireflyGamer107 / coolsim9999999 --- Monthly Building Challenge

Comments

• coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    edited February 2020
    February’s build challenge:
    Construct a vacation destination for Valentine's Day --- Please include a place to buy gifts for the one you love.
    Hashtag: fireflylove

Due: Thursday, February 27 at midnight EST

Tours: Friday, February 28 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. EST

Rules:
    Any budget, lot size, packs and world.
    No Custom Content (no cc) allowed.
    You may use cheats to build or for your Sims to play test your build more efficiently.
    Hashtag: #fireflylove
    In addition, please post your builds to the gallery using the hashtag. That way, I can easily nominate everyone for a Maxis fave!
    Due: Thursday, February 27 2020 by midnight EST.

Entry Form
    Forum ID:
    Origin ID:
    Gallery Name:
    Gallery Link:
    Name and town of the lot used:
    Building tip feedback wanted?
    Creative notes about your build:
    Back Story:
    Please include
    one street view photo
    A bird’s eye view of each floor of your build.
    3 to 5 additional screenshots of your build

I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone’s builds B)!
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

edited February 2020
    Debt Collector house reviews coming tonight for everyone who posted on this thread --- @AlJay's is already up.
    4kkjdXo.png

edited February 2020
    @Pepper61
    Review:
    Outside, the house with a great roof, garage, children’s play area and nicely manicured lawn with pretty landscaping makes this home perfect for a family. However, transportation, etc. the locked area with a tall barbed wire fence gives the home a hint of a clandestine business venture B)!

Inside, the kitchen and living room are especially cozy, and it’s very convenient to have a nice first floor laundry room and full bath! The toddler’s room on the second floor is adorable, and the teen’s room looks very comfy! Finally, the third floor master suite is luxurious with gilded closets and a bed with a high comfort, stress reducing and rest number is a great place for the parents to be pampered! The basement, debt collector’s office looks nice and stately, and I really like the room of “recovered” items! Very creative build <3! Thanks so much for entering :)! I love your screenshots B)!
    I really like your house B)!
    A few walls were unpainted in the basement, so painting or whatever would look better :).

@AliSim19
    Review:
    This massive, modern mansion is packed with very rich and fun details, througout! I can certainly tell that debt collector who likes to have lots of company and ensure that their company has a great time at their social events! Outside, the skylight atop the house, the faux fountains, grand entrance, enormous pool, hot tub, deck for entertaining 2 fancy cars and great landscaping really captures the essence of a rich lifestyle and never makes anyone suspect that a debt collector lives here.

Inside, the luxury continues in every nook and cranny! It’s hard to pick a favorite item! The open floor plan, flooring choice and pattern, golden statues and furnishings really capture the family’s wealth! Even in the debt collector’s office, that is evident! Upstairs, the rooms are just as decadent, and the way the paintings in the gym gleam through the rooftop skylight is beautiful! Very creative build <3! Thanks so much for entering :)! I love your screenshots B)!
    Very creative build <3! Thanks so much for entering :)! I love your screenshots B)!
    Since I can tell that you've been building very well for a while, I thought I would mention that to move objects away from the wall so they aren't right up against it, you can hold down the Alt key and left mouse button at the same time to make sure stuff doesn't stick through a wall (if you want, I can pm you with pictures of Alt-ed and un-Alt-ed objects. Just let me know. I took 2 screenshots that I can pm to you :).)

A rug under the outdoor dining table near the pool would make it pop more!

@Peacefulzone
    Review:
    I love how much attention to every part of this build you’ve given it. That incredible garden is one of my favorite parts of your build! Outside, the landscaping, terrain paint, fancy garage for your Sims’ fancy car, variety of landscaping included, activities for toddlers and children in the backyard, including a fishing pole for them! The roof is cute and the wall covering really suits the exterior of the house and garage!

Inside, the clutter is fantastic, the layout is charming, and the details are fun and plentiful! The basement is a great place to get ready for those clients who refuse to pay their debt --- complete with a sparing machine --- drink and play with children! I really like the first floor’s open floor plan, special patterned quarter tile work, color scheme, pops of color, debt collector’s office and waiting area and we must mention the hidden “death” area built behind the stairs!
    Very creative build <3! Thanks so much for entering :)! I love your screenshots B)!
    Since I can tell that you've been building very well for a while, I thought I would mention that to move objects away from the wall so they aren't right up against it, you can hold down the Alt key and left mouse button at the same time to make sure stuff doesn't stick through a wall (if you want, I can pm you with pictures of Alt-ed and un-Alt-ed objects. Just let me know. I took 2 screenshots that I can pm to you --- on this forum .) (Click on the envelope at the top of the screen next to your screen name to get your messages.)

A rug under the dining table next to the kitchen would make it pop more!

@Taoron
    Review:
    That huge rock is the very first thing that caught my eye! I love the 2 little roofs, and the jail cell in the front yard. Beyond that, outside, the entertainment space with a large outdoor screen, firepit and seating for guests is a great touch, and it shows the debt collector’s wealth. I hope they don’t get a thunderstorm, or that screen is gonna bite the dust! However, it is nice that they live in the dessert, so such an occurrence is unlikely. The bar, DJ booth and of course, those orange (my favorite color) couches are very cozy B)!

As we wander through that vault door to venture inside, we wonder what could be below such an ominous front yard portion of your outside. Upon climbing down the dimly-lit stairs, we get a surprise: a homey family abode with fantastic brick walls to pay homage to the debt collector’s intentions if clients refuse to pay their debts! The debt collector’s office with gold and a gilded pig with posh furniture is beautiful --- although we do wonder if that chest will eat clients if they don’t pay up :s! The family’s underground home combines fancy, fun and functionally rustic in a very creative blend <3!

Some items are Alt-ed and some are not. It would make your builds even better if you ensure that each item has been Alt-ed. Also, some walls and floors would look even better if you changed the wall or floor covering on a "feature" wall to highlight a special part of a room, such as behind, bed headboards, TVs and fireplaces.

@Rostri-Jodu
    Review:
    The sheer amount of detail this build includes is incredible :o! I love so many details, such as the roof and the “skylight,” as well as the organ you "hid" on the roof, the grand front foyer entrance, leading to two vaulted doors, behind which no one could ever guess what lies within, the debt collector’s decadent and diabolical office, especially off to the side (what’s in those “filing cabinets?” and the costly closets beyond the “comfortable” coffins B)!

Inside, the intricate details fascinate the viewer and to internally inquire the real purpose of this edifice!
    Outside, the tiling leading up to the front door is dazzling, the night view adds to the already “enter if you dare” feeling one gets from staring into this possibly infinite abyss, the perilous-looking plants, which surround and climb the building B)! Then, the color scheme and layout are the icing on the cake B)!

Some items are Alt-ed and some are not. It would make your builds even better if you ensure that each item has been Alt-ed. I know the plants needed to intersect for this build to look extra spooky.
    Some areas, especially in the bedrooms and bathrooms upstairs could use some additional decorations, such as more vines or spider webs on the walls, etc.

Thanks so much for entering everyone B)<3 --- as well as for your patience because of my really, really bad cold which is essentially gone now!

I will be much faster with reviews, etc. this month...lol :D! Thanks so much for your patience this month :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,716 Member

Hello @coolsim9999999 :) your new challenge sounds a fun one to do so I might join in this time ;):) Bookmarked and made a note of the challenge rules. Thanks for the Monthly building challenge :)
    Thanks so very much, @luckyheather --- and you're very welcome to come to my stream as well! I've pm'd you the link via this forum :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Thank you so much for your very detailed review and feedback @coolsim9999999 😊 This was a fun challenge!

I use my alt key so much that it’s wearing out, but some times I miss some clipping so thanks for the heads up, I’ll try to be more careful! I didn’t think about a rug outside, great suggestion thank you 😊
    edited February 2020
    You're very welcome, and I'm happy you enjoyed it @AliSim19 :) --- My alt key is very wobbly and almost out of commission --- lol! I'm glad I could help, and also help with the rug under the table :)! I really did like your house a wicked lot B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    ooooh!! Coolsimm!! I had no idea you'd started your own challenge :open_mouth:

will definitely have to look into getting something created for this...
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    edited February 2020
    Thanks so much, @Simming_Spoonie !! B) I'm looking forward to seeing your entry! B)

Gonna stream on Twitch in about 10 minutes! :)
    4kkjdXo.png

edited February 2020
    Reviews and feedback are done for all of your fantastic debt collector homes @Pepper61 @AliSim19 @Peacefulzone @Taoron @Rostri-Jodu B)<3!

Again, thanks so much for patiently awaiting my reviews/feedback this month <3<3!

Scroll up to read them lol :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Pepper61Pepper61 Posts: 84 Member
    @coolsim9999999 thanks a bunch for the feedback! :)
    edited February 2020
    You're very welcome @Pepper61 B)! I'm looking forward to the next build you do for my Valentine's Day challenge (see the top of this page.) B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    @coolsim9999999 Thank you for the detailed review and for hosting such an interesting challenge. I can't wait to see what everyone dreams up for the next one!
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Hello there,

I'm going to submit an entry for the vacation destination challenge but I'm wondering if we should make the lots retail so that you actually can buy something or can a "place to buy gifts" be more decorative?
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    You may choose retail or any other lot type this time @icanhassims :)! Welcome to the challenge B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

You're very welcome, @Rostri-Jodu B)!! I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with, too B)!!!
    4kkjdXo.png

Thanks for doing an entry for my challenge @luckyheather <3! I can't wait to see it! B)!!!
    4kkjdXo.png

Thanks, @coolsim9999999! I'm actually almost done with mine because I'm bored out of my mind and had some inspiration. :)
    Forum ID: @icanhassims
    Origin ID: icanhassims
    Gallery Name: The Jungle Taj
    Gallery Link: (click above)
    Name and town of the lot used: Jungle Bungalow lot in Selvadorada
    Building tip feedback wanted? Yes, please!

Creative notes about your build: While this building is inspired by the Taj Mahal in India, I also want to be very clear that it is not at all the same model. I wish to be respectful of the original building (which is a holy site and national treasure) and tried to keep the external design closer to the original. I should also note that the real Taj Mahal is in the more desert region of the country while this is placed in a jungle setting.

The first floor contains a gift shop and public restrooms. The second floor is a restaurant where you can experience the local cuisine. Third floor are rooms for rent on your vacation. There are three room tiers based on price, which should be obvious when looking at the beds and space of each room. Every floor has balconies available to enjoy the outdoors from the comfort of the hotel.

The outside is similarly inspired by but not directly modeled after the real Taj Mahal. IRL the Yamuna river flows behind the Taj, so I wanted to make sure there was water included around the building to represent that.

Alphabet NoCC art is by @SurfChicCreation and Indian NoCC art by @NaJoPau & @Charantea

Back Story: Two Americans are traveling to Selvadorado for the first time. While they are excited to experience a culture different from their own, they're also a little nervous about leaving behind some of the western comforts. This Selvadoradian hotel seemed like the perfect compromise. While it's obviously geared toward tourists with its gift shop and high-end restaurant, it also clearly incorporates the richness and diversity of the rich culture they hope to explore on their journey into the jungle.

UHi2EP7.png
    MwVoZru.jpg
    PTYcYoH.png

First floor: Gift shop and public bathrooms
    qgwyWPE.png
    HZb3OVj.png
    qVQSPXr.png

Second floor: Restaurant and bar
    WA3f7Xm.png
    O4e4Lls.png
    Bu50kQb.png
    UMGFmpc.png
    DZhLRYI.png

Third floor: Bedrooms
    HPdmQSO.png
    ZmOOb9t.png
    6b6rIBA.png
    25j7N4k.png
    60nhpov.png
    6PBZGxP.png
    XOczmtj.png
    zQ4NIWl.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    The Jungle Taj is a very beautiful Selvadoradan hotel! @icanhassims :) Very lovely exterior design, white colour, arch windows and the dome roofing and balconies are very special! The river around the edges of the building is very nice! Very nice tropical trees and pretty purple flowers ! Very nice furnishing and layout of each level! The patterned and coloured floor rugs add a very nice look to the levels! Very pretty flowers either sides of the front entrance in the gift shop level! The table of red roses to buy is very lovely! Very nice Indian wallart through the build. The restaurant and bar is very nice to dine at! The round dining tables and rugs under them are very nice! Sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar with their meal. The furnishings, design and colour of each of the bedrooms is very nice! It is very nice that there are three levels of rooms. The candles on the bedside tables are pretty! The flower wall mirrors are lovely and very nice marble flooring! Very nice wall tiling in the bathroom.
    It is a very lovely build! :)
    Thank you, @rosemow dear!
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,716 Member
    edited February 2020
    Entry Form
    Forum ID: luckyheather
    Origin ID: luckyheather
    Gallery Name: Sapphire Shores Resort
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D855336F4A8311EA8BB904251609DAB9?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=luckyheather&max=50&maxis=false
    Name and town of the lot used: Sapphire Shores on Sulani
    Building tip feedback wanted? No thanks.
    Creative notes about your build: Art is from juwels64 and SimSationalToo
    I took my builder sim there after moving her and she found the watercraft had gone but the loungers were still on the water. She found that as its a 'Generic' community lot to have the Uni Canteen working you have to hire for $100 and also for the Bars, so maybe simmers can decide what the Community lot will be on their Sulani World as it has many possibilities!
    The little Gift Shop is the small Hut on the Left of the main building.
    Back Story:
    qKWvDxe.png
    DWiAdZ7.png
    OV6oyvc.png
    xIb4eXz.png
    u7iIk3a.png
    25L2eMI.png
    Shop
    i8P2OLN.png
    Overviews
    PMD1X6g.png
    NyLmE9T.png
    ewOpMiY.png

All Screenshots in Forum here https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17396823/#Comment_17396823
    Post edited by luckyheather on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Sapphire Shores Resort is a very lovely resort for Sims to enjoy staying at! @luckyheather :) Very beautiful exterior design and layout, and lovely interior furnishings! The huts are very nice!Very lovely levels of decks! The hot tub decks , outdoors dining and bbq decks and the loungers decks are very lovely! The wood walls and the roofing are very nice! Very lovely design and furnishings of the interior of east of the huts! Very calming and restful colours! Very nice wood texture of the furniture. The layout of the dining hall with dining tables, chairs and blue patterned floor rugs under them is very nice! Very nice gym and the bat is a lovely place for Sims to enjoy sitting on the sofas or stools having a drink from the bar. Very nice leafy wall pattern! Very nice design of gift shop! The items to buy look great how they are displayed on the shelving! Very lovely furnishing of the bedrooms and the tv and study desk huts!
    It is a very special island resort! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top