Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show us your recent WIPs here!

Comments

• Options
    allierae2010allierae2010 Posts: 47 Member
    I'm not too good at these things, so feel free to share some advice.

painALm.png
    oX0zKpk.png

What pack are those couches from? Or are they CC? I aaaache for better couches & sofas & living room chairs
  • Options
    TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Nice WIP @allierae2010 Looking forward to seeing the completed project.
  • Options
    Nadsp1994Nadsp1994 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I love sims and building and for years I've been trying to build various palaces being one of them Buckingham Palace but sims 4 building restrictions make some buildings impossible to replicate (or so I thought). Yesterday I was in Tumblr searching for my buildings and I stumbled across this amazing Buckingham Palace sims reproduction I ever saw <3 I really had to share:

Bucksimgham By Simpireblr
    https://thesimpireblr.tumblr.com/post/190086326337/welcome-to-bucksimgham-palace-a-private-tour-of

I still don't understand how he was able to do it!!!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello @Nadsp1994 :) Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you enjoy building in the game.Building is a very special part of simming and we can express our creativity through the game. It is fun and enjoyable also!
    The palace you have linked to is very elegant, regal and grand! :)
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    Nadsp1994 wrote: »
    Hi, I love sims and building and for years I've been trying to build various palaces being one of them Buckingham Palace but sims 4 building restrictions make some buildings impossible to replicate (or so I thought). Yesterday I was in Tumblr searching for my buildings and I stumbled across this amazing Buckingham Palace sims reproduction I ever saw <3 I really had to share:

Bucksimgham By Simpireblr
    https://thesimpireblr.tumblr.com/post/190086326337/welcome-to-bucksimgham-palace-a-private-tour-of

I still don't understand how he was able to do it!!!

I'm pretty sure that this isn't original S4 build mode. I found hardly any familiar BB object in the posted pictures (there is one of the s4 grand pianos visible in one of the pics), so I think it might be made with some other 3D architecture software. Also look at the ceilings they've build. We all know, that with the usual tools from the game you can't recolour celeings at all, not to speak from baroque stucco ceilings. They original S4 ceilings are plain and white and I don't know any mod how to change this. So what we see might be a huge assembly of hundreds of individual CC objects - or, as I said before, it isn't build with the Sims 4 game at all.

You also have to consider the size of such a build. It's hard to belive that a building housing all those rooms shown is "small" enough to fit in on a 50x50 or 64x64 lot.

But whatever they used to create it, it's for sure impressive and a great achievement.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    The outside front porch area looks to be awnings enlarged, and the gold leaf decor is from Get Famous. I'm assuming the frescos are CC related.

Technically, you can't color or cover ceilings.
    HwzKrnL.png

I also want to try this with art on unframed art and T.O.O.L. That might happen tonight.

I have a thought I want to try though, for that baroque cieling trim like that, that might work. Wheels are turning now.

They do say, at the end that there is a ton of CC and recolors and I do recognise a lot of the CC and S4 items in the build. Outside of time, patience and a lot of bad words, I am wont to say this could be done in S4 and probably was.
  • Options
    Well, @Bonxie (read above. I didn't tag you there) it worked. I'm all giddy now. I just did a slapdash job of it, to see if my idea would work, and it does. I am so going to be using this in a future build.

VaPvIGH.png
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    That's amazing @Taoron! How did you get the artwork to stick to the ceiling and face downward? I'm guessing the crossbeams are shelves or other decorative objects MOO'ed up there. You're very creative!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Very clever @Taoron !! That’s awesome! 😎😁
  • Options
    @lsnishi @AliSim19 Make Square rooms. Make sure they are 1 space apart so that they do not join and ruin your squares. Make as many squares as you need to complete the size of the room you want.

Now wrap each square room with a Frieze of your choice to create the coffered ceiling look.

Delete all of the walls.

Frame out your room.

Drop your art that is on a small canvas (square) and use T.O.O.L to rotate it face down (90 degrees) MOO it into place.

Pretty sexy, eh? I had an idea from the Palace post and how it was done and that was just done in like 2 minutes, to test my theory. Whole new building worlds just opened up! =)
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I'm not even going to use the Spandrel thing as much anymore, with the opportunities avalable with friezes. You can't coffer it because you'll have little 'nipples' hanging down from the ceiling. This is a whole new ballgame.
  • Options
    Or plums hanging down......
  • Options
    AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    @Taoron Thanks for the step by step, so simple when you break it down like that! Still, more technical brilliance - extremely nice work 🙌🙌😊 not sure when I’ll find play time tomorrow but I know what I’ll be trying out 😉
  • Options
    Wow, that's very creative to figure out to use the friezes for the coffers @Taron. And thank you for the detailed explanation. But sorry, I'm not familiar with T.O.O. L. is that a mod or an acronym?
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    lsnishi wrote: »
    Wow, that's very creative to figure out to use the friezes for the coffers @Taron. And thank you for the detailed explanation. But sorry, I'm not familiar with T.O.O. L. is that a mod or an acronym?

@lsnishi It's a script that allows you to freely move most objects on any axis. Like when I placed the rakes and push brooms against the wall. If you look at my Single Wide Mansion, the stolen ATM on the hand truck is at a certain angle, so it's leaning against the back of the house. It takes some getting used to, but opens up all kinds of possibilities.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/t-o-o-l-public-28887948

You're welcome @AliSim19 I'm just psyched that I could figure it out and that it worked. I'm still bouncing in my chair like a Tigger. I just started a whole new build, so that I can play with the idea in more detail. I was wondering a few weeks ago if I could o that with art, and it slipped my mind. Then I thought of it again and envisioned a ceiling like in the Sistine Chapel. Forgot about it. Then I saw this post today and OYG!!!! I can do this!!!! LOL Like I always say, nothing is impossible with a little work, sweat and bad words. :P
  • Options
    Thanks for the info @Tauron! LOL, you have a stolen ATM on a hand truck! LOL! I missed that when I looked at the build! I did do a house for an insane sim (male) that had a female mannequin (allegedly his wife) in the bedroom and eye charts as wall decor, so I guess one sim's idea of clutter and decor really depends on the sim! :)
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    @lsnishi Indeed. And T.O.O.L really opens up new opportunities to do some fabulous things or even get a little whacky with decor.

Yeah, it's at the back of the house. I made sure to get a picture of it. In the bedroom, I also layed a liquor bottle on the floor, next to the bed and stood up a push broom on the shed. I tried to get some of that loose lumber to work, but it wouldn't move for me. It works with some things and not for others. Just a matter of testing the items you want to use.

On the latest beach house, I wanted to make that airplane swoop in, but I guess because of the height and the size, when I went to rotate it, it shrunk. I was able to get the smaller planes to swoop around the Christmas tree in my Santa's Workshop and place the hammers into the hands of some of my 'elves' and get the angle just about perfect. (also in the pics of that build.
  • Options
    LOL @Taoron, I'm going to have to check your builds more carefully. I guess I'll never know what I'll find!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    Here I've got the master bathroom upstairs.
    01-05-20-2-50-13-PM.png
    01-05-20-2-49-55-PM.png
    This is the master bedroom. I took a couple screenshots to show the inside/outside of the closet.
    01-05-20-4-53-57-PM.png
    01-05-20-4-54-13-PM.png
    01-05-20-4-54-17-PM.png
    These are from the living room. I'm still not happy with the staircase..I'll eventually go back and replace it.
    01-05-20-4-54-48-PM.png
    01-05-20-4-55-09-PM.png
    And since the living room completes the first floor, I took a bird's eye view to show the layout. It's unique, forcing a connection between kitchen and living room through the hallway or porch. I like it, even though it's not the most *efficient*.
    01-05-20-4-56-39-PM.png
    I actually moved in a household, partially so I could test some of the denser areas for accessibility. Most of the house is okay, I had to remove the extra side counter from the master bathroom, and for some reason the shower wasn't cleaning sims? I replaced it with a different object and it worked fine. *shrug* But they have a dog and are filling the house with babies and I am in the middle of making a yard. Outdoors are always tough for me, so it'll either be a minute or never until I *actually* feel like it's ready for viewing. lol
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited January 2020
    The master bathroom, bedroom, and living room are very nice! @allierae2010 :) Very nice brown,black and blue colours, and the designs and furnishings of the rooms are very nice! The bedroom closet looks great! Very nice layout of the first floor.
    There is an issue with shower/tub combination items, and that may have been the cause of your issue.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Shower-interaction-not-filling-Hygiene-need-on-Shower-Tub/m-p/8533070#M115019
  • Options
    @AliSim19 @lsnishi It doesn't work, once you enclose it in a room. Back to the drawing board.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    The master bathroom, bedroom, and living room are very nice! @allierae2010 :) Very nice brown,black and blue colours, and the designs and furnishings of the rooms are very nice! The bedroom closet looks great! Very nice layout of the first floor.
    There is an issue with shower/tub combination items, and that may have been the cause of your issue.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Shower-interaction-not-filling-Hygiene-need-on-Shower-Tub/m-p/8533070#M115019

Oh wow, I thought it was strange. I had never had a glitch before. Hopefully EA doesn't ignore it like they did all of Sims 3. Sims 4 has been nearly flawless up until now, comparatively.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    These are lovely. I've just begun a mansion in Suliani and it's currently in very early stages but it will make use of winding staircase tools. People complain about not having spiral staircase and don't make use of winding staircase tools.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    VYXVYX Posts: 19 Member
    Current wip inspired by the Tiny Living contest and instantly thought of Bora Bora as an inspiration (turns out the deck is counted into the floor tiles limit so technically I failed already haha).
    https://imgur.com/a/vY3aYl9

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top