Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited December 2019
    @Rflong7
    Okay, that is seriously the prettiest world in the world.For my next story Ginger by @LMC6255 will be finding her prince charming in that town.I can picture it now like a little hallmark movie.And the house all covered in snow...eek my story senses are tingling LOL I'm so excited... <3<3

@LMC6255
    Seriously though, I love that you had my storytelling in mind <3 I'm a sap for romances LOL
    Especially when they don't even know each other LOL.

@GraceyManor Your romantic stories was my main inspiration for this gift.. Now there's more to come.. After all, we do want to meet Ginger's prince! It is up to you to decide when and how they meet!! I also added a couple venues where they could meet, but that will be coming up maybe the day after tomorrow..After I unvail all your gifts all that's needed is some of your story telling magic!!
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @Rflong7 and the rest of the Buddies
    I just did an install of the world after peeking at it via custard. Then I looked at the installed content tab of the launcher ... nothing else came through. Going to mark it as CC free.
  • Options
    @LMC6255 : Both gifts are CC free!

Ginger looks like such a nice Sim, but it's the house that made me gasp in surprise! It's such a wonderful, story book type house, and I absolutely love that style! (I think it would go great in Rflong's new world, don't you?) You did a wonderful job of making it look whimsical, and you used colors so well together! I love the little details you've done in the decorating, like the little awning over the door in the dining room.

@Rflong7: What can I say that I've never said before about any of your worlds? As detailed and perfect as ever. I love the fact that this one is already populated with Sims just right for it (I *love* the names!); it makes it much easier to just jump in and play the world from the get-go. And it's a perfect replacement to Winter Wonderland. While I love that world, and I play it for several months every Christmas, this one looks just as pretty, and probably more updated with expansions and store stuff.

I could NOT, however, check the world in Cleaner. Oh, I brought it in, but Cleaner always views the world itself as CC. I think something in the way worlds get compacted, Cleaner has no way to see if there's any individual CC in it. That said, I've played worlds of yours before, and I don't ever recall seeing CC in any of them, so I'm pretty sure it's safe. If anyone has ANY questions about that, I suggest renaming your Sims 3 folder to something else, allowing the game to create a new Sims 3 folder, and then installing the world there. It WILL create a .dbc file (because technically the world itself is CC), but this way if this world DOES have CC, it won't get mixed up in your other games. Quite frankly, I'm sure it's safe, but it's up to everyone else how they want to handle it.

Edit: Rflong, I also wanted to tell you, and forgot to mention it - the world you created reminds me so much of an electric train set that my brother and I had as kids. It was enormous; we had these pulleys installed in his room that would cause the entire thing to lift up against his wall, so he could have some room when it wasn't down all the time. (The train set took up the ENTIRE room, with just enough space to move around it.) This is SO MUCH like it, that I can see myself growing nostalgic as I play it. :)

@MiaSkywalker Thank you so much for all your kind words!! It would be wonderful to see Ginger's Fantasy Abode in RFLong's world!!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @ciane I've got to go through the lot list and make sure I install all of everything and then I'm going to see the lot again. For some reason I forget to check that. I always think I have "The Whole Store" installed all the time. I don't. :blush:

I have been looking at it though, and I love the levels and the layout. The balconies with different activities is so smart! Keeping it small so I can move it anywhere is Grand. Thanks again! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn:Hey buddy. I'm really excited to share with you, a sweet modern house.

GIFT #1

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351022

q4xjcdI.jpg

nvtNh67.jpg

HPauTGT.jpg

z2cOEAb.jpg
    :) Smile!

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    @ciane I've got to go through the lot list and make sure I install all of everything and then I'm going to see the lot again. For some reason I forget to check that. I always think I have "The Whole Store" installed all the time. I don't. :blush:

I have been looking at it though, and I love the levels and the layout. The balconies with different activities is so smart! Keeping it small so I can move it anywhere is Grand. Thanks again! :mrgreen:

Ooh, thank you - I got that reminder just in time. I was downloading everything to my game folder I made to build gifts, and it doesn't have everything installed - just what I was using to make stuff. I hadn't actually hit install on any of it yet, though, so I'll just transfer the download files somewhere more appropriate.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @Puddinroy Hmm, alien flair and surprises. Nice and interesting little house you've made there.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @Puddinroy How cool!~ I love modern. You make me want to see more. I'm going to be installing everything tomorrow. :cookie:
  • Options
    LMC6254...Rec'd.

Lourdes. I absolutely fell in awe of the exterior & style of Ginger's Fantasy Abode. The house is so warm & inviting. I know that Ginger is very happy to have lived there with her family & that she is still able to enjoy living there. Imagine to be able to live & work in such a loving place as that...awesome! :)

So very glad that the links are now working correctly for everyone.

@TEXASKITTYKAT Gee, thank you!! That is so sweet of you! I'm so glad you liked my build! This one of those creations that took a life of it's own once I started building it..
  • Options
    @suzses: Thanks. :)

@Rflong7: Thanks. :)

• Options
    @TEXASKITTYKAT It's so really nice of you to come by and look at and comment on what we're doing here. :) Thanks for your nice comments on my house - hope your sim family enjoys it. :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @Puddinroy Very nice build! I like the futuristic look! Would look awesome in a Oasis Landing styled world I created last year called Dream-Topia! :)
  • Options
    LMC6255 wrote: »
    @Puddinroy Very nice build! I like the futuristic look! Would look awesome in a Oasis Landing styled world I created last year called Dream-Topia! :)

@LMC6255: Thanks. OOO, a new world. Is it in your studio?

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @Puddinroy - I love the shape of your building, your modern furnishings, and the pool slide!

@Rflong7 - Oops! I tend to use whatever is available when I build to get the look or the price or the comfort I'm after unless I know that whoever I'm building for doesn't have something. Let me know if I need to swap anything out.

I'm going to head to bed now. I'll catch up with everything that might drop in later when I peek in tomorrow.
  • Options
    @LMC6255
    Gift 1 and 2 are quite nice and leaves me wanting to see the other parts that make up the whole package! Ginger is pretty and has much to offer another Sim. Her home has such a romantic feel to it. LOVE her kitchen ... makes me want to bake cookies. :cookie:
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @Puddinroy : Your gift has been checked and is CC free!

I like your little house - while the outside looks like it would fit into any neighborhood, the inside has that futuristic vibe that's sort of a surprise to any neighbors who come to visit. Looks like a nice little house for a small family, or a single Sim or couple. The shape is also really cool - makes me think of a rocket ship. :)
  • Options
    @MiaSkywalker: Thanks. Yes, a rocket ship/spaceship is what I was going for.

• Options
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    LMC6255 wrote: »

@LMC6255: Thanks. OOO, a new world. Is it in your studio?

@Puddinroy Yes, it is in my studio here is the link: thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9234053 I think you might like this one.. It has a lot of content from Into the Future...
  • Options
    @Rflong7
    Your gift is sure to delight all of us and bring countless hours of fun to our games! Your attention to detail in creating an overall theme that is both whimsical and practical is mighty impressive. From the street names, house names, families and more this gift shows wit and a sense of style and order ... or is that Missy Kringle keeping Kris and the others in line and on schedule?
  • Options
    ADWilson wrote: »
    @LMC6255
    Gift 1 and 2 are quite nice and leaves me wanting to see the other parts that make up the whole package! Ginger is pretty and has much to offer another Sim. Her home has such a romantic feel to it. LOVE her kitchen ... makes me want to bake cookies. :cookie:

@ADWilson Awe, thank you! I especially like that this build inspires cookie making! I definitely was striving for romantic! I tried sliders for the first time when making Ginger, I'm pretty happy with how she turned out!
  • Options
    @Puddinroy
    Gift 1 teases us with a hint of what might be found behind closed doors. The teal flooring is quite striking when paired with the wood walls! Do Sims brave the inner sanctum or run away as fast as they can? Either way is sure to bring plenty of story possibilities.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @LMC6255 you did well with the sliders.Creating sims is tricky, a lot of times mine all look the same 🤣
  • Options
    Going to stop here and call it a night.
    Great job, everyone! Both with your lovely gifts as well as the lively chatter.
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    AM I REALLY FOUR/FIVE HOURS LATE?! EEEK! (12 hour work day, apologies!)

But for the occasion :D:D:D
    raw

@Ciane, I don't know if you've guessed it already, but if you haven't, you're my buddy! :mrgreen: I'm gonna try to go through commenting first and post the first gift for you, afterwards! Okie dokie? :kissing_smiling_eyes: I'll try to be as fast as I can! There's SO much to catch up on. :scream: Anywhos, you just happen to be the first one to post your gift! B) By the way, it looks awesome. I'm truly amazed how you were able to capture the look of the actual building without CFE (I hope you don't mind ***SPOILER ALERT*** I MAY HAVE USED IT A WEE BIT FOR YOUR GIFTS, K? K. :#

@Jessabeans, how could it be? The first simmer who posts their gift is my buddy and the second one is also my buddy! <3o:) My jaw hit the floor. It's spectacular! It's got the arches! Squee! And it's a family home. :smiley: Thanks Jess! *hugs*

@GraceyManor, what a unique lot! I love the way you designed the UFO crash space and here I am in awe again wondering just how you all make sim versions look so easy! *snatches the Davilla's*. My worlds need more simmies!

@suzses, the lot is so pretty and your pictures of it are so pretty! Are you a photographer or something? :D
    suzses wrote: »
    @Jessabeans I'm sure it's just what 60smusicluvr had in mind, and if it's not, I'll take it. ;) It's all perfect - architecture, landscaping, furnishings - everything right down to the tiles.
    NO YOU WON'T!!!!! :tongue:

@LMC6255, Ginger Davis is a beautiful sim, but I'm biased. I love red hair. :wink: Ginger's Fantasy Abode is really cute. I especially like the exterior windows and all the store content! :lol:

@Rflong7, I have always loved Christmas Villages. I could stare for hours, seriously. You've captured the spirit of the holiday so well! The town is adorable and I love all the unique characters that inhabit it! :heart_eyes:

Inserting funny gif,now. I just sort of feel like I'm walking through Victoria's secret with the shiny floors and sparkly things!!
    giphy.gif

@Puddinroy, do my eyes decieve me or does your home kind of resemble this little dude? (LARGE IMAGE)
    latest?cb=20111208014822

Woo! I hope I didn't miss anyone! Going to have to upload fast, so I can get to bed on time and do another 12 hour day over again. @Ciane, don't know yet, but may upload around the same time, tomorrow night. I might be able to squeeze in a small gift in the morning, but not sure.

• Options
    @LMC6255 you did well with the sliders.Creating sims is tricky, a lot of times mine all look the same 🤣

@GraceyManor Thank you! You make beautiful Sims!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top