Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited December 2019
    @GraceyManor I'm glad you like my gift, give me a second to relink.. I'm sorry!! :(
    @MiaSkywalker Thank you! I will relink!!

Ginger Davis:
    thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351011
    Ginger's Fantasy Abode

thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351012

Finger crossed I hope they work this time...
  • Options
    @ADWilson Thank you!! How did you do it?
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @LMC6255
    Its alright someone else linked it to me, those still aren't working.
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited December 2019
    LMC6255 wrote: »
    @GraceyManor I'm glad you like my gift, give me a second to relink.. I'm sorry!! :(
    @MiaSkywalker Thank you! I will relink!!

Ginger Davis:
    htt/thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351011p://

Ginger's Fantasy Abode

thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351012

Finger crossed I hope they work this time...

Psst ...
    go to the post before yours (with the wording above) where I added the links. Click quote and it will show you how I typed them. Feel free to copy/paste that information into your gift post. Relax, you've got this!
  • Options
    @GraceyManor Thank you for being patient with me.. I not the best with computer's I'm afraid.. I hope you enjoy your gifts! BTW, I love what you created for Puddinroy! You did an amazing job! It's Beautiful!!!
  • Options
    LMC6255 wrote: »
    @GraceyManor Thank you for being patient with me.. I not the best with computer's I'm afraid.. I hope you enjoy your gifts! BTW, I love what you created for Puddinroy! You did an amazing job! It's Beautiful!!!

Aww thanks! And no worries, I'm not computer savvy either LOL.
    I'm downloading them right now.I really like the outfit you used on Ginger, that's one of my favorite dresses, I constantly use
    it all the time!
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @Gracey Manor – I LOVE that boxer and his family! I also love that they have fun things in their inventory and that the dad has a military career!

@Rflong7 – Awesome! I am so glad that you like modern builds! And that you sim loves to party!
    @LMC6255 – What a great sim and awesome story unfolding! Her inherited gingerbread house also fits the Christmas theme so well!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2019
    @ciane It does! It actually makes me smile and brings a little tears to my eyes. I love gift sharing! *everyone being so sweet and giving is heartwarming* :heart::cookie:
    I clicked on the wrong item to install (I Save instead of install) so I have to wait a bit longer to go see it in game. :sigh:

• Options
    edited December 2019
    @Rflong7
    Okay, that is seriously the prettiest world in the world.For my next story Ginger by @LMC6255 will be finding her prince charming in that town.I can picture it now like a little hallmark movie.And the house all covered in snow...eek my story senses are tingling LOL I'm so excited... <3<3

@LMC6255
    Seriously though, I love that you had my storytelling in mind <3 I'm a sap for romances LOL
    Especially when they don't even know each other LOL.
  • Options
    @Rflong7
    Okay, that is seriously the prettiest world in the world.For my next story Ginger by @LMC6255 will be finding her prince charming in that town.I can picture it now like a little hallmark movie.

Thank you! :mrgreen:
    @ADWilson and @Pary helped me test it. They found a lot of mistakes and I hope I corrected them all.

@Hidehi, I'll give you your second gift tomorrow. :cookie::mrgreen:
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @GraceyManor I'm sure Puddinroy doesn't mind that you were too excited to wait. :D The Davilla family is the perfect complement to your UFO Welcome Center. Nice looking family and love that you included some special little things in their inventories (which I'll have to check out here sometime soon).

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @suzses
    Aww thanks! Especially the doggy inventory, he's been one busy little pooch. :D
  • Options
    @LMC6255 Ginger is a lovely sim, as is her home. Fortunately for her, she inherited something very appropriate to her hopelessly romantic nature. Love the window choices and the kitchen especially.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited December 2019
    @LMC6255 : Both gifts are CC free!

Ginger looks like such a nice Sim, but it's the house that made me gasp in surprise! It's such a wonderful, story book type house, and I absolutely love that style! (I think it would go great in Rflong's new world, don't you?) You did a wonderful job of making it look whimsical, and you used colors so well together! I love the little details you've done in the decorating, like the little awning over the door in the dining room.

@Rflong7: What can I say that I've never said before about any of your worlds? As detailed and perfect as ever. I love the fact that this one is already populated with Sims just right for it (I *love* the names!); it makes it much easier to just jump in and play the world from the get-go. And it's a perfect replacement to Winter Wonderland. While I love that world, and I play it for several months every Christmas, this one looks just as pretty, and probably more updated with expansions and store stuff.

I could NOT, however, check the world in Cleaner. Oh, I brought it in, but Cleaner always views the world itself as CC. I think something in the way worlds get compacted, Cleaner has no way to see if there's any individual CC in it. That said, I've played worlds of yours before, and I don't ever recall seeing CC in any of them, so I'm pretty sure it's safe. If anyone has ANY questions about that, I suggest renaming your Sims 3 folder to something else, allowing the game to create a new Sims 3 folder, and then installing the world there. It WILL create a .dbc file (because technically the world itself is CC), but this way if this world DOES have CC, it won't get mixed up in your other games. Quite frankly, I'm sure it's safe, but it's up to everyone else how they want to handle it.

Edit: Rflong, I also wanted to tell you, and forgot to mention it - the world you created reminds me so much of an electric train set that my brother and I had as kids. It was enormous; we had these pulleys installed in his room that would cause the entire thing to lift up against his wall, so he could have some room when it wasn't down all the time. (The train set took up the ENTIRE room, with just enough space to move around it.) This is SO MUCH like it, that I can see myself growing nostalgic as I play it. :)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Something always drops in as I'm typing comments and then I feel like someone might think I didn't like their presents! Luckily, you all are awesome, so I know you know that I'm just s l o w !

@Rflong7 - oh, that is such an awesome winter wonderland world. I love all the families - their names, their idiosyncrasies, their stories! I plan on moving a sim into house number one!
  • Options
    @Rflong7 It's darling! Everything from the train, to the mountains, to the waterfront, to the gingerbread style buildings (and other styles I like, too), to the fun and interesting looking sims. You never disappoint. <3
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Rflong7: Awesome new world. I love all the families and names.

@ciane: Neat house with all the cute little places.

@GraceyManor: Thanks. I'm about to go download both the UFO Welcome Center and the Davilla Family.

@LMC6255: Awesome storybook house and Ginger is so pretty. Oh, I hope she mets her prince.

@Hidehi: Hello

@Kesminlix: Hello

@suzses: Hello

@60smusicluvr: Hello

@Jessabeans: Hello

@Mmdrgntobldrgn: Hello

@ADWilson: Hello
    :) Smile!

• Options
    edited December 2019
    @suzses Thank you!! The house is gorgeous, I love the color combinations you chose for both the exterior and interior!! I love gazebos, I am so glad you made one for me!! The décor is amazing!! You are a fantastic decorator and I love the furniture you chose!! All I can say is WoW!!

@ciane No one create modern builds like you do! That house is incredible! I am very impressed with your use of color and how you were able to create your own vision of such a complex architecture!! Simply awesome!!

@Jessabeans All I can say is Wow!!! The exterior is really grabs one's attention and the interior all I can say is spectacular!! I love the stairs, and how you decorated it!! Truly, some of your best work!!

@GraceyManor I love the way you build! I did peek at your studio and all I can say is your builds and Sims are simply awesome! You create with so much style! You are very talented! I love the lot and sims you created for Puddinroy they are beautiful!
  • Options
    TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    Suzses...... Rec'd. Thanks for sharing most lovely pics of Rowan Tree Grove. It's simply beautiful. Love the colors & feel of the home. I look forward to moving in just the right family to enjoy it.
  • Options
    I'm trying to make sure and checkout everyone's gifts. I wish the Awesome button would change colors so I knew I already awesomed. :lol:

@Jessabeans Wow! Beautiful staircase and grand home. :heart:

@GraceyManor So creative! I would buy a coffee there any day. :lol:

@suzses What a lovely house and layout. I like the color combinations and your use of space. :cookie:

@GraceyManor ~ Adorable family on a trip down Rt 66 to see the Alien stuff with their dog. Such a cute and fun gift. :cookie:

@LMC6255 So lovely! A romantic Sim in a beautifully romantic house. Waiting for her Story- Delightful. :heart:

Thanks so much for all the Wonderful comments. It was actually very fun looking for the village ornaments to build. I could show them but I didn't bookmark them all. :(

• Options
    Gracy Manor...rec'd the center along with the family. Really unique idea of UFO Welcome Center. Thanks for providing the info regarding the real place as I had never heard of it before.

Also, looking forward to seeing the Davilla family at play. Good descriptions of each ....can't wait to see whast's in each if their inventories. :)
  • Options
    @Rflong7 Spectacular! You never fail to amaze me with your creativity!! The Christmas Village is gorgeous!! I love the details you used!!
  • Options
    @MiaSkywalker I'm Soo glad you like it and that it brings back some wonderful memories. That always brings me such happy Feels to hear it. :mrgreen:

Also, Custard would show if there was any CC in the world file. It can't read the packaged world but if there is anything attached, like the dreaded doll or boots, it would show like any other Sims3pack. :)
    I only have the mods I needed for CAW/EIG and keep my files clean (as in I haven't installed CC in years).
  • Options
    LMC6254...Rec'd.

Lourdes. I absolutely fell in awe of the exterior & style of Ginger's Fantasy Abode. The house is so warm & inviting. I know that Ginger is very happy to have lived there with her family & that she is still able to enjoy living there. Imagine to be able to live & work in such a loving place as that...awesome! :)

So very glad that the links are now working correctly for everyone.
  • Options
    Rflong7....Rec'd. All I can say is WOW regarding your Christmas Village. You know that I absolutely love & rec all your worlds. Needless-to-say this is no exception. I simply cannot wait to download & play this truly creatively inspired Christmas world. Love the names of the new families along with that train too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top