Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Guys. The Sims 4 has memories.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Toddlers and children can be aunts or uncles if their sister or brother is married and have children of their own. I'm not sure how to feel about this.

My Uncle was only 6 when I was born, can't be that strange...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    I'm not sure how long it has been in the game or if it's new but when you click on the phone, category "work" there's an option for "odd jobs". Your sim can earn some extra money, for example as a wingman :D
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    . . .

Specking of outfit, I read somewhere players discussing some outfit have unique moodlets. I only discovered the Thorne's party outfit had moodlet. I hope someone can back me up with this outfit-moodlet thing.

@OphiuchuserRules there is an outfit for males and females that makes them flirty. There are also hats that gives various moods based on the hat. I discovered when I made a comedy club and their outfits were clown outfits, I put the hat on them from Jungle adventures and they did not like that hat. Also the owl, pig, etc hats gives different moods.

The tragic clown outfit makes your sim a tragic clown.

There are probably others, but those are the ones I discovered.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    I didn't know Sims could place things on top of a half wall.

...And I just realised that the tutorial house has a few things sitting on a half wall in the kitchen. ^^;

@AyKooChao those dang on toddlers will show you everywhere you can place things. Just don't feed them in a high chair. They will place dishes and toys in the weirdest places.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    Toddlers and children can be aunts or uncles if their sister or brother is married and have children of their own. I'm not sure how to feel about this.

@Steamvarius don't feel some kinda way about it. When I was a child in elementary school my (who was my age) friend was an aunt and her niece was an adult. It happens in real life too.
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    @Steamvarius It can happen in real life. My mom was born an aunt!

And on the flip side, I didn't become an uncle until I was almost 40!

I was 34 when I became an aunt for the first time to my beautiful nephew. :). As of a week ago I now have a beautiful newborn niece as well.

Meanwhile I am a grand-aunt and I don't have any children. My younger siblings and their children were happy at work. 🙃
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

Ummm this is exactly how it is in real life?
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I was an aunt for the first time when I was five. My sisters are both about 14 years older than me.
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Did you know that the protein shakes your sims make when they get higher up in the athletic skill will boost their hunger need?
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

I had a friend who was a “change baby” and she was several years younger than her nieces & nephews.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    . . .

Specking of outfit, I read somewhere players discussing some outfit have unique moodlets. I only discovered the Thorne's party outfit had moodlet. I hope someone can back me up with this outfit-moodlet thing.

@OphiuchuserRules there is an outfit for males and females that makes them flirty. There are also hats that gives various moods based on the hat. I discovered when I made a comedy club and their outfits were clown outfits, I put the hat on them from Jungle adventures and they did not like that hat. Also the owl, pig, etc hats gives different moods.

The tragic clown outfit makes your sim a tragic clown.

There are probably others, but those are the ones I discovered.

There’s a sombrero that gives you an embarrassed moodlet too.

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    (I think this is a Parenthood thing) A family member can call you to chat. When the call is finished, you'll get a notification that says "[Sim that called] shared some juicy gossip about [another family member]" and a playful moodlet that says "The gossip in this family is hilarious"
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »
    (I think this is a Parenthood thing) A family member can call you to chat. When the call is finished, you'll get a notification that says "[Sim that called] shared some juicy gossip about [another family member]" and a playful moodlet that says "The gossip in this family is hilarious"

The funniest part about that is when the family member that called to spread that gossip is talking about a baby sim. I mean, what was that baby doing that was so scandalous? Lol, now if they were talking about developmental milestones or something cute that's one thing but when someone says "juicy gossip" Im grabbing a drink and settling in for a good hen fest, lol.
  • Options
    FireftrLtFireftrLt Posts: 54 Member

I had a friend who was a “change baby” and she was several years younger than her nieces & nephews.

What is a "change baby?"
  • Options
    July7601GirlJuly7601Girl Posts: 33 Member
    > @citysimmer said:
    > (I think this is a Parenthood thing) A family member can call you to chat. When the call is finished, you'll get a notification that says "[Sim that called] shared some juicy gossip about [another family member]" and a playful moodlet that says "The gossip in this family is hilarious"

I've never seen this but I love that lol, I love how Parenthood made family relationships much more in depth with little details like this
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Mermaids who woohoo in a hot tub will experience a decrease in hydration. Not what I expected...
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    FireftrLt wrote: »

What is a "change baby?"

Pretty sure it is someone born when their mother is near menopause, or "The Change of Life," as it is sometimes called, here in the US, at least.
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    FireftrLt wrote: »

What is a "change baby?"

Pretty sure it is someone born when their mother is near menopause, or "The Change of Life," as it is sometimes called, here in the US, at least.

My mother in law is one of those and she tells any/everyone every chance she gets *rolls eyes* lol
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    I've just learned that you can save the size of your sims' feet!
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    If you have a sim who is eaten by the mother plant and brought back as a ghost, they will have a trait as a ghost called "Consumed by mother" and all of their needs will stay full until they either eat ambrosia or resurrected by the wishing well or a spell caster.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    I'm not sure if I skipped over a comment with this one, but:

I just learned a few nights ago that dogs will bring you their empty food bowl if they get hungry enough!! They carry it with their mouth!! 🥺🥺🥺
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Guys. The Sims 4 has memories.

But... what they call memories, I call cursed affliction of non-ease!
  • Options
    ForEmaleighForEmaleigh Posts: 33 Member
    isleroux wrote: »
    So if your sim dies in the ocean the grim reaper appears wearing a snorkel mask to collect your soul! Almost spat out my coffee! 🤣

He also floats the urn in a life preserver.....ironic lol
  • Options
    ForEmaleighForEmaleigh Posts: 33 Member
    There is a gender preference setting in this game, it's designed to be 0~100 points for male and female preference. The gender preference points will rise based on the gender a sim choose to romantically interact with. As far as I know, the pre-made non-married NPC sims and the sims you create all begin with 0 point in both part. The married ones will have the 100 preference based on their partner's gender. The NPC created for some job, such as gym trainer, mixologist...etc, all have random preference, usually 100 for both, which means they are bi. And this preference setting isn't just for adult! Children and teens created by the game will start with different preference as well. I once saw a player here shared a boy with 100 preference for male. Let's just say he figured that out pretty early, right?

This preference setting is somehow meaningless when it comes to a player-to-NPC situation, since you can alter it. Just romantically interact with him or her! His or her preference will change based on your sim's gender. But it has huge impact on NPC! When I saw a two same-sex NPC "do stuff" with each other, they both had 100 points in the preference of their gender. One time I saw a new-made male NPC with 100 male preference, then MCCC recruited him to a men club that I made to interact with another women club, but he never did anything to that female club members when clubbing. Once I changed his preference to 100 in female, he "ended up" with a random girl who wasn't even in that women club that I made! LOL!

Anyway, my point is, there are straight, gay and bi sims! Go find out what those NPC prefer by watching whom they choose to do romantic stuffs with!

My teen girl sim was peeing standing up and had a boy haircut when she aged up. Ive wondered if she were trans. hmmm.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top