Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• GeddonTowerGeddonTower Posts: 29 Member
    > @ForEmaleigh said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > My teen girl sim was peeing standing up and had a boy haircut when she aged up. Ive wondered if she were trans. hmmm.

Hahaha isn't that awesome? I mean, you never now how your teens are gonna be :smile:
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    so, i know the new 'assign sides of bed' thing came in today's patch, however, i didn't expect ownership to be visible in build mode:
    3ad05a18d9fcef595e130033c1a23408.jpg
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    so, i know the new 'assign sides of bed' thing came in today's patch, however, i didn't expect ownership to be visible in build mode:
    3ad05a18d9fcef595e130033c1a23408.jpg

That's so cool that it keeps track of the side too! Sounds like a great new feature I wonder if it's gonna stay DU exclusive?
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @bearpal64 nope, it came in the patch today, so is available for everybody. as is the ability to lock computers to household only, a specific sim only, or even nobody able to use them (that last bit could be handy when hosting parties, to keep even your own sims mingling instead of gaming)
    kalaksed wrote: »
    @bearpal64 nope, it came in the patch today, so is available for everybody. as is the ability to lock computers to household only, a specific sim only, or even nobody able to use them (that last bit could be handy when hosting parties, to keep even your own sims mingling instead of gaming)

That's awesome! Can't wait for console to get it ^^
  • LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    Guys. The Sims 4 has memories.

What? Where?
    RoM's Emotional Stability potion can remove jungle curses. Makes sense, considering they're basically just negative moodlets that may kill you if you don't get rid of them in time, and this potion is one way to go about it.

I'm sure it's been fixed in a patch but .... I accidentally used the Emotional Stability Potion from RoM to remove the uncomfortable moodlet from my Sim who was pregnant.... And um. Well you can probably guess what happened. 🥺😕😦
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

What? Where?

@LindsaySeddon1

EnglishSimmer explains in her 10 things you didn't know about TS4 video.
    I didn't know that the lighting that the harvest gnomes cast when displeased actually comes from the sky :P
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I feel like people probably already know this but I had it for the first time last night. My current family's eldest son just aged up to child and his uncle, Francis, sent a present in the post!
    Sl7ufLx.jpg

I didn't know they did this! The pressie arrived the next day and it was an actual toy - something useful and age-appropriate! a020.gif
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    I feel like people probably already know this but I had it for the first time last night. My current family's eldest son just aged up to child and his uncle, Francis, sent a present in the post!
    Sl7ufLx.jpg

I didn't know they did this! The pressie arrived the next day and it was an actual toy - something useful and age-appropriate! a020.gif

On that matter, adults often get seed packets as B-day gift in my save.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    RoM's Emotional Stability potion can remove jungle curses. Makes sense, considering they're basically just negative moodlets that may kill you if you don't get rid of them in time, and this potion is one way to go about it.

I'm sure it's been fixed in a patch but .... I accidentally used the Emotional Stability Potion from RoM to remove the uncomfortable moodlet from my Sim who was pregnant.... And um. Well you can probably guess what happened. 🥺😕😦

I know, but I actually love it! Finally a way to deal with those pesky unwanted alien pregnancies that have been happening to my sims a lot lately. Not even vampires are safe. If that hasn't been "fixed" yet, I hope it never will be.
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    In Discover University I found out today that your pregnant sim can't live in a dorm because there's no space for more sims (it said something like this).
  • jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    My teen sim had a mood swing and got very sad, when I clicked the bed I found out there is an option to "Dramatically cry about life". Made me chuckle.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited November 2019
    deleted because someone else already answered it
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    FireftrLt wrote: »
    Toddlers and children can be aunts or uncles if their sister or brother is married and have children of their own. I'm not sure how to feel about this.

I had a friend who was a “change baby” and she was several years younger than her nieces & nephews.

What is a "change baby?"

Not sure if you had an answer as I haven't scrolled all the way down, but it's a baby born to a woman who was in the process of "the change" aka the menopause.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I didn't know that the lighting that the harvest gnomes cast when displeased actually comes from the sky :P

Another good reason to kill gnomes on sight.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    Did you know that in DU the sims can take classes like in TS3.
    Did you know that they won't use the dishwasher in dorms.
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Did you know that Servos can fart and burp? Another fun fact is that once a servo is enhanced in a higher level and download data they can enhance and fix themselves without the help of a human or other occult sim and if bots are broken down and are not repaired due to their durability, they turn into a pile of scrap and can be recycled for parts for later use at the robotics station.

A cool thing about the drone is that they give sims a playful buff and when a servo talks to the bots about the important thing they will make other sims quite tense.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    If you want to woo the Grim Reaper, it's A LOT easier as a ghost. (As far as I've seen, he only accepts romantic interactions from the dead.)
  • DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    Sims can't fart while swimming :( I was kind-of disappointed and had absolutely hoped for bubbles. 😂
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    When you have a birthday party during Winterfest, the present pile turns into a birthday present pile and only your birthday sims can open presents from it. Also, a birthday present does not count for the "open presents" objective with Winterfest. So basically, hosting a birthday party during Winterfest ruins Winterfest. 🙃
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
    I just realized that on the Simology Panel > Family Trees window that Married Sims have a pink line. I'm not 💯 sure about it though.
  • Harbringerof_BoredomHarbringerof_Boredom Posts: 12 New Member
    [quote="nerdfashion;c-17303415"]Guys. The Sims 4 has memories.[/quote]

Yep. And they’re different emotions based on what the sim was feeling at the time (I don’t think that uncomfortable memories are a thing, I took a screenshot of one of my sims when she was about to pee herself and pass out from exhaustion, and it was a sad memory). Also, more than one sim can have that memory, as long as they were in the screenshot.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited November 2019

What? Where?

If you take a screenshot, you can go view them in game, and make them memories. When you do, an option to remember that moment will come up, and it will give your sim a moodlet based on how they felt when the screenshot was taken.
    Post edited by nerdfashion on
    funny-gifs20.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top