Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    In Realm of Magic one of the curses makes a NPC Sim appear that is called a Night Terror. You can't interact with it and it looks pretty creepy. Cool but creepy lol.
  • Options
    OphiuchuserRulesOphiuchuserRules Posts: 93 Member
    edited October 2019
    This was from the UPDATE: 9/5/2019 - PC 1.55.105.1020 / Mac 1.55.105.1220

Configurable Stairs

There’s magic in the air, and the candle summoning circles you’ve been sending us via Twitter in an effort to will new types of stairs into existence has worked! Configurable stairs have been added to the game, giving you the ability to create stairs that are L-shaped, U-shaped, and more! Excited to try them out? Simply place any set of stairs down in build mode, and you’ll notice a new widget that appears… it’s a box with two arrows attached to it. Grab onto that with your cursor and drag, and suddenly your stairs will be bent 90º! Keep dragging, and the stairs will bend 180º. Once you’ve bent your stairs, you’ll see another two widgets appear. A diagonal arrow above the newly-added landing will let you adjust the height of the landing within the staircase. A curved arrow at the base of the stairs will allow you to continue to rotate the direction of the stairs beneath the landing. For times when a single landing just isn’t enough, you can keep adding additional bends to your stairs--as long as they’re tall enough to have room for another one. I think that just about covers the basics; so get in there and try it out, experiment, and create some amazing new builds!

I want to share this here in case some players still didn't know about this great feature about stairs. With configurable Stairs, we can now save more space to build, allowing us to make more creative design! For those who still don't understand, just click the stair in build mode, and you'll find the new "action" which allow you to "form" the stair. Just do it and you'll figure it out with ease. Happy gaming! Everyone!
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    In Realm of Magic one of the curses makes a NPC Sim appear that is called a Night Terror. You can't interact with it and it looks pretty creepy. Cool but creepy lol.

Oooo! I hope I get this at some point!
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    This is more hilarious then useful. I found out yesterday. Sims can tend to fart in the tub on occasion. Especially in the mud bath. >.< All you hear is the bubbles but it is still funny.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sims can autonomously overthrow the club leader.
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Toddlers and children can be aunts or uncles if their sister or brother is married and have children of their own. I'm not sure how to feel about this.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @Steamvarius It can happen in real life. My mom was born an aunt!
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Toddlers and children can be aunts or uncles if their sister or brother is married and have children of their own. I'm not sure how to feel about this.

Yep.. I knew a few kids in elem. School about grade 2 or 3 who were aunt's and uncles. 1 had a niece who was older than he was. It's not that uncommon in real life.
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    When your Sim toddler has the independent trait, and the toddler needs a bath, the toddler will throw a tantrum
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    It's quite common in RL. I was six years old when my favorite nephew was born. :smile:
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »

And on the flip side, I didn't become an uncle until I was almost 40!
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited October 2019

I have an uncle that I am almost ten years older than in real life.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited October 2019
    I didn't know the weird looking sim models in the background of San Myshuno changed clothing depending on the weather. It's a nice touch.

TUhg5fd.png?1
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Simtown15 wrote: »

And on the flip side, I didn't become an uncle until I was almost 40!

I was 34 when I became an aunt for the first time to my beautiful nephew. :). As of a week ago I now have a beautiful newborn niece as well.
  • Options
    hunnybunny382hunnybunny382 Posts: 19 Member
    [quote="Bearpal64;c-17288252"]In [b]Realm of Magic[/b] one of the curses makes a NPC Sim appear that is called a Night Terror. You can't interact with it and it looks pretty creepy. Cool but creepy lol.[/quote]

[quote="Bearpal64;c-17288252"]In [b]Realm of Magic[/b] one of the curses makes a NPC Sim appear that is called a Night Terror. You can't interact with it and it looks pretty creepy. Cool but creepy lol.[/quote]

I didn’t know that now I’m going to have to look for that
  • Options
    bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    Does anyone know how to ensure that unplayed households progress professionally? Is there a trick to make sure that your unplayed sims still get promoted and make income while playing other households? #helpwanted
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    Spellcasters - click on a photograph and select spells and repair, it will upgrade the quality and value.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    Does anyone know how to ensure that unplayed households progress professionally? Is there a trick to make sure that your unplayed sims still get promoted and make income while playing other households? #helpwanted

It doesn't work like that, not sure even a mod does that.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    akaniki0 wrote: »
    Spellcasters - click on a photograph and select spells and repair, it will upgrade the quality and value.

Works for paintings, too!
  • Options
    FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    akaniki0 wrote: »

Works for paintings, too!

Yes! But I would recommend to move the furniture out of the way before using the spell - just in case it does not work and the painting/photo starts burning. This happened in my game and I had to exit without saving. My sims could not extinguish the fire, because a chess board was blocking the way. :neutral:
  • Options
    bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    musteni wrote: »

Ok. That leads me to another question however. What about Sims that go out into the world and go to the gym, etc.? What controls whether an unplayed Sim will go to the gym and lose/gain weight? I had a Sim that I created skinny and while playing two other households, he somehow got chubby over time.

If I don't want to play with that particular Sim for a while but still want to influence what happens to that Sim, what do you suggest? For example, I see my chubby Sim in the gym. Can I befriend that Sim with the Sim that I am currently playing and workout with it to get the weight down or is there a better way?
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member

Ok. That leads me to another question however. What about Sims that go out into the world and go to the gym, etc.? What controls whether an unplayed Sim will go to the gym and lose/gain weight? I had a Sim that I created skinny and while playing two other households, he somehow got chubby over time.

If I don't want to play with that particular Sim for a while but still want to influence what happens to that Sim, what do you suggest? For example, I see my chubby Sim in the gym. Can I befriend that Sim with the Sim that I am currently playing and workout with it to get the weight down or is there a better way?

When you visit a lot, the game would spawn sims to populate said lot--So if you go to a club often, the sims that spawn there will eventually gain dance skill (GT) and mixology (if spawned as a bartender). For gyms, it works the same way--If you visit a gym often enough, the majority of the sims habitually would gain muscle mass and lose weight because that's the active lot. Sims that have at least a 1 in fitness or Active would spawn at the gym automatically, though it depends on your current sim population and how long you're spending at the gym. If you decide to camp there, the game would rotate the sims that spawn there so they'll eventually show up LOL.
    As for sims getting chubby often, that seemed to happen once CL was released. A lot of the sims I noticed that spawned around San Myshuno tend to gain weight quicker than most, even when I'm not there. 🤔

In your example, yes, that will work, but it would take a while. Great for immersion, though. One of my teens had done it alongside his friend and they lost weight together.
  • Options
    FireftrLtFireftrLt Posts: 54 Member

An option is to use MC Commander and flag the Sim with the "Freeze Physique" setting.
  • Options
    kittykat97kittykat97 Posts: 61 Member

I second FireftrLt's comment, get MC Command Center. I'm not sure if it can make your unplayed households progress in their careers, but you can configure it to allow unplayed households to get married at will, and have kids, and all kinds of other stuff that basically lets them live the dynamic lives you wish EA's "story progression" did, but with a lot more options.
    Kat | 25 | they/them | KatJustice97 on the gallery (check CC enabled) | I have 3700+ hours logged in the Sims 4, well over half of it in CAS
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    That's wierd, I tried to do it on paintings and that wasn't an option.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top