Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Discover University Expansion Pack - Orientation video

Comments

• Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    no bunk beds?
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    ... and... pre-ordered...
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    lol That announcement at top about orientation got my attention. Funny, lol. I was like, what? lol Like a trip to the principal's office, notice. lol

They (the Guru's) posted about it on twitter so I knew it was coming this morning.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    PlumbobMafiaQueenPlumbobMafiaQueen Posts: 147 Member
    Okay, so disscusion time simmers!! I'm sure you've all just watched Discover University and have opinions :D I personally am excited to play around with this pack, I do feel like young adults in the sims 4 just get a job, find love, start a family but now they can get an education woop woop B) Oh and which University did you like the most?
  • Options
    youilivefor92youilivefor92 Posts: 62 Member
    I'm excited for it, though I'm a die-hard university fan. Sims 2 uni was what got me into the sims to begin with so it'll always be a favorite of mine no matter what. I like that there's two different universities with different focuses, makes it a bit more realistic and makes it seem as though the choices our sims make as far as which one to study at will actually effect their lives later.

(also idk if those two main girls in the trailer will be pre-mades, but i ship them :wink: )
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Hmm, University was my second fave EP in TS3 and it's what I've been wanting in TS4 for years. But the trailer was a little bit underwhelming. Of course, it's amazing to see bikes, shower woohoo, robots and two universities. But I want to learn more about if we have active lectures, what the majors are and if there are major specific options. The things that really made TS3 awesome and the uni experience different from the everyday grind.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    noblead wrote: »
    Glad to see Servo is back!

Yep, I like robots, my kin. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    @izecson november 15, click the link at the top, @EA_Mai put the release dates for Pc and console there
  • Options
    JadesimmerJadesimmer Posts: 76 Member
    tennis table and juice pong shown. The leak is right, the only two activities mentioned early :s
    4kTG3iX.png
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Love the look of the Universities. I like the idea of one being modern and the other being older. They feel a bit more general, rather than a specific US style. Very nice!
    Looking forward to this. It's got everything I'm after B)
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Looks decent until now. Need to have more infos to make my opinion. I noticed woohoo shower and toilet cabins.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    lol That announcement at top about orientation got my attention. Funny, lol. I was like, what? lol Like a trip to the principal's office, notice. lol

They (the Guru's) posted about it on twitter so I knew it was coming this morning.

Bet you are excited, I would like to see a bunch of screen shots and videos of the worlds (?) college life in these games are one of my favorite packs I hope there is someting in there I would enjoy playing and buy this pack. I have missed so many of them and haven't been interested in a lot of them, but this one seems pretty good by the trailer so far. Engineering is interesting to me.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Trailer looks decent.
  • Options
    PlumbobMafiaQueenPlumbobMafiaQueen Posts: 147 Member
    Britechester vs Foxbury B)
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited October 2019
    Ops, missed your topic @AquaGamer1212 - let me merge them so the discussion takes place in one single space :)

Also, moving this to Expansion Packs board as I didn't open it there for... reasons ;)
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    So no bunk beds, they would have probably put them in the trailer if there were any. :( I am really sad about that.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Shower Woohoo
    Piercings
    Keg
    Sims get on and off bikes instead of teleport like with boats
    Pranks
    Pong Table
    New Kiss that comes with Shower Woohoo

Yes I'm pretty excited.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    is this 39.99 on cd keys is 40
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited October 2019
    Simanite wrote: »
    Hmm, University was my second fave EP in TS3 and it's what I've been wanting in TS4 for years. But the trailer was a little bit underwhelming. Of course, it's amazing to see bikes, shower woohoo, robots and two universities. But I want to learn more about if we have active lectures, what the majors are and if there are major specific options. The things that really made TS3 awesome and the uni experience different from the everyday grind.

I think the blog post answers most some of your questions :) At least this part:

When it comes right down to it, college is all about the classes and your Sims have a huge selection of them to choose from. Biology? Sure thing. Computer Science? You bet. Villainy? Weirdly enough, yeah! There are lectures to attend, term papers to work on, and presentations to give. And, of course, attending classes (or blowing them off) will affect their final grades. Remember, the more they learn, the better they’ll be in their future careers, so no slacking if your Sims want to succeed.

I think the majors are biology, computer science, art history, and villainy? Not sure, but there appear to be active classes, and special clubs (robotics, debate, art).
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    @catloverplayer it looks like shower woohoo is back !!

I like the new clothes, table tennis/beer pong, bikes, desks with shelving (finally), hairs that I can see so far.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Awesome trailer, I like how they befriended students from the rival school in the end. I had a feeling we'd be getting robots too, glad to see them back
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Seems like the bunk bed dream is dead. Gonna be some tight dorm rooms!
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    I saw Erwin There!!!

And Cassandra Goth, I'm sure :D

Facial piercings!

Didn't spot bunkbeds or murphy beds...
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    No bunk beds, they would have shown them in the trailer if there were any :(