Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Discover University Expansion Pack - Orientation video

Comments

• elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Looks like this guy here *might* be carrying a sketchbook? The one walking past the art class?
    9G11Z2Q.png

But looks like the art class is active, so I'm assuming they all are!

And just again, because I'm so happy they're bringing this back xD
    gyQTeiy.png

Art is actually a club.
    Plus, your Sim can join school organizations like robotics, debate, art, or even a mysterious secret society

I'm assuming all clubs will be active while classes will be rabbit holes.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    So no bunk beds, they would have probably put them in the trailer if there were any. :( I am really sad about that.
    I see bunk beds and think kids - I don't know many adults that want to sleep on bunkbed. It such a punishment as i never see comfortable or even long enough bunk beds for any one but kids. It does not mean they won't be in the game but I would not be interested. My students need a comfy bed so they don't need as much sleep in University. To get a long enough bunk would take as much room as a twin bed which are comfortable. My money goes on the twin beds.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Bunkbeds can in no way be excluded. That is one thing.
    I do really appreciate bikes having animations and actually done pretty well. How is no one talking about this?!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Looks like this guy here *might* be carrying a sketchbook? The one walking past the art class?
    9G11Z2Q.png

But looks like the art class is active, so I'm assuming they all are!

And just again, because I'm so happy they're bringing this back xD
    gyQTeiy.png

Art is actually a club.
    Plus, your Sim can join school organizations like robotics, debate, art, or even a mysterious secret society

I'm assuming all clubs will be active while classes will be rabbit holes.

I would be surprised if art (as part of art history or whatever) wasn't an active class tbh. Not just because it was in TS3, but because they already have all the animations they need for it, so it's right up their alley :sweat_smile: (sorry team ;))
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited October 2019
    okay, im mostly excited for the mini fridge. oh my god uwu

original-1.jpg

y'all got bread?
  • ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    So pumped for facial piercings!!
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Was the mini fridge visible anywhere in the trailer?
    edited October 2019
    hyrulerose wrote: »

Not sure but you can see it in this picture (at least I think that's what's under the microwave to the left :D)
    vJuFRBG.png
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    There doesn't seem to be a teacher career though :( I really wanted an active teacher career.
    edited October 2019
    Dianesims wrote: »
    There doesn't seem to be a teacher career though :( I really wanted an active teacher career.

Might not be active :/ I'd also prefer it if it were active though, and we definitely only got a very small glimpse into the whole thing so far, but yeah ... won't get my hopes up for that one til we hear more about it. :(
  • FaeChaiFaeChai Posts: 87 Member
    Servo is love...Servo is robot.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yes a root beer Keg! Keg parties, beer pong! 🙌🏾
    Soccer! 🙌🏾
    Sketching, (looks like painting cause it's on an Easel) I hope we can Sketch from Reference!!! 🙌🏾
    I love the Gothic architectural Design of Britechester, I can't wait to modify it!

My Spellcaster is a History-Computer Science Major, like myself... to bad he's not alive yet I have several generations to go through before My simself is born.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    I'm excited for it, though I'm a die-hard university fan. Sims 2 uni was what got me into the sims to begin with so it'll always be a favorite of mine no matter what. I like that there's two different universities with different focuses, makes it a bit more realistic and makes it seem as though the choices our sims make as far as which one to study at will actually effect their lives later.

(also idk if those two main girls in the trailer will be pre-mades, but i ship them :wink: )

I hope they are. If they're not I'm sure Maxis will Upload them to the Gallery.
    @catloverplayer it looks like shower woohoo is back !!

I like the new clothes, table tennis/beer pong, bikes, desks with shelving (finally), hairs that I can see so far.

Yes and hoping it will satisfy multiple needs at once like it did in TS3. I hope the shower woohoo animation is better and longer in TS4 then it's TS3 counterpart.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    So no bunk beds, they would have probably put them in the trailer if there were any. :( I am really sad about that.
    I see bunk beds and think kids - I don't know many adults that want to sleep on bunkbed. It such a punishment as i never see comfortable or even long enough bunk beds for any one but kids. It does not mean they won't be in the game but I would not be interested. My students need a comfy bed so they don't need as much sleep in University. To get a long enough bunk would take as much room as a twin bed which are comfortable. My money goes on the twin beds.

I would have guessed the game is not made specifically for you, as lots of other people would be very interested in bunk beds, including myself.

Apart from that I agree: bunk beds are rather for kids (and I would mainly use them in family gameplay) and they would have been perfect in Parenthood or Kids Stuff Pack or toddler stuff, but as they didn't come with these packs, people figured they might come with University. So it's kind of sad they didn't. So when will they finally come?
    No bunk beds, they would have shown them in the trailer if there were any :(

True doesn't look like it :(

We don't know for sure. The trailer didn't show everything. I'm still hoping the vibrating heart bed,lip sofas and photobooth made it.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Here are a few things that I found interesting in the trailer. This does not include new clothes, new hair or new decor as those are a given.

Time Description
    0:00 2 new colleges
    0:00 portable(?) easel
    0:01 new tattoos
    0:03 exo suite
    0:03 bikes/helmets
    0:14 debating
    0:22 drones
    0:23 mechanical arm(?)
    0:23 simbot
    0:30 eyebrow piercing
    0:37 toilet stalls
    0:39 new tattoos
    0:46 ping pong
    0:51 floating robot butler(?)
    0:53 new laptops
    0:55 keg party
    0:57 mini-fridge
    0:57 make presentations
    0:58 shower woohoo
    1:01 speech platform(?)
    1:06 throwing toilet paper
    1:10 graduation
    1:13 juice pong

These are a few things that caught my eye during the trailer. What things did you find?

I think there will be, they were talking about 3 new careers. But I doubt it will be active.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    hyrulerose wrote: »

in the dorm room with the two girls talking on the left with a red microwave on top of it. The bike is parked on the right of it.
    https://i.imgur.com/vJuFRBG.png

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Some screenshots from Origin.

K1M2ojf.png
    i5lWA9u.png
    VIhetUt.png
    vJuFRBG.png

I see a mini fridge under the microwave.
    edited October 2019

We don't know for sure. The trailer didn't show everything. I'm still hoping the vibrating heart bed,lip sofas and photobooth made it.

Really don't need lip sofa and the heart bed, but I would love photoboothes!

And I really hope you're right because of course, we don't know for sure. Perhaps there will be a second trailer showing the new careers too (and: bunk beds, even though Writing_Reg is right and they are more suitable for any family/kids related pack, but as I think we won't get any of those as new packs as we got so many already, I really wonder if bunk beds are ever going to be a thing).

True, but I feel they would've shown that off somehow. You're right though, we might end up being surprised :)
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Orientation!!😂😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Shower Woohoo
    Piercings
    Keg
    Sims get on and off bikes instead of teleport like with boats
    Pranks
    Pong Table
    New Kiss that comes with Shower Woohoo

Yes I'm pretty excited.