Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wrong Sages

Literally everyone I've meet is utterly bewildered why these two

unknown.png

Are not these two from Gameplay trailer seems a painfully obvious error.

The-Sims-4%E2%84%A2-Realm-of-Magic-Official-Gameplay-122.jpg

EA made the trailer so er... Why don't we have the sages from the trailer except Morgyn?
Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players

Comments

• Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Yes! the other sages look way more wonderful here than what we got in game 😭 cas.fulleditmode is here to rescue!
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    Drago97232Drago97232 Posts: 59 Member
    I modified the sages in CAS and now they look like their trailer version.
    I shared them on the gallery. Origin ID : ElecArchie
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I changed mine to look more like the trailer as well. Except I made L. Faba green with silver hair.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Much prefer the one on the left to Wimpy Wimbleweather they gave you.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2019
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Literally everyone I've meet is utterly bewildered why these two

unknown.png

Are not these two from Gameplay trailer seems a painfully obvious error.

The-Sims-4%E2%84%A2-Realm-of-Magic-Official-Gameplay-122.jpg

EA made the trailer so er... Why don't we have the sages from the trailer except Morgyn?

Word on the street is EA pays another company to make their trailers which is why the Sims in the game do not match the Sims in the trailer.

No clue on if that’s true or not but that’s currently the theory cause this is totally crazy. There is definitely miscommunication in the pipeline.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I don't understand how this was possible. Do the people who make the trailer not look at the actual game? Do the people who develop the game not see the trailers before they are launched. Even if these are different teams, there has to be some communication between them.

I would have preferred the sages from the gameplay trailer over the ones in game, especially the mischief sage looks better in the trailer.

But what I really wanted was the green haired girl with the dress from the first trailer to show up as a sage. She nailed the look of a powerful sage better than all the others.
    Yv4VLFm.jpg

I was disappointed when we saw the gameplay trailer and she wasn’t shown as a sage but I thought “oh well, the silver haired girl is still pretty cool”. But then we got the pack and it turned out that even the silver haired girl wasn’t a sage and neither was the awesome not-Morgan guy.
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    @MaggieMarley What non Morgan guy? The black badbutt looking druid?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    Yes him. I didn’t know how else to describe him except as not-Morgan.
  • Options

Call him the black druid lol what I think of seeing him
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Call him the black druid lol what I think of seeing him
    It was my understanding that it is potentially offensive to identify people primarily by their skin colour. My friends who are black say that they hate it when a black person is picked out as “the black guy” or “the black girl” (at least if the speaker is not black themselves) - they find it to be racist. I’m not having a go at you but that’s why I don’t do it.
  • Options
    It was my understanding that it is potentially offensive to identify people primarily by their skin colour. My friends who are black say that they hate it when a black person is picked out as “the black guy” or “the black girl” (at least if the speaker is not black themselves) - they find it to be racist. I’m not having a go at you but that’s why I don’t do it.

Sorry just call him a druid then...
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    I honestly wonder how this happened as well.

Also, the other two non-Morgyn sages keep getting switched out in my game. Morgyn stays. Is it because I befriended him the most?
    I don't know what's going on.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    Magdaleena wrote: »

Also, the other two non-Morgyn sages keep getting switched out in my game. Morgyn stays. Is it because I befriended him the most?
    @Magdaleena have your non-Morgan sages acquired jobs? The mischief mage in my game somehow became a chef and got swapped out during her work hours. I used MCCC to get her out of the career and she’s back to being a sage 24/7 again.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I was disappointed that they and Aine are not in the game. I may recreate my version as an ex-Sage household that now roams the realm and our worlds keeping the peace between casters and mortals.

I only know the name of Aine so I might make up the names of the others. Maybe I'll use the gurus as inspiration for names. Any suggestions are welcome.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Agree-those two we got look awful. I changed them in CAS - they don't look just like the ones in the trailer but they sure look better. This pack seems like it was much more rushed or something than the Vampire pack was-just look at the difference in the premade sim's houses exteriors and interiors-there is nothing that even compares to Vlad's house or the Vatores house.

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    My Sages are now shaping up to look Like Maleficent (Mischief), Ganondorf (Untamed), and I'm Still Deciding who I want the Practical Sage to look Like...
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    My Sages are now shaping up to look Like Maleficent (Mischief), Ganondorf (Untamed), and I'm Still Deciding who I want the Practical Sage to look Like...

How about Molly Weasley? :D
  • Options
    Magdaleena wrote: »

@Magdaleena have your non-Morgan sages acquired jobs? The mischief mage in my game somehow became a chef and got swapped out during her work hours. I used MCCC to get her out of the career and she’s back to being a sage 24/7 again.

Oh yeah, I did see L. Faba as a bartender in Glimmerbrook for some reason. So that makes sense... Simeon is probably hired somewhere random too.

Honestly this makes me want to try making my own sages, since the two who replaced them aren't that great looking anyway. I'm gonna edit them.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »

How about Molly Weasley? :D

I was going for the more Villainous Spell casters in other Video games.

I was thinking about going all Disney Villains, or do Ganondorf and His twin Witch Mothers, But I rather do may favorite Magical Villains of all time. I need antagonists for my Spell Casters to fight when I go to the realm of magic.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    logion wrote: »
    Seriously, why can't they just send the savefiles they use in the marketing trailers through e-mail or something and include them in the final releases? Why bother making new builds and complain about it on your own livestream and then create new sims? Your marketing team already created most of those things for you, just use their versions.

YEAH!!!

When we see certain builds and sims in the marketing, we will expect to encounter these in the actual game, right?
    Apparently, the only sim who survived the marketing->game transition was Morgyn. They're just that powerful.

Like, when I first visited the Magic HQ, I remember looking everywhere for the awesome looking rooms from the trailers and screenshots, but instead.. it's just all..grey?? Where are the brown witchy rooms from the marketing? The cool interior I saw?

Honestly. They should at least upload this marketing stuff to the gallery.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    So I turned Morgyn into Ganondorf. He's major hunky, and I never thought a Unibrow could look sexy until now.
    4fe7251f9d89d23371cf12ca2f1a5b92.png

This is why, Replace premades, before I'm Like I don't care, and Now that I've replaced them with Maleficent and Ganondorf roaming around I was literally fanboying over them.

3d15a99219dc5e88e08000f97f3e554a.png

I was thinking about turning The 3rd Sage (Practical) into The Blue fairy from Once upon a time, Since She's powerful but pretty useless Much like the Magic she is about to represent.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    logion wrote: »
    saeqqO0.png
    My own versions

Seriously, why can't they just send the savefiles they use in the marketing trailers through e-mail or something and include them in the final releases? Why bother making new builds and complain about it on your own livestream and then create new sims? Your marketing team already created most of those things for you, just use their versions.

I looooove the guy on right. I gotta get one of him off the gallery!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Yeah pretty strange how the ones in the trailer aren't in the game or atleast on the gallery. They had th vampires for the trailer on the gallery (though there are two mising).
    The premades that came with the pack are a little bland in looks especially Siemon. He looks off for some reason. Idk. Lot of sims I see in trailers always look like interesting premades.
    5vJrxmT.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top