Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wrong Sages

Comments

• DemyanoSlavDemyanoSlav Posts: 581 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Literally everyone I've meet is utterly bewildered why these two

unknown.png

Are not these two from Gameplay trailer seems a painfully obvious error.

The-Sims-4%E2%84%A2-Realm-of-Magic-Official-Gameplay-122.jpg

EA made the trailer so er... Why don't we have the sages from the trailer except Morgyn?

Because EA are lazy. They forgot to add a backdoor to one of the lots for christ's sake.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Is there a way to get these two to look like their advertized selves without having to manually go in and tweak everything? Like a cheat with MCCC or something?
  • KittHavenKittHaven Posts: 87 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Is there a way to get these two to look like their advertized selves without having to manually go in and tweak everything? Like a cheat with MCCC or something?

There isn't a handy cheat to replace them with the trailer versions, however if you use MCCC to edit them in CAS you can go to the gallery, find the trailer version, and replace them from there. That way when you save the change they will be like that in game. That's what I did, but then I did my own changes anyway haha
    Hello! My name is KittHaven, or Kitt, and I have played the Sims 4 for quite a while. Maybe I'll think of something worthwhile to put here one day...

Origin ID: KittHaven
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    You know I’m REALLY surprised no sims have been released by maxis for this pack yet on the gallery. Usually with each release they at least have a couple families, unless I’ve just been ditzy about it.

Ah well- soon I might have to download recreations myself. Hope they are decent! I always hate when I do that because it doesn’t feel, er, ‘canon’? Not quite the right word but yeah.

I’ve editing L. Faba and Simeon in my own game so I like them alright- I would just like the others too!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah wish they were made to match the trailer ones. I think they look better in the trailer. The sad thing is because spellcasters being edited in CAS literally crashes the game, there is no way to make them look like the ones in the trailer either.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    Scobre, are those corgi’s in your profile pic? Corgi’s are the definition of P E R F E C T I O N
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
    Kersiexx wrote: »
    Scobre, are those corgi’s in your profile pic? Corgi’s are the definition of P E R F E C T I O N
    Yeah. I have owned a couple of corgis so far. I currently own a German Shepherd corgi mix that my family and I rescued and thank you. They are short like me, so perfect to take walks with. I made my dog in the Sims 4 too.

Hopefully when the bug gets fixed then the sages can at least be edited. I tried just changing the hair and skin color of one of them and the game crashed.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Kersiexx wrote: »
    Yeah. I have owned a couple of corgis so far. I currently own a German Shepherd corgi mix that my family and I rescued and thank you. They are short like me, so perfect to take walks with. I made my dog in the Sims 4 too.

Hopefully when the bug gets fixed then the sages can at least be edited. I tried just changing the hair and skin color of one of them and the game crashed.

Don't exit while they play with a mote in CAS
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Yeah wish they were made to match the trailer ones. I think they look better in the trailer. The sad thing is because spellcasters being edited in CAS literally crashes the game, there is no way to make them look like the ones in the trailer either.

There is, the crash is only if you try to save when they're in the middle of an animation. It's still a very frustrating bug and you've got to be careful, but if you save when the animation is finished, then it works. I've edited all three (minor changes for Morgyn, extensive ones for the other two).
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They are probably having to remake them and it's taking time with all that idol action going on continuously. :D
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited September 2019
    Anyone know the names of the Practical and Mischief sages from the trailers? Not the atrocities we have in game, I mean seriously, who the heck made this pack? What happened? I have no problem with the gameplay but the bugs and lack of content and just pure sloppiness is unacceptable. I mean, that back door, man. I’d be ashamed to release something like that and have people see it.

@SimGuruNinja, you made Vampires, one of the best packs for TS4, I expect more from you. This is slightly disappointing.

—T
    Post edited by To7m on
    I tried to create the two unknown sages and Aine, but not knowing their personalities or anything else, I decided to wait until I had other, more important things completed first. I did notice that Aine and the male have the same hair style and both Aine and the female have facial stars.

Also, I find it difficult to recreate NPC sims that I see in trailers because I never know how to dress them in the other categories. I mean Aine's everyday is set, but what would a sage like her wear to sleep or to a party or in winter?

If you have added one of the sages from the HQ (Morgyn seems to be very popular) to your household, what other outfits do they have in their "closet" or is it a random selection? Pictures would be most welcome. I'm betting that other outfits weren't planned for and they will dress like those odd random townies.
    @To7m They don't have names it's possible they'd be L. Faba and Simeon Sliversweater
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I don't understand how this was possible. Do the people who make the trailer not look at the actual game? Do the people who develop the game not see the trailers before they are launched. Even if these are different teams, there has to be some communication between them.

I would have preferred the sages from the gameplay trailer over the ones in game, especially the mischief sage looks better in the trailer.

But what I really wanted was the green haired girl with the dress from the first trailer to show up as a sage. She nailed the look of a powerful sage better than all the others.
    Yv4VLFm.jpg

She should have been the sage of the untamed instead of the lame blonde. The trailers were false advertising
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    @To7m They don't have names it's possible they'd be L. Faba and Simeon Sliversweater

Yeah I just kept their names the same.

—T
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'm greedy: I love all four of them and want them ALL! :D
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Anyone know the names of the Practical and Mischief sages from the trailers? Not the atrocities we have in game, I mean seriously, who the heck made this pack? What happened? I have no problem with the gameplay but the bugs and lack of content and just pure sloppiness is unacceptable. I mean, that back door, man. I’d be ashamed to release something like that and have people see it.

@SimGuruNinja, you made Vampires, one of the best packs for TS4, I expect more from you. This is slightly disappointing.

—T

What back door? and what's wrong with it?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie

In one of the premade Glimmerbrook houses is a blatantly obvious error.

A staircase leading directly to a wall and a window there stead of a door.

ryttu3k wrote: »

There is, the crash is only if you try to save when they're in the middle of an animation. It's still a very frustrating bug and you've got to be careful, but if you save when the animation is finished, then it works. I've edited all three (minor changes for Morgyn, extensive ones for the other two).
    Thing is it happens anywhere in CAS and when I save it is from the outfit screen with idle animation. Seems like it is happening for other Simmers too when their Sims aren't showing off in the comments of this Tweet.

I have had issues with mermaid tails not showing up in pools too since installing the pack. I am just not going to mess with it until it gets fixed and I know SimGuruNick is on a much needed vacation now.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

In one of the premade Glimmerbrook houses is a blatantly obvious error.

A staircase leading directly to a wall and a window there stead of a door.

oh ok. I never looked around the houses much. Replaced them all.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited September 2019
    It's baffling. Aside from Morgyn, and the other trailer sim in the yellow dress, all of the pre-mades look hideous to me, like someone just used the randomiser.
    Whereas the trailer sims were all fantastic, I'm not sure why they would make those sims and then also go to the effort, or lack of, to make worse sims for the real game.
    If you watch that trailer that has that Aine chick in it, you'll see that when she is standing in front of the portal and leading Morgyn to the HQ, she has black boots. But in the scene where she and two others are brewing at the cauldron, her shoes are red. Ah...magic.
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    I really, really hope they'll get uploaded to the gallery soon. Are there any Gurus we could ask about this?
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    logion wrote: »
    saeqqO0.png
    My own versions

Seriously, why can't they just send the savefiles they use in the marketing trailers through e-mail or something and include them in the final releases? Why bother making new builds and complain about it on your own livestream and then create new sims? Your marketing team already created most of those things for you, just use their versions.

Those are some really well made Sims. Kudos to you! :)

I agree, Grace, Morgyn and Tomax are in the game. Why not the other sages? I appreciate some people will say it's just a small thing but for me it really knocks the appeal of the game when the Pre Made Sims look like someone hit the randomise button and go "That will do!" The Charm family are also horrendous....but that's for another thread!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top