Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic recycling features from other packs (& base game)

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I wouldn't mind witches and spellcasters expanded on more and think that some of the ideas should be shared with the Gurus so we will get them in a future patch I hope.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited September 2019
    I feel like there is more in Realm of Magic than just the list of spells and potions would suggest.

First of all there is the magic charge issue where sims can get overcharged and die from doing any spell, if he or she has already been using too much magic. The new overcharged magic death has some nice ripple effects along with the electrical charges and leads to a new tombstone.

Secondly, potions have fail states (and presumably fail effects or consequences) which can be deliberately created since spellcasters can hex potions to fail. What’s the opposite to a potion of emotional stability? A potion that makes sims giddy or even hysterical or very mad (perhaps even potentially leading to the laughing or the angry death)? This potentially doubles the types of potions that are available, or at least adds to their number to some extent.

Spells can fail too, not necessarily leading to the opposite effect but causing one of 10 curses. The one that they showed (the Curse of Unwarranted Hostility) was hilarious to watch with all the sims lining up to attack the hapless cursed sim. I didn’t care one bit that the fight animation exists elsewhere in the game because in context it was so funny (just like the neighbourhood brawl holiday always makes me laugh too).

Thirdly there are five ranks to the spellcaster’s ability, which impacts the potency of their spells, so that a spell cast by a newbie will presumably look weaker than a spell cast by the highest level of spellcaster (we saw this in the stream with herbio spell where the spellcaster created 3 magnificent quality plants just from one casting of a spell).

That’s not counting new duelling powers and animations, the familiars, their variety and endless collectibility, and their power to protect sims (including spellcasters’ offspring) from death by resurrecting them. I also love that a sim having once been killed by overcharging their magic, won’t be vulnerable to such a death again.

All this feels magical and new, especially if you compare it to how witches were added to expansion packs in the past. TS2 witches were great but oddly sandwiched into Apartment Life where they really didn’t fit; they were limited by having to make their own reagents and by having their number of spells reduced as they followed the good, neutral or evil tracks. (I actually liked the spells and their animations in this game, but they too reused animations and concepts from elsewhere in the game).

TS3 witches were limited by being one of a number of lifestates and had less spells than we are getting now — they had 6 charms (mostly need fillers), 6 curses (largely need emptiers) and 8 spells (some of which seem similar at first glance to spells in RoM; others were very temporary). Based on what I have seen, I think we are getting a lot of unique new gameplay in this pack, interesting new spells and potions applicable to this game, and a much more complex magic system than ever before. With all of this I don’t care if animations or ideas are “reused.”
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Some of y’all really need a tl/dr section lol 😬😅
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Some of y’all really need a tl/dr section lol 😬😅

200_s.gif
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    Vermatrix1Vermatrix1 Posts: 35 Member
    Full disclosure: I love the Sims 4 , I am really looking forward to ROM and will buy it the day it releases. I know that I will really enjoy the pack and I appreciate the effort that has gone into it. It may even end up being my favourite GP. But I feel that, as amazing as it looks, ROM could have been even better.

I think 4 is the magic number here. The Sims was fresh and new, never been done before, then Sims 2 came along and with it a recycling of The Sims features from it's various packs but a lot of new stuff was added as well and some old features even got a newish update. Same with Sims 3, some new, some recycled, some recycled but improved.

Now we have Sims 4, myself, I have every pack so I know all about them, same as the previous versions, a lot of new stuff but a lot of recycled content and a lot of old stuff with a facelift. I think by now, most everyong expects that and I know theres a lot of stuff from the previous games a lot of us would like to see make a come back.

As far as the "lets sit pack and hope for a Sims 5 soon" crowd, just stick to 1, 2, 3, and 4 because a 5 most likely won't have enough of a differance to notice.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    To me, I feel like they recycled the wrong content, there were so much other better options to choose from.

Because When I'm looking at I keep finding myself like "Alight, They reused x, y, and z, Good! Okay that's cool, I can work with this..."

But then I see other things I'm giving the side eye too, and I'm Like "What happened here, whose idea was this?!" It's like I received good news but then it goes south real quick.

I felt like we were on the same page with... Initially when the Sims launched I felt that they were really going to utilize the sim's new ability to Multitask and emotions. I thought that was a great idea. and then Ghosts came, I was really excited to see how they were animated, the Grim reaper himself was well animated, Get to Work came, heck even Get together displayed potential, Romantic Garden and Spa day a little, Vampires, and Seasons and being able to group snowball fights, the Lightning Powers, and Mermaids with the elementals... I was like Blown away by all that other content, I felt like we saw eye to eye.

Realm of Magic has a lot of things I do find awesome don't get me wrong. I just find myself confused and conflicted since this was one of the Essential Packs I needed. Again, I see a lot of Good things, I finally have the customization to make the character I wanted, But a lot of the Magic, and spells I needed don't seem there. I appreciate that I don't have to do extensive cheats to finally create my Sorcerer how I wanted.

But with the way Magic has been designed in this pack, I don't think I can play out my story the way I envisioned, and I understand you win some, you loose some. Magic always comes with a price. I had all these epic fights in my head and it's going to stay that way I guess. The way they designed snow ball fights, Sims would be able to utilize all the spells they have knowledge of at their disposal there will be, Using fire magic, frost magic, and lightning to knock out their enemies, but You can only use fire magic to light objects on fire you can use fire magic on sims?
    Okay maybe not to kill, but why not to blast sims of their feet, knock out, charred and or intimidate. plus My sim casually holding a ball of fire and I mean talk about flexing for the gram!

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,130 Member
    I've only experienced the Sims 3 version of magic & it was very limiting, so I'm so looking forward to Tuesday when I get Sims 4 ROM.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    To me, I feel like they recycled the wrong content, there were so much other better options to choose from.

Because When I'm looking at I keep finding myself like "Alight, They reused x, y, and z, Good! Okay that's cool, I can work with this..."

But then I see other things I'm giving the side eye too, and I'm Like "What happened here, whose idea was this?!" It's like I received good news but then it goes south real quick.

I felt like we were on the same page with... Initially when the Sims launched I felt that they were really going to utilize the sim's new ability to Multitask and emotions. I thought that was a great idea. and then Ghosts came, I was really excited to see how they were animated, the Grim reaper himself was well animated, Get to Work came, heck even Get together displayed potential, Romantic Garden and Spa day a little, Vampires, and Seasons and being able to group snowball fights, the Lightning Powers, and Mermaids with the elementals... I was like Blown away by all that other content, I felt like we saw eye to eye.

Realm of Magic has a lot of things I do find awesome don't get me wrong. I just find myself confused and conflicted since this was one of the Essential Packs I needed. Again, I see a lot of Good things, I finally have the customization to make the character I wanted, But a lot of the Magic, and spells I needed don't seem there. I appreciate that I don't have to do extensive cheats to finally create my Sorcerer how I wanted.

But with the way Magic has been designed in this pack, I don't think I can play out my story the way I envisioned, and I understand you win some, you loose some. Magic always comes with a price. I had all these epic fights in my head and it's going to stay that way I guess. The way they designed snow ball fights, Sims would be able to utilize all the spells they have knowledge of at their disposal there will be, Using fire magic, frost magic, and lightning to knock out their enemies, but You can only use fire magic to light objects on fire you can use fire magic on sims?
    Okay maybe not to kill, but why not to blast sims of their feet, knock out, charred and or intimidate. plus My sim casually holding a ball of fire and I mean talk about flexing for the gram!

I always think of your posts when I think of magic packs but I have to say, I was never, ever expecting to see the awesome ideas you had in The Sims. Skyrim, yeah, but not this. Not all of them, mind, just some of your more... elaborate ideas. I think you set your expectations a bit too high, that’s all. I’d have been overjoyed if this pack was anything like what you describe in your posts though. We do need a game like that period, whether it’s sims or not haha.

Here’s hoping to the next sims game or a competitor to do it better.

—T
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I've only experienced the Sims 3 version of magic & it was very limiting, so I'm so looking forward to Tuesday when I get Sims 4 ROM.

If they had combined TS1 and TS2 magic, that’s would’ve been awesome!

—T
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Hmm there is some new stuff? Duplicating themselves and objects, a repair spell, a conjure food spell, turning sims into objects, creating a fully grown plant, .. I can't remember them all tbh. I mean, for some I see what you mean but there's still a nice variety of fun spells here for me personally. More is always great of course but I had high hopes for this, and so far I'm not disappointed.

You can turn sims into objects and clone yourself and things with Get to Work Science career: https://carls-sims-4-guide.com/careers/gettowork/scientist/?cmtx_page=5

Is it really possible to turn sims into objects with GTW? I haven't heard of it before and don't see it in the guide.
  • Options
    I'm just over here deeply impressed with Realm >.>
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    troshalom wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Hmm there is some new stuff? Duplicating themselves and objects, a repair spell, a conjure food spell, turning sims into objects, creating a fully grown plant, .. I can't remember them all tbh. I mean, for some I see what you mean but there's still a nice variety of fun spells here for me personally. More is always great of course but I had high hopes for this, and so far I'm not disappointed.

You can turn sims into objects and clone yourself and things with Get to Work Science career: https://carls-sims-4-guide.com/careers/gettowork/scientist/?cmtx_page=5

Is it really possible to turn sims into objects with GTW? I haven't heard of it before and don't see it in the guide.
    I don’t think so. You can only change their appearance in certain ways with the SimRay
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    I see your point, but I’d like to know what you were expecting instead of this?

Honestly, I was expecting this. In fact, here I am predicting this with uncanny accuracy back in August 2018 (bold added for emphasis):
    I of course do want more occults, particularly mermaids and also werewolves. I see that witches are very popular and think they will probably be the next to enter the game. I would love witches if they are well implemented with new powers and such. But, what I kind of worry about with witches is that the game designers won’t give them any new powers - they will just recycle features which are already in the game. I suspect the vast majority of their spells will consist of doing things which either aliens or vampires can do, or can be purchased from the rewards store, or can be done by a scientist. Maybe they will be able to cast a spell to read others’ personality (aliens and vampires), or to teleport (vampires), to freeze other sims (scientist: freeze ray), to make a love potion (vampires alluring power or rewards store beguiling trait), to make a sim young again (rewards store potion of youth), make a potion or cast a spell to fix a sim’s needs (rewards store: moodlet solver) to cast hallucinations on other sims (vampires) or maybe they will be able to make potions which do the same as the scientist career’s serums. The point is, while I would love to be proved wrong, I suspect that the majority of the powers that witches will have are in the game already.

And it’s not that I’m not happy with this. But I would have liked more spells that do genuinely new things in addition to the others that recycle existing features. Perhaps, for example:

- A spell that pauses time and freezes all the sims except your sim. Your sim can freeze time and mess with other sims before unfreezing time.
    - A telekinesis spell
    - Invisibility potion
    - Accio (a spell to summon objects to your sim which would fly through the air to your sim from wherever they were)
    - polyjuice potion
    - proper broomsticks
    - Change season
    - turn objects into animals or vice versa
    - levitate things
    - Proper broomsticks which you can actually fly around (I.e. which don’t just work like the vampire bat form) and maybe even a sport like Quiddich
    - predict the future
    - spell which turns objects touched to gold (Midas touch)
    - glamour
    - Ability to fly without a broom (maybe even grow wings)
    - Spell to change the size of objects or sims to minuscule (think fairy size) or huge

I could go on but I won’t.

There’s so many ideas for spells/potions out there which would have brought something new to the game. Just doing some research on popular fiction and folklore about magic brings up a lot.

I wouldn't like any of these except freeze time tbh.

But by your logic, changing the seasons isn't new because the weather machine can do that, levitating things isn't new because ghosts can haunt items.

I really don't mean to sound rude, but all these spells seem novelty at best to me.

I was ranting to some friends earlier about the lack of some spells though, like raising zombies, summoning sims, banishing sims, conjuring storms etc.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    I see your point, but I’d like to know what you were expecting instead of this?

Honestly, I was expecting this. In fact, here I am predicting this with uncanny accuracy back in August 2018 (bold added for emphasis):
    I of course do want more occults, particularly mermaids and also werewolves. I see that witches are very popular and think they will probably be the next to enter the game. I would love witches if they are well implemented with new powers and such. But, what I kind of worry about with witches is that the game designers won’t give them any new powers - they will just recycle features which are already in the game. I suspect the vast majority of their spells will consist of doing things which either aliens or vampires can do, or can be purchased from the rewards store, or can be done by a scientist. Maybe they will be able to cast a spell to read others’ personality (aliens and vampires), or to teleport (vampires), to freeze other sims (scientist: freeze ray), to make a love potion (vampires alluring power or rewards store beguiling trait), to make a sim young again (rewards store potion of youth), make a potion or cast a spell to fix a sim’s needs (rewards store: moodlet solver) to cast hallucinations on other sims (vampires) or maybe they will be able to make potions which do the same as the scientist career’s serums. The point is, while I would love to be proved wrong, I suspect that the majority of the powers that witches will have are in the game already.

And it’s not that I’m not happy with this. But I would have liked more spells that do genuinely new things in addition to the others that recycle existing features. Perhaps, for example:

- A spell that pauses time and freezes all the sims except your sim. Your sim can freeze time and mess with other sims before unfreezing time.
    - A telekinesis spell
    - Invisibility potion
    - Accio (a spell to summon objects to your sim which would fly through the air to your sim from wherever they were)
    - polyjuice potion
    - proper broomsticks
    - Change season
    - turn objects into animals or vice versa
    - levitate things
    - Proper broomsticks which you can actually fly around (I.e. which don’t just work like the vampire bat form) and maybe even a sport like Quiddich
    - predict the future
    - spell which turns objects touched to gold (Midas touch)
    - glamour
    - Ability to fly without a broom (maybe even grow wings)
    - Spell to change the size of objects or sims to minuscule (think fairy size) or huge

I could go on but I won’t.

There’s so many ideas for spells/potions out there which would have brought something new to the game. Just doing some research on popular fiction and folklore about magic brings up a lot.

I wouldn't like any of these except freeze time tbh.

But by your logic, changing the seasons isn't new because the weather machine can do that, levitating things isn't new because ghosts can haunt items.

I really don't mean to sound rude, but all these spells seem novelty at best to me.

I was ranting to some friends earlier about the lack of some spells though, like raising zombies, summoning sims, banishing sims, conjuring storms etc.
    I forgot about the weather machine. Fair enough. Those were just examples of possible genuinely new features. My main point was that we’re not getting many new things. Things like raising zombies would have been nice.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    To7m wrote: »

I always think of your posts when I think of magic packs but I have to say, I was never, ever expecting to see the awesome ideas you had in The Sims. Skyrim, yeah, but not this. Not all of them, mind, just some of your more... elaborate ideas. I think you set your expectations a bit too high, that’s all. I’d have been overjoyed if this pack was anything like what you describe in your posts though. We do need a game like that period, whether it’s sims or not haha.

—T

No, My expectations were just different, they weren't too high at all.

Hey, I got what I mainly wanted didn't I? They didn't name the Life State "Witch" which is a great victory for me. they didn't name it "Sorcerer" but "Spell Caster" I can jive with Spell caster. Hand magic Is default, wands are optional!!! Praise!
    They Added in a new gauge but I'm not mad about it, the new UI looks great! I asked for a spell book Interface and they delivered, hallelu.
    It really looks amazing!

And then we get down to the actually nitty gritty, and what became of Magic. I like that they finally acknowledge Magic as a Power. Rather than a Skill line. like there are consequences, if you try to bottle up your power and overload bad things happen. I'm here for it.

As info on the Realm of Magic trickled in, I was comparing my ideas to what I was learning. And I'm not talking about my Original "Magic is Coming." You have to remember that thread was made a Month before the The Sims 4 even launched. Before we even knew about game packs, the thread was was based on the Sims 3: Supernatural. After Vampires came, I let that thread die, and made began anew to what became My Final Concept of what a Magic Pack would look like. That is what I comparing, My Final Concept Vs the Realm of Magic.

And I've noticed My ideas for content and game play what the Realm of Magic is, are pretty equal, they hold the same weight, it's just there are things In the Realm of Magic that are in place of where I think that other content could have been. Yes it's easier to recycle but I still believe had they recycled the right content it would have been slightly more elaborate as I thought. Like I'm still hoping they just haven't confirmed it but I really hope there is the potential to have group dueling, in get together, again they did it in Seasons where you had group snowball fights why can't a group of Spellcasters throw spells back and forth at each other? It's great that you can make potions in groups but group Spell casting. (Please no one be a troll and disappoint me right now and say it has been confirmed and sims can't do this I rather just find out in game when I play at this point)

And As I look through the spell book, I just stare at it, with my resting witch face, thinking, "This mind control spell could have easily been the Heart Ripping spell to control my victim's Actions, and Emotions. Why didn't they recycle the voodoo doll like I had said?" (and Yes I typed this while rolling my neck).

And then they did what they did with the sages, Like I get theres a story, but I personally don't wasn't necessary to make Sages NPCs that needed to be there. I'm pretty sure the realm of magic can continue to exist in it's current state without them Especially since i need to hijack the realm of magic and convert it into a prison for my Dark spell caster when the time comes for his banishment. and the Chaotic vibe is what I like. and No the Sages don't need to suffer the same fate as my Mage. Like Vlad isn't Crucial to Forgotten Hollow why do the Sages don't need to be special... man I am salty now.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    edited September 2019
    I would have liked to see a spell that was able to manipulate Sims reputation. Also a fame spell to catapult Sims to stardom without the work. And also a satisfaction points potion or something like that. So many missed opportunities in my opinion, some of the spells just seem pointless (Zipzap).
  • Options
    Holiday wrote: »
    I would have liked to see a spell that was able to manipulate Sims reputation. Also a fame spell to catapult Sims to stardom without the work. And also a satisfaction points potion or something like that. So many missed opportunities in my opinion, some of the spells just seem pointless (Zipzap).

I'm glad there isn't much interaction between packs one guy I saw won't buy it exclusively because you need Cats n Dogs to own all familiars
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Agreed, Again why did seasons sims who got zapped by a lightning bolt got cool (temporary) lightning powers and Spell casters got Zip Zap?! which is the equivalent of the mischievous interaction being "zapped with a hand buzzer." I don't get it.

I really hope mods man, I need custom spell books, design my own custom spells, and just my own custom familiars. come on somebody.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options

Agreed, Again why did seasons sims who got zapped by a lightning bolt got cool (temporary) lightning powers and Spell casters got Zip Zap?! which is the equivalent of the mischievous interaction being "zapped with a hand buzzer." I don't get it.
    I forgot about the hand buzzer animation! The Zip Zap spell involves more reusage than I thought
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,462 Member

—T

Hey, I got what I mainly wanted didn't I? They didn't name the Life State "Witch" which is a great victory for me. they didn't name it "Sorcerer" but "Spell Caster" I can jive with Spell caster. Hand magic Is default, wands are optional!!! Praise!
    They Added in a new gauge but I'm not mad about it, the new UI looks great! I asked for a spell book Interface and they delivered, hallelu.
    It really looks amazing!

And then we get down to the actually nitty gritty, and what became of Magic. I like that they finally acknowledge Magic as a Power. Rather than a Skill line. like there are consequences, if you try to bottle up your power and overload bad things happen. I'm here for it.

As info on the Realm of Magic trickled in, I was comparing my ideas to what I was learning. And I'm not talking about my Original "Magic is Coming." You have to remember that thread was made a Month before the The Sims 4 even launched. Before we even knew about game packs, the thread was was based on the Sims 3: Supernatural. After Vampires came, I let that thread die, and made began anew to what became My Final Concept of what a Magic Pack would look like. That is what I comparing, My Final Concept Vs the Realm of Magic.

And I've noticed My ideas for content and game play what the Realm of Magic is, are pretty equal, they hold the same weight, it's just there are things In the Realm of Magic that are in place of where I think that other content could have been. Yes it's easier to recycle but I still believe had they recycled the right content it would have been slightly more elaborate as I thought. Like I'm still hoping they just haven't confirmed it but I really hope there is the potential to have group dueling, in get together, again they did it in Seasons where you had group snowball fights why can't a group of Spellcasters throw spells back and forth at each other? It's great that you can make potions in groups but group Spell casting. (Please no one be a troll and disappoint me right now and say it has been confirmed and sims can't do this I rather just find out in game when I play at this point)

And As I look through the spell book, I just stare at it, with my resting witch face, thinking, "This mind control spell could have easily been the Heart Ripping spell to control my victim's Actions, and Emotions. Why didn't they recycle the voodoo doll like I had said?" (and Yes I typed this while rolling my neck).

And then they did what they did with the sages, Like I get theres a story, but I personally don't wasn't necessary to make Sages NPCs that needed to be there. I'm pretty sure the realm of magic can continue to exist in it's current state without them Especially since i need to hijack the realm of magic and convert it into a prison for my Dark spell caster when the time comes for his banishment. and the Chaotic vibe is what I like. and No the Sages don't need to suffer the same fate as my Mage. Like Vlad isn't Crucial to Forgotten Hollow why do the Sages don't need to be special... man I am salty now.

I don't think a "heart-ripping" spell was a realistic expectation, honestly. We're talking about Sims 4, that's way too gruesome a concept for it. Personally, I'd love something like that but it's just not "safe" enough for the game.

As far as group duels, I'm really hoping to be able to use the club system for that. If we can make a coven or cabal or whatever of Spellcasters, then make an opposing one, we should hopefully just be able to choose dueling as a club activity and then set the two groups as enemies. I'd love to be able to see two groups of Casters going nuts on each other somewhere while I'm playing a different Sim. I'm also hoping to be able to set Vampire clans against Spellcaster groups and see what happens.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    LiELF wrote: »

—T

It really looks amazing!

I don't think a "heart-ripping" spell was a realistic expectation, honestly. We're talking about Sims 4, that's way too gruesome a concept for it. Personally, I'd love something like that but it's just not "safe" enough for the game.

As far as group duels, I'm really hoping to be able to use the club system for that. If we can make a coven or cabal or whatever of Spellcasters, then make an opposing one, we should hopefully just be able to choose dueling as a club activity and then set the two groups as enemies. I'd love to be able to see two groups of Casters going nuts on each other somewhere while I'm playing a different Sim. I'm also hoping to be able to set Vampire clans against Spellcaster groups and see what happens.

The way I picture it, I think it's perfectly safe, the Heart Rip Spell it's not bloody or anything. You just magically phase/Plunge your hand into the chest cavity, of the victim, grab hold and pluck the heart out like an apple from a tree! And when you retrieve the heart, there's no blood. it looks like an anatomically correct crystal heart.

Enchanted Heart in a box for safe keeping.
    latest?cb=20141214171847

I mean Love day in the sims would have been a lot more interesting if I literally had my sims giving their hearts to each other as gifts.
    It's no different than a Vampire drinking a sim's plasma or draining the life force. A quick grab and now your spell caster can now control their, heartless victim.

Make an excellent stress toy, go ahead give it a firm Squeeze! Dare you. no this is the part that would actually go against the ratings, If the Possessor of the heart Crushes the heart, the Sim would die... or Do something far worse, like put the victim in an eternal emotionless state.

It sounds gloomy, but nevertheless, entertaining for me.

I remember in the live stream they someone asked can magic be used on kids, and toddlers, and they said, No that would be taking it to far. and I'm sitting over here like, Not far enough... I guess i can't collect the Tears of toddlers and the hearts of the people my sims hate most. Don't they know a little dark moments make the lighter moments shine brighter in the end.

As for Group Dueling Yeah, it'd be so cool. If my single sim was powerful enough to duel against a group of Five or Seven other spell casters at once, and potentially win. Like my sim has two hands and eyes, surely he can focus on multiple people coming for him.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options

—T

It really looks amazing!

@MasonGamer this is what I meant. Please don’t take offence, I meant none. I would’ve loved to have seen most of your ideas, but this *is* the Sims 4... like, it wasn’t gonna happen. They just wouldn’t do it. And besides, it’s S4, look at previous packs and even vampires to an extent. They’re all watered down, why would this be any different? I’m actually pleasantly surprised at this pack.

But I do get your point. I just didn’t see it happening with this version of TS.

—T
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2019
    Thank you for the list. I'm disappointed some of these things I can just reach into the rewards panel and buy for 50 points for the basegame potions, and be done with it without all the work. :/ And or place an object in a house (basegame) and acquire the same effect on a Sim. Perhaps the magic of magic will be in the getting there instead of the reward of the learned trick. But I think so far, it may be that Makin Magic and TS2, TS3 and TSM's magic (which I enjoyed all those) was more entertaining and required special ingredients, and special animations and special rewards and affected Sims in special ways rather than something I have already seen in the base game offered by a basegame object or crystal reward from owning TS3 packs (for TS4) and or particular elements found in the basegame or reward panels. Hm, have to wait and see now, I guess.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Is that pic from Once Upon A Time ? This reminds me of Regina.

—T

It really looks amazing!

The way I picture it, I think it's perfectly safe, the Heart Rip Spell it's not bloody or anything. You just magically phase/Plunge your hand into the chest cavity, of the victim, grab hold and pluck the heart out like an apple from a tree! And when you retrieve the heart, there's no blood. it looks like an anatomically correct crystal heart.

Enchanted Heart in a box for safe keeping.
    latest?cb=20141214171847

I mean Love day in the sims would have been a lot more interesting if I literally had my sims giving their hearts to each other as gifts.
    It's no different than a Vampire drinking a sim's plasma or draining the life force. A quick grab and now your spell caster can now control their, heartless victim.

Make an excellent stress toy, go ahead give it a firm Squeeze! Dare you. no this is the part that would actually go against the ratings, If the Possessor of the heart Crushes the heart, the Sim would die... or Do something far worse, like put the victim in an eternal emotionless state.

It sounds gloomy, but nevertheless, entertaining for me.

I remember in the live stream they someone asked can magic be used on kids, and toddlers, and they said, No that would be taking it to far. and I'm sitting over here like, Not far enough... I guess i can't collect the Tears of toddlers and the hearts of the people my sims hate most. Don't they know a little dark moments make the lighter moments shine brighter in the end.

As for Group Dueling Yeah, it'd be so cool. If my single sim was powerful enough to duel against a group of Five or Seven other spell casters at once, and potentially win. Like my sim has two hands and eyes, surely he can focus on multiple people coming for him.

• Options
    Hearts in Once aren't that realistic