Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic recycling features from other packs (& base game)

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited September 2019
    From my observations so far...

SPELLS (Used by Spellcasters only)
    • Repario Repairs objects, yes, but also upgrades craftable quality (so far I know it works on books, paintings, potions - doesn't work on school projects or meals). Fail sets the craftable on fire.
    • Deliriate - Makes target sim Dazed. Can't target self.
    • Furio - Makes target sim and another sim of your choosing Angry and the target sim initiates hostile interactions with the other sim chosen. Can't target self.
    • Infatuate - Makes target sim and another sim of your choosing Flirty and the target sim initiates romantic interactions with the other sim chosen. Can't target self.
    • ZipZap - Electrocutes sims. Breaks electric devices and appliances.
    • DeCursify - Removes all Curses from the target sim. Can target self.
    • Scruberoo - Cleans sims/objects. Doesn't work on litter boxes (possible oversight).
    • Inferniate - Set fires (can be lethal), set sims on fire (not lethal), light fireplaces. Doesn't work on bonfires (possible oversight), haven't tested campfires yet.

POTIONS (Made by Spellcasters only, can be used by anyone)
    • Potion of plentiful needs - Fills all needs/motives. Fail sets all needs/motives to yellow (<50%)
    • Potion of the nimble mind - Speeds up skill gains.
    • Potion of good fortune - Find random collectibles while doing various interactions (works similar to Penny Pixies lot trait). Fail gives bad luck and increases failure chances.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Some of y’all really need a tl/dr section lol 😬😅

This made me chuckle.

—T
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    @EmmaVane thank you for sharing your observations. Do you know whether the potion of immortality freezes aging?

The description says it prevents death via old age, so I'm guessing you can still grow old, but you can also live forever barring any accidents. Great for ancient wizards etc.

ETA: Also great for family players that want to have a great-grandma in the family or a mother-in-law who just won't die.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    @EmmaVane thank you for sharing your observations. Do you know whether the potion of immortality freezes aging?

The description says it prevents death via old age, so I'm guessing you can still grow old, but you can also live forever barring any accidents. Great for ancient wizards etc.
    I was afraid of that :( sigh. Guess I will just have to use MCCC to freeze the ages of those spellcasters who I want to be eternally young as well as immortal.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Is that pic from Once Upon A Time ? This reminds me of Regina.
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    To me, I feel like they recycled the wrong content, there were so much other better options to choose from.

Because When I'm looking at I keep finding myself like "Alight, They reused x, y, and z, Good! Okay that's cool, I can work with this..."

But then I see other things I'm giving the side eye too, and I'm Like "What happened here, whose idea was this?!" It's like I received good news but then it goes south real quick.

I felt like we were on the same page with... Initially when the Sims launched I felt that they were really going to utilize the sim's new ability to Multitask and emotions. I thought that was a great idea. and then Ghosts came, I was really excited to see how they were animated, the Grim reaper himself was well animated, Get to Work came, heck even Get together displayed potential, Romantic Garden and Spa day a little, Vampires, and Seasons and being able to group snowball fights, the Lightning Powers, and Mermaids with the elementals... I was like Blown away by all that other content, I felt like we saw eye to eye.

Realm of Magic has a lot of things I do find awesome don't get me wrong. I just find myself confused and conflicted since this was one of the Essential Packs I needed. Again, I see a lot of Good things, I finally have the customization to make the character I wanted, But a lot of the Magic, and spells I needed don't seem there. I appreciate that I don't have to do extensive cheats to finally create my Sorcerer how I wanted.

But with the way Magic has been designed in this pack, I don't think I can play out my story the way I envisioned, and I understand you win some, you loose some. Magic always comes with a price. I had all these epic fights in my head and it's going to stay that way I guess. The way they designed snow ball fights, Sims would be able to utilize all the spells they have knowledge of at their disposal there will be, Using fire magic, frost magic, and lightning to knock out their enemies, but You can only use fire magic to light objects on fire you can use fire magic on sims?
    Okay maybe not to kill, but why not to blast sims of their feet, knock out, charred and or intimidate. plus My sim casually holding a ball of fire and I mean talk about flexing for the gram!

I always think of your posts when I think of magic packs but I have to say, I was never, ever expecting to see the awesome ideas you had in The Sims. Skyrim, yeah, but not this. Not all of them, mind, just some of your more... elaborate ideas. I think you set your expectations a bit too high, that’s all. I’d have been overjoyed if this pack was anything like what you describe in your posts though. We do need a game like that period, whether it’s sims or not haha.

Here’s hoping to the next sims game or a competitor to do it better.

—T

No, My expectations were just different, they weren't too high at all.

Hey, I got what I mainly wanted didn't I? They didn't name the Life State "Witch" which is a great victory for me. they didn't name it "Sorcerer" but "Spell Caster" I can jive with Spell caster. Hand magic Is default, wands are optional!!! Praise!
    They Added in a new gauge but I'm not mad about it, the new UI looks great! I asked for a spell book Interface and they delivered, hallelu.
    It really looks amazing!

And then we get down to the actually nitty gritty, and what became of Magic. I like that they finally acknowledge Magic as a Power. Rather than a Skill line. like there are consequences, if you try to bottle up your power and overload bad things happen. I'm here for it.

As info on the Realm of Magic trickled in, I was comparing my ideas to what I was learning. And I'm not talking about my Original "Magic is Coming." You have to remember that thread was made a Month before the The Sims 4 even launched. Before we even knew about game packs, the thread was was based on the Sims 3: Supernatural. After Vampires came, I let that thread die, and made began anew to what became My Final Concept of what a Magic Pack would look like. That is what I comparing, My Final Concept Vs the Realm of Magic.

And I've noticed My ideas for content and game play what the Realm of Magic is, are pretty equal, they hold the same weight, it's just there are things In the Realm of Magic that are in place of where I think that other content could have been. Yes it's easier to recycle but I still believe had they recycled the right content it would have been slightly more elaborate as I thought. Like I'm still hoping they just haven't confirmed it but I really hope there is the potential to have group dueling, in get together, again they did it in Seasons where you had group snowball fights why can't a group of Spellcasters throw spells back and forth at each other? It's great that you can make potions in groups but group Spell casting. (Please no one be a troll and disappoint me right now and say it has been confirmed and sims can't do this I rather just find out in game when I play at this point)

And As I look through the spell book, I just stare at it, with my resting witch face, thinking, "This mind control spell could have easily been the Heart Ripping spell to control my victim's Actions, and Emotions. Why didn't they recycle the voodoo doll like I had said?" (and Yes I typed this while rolling my neck).

And then they did what they did with the sages, Like I get theres a story, but I personally don't wasn't necessary to make Sages NPCs that needed to be there. I'm pretty sure the realm of magic can continue to exist in it's current state without them Especially since i need to hijack the realm of magic and convert it into a prison for my Dark spell caster when the time comes for his banishment. and the Chaotic vibe is what I like. and No the Sages don't need to suffer the same fate as my Mage. Like Vlad isn't Crucial to Forgotten Hollow why do the Sages don't need to be special... man I am salty now.

I don't think a "heart-ripping" spell was a realistic expectation, honestly. We're talking about Sims 4, that's way too gruesome a concept for it. Personally, I'd love something like that but it's just not "safe" enough for the game.

As far as group duels, I'm really hoping to be able to use the club system for that. If we can make a coven or cabal or whatever of Spellcasters, then make an opposing one, we should hopefully just be able to choose dueling as a club activity and then set the two groups as enemies. I'd love to be able to see two groups of Casters going nuts on each other somewhere while I'm playing a different Sim. I'm also hoping to be able to set Vampire clans against Spellcaster groups and see what happens.

The way I picture it, I think it's perfectly safe, the Heart Rip Spell it's not bloody or anything. You just magically phase/Plunge your hand into the chest cavity, of the victim, grab hold and pluck the heart out like an apple from a tree! And when you retrieve the heart, there's no blood. it looks like an anatomically correct crystal heart.

Enchanted Heart in a box for safe keeping.
    latest?cb=20141214171847

I mean Love day in the sims would have been a lot more interesting if I literally had my sims giving their hearts to each other as gifts.
    It's no different than a Vampire drinking a sim's plasma or draining the life force. A quick grab and now your spell caster can now control their, heartless victim.

Make an excellent stress toy, go ahead give it a firm Squeeze! Dare you. no this is the part that would actually go against the ratings, If the Possessor of the heart Crushes the heart, the Sim would die... or Do something far worse, like put the victim in an eternal emotionless state.

It sounds gloomy, but nevertheless, entertaining for me.

I remember in the live stream they someone asked can magic be used on kids, and toddlers, and they said, No that would be taking it to far. and I'm sitting over here like, Not far enough... I guess i can't collect the Tears of toddlers and the hearts of the people my sims hate most. Don't they know a little dark moments make the lighter moments shine brighter in the end.

As for Group Dueling Yeah, it'd be so cool. If my single sim was powerful enough to duel against a group of Five or Seven other spell casters at once, and potentially win. Like my sim has two hands and eyes, surely he can focus on multiple people coming for him.

It is it's the direction I wanted to go with magic.
    LiELF wrote: »
    To me, I feel like they recycled the wrong content, there were so much other better options to choose from.

Because When I'm looking at I keep finding myself like "Alight, They reused x, y, and z, Good! Okay that's cool, I can work with this..."

But then I see other things I'm giving the side eye too, and I'm Like "What happened here, whose idea was this?!" It's like I received good news but then it goes south real quick.

I felt like we were on the same page with... Initially when the Sims launched I felt that they were really going to utilize the sim's new ability to Multitask and emotions. I thought that was a great idea. and then Ghosts came, I was really excited to see how they were animated, the Grim reaper himself was well animated, Get to Work came, heck even Get together displayed potential, Romantic Garden and Spa day a little, Vampires, and Seasons and being able to group snowball fights, the Lightning Powers, and Mermaids with the elementals... I was like Blown away by all that other content, I felt like we saw eye to eye.

Realm of Magic has a lot of things I do find awesome don't get me wrong. I just find myself confused and conflicted since this was one of the Essential Packs I needed. Again, I see a lot of Good things, I finally have the customization to make the character I wanted, But a lot of the Magic, and spells I needed don't seem there. I appreciate that I don't have to do extensive cheats to finally create my Sorcerer how I wanted.

But with the way Magic has been designed in this pack, I don't think I can play out my story the way I envisioned, and I understand you win some, you loose some. Magic always comes with a price. I had all these epic fights in my head and it's going to stay that way I guess. The way they designed snow ball fights, Sims would be able to utilize all the spells they have knowledge of at their disposal there will be, Using fire magic, frost magic, and lightning to knock out their enemies, but You can only use fire magic to light objects on fire you can use fire magic on sims?
    Okay maybe not to kill, but why not to blast sims of their feet, knock out, charred and or intimidate. plus My sim casually holding a ball of fire and I mean talk about flexing for the gram!

I always think of your posts when I think of magic packs but I have to say, I was never, ever expecting to see the awesome ideas you had in The Sims. Skyrim, yeah, but not this. Not all of them, mind, just some of your more... elaborate ideas. I think you set your expectations a bit too high, that’s all. I’d have been overjoyed if this pack was anything like what you describe in your posts though. We do need a game like that period, whether it’s sims or not haha.

Here’s hoping to the next sims game or a competitor to do it better.

—T

No, My expectations were just different, they weren't too high at all.

Hey, I got what I mainly wanted didn't I? They didn't name the Life State "Witch" which is a great victory for me. they didn't name it "Sorcerer" but "Spell Caster" I can jive with Spell caster. Hand magic Is default, wands are optional!!! Praise!
    They Added in a new gauge but I'm not mad about it, the new UI looks great! I asked for a spell book Interface and they delivered, hallelu.
    It really looks amazing!

And then we get down to the actually nitty gritty, and what became of Magic. I like that they finally acknowledge Magic as a Power. Rather than a Skill line. like there are consequences, if you try to bottle up your power and overload bad things happen. I'm here for it.

As info on the Realm of Magic trickled in, I was comparing my ideas to what I was learning. And I'm not talking about my Original "Magic is Coming." You have to remember that thread was made a Month before the The Sims 4 even launched. Before we even knew about game packs, the thread was was based on the Sims 3: Supernatural. After Vampires came, I let that thread die, and made began anew to what became My Final Concept of what a Magic Pack would look like. That is what I comparing, My Final Concept Vs the Realm of Magic.

And I've noticed My ideas for content and game play what the Realm of Magic is, are pretty equal, they hold the same weight, it's just there are things In the Realm of Magic that are in place of where I think that other content could have been. Yes it's easier to recycle but I still believe had they recycled the right content it would have been slightly more elaborate as I thought. Like I'm still hoping they just haven't confirmed it but I really hope there is the potential to have group dueling, in get together, again they did it in Seasons where you had group snowball fights why can't a group of Spellcasters throw spells back and forth at each other? It's great that you can make potions in groups but group Spell casting. (Please no one be a troll and disappoint me right now and say it has been confirmed and sims can't do this I rather just find out in game when I play at this point)

And As I look through the spell book, I just stare at it, with my resting witch face, thinking, "This mind control spell could have easily been the Heart Ripping spell to control my victim's Actions, and Emotions. Why didn't they recycle the voodoo doll like I had said?" (and Yes I typed this while rolling my neck).

And then they did what they did with the sages, Like I get theres a story, but I personally don't wasn't necessary to make Sages NPCs that needed to be there. I'm pretty sure the realm of magic can continue to exist in it's current state without them Especially since i need to hijack the realm of magic and convert it into a prison for my Dark spell caster when the time comes for his banishment. and the Chaotic vibe is what I like. and No the Sages don't need to suffer the same fate as my Mage. Like Vlad isn't Crucial to Forgotten Hollow why do the Sages don't need to be special... man I am salty now.

I don't think a "heart-ripping" spell was a realistic expectation, honestly. We're talking about Sims 4, that's way too gruesome a concept for it. Personally, I'd love something like that but it's just not "safe" enough for the game.

As far as group duels, I'm really hoping to be able to use the club system for that. If we can make a coven or cabal or whatever of Spellcasters, then make an opposing one, we should hopefully just be able to choose dueling as a club activity and then set the two groups as enemies. I'd love to be able to see two groups of Casters going nuts on each other somewhere while I'm playing a different Sim. I'm also hoping to be able to set Vampire clans against Spellcaster groups and see what happens.

@MasonGamer this is what I meant. Please don’t take offence, I meant none. I would’ve loved to have seen most of your ideas, but this *is* the Sims 4... like, it wasn’t gonna happen. They just wouldn’t do it. And besides, it’s S4, look at previous packs and even vampires to an extent. They’re all watered down, why would this be any different? I’m actually pleasantly surprised at this pack.

But I do get your point. I just didn’t see it happening with this version of TS.

—T

Oh 100%, I had many doubts I just put that stuff out there in hopes they would see it and draw up concepts. I only a expected slightly more better as we delved deeper with packs, because of Seasons, Vampires, and other packs.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited September 2019
    EA: *introduces new ways to alter emotions and buffs and stuff*

me:
    giphy.gif

y'all got bread?
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Well having seen a live stream of this, I’m now more convinced than ever most of these spells are already in the game in a different form. It seems it’s useful if you only have the base game. I think many of the spells don’t cross into other packs like say a spell to gain fame instantly because they know not everyone will have dlc so they keep it to base game and most of the spells are already in the game.

And having witness the game crash 5/6 times on a game changer with a pc more than capable of running the game, that doesn’t inspire me with confidence either.
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    And having witness the game crash 5/6 times on a game changer with a pc more than capable of running the game, that doesn’t inspire me with confidence either.

Oh good Lord... that makes me nervous since my laptop is capable of running the game but it is starting to struggle a bit... :/
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited September 2019
    afai1261 wrote: »

Oh good Lord... that makes me nervous since my laptop is capable of running the game but it is starting to struggle a bit... :/

Oh yeah... I watched it live with Midnight and it was not stable. The streamer's computer was better than mine, very high end.

The chat also was talking about how other streamers were having crashing issues as well, I'm nervous about it.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member

Oh yeah... I watched it live with Midnight and it was not stable. The streamer's computer was better than mine, very high end.

The chat also was talking about how other streamers were having crashing issues as well, I'm nervous about it.

I'm prone to saving every 5 minutes and before every loading screen since I used to play TS4 on a PC that was much worse and would crash unpredictably.
    Will I regret buying this pack when it comes out? I'm in two minds about getting it now... ugh
    edited September 2019

I have the same card as The streamer does, also the same card as the other streamer. (A Gtx 2080). It also crashed in the Guru stream. Even if I were to buy this pack and I’m not, but if I were I would wait.
    edited September 2019
    Well having seen a live stream of this, I’m now more convinced than ever most of these spells are already in the game in a different form. It seems it’s useful if you only have the base game. I think many of the spells don’t cross into other packs like say a spell to gain fame instantly because they know not everyone will have dlc so they keep it to base game and most of the spells are already in the game.

Various spells would help you gain fame faster.

If you are a crafter then Repario will mean you only ever need sell excellent/masterpiece/bestseller craftables, thus gaining fame at a faster rate.

The skill potion will also help with this as well as being a useful boost for actors/musicians/comedians etc.

Social spells and potions will help with popularity/infamy and will also help gain fame faster. Some of the curses will make infamy easy.

It's not a direct spell or potion, but they will all help in some way.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    they have been recycling features from the base game.
    since the start.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    they have been recycling features from the base game.
    since the start.

What’s the difference with this game pack and any other Sims game? Even Sims 1 reused various gameplay mechanics and ideas for its magic (although I loved the spells there because they were quirky). TS2 and TS3 did the same thing as well, with some cheaty spells in each. These ones, especially Inferniate and Morphiate, at least seem interesting and entertainingly chaotic.

Sims 1 kids could do magic.
    The enchant spell turned your gnomes to life, if you had the nectar press they would spend their time swimming and drinking nectar. If you invoke the perfect garden charm all the gnomes on the lot would attack your sim as they found that offensive. They can also turn flamingos to life. The spells were fun and unique. Most of the spells in rom are just cheaty type ways of things we can do already. I.e bring someone back from death, putting sims into certain emotions.
    The enchant spell turned your gnomes to life, if you had the nectar press they would spend their time swimming and drinking nectar. If you invoke the perfect garden charm all the gnomes on the lot would attack your sim as they found that offensive. They can also turn flamingos to life. The spells were fun and unique. Most of the spells in rom are just cheaty type ways of things we can do already. I.e bring someone back from death, putting sims into certain emotions.

TS1 Magic spells were really fun and I loved them, but no one could claim that they weren’t cheaty too. There was the Relationship Boost, which improved the relationship between sims, Get Happy and Smiley Face, which boosted sims’ moods, Banish, which removed a sim from the lot, The Big Question, which simultaneously created a romantic relationship with another sim, married them to your sim and moved them into your household, and Hypnotize, which allowed a sim to control another sim and make them do menial chores. And magic practitioners in TS1 were just ordinary sims, not another lifestate.

As for TS1 kids, I was glad that they could cast children’s versions of spells, but sadly no sim kids since then have ever been able to do magic intentionally. I think they could do so in TS1 only because they were one of just two life stages. Since later sims gained more life stages, the developers apparently haven’t felt the need to give toddlers and kids age appropriate or unique abilities, sigh.

TS1 Magic spells were really fun and I loved them, but no one could claim that they weren’t cheaty too. There was the Relationship Boost, which improved the relationship between sims, Get Happy and Smiley Face, which boosted sims’ moods, Banish, which removed a sim from the lot, The Big Question, which simultaneously created a romantic relationship with another sim, married them to your sim and moved them into your household, and Hypnotize, which allowed a sim to control another sim and make them do menial chores. And magic practitioners in TS1 were just ordinary sims, not another lifestate.

As for TS1 kids, I was glad that they could cast children’s versions of spells, but sadly no sim kids since then have ever been able to do magic intentionally. I think they could do so in TS1 only because they were one of just two life stages. Since later sims gained more life stages, the developers apparently haven’t felt the need to give toddlers and kids age appropriate or unique abilities, sigh.

Sims 3 kids and toddlers had very basic animations. Like making their toys disappear. I’ll have to check if they got cas items in the supernatural pack because if they did, then they are still better than the sims 4 kids and toddlers who get nothing.

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    My daughter who is 100% into supernatural things and wanted to have this pack so badly just left after a few minutes of watching a gameplay video because the gameplay is so boring.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Honestly, I've had it twenty minutes and I feel like I've done everything there is to do. To be fair though I'm not a fantasy player. The new worlds are amazing, and the broom-riding and wand duals are nice. But, as always, it's just another skin for the same everyday gameplay. I wish we had new objects like a hidden bookcase door, and that Sims could use their wands to summon things and do everyday things with. It just feels very shallow, especially when most of the gameplay is just leveling up by doing the same things and looking in a computerized journal like something from a 2000s Playstation game.
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    My daughter who is 100% into supernatural things and wanted to have this pack so badly just left after a few minutes of watching a gameplay video because the gameplay is so boring.

Gameplay videos are... always boring though....?

No lie I’m always confused by this because I hate watching sim lets plays compared to other games. This seems weird proof, especially considering all critics who’ve even been critical of the game pack say the gameplay on this pack is great.
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Honestly, I've had it twenty minutes and I feel like I've done everything there is to do. To be fair though I'm not a fantasy player. The new worlds are amazing, and the broom-riding and wand duals are nice. But, as always, it's just another skin for the same everyday gameplay. I wish we had new objects like a hidden bookcase door, and that Sims could use their wands to summon things and do everyday things with. It just feels very shallow, especially when most of the gameplay is just leveling up by doing the same things and looking in a computerized journal like something from a 2000s Playstation game.

Oof. I'm a huge fan of supernatural sims, and this breaks my heart. It has SO MUCH potential, but they chose to go with lame emotion spells, no pet dragons, no crystal ball, no spiral staircases, no hidden bookshelves, no interesting new animations, no moon dial and astronomer career, no new traits (cas way, that birth one doesnt count), no cool spells, lame potions, and just ugh. I'm just so deflated. First Island Living being a huge disappointment, now this. And I dont even have the game yet. My sister is getting it for me as a present so I'm thankful, but seriously why cant Sims team be more creative? If they cant, atleast they should read some forums because Simmers have ton of amazing and fun ideas.

Sims 3 kids and toddlers had very basic animations. Like making their toys disappear. I’ll have to check if they got cas items in the supernatural pack because if they did, then they are still better than the sims 4 kids and toddlers who get nothing.

I personally did not care for the witches in TS3 (I found them weaker than TS1 and TS2 witches) so I only played them a limited amount. I mainly played with fairies and werewolves with Supernatural; I remember those lifestates had a few small things for toddlers and kids. I didn’t know about the idle animations for witchy toddlers in TS2 — they sound cute.

I like the magic in this pack from what I have seen; the whole system seems really well thought out. I particularly like that all the potions have fail states giving opposite effects (so the immortality potion kills a sim if it fails) and that sims acquire curses if they mess up their magic.

To me, some of the spells (with their tendency to backfire) seem entertaining. A weak sim casting the morphiate spell can turn themselves into an object if they fail. A powerful top level spellcaster doing the same spell can potentially morphiate every sim on the lot. A sim casting the inferniate spell can accidentally set themselves on fire or create a fire that gets out of control, burning from object to object. Strangeify also has the potential for mischief. It all seems like it could be pleasantly chaotic and amusing.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    I played the sims 2 extensively and didn't realize that there was a Witch life state and secret world. So I gotta go back and explore that in the Sims 2.

Check this out for comparison: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Spells_(The_Sims_2:_Apartment_Life)
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Angellulu wrote: »

Oof. I'm a huge fan of supernatural sims, and this breaks my heart. It has SO MUCH potential, but they chose to go with lame emotion spells, no pet dragons, no crystal ball, no spiral staircases, no hidden bookshelves, no interesting new animations, no moon dial and astronomer career, no new traits (cas way, that birth one doesnt count), no cool spells, lame potions, and just ugh. I'm just so deflated. First Island Living being a huge disappointment, now this. And I dont even have the game yet. My sister is getting it for me as a present so I'm thankful, but seriously why cant Sims team be more creative? If they cant, atleast they should read some forums because Simmers have ton of amazing and fun ideas.

Maybe wait until you have the pack & see how you find it rather than writing it off already?

(especially wouldn't recommend going by anyone who's not into occults. not that it's a bad thing not being into that gameplay but it's inevitably unlikely to be a super positive impression)