Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For those arguing why the Hijab & whatnot are not in a seperate pack:

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Logisitcs wrote: »

If EA wants to be inclusive stick it in a paid dlc pack called religion and call it a day. These guys just want free press.
    A religions of the world stuff pack might have been a smarter idea.

and a free DLC

free but DLC
  • Options
    Mw93Mw93 Posts: 59 Member
    > @AHolyToilet said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I'm compelled to point out that this is a common fallacy. Telling someone to that if they don't like content, then don't use said content is an attempt to shut down critical thinking, as the person you replied to presented, and doesn't address the issue at hand, such as people's problems with the hijab and the pride content. The point of criticism is to weigh the merits of whatever the party talks about. Using a blanket statement like "don't like them, don't use them" is an attempt to cover up and/or dismiss the issue and doesn't allow said merits to be weighed.
    >
    > Let them.

If ea is gonna force the hijab on me I want ea to force my taste for 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and kinky attire for equal representation.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

look up Pollyana.. and look up Anne of Green Gables it wasn't acceptable for women until the 70s or 80s to have our head uncovered in church.

There are still restrictions today. As a woman, you're not allowed to enter a church with your shoulders unclothed (that's why many brides wear an extra little jacket when they get married in a church) and pants/skirts/dresses must at least cover the knees.

Really? I’ve seen many brides get married in church with a strapless dress and a sweetheart neckline! Perhaps it depends on the church. Also saw many guests with shoulders exposed too.

There's probably a difference. I'm talking from a European perspective :)

Could be. I’m in the U.K. I don’t really follow religion so I go to church for weddings and funerals. Certainly at our local church I’ve seen a few brides and guests with their shoulders bare. I’m not a fan but that’s my personal preference. I don’t think I would go into church with bare shoulders but that’s because my mum always told me I shouldn’t. (Same when I got married)
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    Really hope a mod comes out to remove this oppressive object from my game.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    I actually would have preferred the "pride content" to be in a downloadable pack, similar to the holiday, guitar, and too large picture frame. That would solve a multitude of complaints, because it would only be downloaded if it was desired content. If history is of any indication, I will be forced to download yet another mod to make my game playable.

Why not just...not use it? Some packs oppose my views but I am not frustrated over them. I use what I want.

It does not and never will fit my gameplay. Do I need to be more blunt?

Then don't play sims 4, simple.

Isn't the all sims games about the player ruling their own game? All these "cultural" and "social" agendas forced via free patches are against that aspect. It no longer is a sandbox style game when those are put in it.

Wow, this is a new level of self-contradiction and you don't even see it in your own statement.

Yes, all players should be able to rule their own games. That's the point of being inclusive with cultural content. So that people of other cultures can have their own sandbox game and not a game that's exclusively American, white, middle class culture. The Sims is played worldwide, therefore, requires worldwide representation.

The that cultural content should be optional to download, not required via a patch.
  • Options
    QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member

I really hope a mod comes out and removes cowboy hats. They remind me of the wild wild west where Native Americans (old people, women and children) were forced to leave their home, were killed unarmed, etc. by cowboys.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    I actually would have preferred the "pride content" to be in a downloadable pack, similar to the holiday, guitar, and too large picture frame. That would solve a multitude of complaints, because it would only be downloaded if it was desired content. If history is of any indication, I will be forced to download yet another mod to make my game playable.

Why not just...not use it? Some packs oppose my views but I am not frustrated over them. I use what I want.

It does not and never will fit my gameplay. Do I need to be more blunt?

Then don't play sims 4, simple.

Isn't the all sims games about the player ruling their own game? All these "cultural" and "social" agendas forced via free patches are against that aspect. It no longer is a sandbox style game when those are put in it.

Wow, this is a new level of self-contradiction and you don't even see it in your own statement.

Yes, all players should be able to rule their own games. That's the point of being inclusive with cultural content. So that people of other cultures can have their own sandbox game and not a game that's exclusively American, white, middle class culture. The Sims is played worldwide, therefore, requires worldwide representation.

The that cultural content should be optional to download, not required via a patch.

By this measure, what content is NOT cultural? Everything is part of some culture, including what's all to often called the "normal".
  • Options
    LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member

I really hope a mod comes out and removes cowboy hats. They remind me of the wild wild west where Native Americans (old people, women and children) were forced to leave their home, were killed unarmed, etc. by cowboys.

There weren't any Native American men? Where did the children come from?
  • Options
    EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    Echova wrote: »
    The Sims should always maintain its neutrality and be a blank canvas for simmers to opt into modding what they believe/want in their games. No religion should be included in the game as it’s highly inappropriate and at times triggering to see in game. Especially to those persecuted by religion. This includes not just Islam, but Christianity and Judaism. There is no place for religion in The Sims. If you want it, then mod it in. Do not force it on others as that’s oppressive and not accepting of other peoples’ beliefs.

Yet to segregate and stereotype other cultures is oppressive and ignorant. Why shouldn't people who can't handle certain cultures just mod them out? A simple piece of CAS clothing that was inspired by a Muslim garment is not "religious content". It really isn't. People are triggering themselves.

Except it isn’t just inspired by. It straight up is a Hijab and the devs even state that it is. Therefore it is a religious garment. You can’t argue that it is not, when it in fact is.

And that is problematic. It’s simpler for people to just mod in CC Hijabs than it is forcing questionable content on people who want nothing to do with real world religions and politics.
  • Options
    QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member

There weren't any Native American men? Where did the children come from?

I'm not even American but I know that with the westward movement, Native Americans were forced to flee from their homes to make space for the whites. And there were many massacres. The one at Wounded Knee for example.

But I only brought this up to fight fire with fire.
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    I've removed some comments from this discussion and I'm going to lock it here.

A reminder for everyone to please be respectful and polite when participating in the forums. We are here to discuss the game, not debate about religion, there's no need to be rude or offensive towards other people.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top