Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For those arguing why the Hijab & whatnot are not in a seperate pack:

WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
*sigh* Surprised people have to explain this but here goes:

Are you seriously comparing the amount of content in the Holidays pack to this patch which has "Islamic" (even though, it is more cultural than anything but let's go with how the community is describing it) content which can be counted on your fingers? Are you genuinely convinced that they should make packs for EVERYTHING remotely representative? Because if so, that means the LGBTQ+ content should've had a pack and it didn't and we are all fine with it.

Simple, don't use it. "But BUT BUT TOWNIES WILL BE GENERATED WITH THESE OUTFITS Dx!!!" We don't know that yet, they may have unique tags, so chill.
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Comments

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I actually would have preferred the "pride content" to be in a downloadable pack, similar to the holiday, guitar, and too large picture frame. That would solve a multitude of complaints, because it would only be downloaded if it was desired content. If history is of any indication, I will be forced to download yet another mod to make my game playable.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

Are you seriously comparing the amount of content in the Holidays pack to this patch which has "Islamic" (even though, it is more cultural than anything but let's go with how the community is describing it) content which can be counted on your fingers? Are you genuinely convinced that they should make packs for EVERYTHING remotely representative? Because if so, that means the LGBTQ+ content should've had a pack and it didn't and we are all fine with it.

Simple, don't use it. "But BUT BUT TOWNIES WILL BE GENERATED WITH THESE OUTFITS Dx!!!" We don't know that yet, they may have unique tags, so chill.

actually a lot of people were not fine with the "Pride" stuff people had the same cow people are having other the hijab stuff
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I actually would have preferred the "pride content" to be in a downloadable pack, similar to the holiday, guitar, and too large picture frame. That would solve a multitude of complaints, because it would only be downloaded if it was desired content. If history is of any indication, I will be forced to download yet another mod to make my game playable.

Why not just...not use it? Some packs oppose my views but I am not frustrated over them. I use what I want.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options

Why not just...not use it? Some packs oppose my views but I am not frustrated over them. I use what I want.

It does not and never will fit my gameplay. Do I need to be more blunt?
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »

actually a lot of people were not fine with the "Pride" stuff people had the same cow people are having other the hijab stuff

Which is ridiculous, honestly. Shame though because this community should've been the most open.

No one is forcing anyone to support anything. Just be respectful.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I just hope the townies don‘t wear religious attire, since I don‘t want any religion in my game.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options

Yes but I don't see why people should be forced to download packs and devs have to put in extra resources to prepare a pack just because YOU and others don't want to use something that is *OPTIONAL*. Selfish, huh?

Do you see others crying about mermaids being included in Island Living because they don't like supernatural creatures? No. They just don't play with them.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    So maybe we should get rid of everything from days to months in reaility? the former are mostly either norse Myth or Saturday is from Roman myth. All but two months are named after Roman Myths-which some borrow from Greek ones.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I just hope the townies don‘t wear religious attire, since I don‘t want any religion in my game.

And that's 100% fine. Everyone should be able to pick what is and what is not shown in their save. Religion shouldn't be stuffed down everyone's throats and that's why when the patch rolls out and it appears that the content indeed is shown on generated townies, people should start complaining about it if they are against it.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options

Yes but I don't see why people should be forced to download packs and devs have to put in extra resources to prepare a pack just because YOU and others don't want to use something that is *OPTIONAL*. Selfish, huh?

Do you see others crying about mermaids being included in Island Living because they don't like supernatural creatures? No. They just don't play with them.

Free dlc content should be option to download. You can't compare a paid dlc pack to forced free updates.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    CaqewDI.png
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    They said "muslim inspired" in the stream.

I've always felt that real world/religious/political content should be left to modders. Once it starts getting added officially then you get rampages like this, and some of them are understandable. SimGuruDuke made a big fuss about diversity on GamesIndustry recently and if he meant what he said then more cultural/religious content needs to be coming out too. People who want endless updates with more inclusivity are justified because Duke said The Sims 4 is about inclusivity and diversity in an official article. The article was called "The Joyful Representation Of The Sims". The reality is that this is the path the developers have chosen.

Also the Holiday Pack completely scrubbed all references to Christianity. It renamed Christmas and included no nativity content alongside the Jewish/Diwali content.

I'm a part of the LGBT community and I didn't like the pride patch. Not all LGBT people associate with pride.

I want to know why they're adding this kind of content if discussing it is against forum rules for one thing.

I agree, none of that stuff should've been in the game in the first place but some people are asking for representation and they are providing so we just don't have to use what we don't want to use. It's simple.

Though, I get your view of voicing against any political/religious content being put in *in general* and not directed at a certain party/group. That's 100% fair.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options

Free dlc content should be option to download. You can't compare a paid dlc pack to forced free updates.

My God, what does it matter if it is downloaded or not as long as it isn't visible on your end? That process is simpler for everyone and doesn't harm you if you don't want certain stuff in your game.

Stop being so selfish over a couple of megabytes.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options

My God, what does it matter if it is downloaded or not as long as it isn't visible on your end? That process is simpler for everyone and doesn't harm you if you don't want certain stuff in your game.

the problem here is they don't want the hijab to appear with the crazy outifts townie sometimes have. I mean can you imagine someone wearing the Clown outfit with the hijab?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

the problem here is they don't want the hijab to appear with the crazy outifts townie sometimes have. I mean can you imagine someone wearing the Clown outfit with the hijab?

I already acknowledged that and said we should wait to see if they indeed appear on generated townies or if they have unique tags that prohibit them from appearing unless picked by the simmer themself.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited September 2019
    It's unlikely - although not impossible - that the content will be coded to appear randomly. (While if I actually saw the hijab appear with the clown outfit I would probably laugh myself into a hernia, I would prefer that it didn't.)
  • Options

Not being selfish. I am being practical. Much of the "free" content we recieved has forced me to download multiple mods to make my game playable according to myself. If the past is any indication, those CAS items will randomize on every townie.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

That's what the Townie Fashion Police thread is for ;)
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2019

Or imagine a townie wearing a bikini and a hijab, people would be really offended.

That‘s why townies/ NPCs should never wear religious attire.
    Players should decide themselves if the characters they create should wear it or not.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options

Not being selfish. I am being practical. Much of the "free" content we recieved has forced me to download multiple mods to make my game playable according to myself. If the past is any indication, those CAS items will randomize on every townie.

Then be efficient and complain about them appearing on townies instead of suggesting people should go through hoops themself to get access to content.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    I know a lot of people don't use mods/cc but for those of you that do there is a modder that is making mods for each pack, DLC, ect able to be hidden and not used. You can pick and choose which things you want to hide. This would be a good option for those of you that do use mods and would like to hid this content.

I totally understand some people don't and I'm sorry this isn't helpful to you. I know it's frustrating when you get all kinds of crazy outfits or things you just don't like. Hopefully they are not going to be selected for random. I have nothing against it being added to the game but just like the turbans they just seem to show up on every single Sim.
  • Options
    ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    edited September 2019
    Hope it doesnt sound rude, I just think it's kind of funny. You make a lot of fear-mongery topics (easily viewable by your post history) and that's never an issue, but now you're saying that people should wait and see how something is going to be implemented before complaining about it. Have we had a change of heart, or is it just that we only follow this philosophy when it's in our favor?

I think if people are being vocal about it now it's fine. Because the dev's have never shown that they actually care about what townies are putting on. They already do this with Turbans and those are religious as well. We've complained about the eyeball rings and the situation outfits for years now and nothing has been done about that. If the word doesnt get out before its patched in, then we might end up with random hijabs everywhere that never get fixed.
  • Options

Which is ridiculous, honestly. Shame though because this community should've been the most open.

No one is forcing anyone to support anything. Just be respectful.

Being "open and respectful" doesn't necessarily mean taking everything while sitting down and just shutting up and by the same logic, means that those who aren't happy with it aren't being respectful. If anything, one could argue that it is disrespectful to the people who dislike that kind of content to just shut up and take it.

Many people, including other LGBT members, were not happy with the Pride items and searched for ways to remove them because we disagree with the notion of celebrating distinct differences for no reason (being black, gay, or a woman) and instead, prefer the celebration of being human. Just because a person dislikes Pride content doesn't mean they hate gay people. A gay person, for example, could dislike Pride because they don't want their sexuality to be made a big deal for no reason. Does that mean they hate themselves?

I don't like it because I fail to see the point. Am I disrespectful too?

You took my comment WAY out of context. People should be respectful to others who asked for that content. No one should be forced to accept anything and I repeatedly said that. I don't know for sure if that's the case but weren't the items in the pride patch hidden UNLESS you pick them? If so, then the patch shouldn't be slammed just because others don't like the content because they can just not use it.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top