Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like Neighborhood Brawl Day?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't like it. I wish we could remove it completely so it didn't keep coming up on the calendar.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Neighborhood Brawl Day is terrible!
    Its weird and i dont like it. Very strange event to be promoted.
  • Options
    GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member
    The one really good thing about it is that it's amazing for raising the Conflict Resolution value. The fight doesn't seem to have a negative effect, but making up afterwards still gives a positive boost. It saved my bacon with my runaway teen sim who couldn't get a boost from parental interaction, and was otherwise going to miss hitting a high enough score before she aged up.
    "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Neighborhood Brawl Day is awesome!
    You can delete any holiday entirely. Once you do so it stays deleted in your save unless you add it back. You just have to be sure to catch it before it starts, because you can't delete it in progress, but you can end it early, even as soon as it starts. I personally think it's hilarious. But for those who don't like it it's in your power to eliminate it.
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,430 Member
    I'm indifferent about it, but I always thought of it more as being the Sims' version of Fight Club.
  • Options
    LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    It was funny the first time, but I don't like that it's randomly generated. It always sneaks up on me. I deleted all the randomly generated holidays with a mod. I made a Festivus day and I take a sim with mean traits to this restaurant I have with a mean lot trait where fights happen all the time anyway. Then he gets in his grievances and feats of strength all at once. The problem with the fighting is that it's not over in one fight and you have to fight with three or four different people. It's exhausting,
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I dislike all the pre-made holidays... except for occasional ones (like the season premier of TV shows). But, yeah... I think the brawl thing is a bit too much anyway.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    It doesn't fit my playing style. Like Jesus says, Love Thy Neighbor.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I don't love it or hate it. I guess it's a bit of fun, but it depends on the sim I'm playing whether or not I get them to take part. My infamous vampire mob boss loves it, but for most of my sims it just doesn't suit them.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    This thread is the first I knew of Brawl Day, but I only just got Seasons. But it makes me wish I could create a May Day holiday, which would be like Brawl Day, only....nicer.... so, Neighborhood Woohoo / Try for Baby Day, in which everyone gets to be a Player for a Day. Except with one's own relatives or with anyone underage.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    As others have mentioned, it does not happen enough to annoy me, but without it I would probably never get into fights. Although I now have a Jessica Jones Sim so it could happen more often.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Okay, I just had my first (and last) Neighborhood Brawl Day. Here are 2 of my experiences:

1. My sim and her good friend were sitting on the bed having a very flirty conversation (which is weird because they're both straight with boyfriends, and they've never had a flirty conversation before). Then they got up and hugged, beat the plum out of each other, then hugged again.

2. My sim was out with her boyfriend and trying to make friends with this really tall girl. Out of nowhere, the tall girl just smacked her across the face. The boyfriend, who I thought would be protective, ran in the other direction.

For those of you with Seasons, what are some of your Neighborhood Brawl Day experiences, and do you like or not like this holiday?

I find it annoying. Especially when it comes to couples. I delete the holiday when I see it on my sims' calendars.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I hate it. Not because of the violence but just because it seems such a weird holiday lol pretty silly to me.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Posts: 12 New Member
    Mostly I hate it, because the majority of my sims want to make love, not war. It isn't crazy pervasive, but it is annoying to get a bad holiday moodlet afterwards for a holiday I don't want to participate in. And unlike most holidays, this one will pop up again after you delete it. It usually sneaks up on me because I don't look at the calendar all that often.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sims don't autonomously brawl on this day anymore.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I wish I could permanently remove it.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    This one and talk like a pirate could disappear from my game and i'ld be happy :smiley: if someone knows of a mod that does that please let me know.
  • Options
    FunnyCidesFunnyCides Posts: 107 Member
    edited June 2020
    I'm not a fan of it because I find it rather pointless. My Sims aren't the kind to go around picking fights.

I dislike prank day too since the last prank day Ashton Bundy killed one of my teens by pulling my Sim underwater as a prank while out diving for seashells and treasure.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I really really dislike the holiday mechanic of "do thing 3 times". It becomes repetitive and meaningless.

I probably would have less qualms with it if one fight was enough. Not thrilled, but it could be manageable and even fun on occasion.
  • Options
    CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
    I think I only liked it for my evil sim when I first created him I decided to try it. Other than that, its the only event I skip now as well as night on the town and the love day thing unless I'm already living with a sim that I'm romantically involved with or close to it already.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,356 Member
    I do not have Seasons, but I don't think I would like such a holiday. It's too random.

Now the Roughhousing encouraged NAP, that one I enjoy a lot, because it goes towards adding character to a neighborhood. I saw to it coming into effect in the San Myshuno Art District, where the Mischief festival takes place and where I placed my police station (formerly Kasbah Art Gallery).
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I'll take any opportunity to get festive >:)
  • Options
    AspensongAspensong Posts: 106 Member
    I usually remove it but it can be useful if I'm running evil sims.
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks, this has been bumped a few times since it was originally created so I'm closing this out to limit further necroposts. Thanks.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top