Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like Neighborhood Brawl Day?

QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
Okay, I just had my first (and last) Neighborhood Brawl Day. Here are 2 of my experiences:

1. My sim and her good friend were sitting on the bed having a very flirty conversation (which is weird because they're both straight with boyfriends, and they've never had a flirty conversation before). Then they got up and hugged, beat the plum out of each other, then hugged again.

2. My sim was out with her boyfriend and trying to make friends with this really tall girl. Out of nowhere, the tall girl just smacked her across the face. The boyfriend, who I thought would be protective, ran in the other direction.

For those of you with Seasons, what are some of your Neighborhood Brawl Day experiences, and do you like or not like this holiday?
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Do you like Neighborhood Brawl Day? 264 votes

Neighborhood Brawl Day is awesome!
29%
bshag4lvLaBlue0314IceyJBlkBarbiegalaelias24TWSimGamer82JueJueTheSpotted_CsennawalesBloosmoocornflake88cchant86Bagoas77MindofykeenowJennyggHestiaPotbelijotaydevphantasmkiss 79 votes
Neighborhood Brawl Day is terrible!
70%
auroraael14vancanuckfan86catmom1987Kita5399Icewolfgrevilliabluejeepjeepcatalexspoom13alan650111Simmervilledreamergrl84storyysims2freak737AlexaiPlayerSinger2010StormkeepSleepycatDSLsimlish1Writin_RegAlrynn 185 votes

Comments

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    It makes me laugh. Once a had a sim go to the club to beat everyone up and one time I had the Vatore(sp) siblings fight each other. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I'm indifferent to it. It was cute the first time it happened. By now it's just like, whatever. Thankfully it's rare enough that I haven't really felt annoyed or bothered by it.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Yeah, I'm indifferent. I fun sometimes cause it allow me to have my sims beat each other up with no negative repercussions but I can do without.
  • ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
    No, I delete it every time I see it. I'm playing a single mom raising many children. Violence is something she is trying to teach them NOT to engage in!
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I delete all the game-generated holidays as I see them as not worth my time.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Its not terrible, but I don't like it. It was funny the first time.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    In between. I don't love it, but I do think it's kind of funny sometimes when my sims randomly start fighting because of Neighborhood Brawl day.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    It’s never shown up for me. Got to thinking they might’ve taken it out of the game, but I guess it’s just a rare holiday. Do relationships go down when they fight? I’d find it annoying if that was the case.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I feel pretty neutral about it, more on the positive side though. It's quite different and could be fun to play out properly.
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    It’s never shown up for me. Got to thinking they might’ve taken it out of the game, but I guess it’s just a rare holiday. Do relationships go down when they fight? I’d find it annoying if that was the case.

because it's a holiday no negative reactions happen - friendship and romance don't fall if 2 sims brawl
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    It got a good laugh out of me!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    What I hate are the alien and bead themed nights. That’s what I hate. It’s the reason I avoid going to bars.

This I’m not in love with but it’s just one day and doesn’t happen too often in my game. The other is every week :/
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    All I know is - don't run the restaurant on that day. The customers were constantly getting up to react to sims fighting
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I’m indifferent. I find it a bit annoying because I can never find time to have my sims fight as many times as is needed to fulfil the goal, so they get sad that they failed a holiday.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    Not a fan. Not a fan of of people that like to start fights or are physically argumentative IRL, and though in the sims the bad, mean, grouchy ones are entertaining...having a holiday which actually celebrates the behaviour is going a bit too far for my taste.

I use a mod that disables both brawl day and and prank day, replacing them with extra skill days. I don't actually have a problem with the mischief tradition, but a holiday where that is the only thing is silly. I added mischief onto Halloween in my game, that is the 'trick' in trick or treat, after all.

I honestly don't understand what the devs where thinking when they added the holidays that we cannot change. Like giving your players control over some but not all of the holidays in a sandbox game makes a lot of sense?
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    I kind of like it, just because it's pretty funny to see people have friendly dust-ups around the neighborhood.

But I don't like how the game doesn't tailor reactions to these fake fights.
    Like parents get angry at their teenage child getting into a fight, even though it's part of the holiday.

And with Get Famous, it's even worse!
    You'll get negative rep because people think you're violent, if you take part in neighborhood brawl in public!

It's friendly fighting, I swear!
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I don't mind it, but I dislike that, like all traditions, I have to do the thing 3 times to validate it. That's annoying.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I’ve only had it once, but I absolutely LOVE Neighbourhood Brawl. It’s entertaining and funny! Hands down my favourite random holiday in Seasons.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    No - I don't like Brawl day or prank day - at all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    I didn't participate in the vote as I've never participated. In fact, I may have removed it from the calendar. Too much drama in RL for me to even begin to see that as a 'good time'. :open_mouth: Glad some of you enjoy it, though, and that's why I would never campaign against something in the game that I can just as easily avoid. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited December 2018
    I do like the holiday, but word to the wise best to not go to a restaurant when the holiday comes. Your sim won't get the chance to eat I had to order at least three times and one of the restaurant goers died of starvation. :#

It's funny when fights break out in the nightclub or a bar.

I only see this holiday once every two calendar months usually.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Not a fan. Not a fan of of people that like to start fights or are physically argumentative IRL, and though in the sims the bad, mean, grouchy ones are entertaining...having a holiday which actually celebrates the behaviour is going a bit too far for my taste.

I use a mod that disables both brawl day and and prank day, replacing them with extra skill days. I don't actually have a problem with the mischief tradition, but a holiday where that is the only thing is silly. I added mischief onto Halloween in my game, that is the 'trick' in trick or treat, after all.

I honestly don't understand what the devs where thinking when they added the holidays that we cannot change. Like giving your players control over some but not all of the holidays in a sandbox game makes a lot of sense?

I need thatmod -- Prank Day is fine for my goofball Sims but most of my Sims don't really fit that profile. Link please?

I got turned off to Brawl Day when my Sim beat up his wife -- maybe it's me because I've had friends harmed by domestic violence (one was abused so much she committed suicide :'( ) but it just doesn't strike me as funny. Maybe if they tuned it to exempt family members/romantic partners I could see a bit more humor in it.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Haven't experienced it yet but this made me laugh out loud. :p
    The boyfriend, who I thought would be protective, ran in the other direction.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I need thatmod -- Prank Day is fine for my goofball Sims but most of my Sims don't really fit that profile. Link please?

I got turned off to Brawl Day when my Sim beat up his wife -- maybe it's me because I've had friends harmed by domestic violence (one was abused so much she committed suicide :'( ) but it just doesn't strike me as funny. Maybe if they tuned it to exempt family members/romantic partners I could see a bit more humor in it.

Glad someone else totally gets why I don't like the celebration of violence. The mod is located here: https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-jahreszeiten/ Scroll down to the mod "Skill Day tweak"; that's the one you want.

Hope you enjoy it! <3

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top