Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let Sims wear their assigned CAS outfits instead of weird situational ones, please

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Can we all vote to turn off the festivals & strange tourist outfits PLEASE!!!
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I have to admit that I would love to turn off situational outfits. There's an option in MCCC that is supposed to do that but it keeps happening in my current save regardless. I would love to have the option to turn off the situational outfits and possibly festivals in specific saves. I'm not using San Myshuno in my current save at all. The game is putting generated sims in the apartments but I am not allowing played sims to go there at all.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi @Mariefoxprice83

I have only used the MC mod once ages ago but this silly clothing situation is now getting out of hand so I am wondering if can you advise me if there is a way using the MC mod to stop sims turning up anywhere with items of EA clothing and headwear I don't want them to wear ever (not CC as I don't use CC) it's just EA's own CAS stuff that's doing my head in and their ridiculous combinations.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    ... I enjoy the weird situational outfits ... (hides)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    ... I enjoy the weird situational outfits ... (hides)

Lol you don't have to hide everybody is different :)
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I would have thought by now they would have resolved this. I turned on my game last night for the first time in weeks and I had sims wearing masks, bathing suits, long socks and boots at the spice festival. That and llama heads with eyeball rings, gloves and socks and sandals.

• Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    This is the absolute worst. I hate seeing my sims who I dressed with care out in public looking as though they got dressed in the dark.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Hi @Mariefoxprice83

I have only used the MC mod once ages ago but this silly clothing situation is now getting out of hand so I am wondering if can you advise me if there is a way using the MC mod to stop sims turning up anywhere with items of EA clothing and headwear I don't want them to wear ever (not CC as I don't use CC) it's just EA's own CAS stuff that's doing my head in and their ridiculous combinations.

Honestly, I am not very impressed with that particular function of the mod. I found that when you have a lot of packs, there are so many possible outfit combinations because the mod counts each swatch as separate. It's probably fine if you only want to stop sims wearing a handful of items but I was using it to put sims in a very limited section of outfits and it just didn't work that well.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    Wait...this thread was actually started in 2017 and they STILL haven't fixed this?
  • Options
    @Mariefoxprice83

Thank you for responding I suspected something like this but was not sure I just wish it would get fixed it's one of the most annoying issues ever and that's saying something when thinking about all the rest too :)
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Ugh I'm here to say how much I hate this. :#
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    edited September 2019

Heyhey, OP here. You can use MCCC to blacklist certain items such as hats, glasses, etc. etc. Here's a documentation page on the module: https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_dresser

It can be a bit tricky (and daunting!) to understand, though, so you can also head on over to MCCC's Discord page and ask for some help over there... their support team will gladly help you! Just type in MC Command Center Discord on Google and you should get an invite link. :blush:

Reading the other responses through now and yeah, it is a bit plum that you have to select each swatch separately so it's better to use for blacklisting certain items, but at least it will rid you from some of the ridiculous hats, glasses, eyeball ring accessoires Sims apparently like to wear. :sweat_smile: I honestly just click MCCC on Sims who don't look the way I want them, then go to MC Dresser and change their outfit to their normal assigned outfits. It's not too much trouble for me.

If you're experiencing issues with the situational outfits at festivals, MCCC does offer a fix for that where you can force them to wear their assigned outfits. Unfortunately that feature's only there for festivals.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    I would like the ability to disable outfits but putting them into a new category which would stop them from appearing on randomly generated sims. I agree with those people who have said in various threads that the accessories are the worst culprit. One of my bugbears is glasses on sleepwear.
  • Options
    Firande wrote: »

Heyhey, OP here. You can use MCCC to blacklist certain items such as hats, glasses, etc. etc. Here's a documentation page on the module: https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_dresser

It can be a bit tricky (and daunting!) to understand, though, so you can also head on over to MCCC's Discord page and ask for some help over there... their support team will gladly help you! Just type in MC Command Center Discord on Google and you should get an invite link. :blush:

Reading the other responses through now and yeah, it is a bit plum that you have to select each swatch separately so it's better to use for blacklisting certain items, but at least it will rid you from some of the ridiculous hats, glasses, eyeball ring accessoires Sims apparently like to wear. :sweat_smile: I honestly just click MCCC on Sims who don't look the way I want them, then go to MC Dresser and change their outfit to their normal assigned outfits. It's not too much trouble for me.

If you're experiencing issues with the situational outfits at festivals, MCCC does offer a fix for that where you can force them to wear their assigned outfits. Unfortunately that feature's only there for festivals.

Thank you I need to get my thinking cap on and try do something so it means me doing some reading and finding out what I need/can do. Festivals don't bother me so much because it's kind of a temporary situation it's when I send my sims out somewhere and am just bombarded with icky looking ridiculous outfits on sims everywhere I mean if it was just a couple of sims fine but it's like all sorts of wardrobe issues are getting borked everywhere. I don't play 4 so much but have spurts and when we got the new tropical world I was ecstatic until I forgot about the alien bar nights and the world was/is still overrun with aliens in alien garb (not even their normal clothes) that I could not even find in the household section of the game to remove and it ruined everything for me in that world. My next move was going to try finding a mod where my vamps could kill so I could send them over to the world and kill them all on sight and believe me I hate doing this I have hardly ever done this all the years I have been simming but my frustration with this sort of limitation and lack of control/choice we appear to have in this iteration of the game is sending my feelings into nuclear overdrive lol :)
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    I really do wish they would finally fix this problem as I tend to take a lot of time in picking out my Sims and random Sims outfits to wear. Yet, they continue to show up at festivals looking outrageous. Worse than that. If I haven't played one of my own Sims for a minute, they also show up on their lot wearing a crazy outfit that is not among their many outfits I put together. I wonder if they will ever fix this and I really don't want to depend of finding a mod for this issue. Especially, considering how much they charge for this game and packs.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Firande wrote: »

Thank you I need to get my thinking cap on and try do something so it means me doing some reading and finding out what I need/can do. Festivals don't bother me so much because it's kind of a temporary situation it's when I send my sims out somewhere and am just bombarded with icky looking ridiculous outfits on sims everywhere I mean if it was just a couple of sims fine but it's like all sorts of wardrobe issues are getting borked everywhere. I don't play 4 so much but have spurts and when we got the new tropical world I was ecstatic until I forgot about the alien bar nights and the world was/is still overrun with aliens in alien garb (not even their normal clothes) that I could not even find in the household section of the game to remove and it ruined everything for me in that world. My next move was going to try finding a mod where my vamps could kill so I could send them over to the world and kill them all on sight and believe me I hate doing this I have hardly ever done this all the years I have been simming but my frustration with this sort of limitation and lack of control/choice we appear to have in this iteration of the game is sending my feelings into nuclear overdrive lol :)

That problem is a little easier to solve.

If you're not averse to using mods and you want to get rid of the weird 'nights' at the bar, it can be done with MCCC. There are also individual mods out there that will stop certain bar events that you don't like. I don't remember them offhand. A google search will set you up with the proper mod, just make sure that they're properly updated.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited September 2019
    AmaraRena wrote: »
    Wait...this thread was actually started in 2017 and they STILL haven't fixed this?

No they have not. They think that it is good enough and keep adding situational outfits while they are openly ignoring it. I have posted about this on Answer HQ, provided them with unmodded saves. Nothing.

I do not think they even want to try and fix them.
  • Options
    @Cynna

Thank you :)

When I get the time i am going to sit down with this mod and see what i can do I figure I am used to Nrass mods so i can surely try harder to learn MCC and although I did try this mod once before a long time ago I thought at the time it was too big a mod for my personal game-play it appears now is the time to bring it back-)

While we are on this subject is there anyway using this mod to bar certain sims from a whole world completely for example no vampires, aliens and anything else i don't want in my Sulani world?
  • Options
    @Cynna

Thank you :)

When I get the time i am going to sit down with this mod and see what i can do I figure I am used to Nrass mods so i can surely try harder to learn MCC and although I did try this mod once before a long time ago I thought at the time it was too big a mod for my personal game-play it appears now is the time to bring it back-)

While we are on this subject is there anyway using this mod to bar certain sims from a whole world completely for example no vampires, aliens and anything else i don't want in my Sulani world?

I'm happy to help.

If you used Nraas, MCCC shouldn't be too hard for you to master. For more general options, click on any in-game computer and work your way through the options, most are self-explanatory. For more Sim-specific options, click on any Sim and do the same. You'll find that the program is quite powerful.

As for your question: hmm, I haven't truly played in live mode for quite some time. As far as I know, there isn't an option in MCCC to bar specific Sims from certain worlds. You've piqued my curiosity about that. I'll have to check when I have the time.

If you want to get rid of occults altogether, that's easier. Click on any mailbox. Then Click MC Cheats ---> Humanize all Vampires or Humanize all Aliens. The Sims will remain in-game, only their occult trait will be removed. Unfortunately, TS4 does what it wants, so the game will spawn more vampires over time. You will need to make de-fanging Sims part of your regular routine.

Good luck! :)

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    @Cynna

I have just downloaded the mod and am thinking of waiting until ROM is downloaded to see if there are any issues with that before adding the mod however I think I got confused thinking about another post where a player another stated " I set mccc to force aliens into human disguise" so I think this is what I remembered which is the same as you have outlined above but I so long for something I can control the sims population world by world and if you ever find anything like that please drop me a line :)
  • Options
    @Cynna

I have just downloaded the mod and am thinking of waiting until ROM is downloaded to see if there are any issues with that before adding the mod however I think I got confused thinking about another post where a player another stated " I set mccc to force aliens into human disguise" so I think this is what I remembered which is the same as you have outlined above but I so long for something I can control the sims population world by world and if you ever find anything like that please drop me a line :)

You and I both. I would have loved that. It's strange to see the same Sims in every world, no matter when or what the player Sim is doing. Oh well.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    A thousand times yes. END SITUATIONAL OUTFITS PLEASE. I'm sure if you'd do a poll, less than 50% of players want it in their game.
    Or add an option in the game menu *Enable/disable situational outfits and done. I'd be over the moon.
  • Options
    GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    Please let them wwar assigned outfits and stop with the ridiculous random outfits showing up on my sims.
  • Options
    chesterwolfbergchesterwolfberg Posts: 20 Member

I am not liking the mother of my sim showing up at the house to visit grandchildren in a Knights helmet just because three days Prior I agreed to go with another friend to Night of Knights event at the Bar.... just, well, stupid

"Daddy I'm scarred, that scarry knight is saying she's grandma but speaking though a metal wind tunnel"

EA, please fix, please... please... please... please... oh its only 12 pages of complaints, why should you listion right?

Echo's the sound of silance...

• Options
    chesterwolfbergchesterwolfberg Posts: 20 Member
    and no, I don't have mods,, I don't do mods, and I don't like the people saying I should download a mod to fix something EA should fix...