March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let Sims wear their assigned CAS outfits instead of weird situational ones, please

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    @SimGuruNeel Please make it happen!!! And thank you for working on it for us. It really means a lot!
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Testing a fix for Sims that show up to the nightclub to change into their party outfits, instead of randomizing a new outfit.

y6njj4sxy4up.png

Yes!!! Now can ya’ll release this like...tomorrow? Lol
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    I've been trying to fix it by playing around with the game files. I haven't had any luck. The "club dancer" role that the game draws on, to, well, make nightclub dancers, is set up to wear "situation" clothing, and to generate it on the fly. This translates to "wear random outfits".

I tried changing it to work more like a wedding guest (who ONLY wears formalwear), by specifying specifically that I wanted them to wear their party outfits. Nothing changed, they still wore random plum. Then I tried just outright taking an older version of the club dancer, and pasting that directly into the game, as that version didn't have anything about situational clothing. Nothing changed.
    From what I have on hand, it looks like situationJob_ClubGoDancing_NPC_Dancer was changed with the pets patch, adding in this goofy nonsense. Maybe not the only one, but I thought I'd look upon reading your post.

It added this part:
      <V n="job_uniform" t="uniform_specified">
        <U n="uniform_specified">
          <E n="outfit_change_priority">Medium</E>
          <E n="outfit_change_reason">Situation</E>
          <V n="situation_outfit_generators" t="enabled">
            <L n="enabled">
              <U>
                <T n="generator">160215<!--Outfit: outfit_Outfit_Category_Party--></T>
              </U>
            </L>
          </V>
        </U>
      </V>

outfit_Outfit_Category_Party (the part referenced in the addition) was also tweaked, from the look of it, changing it from a file with basically no outfit part limitations to having a few (like face paint, earrings, gloves, and necklace).

It looks like prior to that, the only thing that used outfit_Outfit_Category_Party was job_Venue_ArtsCenter_PartyViewer (from City Living -- best guess off-hand being that since it was an Arts Center, they figured it'd make sense to have some kooky dress going on).

The part that has me scratching my head is why. Why change a role like that almost two years later, in a way that, as far as I can tell, no one asked for?

Only explanation I can think of that doesn't involve thinking less of their decision-making capabilities is if someone was instructed to add in the outfit category setup for roles like that...

Like the one for job_barfly_lounge:
      <V t="uniform_specified" n="job_uniform">
          <E n="outfit_change_priority">Low</E>
          <E n="outfit_change_reason">Category_Party</E>
          <T n="playable_sims_change_outfits">False</T>
        </U>
      </V>

(so that people at clubs would wear CAS party outfit)

...and maybe they added the wrong thing, thinking they were supposed to set up a randomized outfit instead. They do both reference something to do with the party outfit, so I could see where it might have been a miscommunication, especially if the person being asked wasn't familiar with that part of the code.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
    @Triplis I don't understand coding at all, but in your opinion, does this look like an easy fix?
  • sidney216sidney216 Posts: 127 Member
    I just want to be thankful that someone is at least taking the time to look at this issue. Can't say that much for some other games.

From the other side I suppose we can look as whiny kids but it's really because it's a feature that wasn't there and like a lot of people said here, is not needed except in some very specific situation.
    1522086871-legatelanius.gif
    fullspiral wrote: »
    @Triplis I don't understand coding at all, but in your opinion, does this look like an easy fix?
    If I'm understanding correctly the extent of what was changed, then I would say yes, it should be super easy to change (in theory). I did a quick check today and as far as I can tell, there are only two files that reference the randomized party outfit post-patch, other than the arts center one from CL that also referenced it prior to the patch, and that's situationJob_ClubGoDancing_NPC_Dancer and jobs_Venue_Nightclub_NPC_Dancer (both to do with nightclubs).

So easy as in, only two files need to be changed. I have not attempted any kind of change myself, so I'm not 100% sure.

What @kwanzaabot said about trying a couple things does give me some doubt as to whether it's as simple as it appears. But perhaps he only changed one of the 'job' files out of two and that's why it didn't seem to work.
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    sidney216 wrote: »
    From the other side I suppose we can look as whiny kids but it's really because it's a feature that wasn't there and like a lot of people said here, is not needed except in some very specific situation.
    to be honest, for a while i did think we could sound whiny, as well. but then i thought: i happen to use my game to unwind and relax and try to take my mind elsewhere. i didn't want this issue to... hinder my imagination. so it wasn't that unreasonable a request, right?
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    fewlines wrote: »
    sidney216 wrote: »
    to be honest, for a while i did think we could sound whiny, as well. but then i thought: i happen to use my game to unwind and relax and try to take my mind elsewhere. i didn't want this issue to... hinder my imagination. so it wasn't that unreasonable a request, right?

We don't sound whiny, this is what forums are for. People who comment under literally every piece of sims info on the internet with "OMGZ GIVE US SEASONS ALREADY" are whiny. Here we provide feedback. I hate this mentality that asking for something automatically equals whining, like come on. If we're just a whiny mess here they might as well delete the entire forum.
    good point, @agustd. (it was just my opinion, though--please don't hate on me.)
    i think i was just... you know, overthinking. for example, about the devs going, "but these people are never happy with what they get!" when this was indeed about feedback. and also, everybody was very respectful and insightful.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    fewlines wrote: »
    good point, @agustd. (it was just my opinion, though--please don't hate on me.)
    i think i was just... you know, overthinking. for example, about the devs going, "but these people are never happy with what they get!" when this was indeed about feedback. and also, everybody was very respectful and insightful.

I'm sorry if I sounded rude, wasn't my intention :( Yes, exactly. I realize there is no feature in this game everyone's 100% content with, but see, the fact that you even though about the possibility of people here including gurus viewing us as whiny and pathetic just tells a lot about this community. I'm genuinely surprised no one showed up here to tell us to calm down and get over it. Like, really shocked.

Luckily the new full version of MCCC should be out at the end of this month, and now we've got hope next patch will bring an official fix to this :)
    thank you for saying that, @agustd. i do know you just didn't agree about that bit. ;)

i'm not sure that i was expecting a post that told us to get over it. just thinking... that perhaps the devs (or other people who don't care about personalised outfits, which is a view i respect, of course) would have simply marked this off as a minor issue. and/or since it has been said that part of this was "by design", maybe they would all think we should... you know, go with it.

i also hope that the upcoming patch will fix it!
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    If I'm understanding correctly the extent of what was changed, then I would say yes, it should be super easy to change (in theory). I did a quick check today and as far as I can tell, there are only two files that reference the randomized party outfit post-patch, other than the arts center one from CL that also referenced it prior to the patch, and that's situationJob_ClubGoDancing_NPC_Dancer and jobs_Venue_Nightclub_NPC_Dancer (both to do with nightclubs).

So easy as in, only two files need to be changed. I have not attempted any kind of change myself, so I'm not 100% sure.

What @kwanzaabot said about trying a couple things does give me some doubt as to whether it's as simple as it appears. But perhaps he only changed one of the 'job' files out of two and that's why it didn't seem to work.

You're right, I did only change " jobs_Venue_Nightclub_NPC_Dancer".

I can't even find "situationJob_ClubGoDancing_NPC_Dancer". :/
    It's a Situation_job file, yeah? These are all I have with "dance" or "dancing" in the text:

U1ZUvvw.png

wJbomAo.png
    You're right, I did only change " jobs_Venue_Nightclub_NPC_Dancer".

I can't even find "situationJob_ClubGoDancing_NPC_Dancer". :/
    It's a Situation_job file, yeah? These are all I have with "dance" or "dancing" in the text:
    Yeah, it is. I use Scumbumbo's XML extractor tool to get all the files in organized folders and then I search through them that way. Might be something about the tool you're using is out of date or missing a step somewhere.

If you want to just copy/paste and make a copy of it that way, here's the contents of the file:

And its ID on the outside is: S4_9C07855F_00000009_000000000001E104
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <I c="SituationJob" i="situation_job" m="situations.situation_job" n="situationJob_ClubGoDancing_NPC_Dancer" s="123140">
      <T n="can_be_hired">False</T>
      <L n="commodities">
        <V t="statistic_set_in_range">
          <U n="statistic_set_in_range">
            <T n="lower_bound">75</T>
            <T n="stat">16652<!--Commodity: motive_Bladder--></T>
            <T n="upper_bound">100</T>
          </U>
        </V>
            <T n="stat">16654<!--Commodity: motive_Energy--></T>
          </U>
        </V>
            <T n="stat">16655<!--Commodity: motive_Fun--></T>
          </U>
        </V>
            <T n="stat">16656<!--Commodity: motive_Hunger--></T>
          </U>
        </V>
            <T n="stat">16657<!--Commodity: motive_Hygiene--></T>
          </U>
        </V>
        <V t="statistic_set_max">
          <U n="statistic_set_max">
            <T n="stat">16658<!--Commodity: motive_Social--></T>
          </U>
        </V>
      </L>
      <T n="filter">128201<!--TunableSimFilter: filter_Entertainer_Dancer_skilled--></T>
      <T n="goal_scoring">10</T>
      <V n="job_uniform" t="uniform_specified">
          <E n="outfit_change_priority">Medium</E>
          <E n="outfit_change_reason">Situation</E>
          <V n="situation_outfit_generators" t="enabled">
            <L n="enabled">
              <U>
                <T n="generator">160215<!--Outfit: outfit_Outfit_Category_Party--></T>
              </U>
            </L>
          </V>
        </U>
      </V>
      <U n="sim_auto_invite">
        <T n="lower_bound">1</T>
        <T n="upper_bound">1</T>
      </U>
      <L n="sim_spawner_tags">
        <E>Spawn_VisitorArrival</E>
      </L>
      <U n="tooltip_name_text_tokens">
        <L n="tokens">
          <V t="participant_type" />
        </L>
      </U>
    </I>

LSt.gif

I've done some preliminary testing, and it looks like I've fixed this problem. (Thanks, Triplis)

Download it here!
    wJbomAo.png
    LSt.gif

I've done some preliminary testing, and it looks like I've fixed this problem. (Thanks, Triplis)

Download it here!
    Awesome! Nice work. :)

Glad I could be of help.
  • estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    LSt.gif

Download it here!

Just want to know this is an unofficial fix right? Just until they patch this? Ty for the effort. :D
    LSt.gif

Download it here!

You sir, or madam, are a game saver! TY! Still hope it's officially fixed but this is a must have mod until that happens. <3
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    @Triplis @kwanzaabot Thank you so much, guys! You just saved my game. :blush:
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
    edited November 2017
    Update: so I was just brutally reminded of just how invasive this bug is when my Sim attended a freakin' wedding in the hideous clown-like outfit forced on him when he made the bad choice of visiting a nightclub while unplayed. So apparently, these situational outfits also override other outfits assigned to them. He should've showed up in his formal outfit like the rests of the guests, but instead he showed up like that. Ugh. Am so grateful, though, to @Triplis and @kwanzaabot for coming with a fix and to @SimGuruNeel for working on an official fix. It really is much-needed! If it only happened at nightclubs I'd be properly annoyed but it wouldn't exactly break the game for me, but the fact that Sims can't seem to lose these outfits afterwards is just intolerable for me lol. Am so glad that I have MCCC so I could immediately change that outfit to something decent and not have the wedding ruined - since he's an important Sim of mine and this was his ex-girlfriend's and childhood friend's wedding and I like to take screenshots for storytelling purposes, as dramatic as it sounds this really could have ruined the entire wedding for me. :sweat_smile:

Edit: here's the picture. He seems to be as unhappy about this as I was when I saw it lol. "Am I really still stuck with this outfit?!" The poorly dressed dude in the back seems to be having similar thoughts. :joy:
    5Oso7tn.png

fgQIHTb.png
    @lottevdbrug I'm wondering too if it has something to do with the t-shirts and things that they "win" at festivals. Somehow, my sim won one at geekcon and that overrode her everyday shirt and became her default.

It shouldn't. Something like that should go in to their inventory like the snowglobes and other things. And then it should be up to us if we want them to wear it....
    @lottevdbrug I'm wondering too if it has something to do with the t-shirts and things that they "win" at festivals. Somehow, my sim won one at geekcon and that overrode her everyday shirt and became her default.

It shouldn't. Something like that should go in to their inventory like the snowglobes and other things. And then it should be up to us if we want them to wear it....

Oh, yeah I had that issue too! Bought a shirt at GeekCon for my teen Sim and it overrode his everyday outfits too. I was still quite new to the game back then and I thought it had actually completely replaced the everyday outfit I assigned to him.
    5GvS0aA.png
    I guess it's just a coincidence that every screenshot I have of situational outfits show Tense Sims wearing them but God does it fit well. :joy:

fgQIHTb.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Wow, the fashions I've seen hear are so egregious it's really making me cringe. My games don't have it as bad; is it because I don't have many stuff packs or mods or cc? They still do show up with stupid hats paired with shades and clothes they'd never wear together.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    Update: so I was just brutally reminded of just how invasive this bug is when my Sim attended a freakin' wedding in the hideous clown-like outfit forced on him when he made the bad choice of visiting a nightclub while unplayed. So apparently, these situational outfits also override other outfits assigned to them. He should've showed up in his formal outfit like the rests of the guests, but instead he showed up like that. Ugh. Am so grateful, though, to @Triplis and @kwanzaabot for coming with a fix and to @SimGuruNeel for working on an official fix. It really is much-needed! If it only happened at nightclubs I'd be properly annoyed but it wouldn't exactly break the game for me, but the fact that Sims can't seem to lose these outfits afterwards is just intolerable for me lol. Am so glad that I have MCCC so I could immediately change that outfit to something decent and not have the wedding ruined - since he's an important Sim of mine and this was his ex-girlfriend's and childhood friend's wedding and I like to take screenshots for storytelling purposes, as dramatic as it sounds this really could have ruined the entire wedding for me. :sweat_smile:

Edit: here's the picture. He seems to be as unhappy about this as I was when I saw it lol. "Am I really still stuck with this outfit?!" The poorly dressed dude in the back seems to be having similar thoughts. :joy:
    5Oso7tn.png

Oh.

Great.

So it affects weddings, too? Can everyone start compiling a list of any other events the bug overrides?
    wJbomAo.png
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Thanks @kwanzaabot for the mod! Truly awesome! Unfortunately for me though, once I added it, sims started flipping the tv channels in the bar like crazy *sigh*. Probably interfering with another mod I have or something, I'm not sure.
    Finally had a chance to get out using @kwanzaabot 's mod!

My sims! They look normal!

1nr4F65.png

Q59DvdE.png

I'm even okay that Lance went out in one of his stage costumes! ( because it's a dam sight better than what the game was putting him in!)

4cHHMcv.png

And Frank! Yay! He's his old self again!

A0Jnqj0.png

Just a couple of my sims came out in their underwear, but even THAT is better than how it's currently programed in the game!

WMaB4hd.png