Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you live through yours or play fictionally?

I think that is a word lol.

I tend to play both ways honestly. I have times where I play with a sim and want to live out dreams I can't, but I tend to do more of the second than the first.
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Fictional all the way.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I tell fictional stories. I have no interest in living vicariously through my sims.
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    Both.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    A bit of both
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Both. For the sims I live through, I have one who lives in a cozy house in Brindleton Bay with a rescue dog and rescue cat. She paints and gardens, and they have a nice, quiet life. Another moved to a high rise apartment in the city (I’ve always wanted to live in a high rise), became a doctor, dated a lot, and found the man of her dreams.

For fictional, anything could happen from the mundane to being caught having an affair. Sometimes with my fictional sims, I’ll even just pick a member of a house and live a day in their shoes, so I kind of do both at the same time occasionally.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    fictional
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Fictional, though my Sims are usually the opposite of me in a lot of ways.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Both, in the sense that I live through my Sims in a fictional, fantastical world, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    barkBotbarkBot Posts: 16 Member
    Depending on my mood, I either like to play as vanilla as possible or I give my sims the most fantastical, luxurious life I can.

I definitely don't live through my sims though, one of my favorite things is building a character for my sims as they live their life on my screen! Generally, I go in with some sort of character in mind, and set their life up around it. Some of my sims are definitely more spoiled than others, lol.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I play with the things I wanna do in the game. I like science but even in real life the idea of me being a doctor is a fiction lol
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Fictional completionist style I'd say.
    I create Sims and households that focus on one theme/aspect of the game and make them learn/do/explore everything there is about it.
    But I guess there's always some self-insert in most of them :)
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Both, in the way that I play with real people (friends, family, myself) in fictional settings. My simself is a pretty, successful writer who lives in a beautiful house in a beautiful neighbourhood with the man of her dreams. Real me is a grumpy loser who has none of all that and uses a life-simulating video game to pretend otherwise.

I also have completely fictional families, though. With 40 played households, not all of them can be me.
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Morkovka wrote: »
    Fictional completionist style I'd say.
    I create Sims and households that focus on one theme/aspect of the game and make them learn/do/explore everything there is about it.
    But I guess there's always some self-insert in most of them :)

Same here. I tend to go towards the things I like irl (arts and crafts and laid back lifestyle), but sometimes surprise myself with an ambitious businessman/-woman with a hectic lifestyle hehe.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I have a huge rotation and every family is different. I relate my play more like playing with barbies when I was younger. It is mostly fictional, each sim/ family has a story. But I guess in some instances I live out fantasies too, like being an archeologist.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Fictional all the way. I play the Sims to get away from real life.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited July 2019
    I have always enjoyed creating fictional stories and characters. The Sims is a way for me to bring these to 'life'. I suppose there is always a part of me in my characters, particularly my favourites, but I don't have any interest in actually playing out my dream life.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Always fictional.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    As my oldest son often says: "A little of Column A, a little of Column B." I love to sing, for instance, but my voice isn't what I'd like it to be. So, I'm living somewhat vicariously through my Rock Star. He's a totally fictional character I created for my mini-series, as a bit of background for my O/C, giving her a family. I was only able to make a minor mention of his musical aspirations in the context of the story, so now, I'm getting a chance to show it.

As for another bit of fictional play, I won't kill off my sixth great-grandmother. She died young, 33, after the birth of her tenth child. Bad enough I wrote about it in my latest novel. I was going to include the second wife in my gameplay, but I just can't do that to Sarah Jane. She helped shape my sixth great-grandfather into the man he became, as they were married at ages 15 and 16, he being about nine months older than she. But, it was all I could do to stick to his timeline in the fictionalization I wrote. I can't do that again. She never got to reap what she sowed when he ultimately became the very first governor of Tennessee.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    A little bit of both. For example I would never really want to be famous in real life so I live the celebrity life through my sims xD Sometimes it's about things I can't do at the moment like I live in a city and I never let my sims live in san myshuno because cities bore me but all the other worlds, these suburban neighborhoods, I never got to live in one and until I have the chance to move to such a neighborhood I will just live that through my sims lol.
    So I do mostly have fictional stories for them and play fictional but I add little things I'd want to have in real life. It mostly helps me stay interested in a sim family since I could easily get bored with them if I'm not in any way attached to them.
  • Options
    simlimbsimlimb Posts: 52 Member
    So I recently entered a new relationship, but as I am a busy university student, this relationship has long bouts of being long distance. So I've created sims of me and my significant other and I keep them updated on what their sims do!
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited July 2019
    Depends on my mood. Bad day? Time to make my vampire simself a global superstar and level 10 actress. Good day? Time to do a black widow challenge with a mermaid!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    A little of both but mostly fictional.
    To me playing out a story isn't all that different than reading a book or watching movie.. I just get to be the director and author. Since I play deviantly at least half the time .... I know I'm not like my sims. They are sure fun to play though. Cathartic too on some level.
    Recently playing in Sulani on a normal sim (lol) yeah, I was jealous of them. I'd love to be there.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    The characters are fictional, but I make the choices for my sims that I'd make in real life.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I've occasionally played myself and my family but mostly it's fictitious stuff.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    A little bit of both I suppose. It's all entirely fictional, but I can see how various things may go in RL - if that makes sense. I'm not actually in the game, nor is anyone I know, but I do sometimes make my sims do things I can't necessarily do right now. And sometimes I make them work harder because of various RL things lol. So...entirely fictional but influenced by RL?!