Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    As I sit in my lonely, little apartment - wishing my mom was still with me - I am, through teary eyes, actually working on my buddy's presentation! Yeaaaaah, it's kind of hard to do, cos I have to keep wiping my eyes. :D I think my buddy is going to LOVE what I did. It's colorful, bright, cheery..... and for some, will make your allergies go bonkers. :D:D (hayfever, all the sneezing, etc.) {{ i'm so baaaaad >:):DB) }}

I can only reveal ONE THING to you, buddy .... grass. LOTS of grass. lol

i know how you feel. well kind of . i recently came across a hand written note from dad. hugs.

Awwwww Ali. :( I'm so sorry {{ hugs }}

its beenalmost 2 years i think . so it was a good find.
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    As I sit in my lonely, little apartment - wishing my mom was still with me - I am, through teary eyes, actually working on my buddy's presentation! Yeaaaaah, it's kind of hard to do, cos I have to keep wiping my eyes. :D I think my buddy is going to LOVE what I did. It's colorful, bright, cheery..... and for some, will make your allergies go bonkers. :D:D (hayfever, all the sneezing, etc.) {{ i'm so baaaaad >:):DB) }}

I can only reveal ONE THING to you, buddy .... grass. LOTS of grass. lol

@MsPrissy88 I am so sorry, may God give you His comfort.. I am sure your buddy will love your gift! <3
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    My muse & I have reached an understanding, now the only question to be answered is will I finish what I want in time. It's not flowing as smoothly, quickly, or interruption free as I want.

Mind all 5 interruptions are sweet, delightful, sticky, giggly, and fun delights. ;)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited May 2019
    Play testing on this one has NOT gone well. I'll tell you all about it later. For now, I'm redoing a build.

I think I liked the earlier build better, but... all is good. I've put all the presents into the launcher and now I have pictures to sort and presentations to prepare.

It's the last week now. Scurry, scurry!
    Post edited by ciane on
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited May 2019
    I'll check in now @ADWilson.

Good luck with last minute finishing touches everyone. I'm looking forward to gifting time.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Happy Mother's day to those of you who are mothers.
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited May 2019
    ** s-t-r-e-t-c-h **
    Hello! Happy Monday!
    We are heading into the final stretch now.

TOMORROW, May 14th, is the final Check In!
    Gifting Time is almost here!

May 14th Check In
    60sMusic
    Alpha
    Bree
    Bubbz
    ciane
    DinoJr
    equuest
    GranMamaD
    Hidehi
    Jessa
    Kay
    LMC
    Mystik
    Prissy
    SamelaRita
    suzses

After all have checked in, I will make a post regarding the gifting procedure.
    Post edited by ADWilson on
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Just checking in .... it's great to read that everyone seems to be nearly ready for gifting time :) .
    By the way the excitement is nearly 'killing' me ;) and I can hardly wait to see what awesome creations will be revealed.

Although I still have quite a lot do I'm expecting to be able to finish building on time. The presentation may have to suffer though :# ... hope that's okay.

Have fun everyone and Happy Simming! <3 x
  • Options
    equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    @Mystik1978 I love the little outfit. I can't crochet either: I always end up with a piece of string with a knot at one end. Tried to learn from the Ladybird book of Crochet, and even that didn't work. Don't knit either, unlike @equuest - I always find that really impressive too! I do sew though, which reminds me...
    @Kgaff I love your owls! And the cathedral window patchwork - I've never tried that. I have just done a quilt for a friend's baby: I'll post a picture when I've got it off the camera.
    @Jessabeans I'm totally with you on the writing - I've never even tried to tweet! Not writing a mini novel is indeed hard, once I get going.

And to my buddy...I've made a xxxxxx and your sims will be able to xxxxx and xxxxxxx there... Not finished yet: I'm not MamaD, but it's on its way ;)

I want to learn how to sew! I really want to make a handmade wardrobe someday.. I guess that's a bit of a daunting task. @SamelaRita
  • Options
    equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    Also, my buddy's first gift has been going well. Almost done with the interior, then there's the exterior to tackle :)
  • Options
    So, we are waiting on three simmers to check-in, right?
    @KaytayRoall
    @Kgaff
    and @friendsfan367

I hope everything is going smoothly for you all.
    I did work on pictures and presentation today and discovered some more tweaking I want to do. I'm that way. There's always something that could be better. So, maybe tomorrow I'll find time to get in game. But I have a birthday cake to make before we go to feed the high schoolers and I want to swing by and pick up lunch stuff before we go too, so it might be late afternoon before I can do that. Still, I think I've plenty of time to do that.

Good luck with your muses and builds and presentations (or just general wrapping up).
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    @KaytayRoall
    @Kgaff
    and @friendsfan367

Yes, waiting on final check ins from these three. :)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    ADWilson wrote: »
    ciane wrote: »
    @KaytayRoall
    @Kgaff
    and @friendsfan367

Yes, waiting on final check ins from these three. :)

game still struggles to open,
  • Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    I'm here! Been so caught up working in game I forgot to report in here.

My second and biggest gift is nearing completion, in testing phases now (with help from Addy as a second pair of eyes! <3 ). I have a third, very small but unusual build that is quickly taking shape. And somewhere in there I'm going to find time to make some sims, too. :sweat_smile:

As usual, I'll be working up until the last minute, but I want to complete as many of my ideas and give my buddy as many gifts as I can!
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 - Save your current household to the bin with their house if that's part of your gift and then save your game if you played after opening it and then quit your game.
    1 option: Rename your sims 3 folder in documents EA by right clicking on it and choosing to rename it. Just click at the end and add old. OR just move that folder out of the EA folder directly into documents for now.
    Then launch your game. This will be a brand new sims 3 game with nothing added from the store. It should launch well. Open the world you are currently playing in and use "SAVE AS" to save your game. Then quit.
    Now, you can copy the latest file from your old Library folder (that will be your household you saved to the bin) into the new sims 3 folder. To have any store stuff added, you will have to copy other folders (dcCache and installedWorlds) and files (the ccmerged file from dcBackup folder) from the old sims 3 folder to the new one. (This will let you place your old household in the new world, so they will lose relationships with other Sims and any saved wishes and opportunities.)
    Open your game in that new save and place the household from the bin where you want them. Then your game is fresh and won't have the problems that your old game had.

Other Option: I know that Origin makes you use the launcher, so you will always have .tmp files in your dccache folder, but you can Move out your Downloads, recorded videos, and screenshots folders so you still have them, just not in your sims 3 folder. You can also temporarily move your library folder out and, you can COPY and Paste your dcbackup folder to another location (for backup) and then delete all the files but the ccmerged one. You MOVE or copy and paste the files somewhere else to make your sims 3 folder smaller and easier to open and save. BUT you keep the files, so you can put back in anything later. The library folder is important because it has all the families and buildings that you can place in your game. BUT while you are building and creating, you shouldn't need those pre-built or downloaded or even saved items EXCEPT for a copy of what you are currently working on that you might have saved to the library. One other important folder to clean out is the saves folder. In there are all the saves you've made and not deleted. You want just have your last save and the next to last save in there. You can move out the others to another place and put the ones you want to play back in later.
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    I'm here, sorry, the days just slipped away from me.

I am all done and ready to roll :)

Oh dear buddy, I do hope you like what I've done.
  • Options
    It looks like most are ready for GIFTING TIME!!!

Will be back later to give tips, etc for what to do because a huge storm just rolled in and power has already blipped once.
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    I hope you stay safe during the bad weather Addy.
  • Options
    I hope your power stays on and the storm blows over soon.
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    Finally! Got everything ready for gifting day! I even put a back up on my cloud server incase my computer gets struck by lightning.... ;)
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    LMC6255 wrote: »
    Finally! Got everything ready for gifting day! I even put a back up on my cloud server incase my computer gets struck by lightning.... ;)

Wow! Here's hoping that never happens!!!
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited May 2019
    I have a wee little problem . . . :grimace:

We've had some internet issues where we cannot find our network on any of the ones listed, even though everything seems to be plugged in all right. (Someone needs to get here and check it out). I need to find another option so I can gift on time, but my experience taking my laptop to hotels in the past is the only experience in taking my laptop elsewhere and using their internet.

Anyone knowledgeable on how to connect to the internet somewhere else? Would I just go to the "network and sharing center" on my computer and theirs should be there and then I just click and enter the password they provide me?

Note: Been using my cell phone for commenting, lately.

Edit: happily squeezing one more build in for my buddy. B)
    Post edited by 60smusicluvr on
  • Options
    Would I just go to the "network and sharing center" on my computer and theirs should be there and then I just click and enter the password they provide me?

I'm not sure if it's in network and sharing or not; but yeah, you should find their provider as one of your options and then just type in the password they give you.

They should be able to help you out if you have any trouble.

And yay for squeezing one more in!

I didn't get to load my game today, but maybe tomorrow!
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    @ciane, thank you! Ive had problems with doing it before. Hopefully, it all works out. I don't want @ADWilson to terminate me or my chances of joining again because of a rare internet issue that just has to plague me now! :'(:anguished:

I've made so much more than I ever had in a single month. I started this one, this morning. Working out the kinks of the roof was a little annoying, but now I'm loving it. Exterior looks great. Inside isn't an overwhelming amount of space, so I'm confident I'll finish in time. Mapping out where I'm putting the rooms, right now.
  • Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    And thanks to @ciane for all her help - I've persuaded the game to stop crashing, and I've got three gifts finished :) Working on a fourth - I'd done all the thinking, and it's not huge, so I might get that done as well. In between getting the garden tidy and sorted, the house ditto, and the world's biggest ironing mountain that seems to have crept up on me. Guess I'd better prioritise...Sims first! ;)
  • Options

We've had some internet issues where we cannot find our network on any of the ones listed, even though everything seems to be plugged in all right. (Someone needs to get here and check it out). I need to find another option so I can gift on time, but my experience taking my laptop to hotels in the past is the only experience in taking my laptop elsewhere and using their internet.

Anyone knowledgeable on how to connect to the internet somewhere else? Would I just go to the "network and sharing center" on my computer and theirs should be there and then I just click and enter the password they provide me?

Note: Been using my cell phone for commenting, lately.

Edit: happily squeezing one more build in for my buddy. B)

@60smusicluvr
    Sorry you're experiencing connectivity issues. I can only imagine the additional stress it has placed upon you at this time! My suggestion is the same as ciane's ... when you go there & get the password be sure to ask how to connect. I don't know where you are but perhaps you have a place like Panera's that offers WiFi connection as another option.

Glad you're taking a negative and turning it into a positive by working on another gift.

Sent you a PM :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top