Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Most ANNOYING Sims 3 Trait! (In your opinion ;) )

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited February 2019
    Absent Minded
    alexa426 wrote: »
    ...because you will make them something with meat by accident and then they are sick...
    EvilSmiley.jpg
    I generally don't do it by accident. There's usually no "autumn salad" in my fridge. There are two vegetarian sims in my current "movie-making" save and they ended up being force-fed hamburgers. The result was entertaining. >:)

Poor Fiona, poor Holly. The bathroom never got so much use. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2019
    Other (Please specify below)
    To be fair now, if you served me meat in real life on purpose or otherwise and I then realized I had been eating meat, I would probably get sick on you as well regardless as to whether or not there was a "real" reason to be ill. If anyone would truly find that entertaining, then so be it but don't expect to have igazor as a regular dinner guest going forward unless he is permitted to bring his own food (not that I had actually been invited yet). o:)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TroyTalksTroyTalks Posts: 103 Member
    edited February 2019
    Never Nude
    Never Nude is annoying because it is completely useless in my gameplay. :D
    I also could do without the Loser trait. :(
    And the "perceptive" trait doesn't make sims more observant in my opinion. I would really have liked the Perceptive trait to come with a perk that allowed them to automatically discover at least 2 or 3 traits of every sim they meet. :)
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    TroyTalks wrote: »
    Never Nude is annoying because it is completely useless in my gameplay. :D
    I also could do without the Loser trait. :(
    And the "perceptive" trait doesn't make sims more observant in my opinion. I would really have liked the Perceptive trait to come with a perk that allowed them to automatically discover at least 2 or 3 traits of every sim they meet. :)

I use the observant lifetime reward for that.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Never Nude
    alexa426 wrote: »
    vegetarian because you will make them something with meat by accident and then they are sick, its pretty annoying

Yup!

Why I made it one of the options. ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member

I read through this whole thread and was sure no one else would say Perceptive. It's such a weird one to be annoyed by, but I am unreasonably irritated by it. If the sim is not a private investigator, the trait is literally nothing. Not even useless in the sense of several of the traits discussed elsewhere here (clumsy, vehicle enthusiast, never nude). I like playing sims with a mix of "good" and "bad" traits and those sorts of traits are good minor disadvantages, in the sense of not being helpful, but not being harmful either, and for me they do add a bit of flavor to the character. But no, perceptive is just nothing. I want it to work similarly to the the observant LTR and it doesn't and it annoys me in a completely disproportionate way that it does not.

Errr... /endrant

(PS. My legacy has rolled perceptive an improbable number of times and I'm trying playing by the rules and accepting the randomly rolled traits, so that probably isn't helping my current perspective on that trait :D )

My thoughts on some of the other traits discussed...

Absent-Minded - I expected to hate this one, because I micromanage my sims. But my legacy founder married Cycl0n3 Sw0rd and much to my surprise he was great. He was an attentive and caring father and spouse, worked hard both at his job (switched to game designer), reaching the top of his career, and at home as the primary cook and handyman, and still managed to fulfill his lifetime wish on the side (chess grandmaster). I found he rarely lost his queue. Well, he seems to a lot more now that he's an elder, but I just find him playing video games all the time and that's okay. He's old and accomplished a lot in his lifetime and if he wants to just sit around playing video games as an old man, I figure he's earned it.

Mean-Spirited - Not too much of a problem if I'm controlling them, because of aforementioned micromanagement. And if I find an NPC one who is troublesome, I just take it to mean they aren't a good friend and don't try to force it. I'll find a different sim to be friends with.

Grumpy - Another minor disadvantage trait, just a little more of a disadvantage than the completely non-negative ones.

Diva and Brooding - I'm curious now because I don't think I've ever played these or seen them in action in NPC sims. So, no opinion.

Irresistible - Another one I feel like I haven't encountered enough. I played a sim with this trait once, but he was a performer, so mostly it was just helpful for him. I also had a sim court an irresistible sim once. It was hard to get his attention at first and hard to get him alone, but that just made it all the more satisfying when she finally succeeded. I can see how drawing a crowd every time your sim goes out could be annoying, though.

Childish - I agree with all the folks here who think this is a great trait, not annoying at all. They have a bunch of extra sources of fun and are great with kids.
  • Options
    dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited March 2019
    My least favorite has to be Absent Minded. There are several that I don't assign to my sims (Loser, Technophobe, Never Nude, Can't Stand Art, Hates the Outdoors, Hydrophobic) but Absent Minded really takes the cake. There are enough problems with time being wasted as sims try to get into buildings, up stairs and through doors/arches--having them totally forget what they are doing sends me over the edge. They miss work because they forgot they have a job and bills to pay? Nope. Not dealing with that thank you very much! When I voted I wanted to choose Hydrophobic because it seems like a waste of a perfectly good trait slot to me. Absent Minded isn't just a waste it's a headache!

Maybe it's also a little too much like real life. ;-)
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Never Nude
    @dreamsong1968 You and I think a lot alike because all those traits you mentioned, I never give them to my Sims either. :p

Agreed Absent Minded takes the cake. It drives my batty when my Sim doesn't do what I tell them to do! :confounded:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Absent Minded
    It's the only trait that I still refuse to voluntarily give to one of my newly made sims. If one of the townies has it, or a baby is born with it, or gets it on a birthday I'll live with it but I won't give it to a sim deliberately any more. Just too frustrating.
  • Options
    naniminnananiminna Posts: 463 Member
    For me, My current favorite to hate is unstable. I mean, the only thing it really does is give you a time clock before it removes any trait besides unstable and replaces it with something that isn't helpful. Since my sim who has this is a gen 2 mother for the sims 3 100 baby challenge and cannot leave the house, if I miss this even once it means a personality change and I hate it. lol!
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    Unstable. I use story progression mod to disallow that one in my neighbourhoods.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    Absent Minded
    Absent minded is the worst because you can't give them a string of commands.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I will have you know that Absent-Minded is a very endearing trait. In real life, it's usually a sign of...uhm...something, hey what were we talking about, again? o:)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited March 2019
    Absent Minded
    igazor wrote: »
    I will have you know that Absent-Minded is a very endearing trait. In real life, it's usually a sign of...uhm...something, hey what were we talking about, again? o:)

Well...since you're endorsing it, I'm SOLD! :) I'm playing the Collins family and the dad is a handful, even though I do like him, he's got that trait, so I am challenged. I agree with the technophobe, hates the outdoors, hydrophobic, can't stand art...etc (Dreamsong1968's list)..I would never choose those traits but I still take them on as a challenge...and I am. I'm dealing with all of those in ISLA :) I even have an insane toddler and she's sweet.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited March 2019
    Kleptomaniac. This one stems from my hatred of Klepto-paparazzi in the sims 4. And I have had a klepto maid in an old sims 3 save. Not fun.
    Diva and Great kisser are my favourites. Diva's negatives are quite easy to offset if you have the friendly trait on a sim as well.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    SimSweetySimSweety Posts: 73 Member
    edited March 2019
    Absent Minded
    Absent Minded because it is annoying when they randomly forget what they are doing :s

EDIT: Sorry I did not realise this is a older thread.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    SimSweety wrote: »
    Absent Minded because it is annoying when they randomly forget what they are doing :s

EDIT: Sorry I did not realise this is a older thread.

It is not an old thread. :)
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    To be fair now, if you served me meat in real life on purpose or otherwise and I then realized I had been eating meat, I would probably get sick on you as well

I didn't eat meat in my younger days and when you first start eating it, it does take about six months for your body to adjust back, so you're not wrong at all there.
  • Options
    TroyTalksTroyTalks Posts: 103 Member
    Never Nude

I read through this whole thread and was sure no one else would say Perceptive. It's such a weird one to be annoyed by, but I am unreasonably irritated by it. If the sim is not a private investigator, the trait is literally nothing. Not even useless in the sense of several of the traits discussed elsewhere here (clumsy, vehicle enthusiast, never nude). I like playing sims with a mix of "good" and "bad" traits and those sorts of traits are good minor disadvantages, in the sense of not being helpful, but not being harmful either, and for me they do add a bit of flavor to the character. But no, perceptive is just nothing. I want it to work similarly to the the observant LTR and it doesn't and it annoys me in a completely disproportionate way that it does not.

My thoughts on some of the other traits discussed...

Mean-Spirited - Not too much of a problem if I'm controlling them, because of aforementioned micromanagement. And if I find an NPC one who is troublesome, I just take it to mean they aren't a good friend and don't try to force it. I'll find a different sim to be friends with.

Grumpy - Another minor disadvantage trait, just a little more of a disadvantage than the completely non-negative ones.

Diva and Brooding - I'm curious now because I don't think I've ever played these or seen them in action in NPC sims. So, no opinion.

Yeah perceptive would have been great for fortune tellers as well, so failed opportunity there. And I have to say that I really appreciate how EA made brooding , grumpy, meanspirited, dislikes children, hot headed, and evil all separate traits.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    FabBunnyFabBunny Posts: 158 Member
    I hate the unstable or brooding traits. I just find them to be an inconvenience to my game.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Absent Minded
    Absent-Minded gives me extra work when I have to remind my Sim what I wanted them to do. They also forget to go to school/work which doesn't sit well with me. Right now, there are no less than 3 absent-minded Sims in my played household :s

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    davidbowiedavidbowie Posts: 6 New Member
    Dislikes Children
    i cant stand the dislikes children trait! pretty much all of my simmies raise kids at some point, because thats one of my absolute favorite aspects of gameplay. well, what can i say? im a family man :)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Ambitious Sims can be annoying as they always want to do something and never want to rest. Everything is all about bettering themselves which fits the trait perfectly but if they did not get a promotion one day they become depressed and then become too depressed to skill up!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    baranoutabaranouta Posts: 64 Member
    "Unflirty" tends to put quite a wrench in my plans lol. I like creating families so I never use it.
  • Options
    TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    fo me I'd have to say the coward trait. A zombie died on my lot and the first time my sim met the grim reaper and he fainted, funny at first got really old real quick after the zombie sim started haunting my house.