Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Most ANNOYING Sims 3 Trait! (In your opinion ;) )

Comments

• Options
    gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
    edited February 2018
    Dislikes Children
    I'm not from USA. In my country (actually, in whole region) Ida is a uncommon name. It's annoying, as people very often mistake it with similar, but more popular names like Ada or Iga :confused:

Yiddish is a nice language btw.
    understand the significance of the signatures
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Other (Please specify below)
    gerefteast wrote: »
    I'm not from USA. In my country (actually, in whole region) Ida is a uncommon name. It's annoying, as people very often mistake it with similar, but more popular names like Ada or Iga :confused:

Ida is not that common here anymore. It's considered an "Older" name but it was still very popular about 50-100 years ago. Name trends go in and out. There was a trend here not to long ago with biblical names . I think it's better to have a non trendy name. Especially when there are too many people around you with the same name.

I don't speak Yiddish though I know a few words. I think igazor knows more Yiddish than me ;)
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Mean spirited is the worst! Those sims will fight you no matter what and you cannot be friends with them. I always have interactions that spiral out of control.

I don't blame the programmers... there are people out there that are really like that.
  • Options
    gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
    edited February 2018
    Dislikes Children
    gerefteast wrote: »

Ida is not that common here anymore. It's considered an "Older" name but it was still very popular about 50-100 years ago. Name trends go in and out. There was a trend here not to long ago with biblical names . I think it's better to have a non trendy name. Especially when there are too many people around you with the same name.

I don't speak Yiddish though I know a few words. I think igazor knows more Yiddish than me ;)
    I don't speak Yiddish either, but some words sound quite funny in my opinion :wink:
    Mean spirited is the worst! Those sims will fight you no matter what and you cannot be friends with them. I always have interactions that spiral out of control.

I don't blame the programmers... there are people out there that are really like that.

You can be friends with a mean-spirited sim. One of my sims has a girlfriend with this trait and they have a nice, stable relationship. The only annoying thing she is doing to him is scaring him with no reason. And once when she visited his family house, she immediately started arguing with his mother.
    Anyway I can understand you, I think I don't want ever play a sim with this trait.
    understand the significance of the signatures
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited February 2018
    Vehicle Enthusiast: utterly useless. Complete waste of a trait slot

Eco-friendly: which--in addition to being above--adds the ability for sims to troll themselves if they also happen to be non vegan trait Plant sims :p
  • Options
    MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    Never Nude

I'm a nudist so this trait is a little offensive to me. I installed a mod (I don't think I can mention it here) along with other nudist content, but didn't like it till I noticed the trait popping up. The irony is entertaining. Talking with the erotic dancers that show up at bachelor/bachelorette parties often reveals this trait which is just wrong. A never nude stripper????????
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Insane. But it's annoying in a good way. It's the one trait that's almost always in-my-face noticeable whether it's my sim or a townie and it makes me want to wring that sim's neck almost every time. :lol: Like I see them and on the one hand it's funny but on the other I'm like, "Ugh!" It's the one trait I love but hate and that feeling annoys me so much. The insane trait drives me insane.

To a degree though almost all the traits annoy me because there is room for improvement with them all, especially Daredevil, Vehicle Enthusiast and Eccentric. Though with that last one I think I was just expecting something different than mostly inventing.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Clumsy
    Sorry- I know this is old but I wanted to weigh in.

Clumsy is the most useless trait ever. At least the other traits shape who a sim is. What kind of trait is clumsy? I’ve maybe seen my sim trip a hand full of times. I feel like anyone can be clumsy from time to time. Dislikes children wouldn’t be so annoying if they didn’t dislike joking around and gossiping too.
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Clumsy
    Oh, and never nude is an extremely dumb trait too. So pointless. I usually re-roll if one of my sims get it.
  • Options
    Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    edited March 2018
    The brooding trait from supernatural annoys me a lot. I hate that it makes sims sit around and well... brood.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Options
    AdelineRobbinsAdelineRobbins Posts: 140 Member
    edited March 2018
    I can't decide between Insane or Slob. I won't usually allow either. Slob just gives extra work for both me and my Sims, while Insane just irritates me with the wardrobe choices.

My Simself has had three of those traits before. She currently has Grumpy and I've given the PS3 version Dislikes Children and Never Nude. While my profile has Absent-Minded. So fun poll for me. :D
    "Fool," said my muse to me. "Look in thy heart and write."
    Kq8qeWk.png
    Wordpress
    Origin ID: Hoshicake
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Insane! Because they change into random outfits. *shakes fist*
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I hate it when I forget to set add missing traits to false in story progression before expanding my trait slot limits in Retuner and end up with a mess of nasty unwanted traits filling the empty slots which should've remained empty.I remove the ones that don't fit the story or that sim with Master Controller and manually select what to take out.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    I do not like the mean trait. Wish that it had been left out of the game but can understand that others may like it.
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Proper ... For real, the constantly changing clothes is just a pain ... :D

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Dislikes Children
    I chose Dislikes Children because I’m a family player and this wouldn’t work for me. A lot of people hate absent minded sims apparently, but I don’t mind them. My favorite sim was absent minded!
  • Options
    Macaire13Macaire13 Posts: 39 Member
    Never Nude
    I agree that never nude is absolutely the worst. But I still love seeing all the different traits when I go back to ts3 after playing 4 for a while.
  • Options
    Kay8OrangeKay8Orange Posts: 291 Member
    The irresistible trait is the most annoying one for me all around. Besides the fact that it makes your sim seem like catnip for other sims, if you leave them alone to interact with them, their known sims list will pretty much be the whole town! And that creates a lag for me each time I first click on the list. Whenever I've tried tolerating a sim with the trait usually ends with it getting switched out for something else real quick.
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    Diva.....because of the sound they make!
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    I think the worst traits are definitely the ones that don't really affect anything. Things like Vehicle Enthusiast or Never Nude.
    However, I think "annoying" isn't the same thing.

I really like Insane trait but it can also be annoying with the wardrobe changes.

I also like my Mean Spirited sims since they certainly have character but they can also be annoying by autonomously screwing up their relationships I actually worked to build :(. Like, I had one trying to up his Charisma skill and the requirement was to have X friends. "Hey, he befriended someone, ok awesome, oh **** he just decided to insult his new friend, whelp not friends anymore, let's try this again!" Or when I switched the household for a while and during that time one had managed to become enemies with everyone and then I had to make these new sleeping arrangements since she no longer wanted to share the doublebed XD. Then again, I have one couple who both are mean-spirited and they seem to be going strong even when switching households.

Inappropriate is fun because of all the stupid things the sim does but I found it really annoying when I had a computer in their house because it was like: "I'm addicted to writing rude forum posts!" I seriously had to lock the door for her so she wouldn't be hogging the computer 24/7.
  • Options
    ameliaandcynthiaameliaandcynthia Posts: 42 Member
    Insane - because I don't like the Sims changing into random clothes.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Absent Minded
    Insane would be funny if they had some ramifications...to the "choking" oneself - like passing out on the floor.

Screenshot-137.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Technophobe or Dislikes Children.
    I love all the traits tbh they make Sims in TS3 feel really unique. But technophobe Sims and Sims who Dislike Children often messes up with my evil plans :lol:

As a random side note I'm gonna say that as a vegetarian myself I always make my Sims to eat vegetarian food option. i know it's just a game but I can't help it :smiley:
  • Options
    AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    Insane.
    I have a love/hate relationship with it. It’s fun seeing an insane sim creep out other random townies, not to mention that they talk to themselves but it annoys me with their constant change of outfits <_<
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited May 2018
    Social Butterfly. It makes the introverted me twitch! One of my sims married a sim from town with this trait. I had never chosen it before so I didn't know what it was like. I was playing a household that included other sims as well and this guy who married the social butterfly couldn't have a single conversation without them interrupting and jumping in on every conversation. It kind of felt like a clingy or jealousy trait to me. They were there everywhere he was. It drove me crazy. Somebody constantly being in my space and interrupting my conversations doesn't appeal to me at all.