Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Most ANNOYING Sims 3 Trait! (In your opinion ;) )

Comments

• Options
    ElanoreAlexandriaElanoreAlexandria Posts: 66 Member
    Other (Please specify below)
    Maybe hydrophobic? I hate how upset and sad sims with this trait get when I have them take showers and baths. I'm trying to take good care of them, but I traumatize them while doing it. It makes me feel like I'm a mean person.

Also...
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    As a random side note I'm gonna say that as a vegetarian myself I always make my Sims to eat vegetarian food option. i know it's just a game but I can't help it :smiley:

I'm not the only one who does this! Yay!

• Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Absent Minded
    Maybe hydrophobic? I hate how upset and sad sims with this trait get when I have them take showers and baths. I'm trying to take good care of them, but I traumatize them while doing it. It makes me feel like I'm a mean person.

If you have ITF, just get your hydrophobic sims a Sonic Shower. :)
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited May 2018
    There are some traits that I think are kinda useless, like Never Nude. But for me the most annoying trait is probably Diva. I still use it occasionally when I want someone in my household to be difficult to get along with, but man! Is it ever a pain! Paired with Mean Spirited it's an extra challenge.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited May 2018
    @GabbyGirlJ We have to fight now :rage: I love diva trait.The way they will just slap a sim silly and that idle where they check their fingernails is awesome.All the diva standing idles are so cute.Never paired it with mean spirited that sounds scary,like Jared Frio in drag on steroids.Or is the fingernail idle snob hmmmm trying to remember.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited May 2018
    @CravenLestat The idle for the Diva trait is super adorable, I agree. It's funny, I don't exactly hate the trait, because I can still put it to use. I just think Diva sims are super high maintenance and that annoys me sometimes (maybe that's the point, lol! :smile: ) And, yeah, one time I got the brilliant idea to roll a sim who was a Mean Spirited, Evil, Hot Headed, Flirty Diva. She was a hot mess. She literally drove all of her friends away. :lol:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    ElanoreAlexandriaElanoreAlexandria Posts: 66 Member
    SimKeats wrote: »

If you have ITF, just get your hydrophobic sims a Sonic Shower. :)

I never thought of that! thank you!
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I chose mean spirited. I just don't like that trait. There is no reason to be a plumhole LOL
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited May 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Insane and Hates Children
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    Snob
    Thanks for the poll. Interesting to see fellow simmer's insight on various traits.

I never give my sim any of the listed traits. I picked snob, because I like my sim to be friendly, flirty, and a socializer. Getting along with snobby sims can be a real challenge, but makes me feel like I really accomplished something when I do. Then again, making a snobby sim miserable does often give me devilish pleasure.

Upon reading responses from other simmers, I have to say that absent minded would definitely drive me nuts. Constantly having to requeue things would be really irritating. So if I could change my vote, I'd definitely go with absent minded. I will say that all the choices are traits that I would never give one of my sims.
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Absent Minded
    I like my Sims to listen when I tell them to do something, not randomly drop the action halfway there. It's especially annoying when trying to get Sims to work or school.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    Absent Minded
    I just can't deal with this trait. Seems like sometimes my sim drops things for reasons I don't understand and it's frustrating so I don't want it to reliably happen all the time either.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Proper
    I can't stand my sim constantly formalizing.
    I love the trait and would like to give it to my rich/butler sims but I can't stand them constantly wearing formal.
  • Options
    KustridarenKustridaren Posts: 21 Member
    I think the most annoying trait is traits that is making your sim be rude like diva or grumpy
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Absent Minded
    I like the concept, but not how it's done in the game. It just looks like a bug, as sims often cancel their actions due to a routing error, not because of an absent-mind. Or I always think I forgot to give them an action, so, I repeat it. It's kind of pointless and a wasted trait.

Yay for your poll! Awesome point! Hehe.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    Vegetarian (Nothing against those of you who are, I just prefer my sims not to be)
    At times, Likes Outdoors/ Hates Outdoors can be annoying, because sometimes sims just have to be indoors. They get a bad mood if they go to work, because it's indoors, but they have to go to work, or they get a bad mood because they walk outside from the garage to the house, even though they were only outside for ten minutes.
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Other: UNLUCKY

it's like a 'device genocide' with an unlucky sim around. stereo, tv, washing machines.. total complete DEVICOCIDE. then there's all the fires..

though it's always hilarious watching the grim reaper make fun of them :D
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    In the households I play, there is no trait that I don't really like. Anything that matches the personality and background I want to give the sim will do.

But for the neighbors/townies the worst trait is probably Inappropriate. Completely ruins parties with everybody booing the inappropriate sim clothes and they keep insulting everybody.

I find Absent Minded a fun trait. I have a few dumb sims with Absent Minded. It matches them perfectly!
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • Options
    > @McTosh said:
    > Other: UNLUCKY
    >
    > it's like a 'device genocide' with an unlucky sim around. stereo, tv, washing machines.. total complete DEVICOCIDE. then there's all the fires..
    >
    > though it's always hilarious watching the grim reaper make fun of them :D

Try Unlucky, Technophobe and Clumsy together. Better build another bedroom for the repairman. :smiley:
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Keiomestre wrote: »
    I find Absent Minded a fun trait. I have a few dumb sims with Absent Minded. It matches them perfectly!
    I have some geniuses with that trait -- both the logic/science oriented and artistic kinds of sims. They are special (to me) and do need close watching over, but I would never call them dumb just because they often go into a room and then forget why they have done so. The "duh-h-h" and "derp?" animation noises I find offensive and someday will find a way to suppress those.

And another thing...wait, uhm...what we were talking about again? :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited February 2019
    McTosh wrote: »
    Other: UNLUCKY

it's like a 'device genocide' with an unlucky sim around. stereo, tv, washing machines.. total complete DEVICOCIDE. then there's all the fires..

though it's always hilarious watching the grim reaper make fun of them :D

Age Freeze potion plus Unlucky and you have a sim that can never die.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Options
    > @igazor said:
    > Keiomestre wrote: »
    >
    > I find Absent Minded a fun trait. I have a few dumb sims with Absent Minded. It matches them perfectly!
    >
    >
    >
    > I have some geniuses with that trait -- both the logic/science oriented and artistic kinds of sims. They are special (to me) and do need close watching over, but I would never call them dumb just because they often go into a room and then forget why they have done so. The "duh-h-h" and "derp?" animation noises I find offensive and someday will find a way to suppress those.
    >
    > And another thing...wait, uhm...what we were talking about again? :/

Well, by definition and the in-game description, absent-minded would be easily distracted. And I agree with you that being distracted or forgetful doesn't mean being dumb. But on the Portuguese translation of the game, they used an adjective that is sometimes used to call people dumb, so I picked this trait as the closest to "Dumb" trait. The animations make it even better in my case.
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Absent Minded
    Definitely Absent Minded or Insane. Absent Minded because I hate when I have to keep checking to make sure the sim is still doing the stuff I told it to and Insane because I'm picky when it comes to dressing my sims and want them to wear the clothes I picked, lol. I like the other little traits of Insane, though!
  • Options
    alexa426alexa426 Posts: 54 Member
    Vegetarian (Nothing against those of you who are, I just prefer my sims not to be)
    vegetarian because you will make them something with meat by accident and then they are sick, its pretty annoying