Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Most ANNOYING Sims 3 Trait! (In your opinion ;) )

Comments

• Options
    NathanANathanA Posts: 39 Member
    Other (Please specify below)
    I've never really had a problem with the other negative traits, but I despise the kleptomaniac trait. I swear my maid was one, because my TV went missing one time and it was a really expensive TV. This is why I shouldn't have my game running in the background.
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Diva. This one really annoys me.
    I also don´t like irresistable that much - the poor sims never get anything done, because everyone wants to talk to them.

I actually really like absent-minded (perhaps because I can relate :D ). Grumpy sims are just adorable. I love the childish trait, because childish sims can play with their kids with the dollhouse - don´t know, why that isn´t an option for all sims. And it´s just cute when they play with their toys. Never nude is amusing, but a bit useless. Clumsy has some wonderful animations.
    I don´t really think commitment issues has any effect whatsoever, and I never played snob. Huh. Have to do that. My sims with the dislike children traits are usually the best autonomous parents as long as the kid is a baby or a toddler, they just sometimes manage to trash their relationship when it´s really a "child" they are dealing with.
    The vegetarian trait doesn´t make much sense to me - it´s more of a meat allergy trait.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    Chi5678Chi5678 Posts: 268 Member
    Commitment Issues
    Commitment Issues. I mean come on it just makes the player work harder XD
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,368 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    @ZeeGee Yeah, technophobe would've made my top 9 list actually had I remembered it...

Now that I am remembering there are some other ones I hate too, a negative mood when you go outdoors in the beautiful scenery?! No. Or same as aricarai, does anyone actually hate art?! Maybe certain art styles but ALL art??
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Grumpy
    I chose grumpy because I really don't like how their faces pull into a grumpy look all the time. It's nice for a sim you don't play, funny even, but I'd never choose it for a sim I play with.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Absent Minded
    Absent-Minded, simply because I like to queue up a bunch of activities, in an assigned order, that will have my Sim making overall best use of their time, as I micromanage other Sims more attentively (i.e. choosing a particular social interaction based on an NPCs responses, or what have you).

I use both Slob and Neat as companion Traits. In my Criminals & Delinquents household, the actual householder, Logan, is a slob (and evil, FWIW), and his live-in teen protegés are frequently Neat, as housework is expected as part of the deal for their room & board and private... education. The household is absurdly wealthy at this point, because I keep plowing money into investment properties, so it is not like they cannot afford a maid, butler or Bonehilda coffin. I simply prefer Logan's houseboys earn their keep.

I don't mind mean traits or flirty ones either, as that fuels the drama for the games I play. Here, Logan autonomously chose to say something unkind to current cabana-boy, Remy, implying his mother was a glow-bug. I don't know if Remy was insulted by the glow-bug part or the mother part (since in fact he has two dads), but I let him retaliate in a way that also satisfied a wish to prank someone:

HzmJVrC.jpg

Thankfully, shapeshifting makes werewolves more or less immune to the long term effects of Inner Beauty, and Logan wasn't too upset. I think he's less likely to forget that Fairy boys can be ...volatile, now. :)

P.S. Look at that spotless kitchen - it's not like Remy & Trey aren't pulling their weight!
  • Options
    KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    Socially Awkward
    While it’s fun for the sake of a challenge sometimes, I have lost more potential love interests than I can count to the foot-in-the-mouth moodlet.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Never Nude
    Never nude! Never use it... o:)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited February 2018
    Absent Minded
    Chi5678 wrote: »
    Commitment Issues. I mean come on it just makes the player work harder XD

See, I really like this in side-line Sims, as it is easier to date them, then break up later without ill-feeling. Yeah, my boys are pretty much 🐸🐸🐸🐸 *. :D

*name a garden implement for cultivating the soil with a blade on the end of a long handle - spelled like "shoes" without the initial S. ;)
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2018
    My mouse hesitated over Never Nude. But nah, that's just quirky. There isn't meant to be a reason for that trait, it's a nod to a character from Arrested Development as was already mentioned.

Two way tie for 2nd place: Avant Garde and Diva. Just get over yourselves already.

But the winner, hands down, for most annoying trait: Bot Fan.

@emorrill - Congrats, this is the first poll I've seen here (maybe I missed one) where the overwhelming winner seems to be "Other." ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Never Nude
    I picked "Never Nude", but will give an honorable mention to "Proper" and "Insane." I am not a fan of any traits that cause my sim to change clothes randomly. :tongue:
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited February 2018
    Absent Minded
    I honestly don't mind most traits, and there might have been some traits that I haven't even tried out that much yet, so this list may likely change, but anyway.

The most annoying one, gameplay-wise: Absent minded. It's like The Sims 4, but localized onto one sim. Though it's kinda charming in its odd way, it's also not that fun when I line up a whole bunch of actions and forget about them having this trait, suddenly the entire queue is dropped. Oops.

Useless: Vehicle Enthusiast? Born salesman?? What do these even do, besides taking up a trait slot? My legacy heir got the born salesman trait and I have no clue how to deal with it. Does he just sell things more expensive? What's the effect?

On the other hand, I actually like the childish trait. These are grown-ups with their childhoods intact. I see no problem with still being able to use the playground and play with toys?
    Personally I'm all for breaking the social norms. If they wanna play tag, let them. It's hurting no one.
    Post edited by Magdaleena on

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I don't like daredevil. The first sim I had that had it and saw them eat dirt I decided it was the most useless trait of all. Eating dirt is not a daredevil, hang gliding off a cliff, ballooning, sky diving etc is. Eating dirt should have been under childish.

I actually like the trait . Daredevil can also play with fire. Have you ever used that trait near a fireplace? Good for tomb exploration too
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    My mouse hesitated over Never Nude. But nah, that's just quirky. There isn't meant to be a reason for that trait, it's a nod to a character from Arrested Development as was already mentioned.

Two way tie for 2nd place: Avant Garde and Diva. Just get over yourselves already.

But the winner, hands down, for most annoying trait: Bot Fan.

@emorrill - Congrats, this is the first poll I've seen here (maybe I missed one) where the overwhelming winner seems to be "Other." ;)

I love bot fan. I think them Turing into a cardboard bot is cute :p Very 1950's
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Absent Minded
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    Useless: Vehicle Enthusiast? Born salesman?? What do these even do, besides taking up a trait slot? My legacy heir got the born salesman trait and I have no clue how to deal with it. Does he just sell things more expensive? What's the effect?

@Magdaleena I don't use Vehicle Enthusiast, since my sims rarely drive (they earn themselves a teleporter or three), but if you have Ambitions, your sim's car will show up in the relationship panel. Maybe there's a resulting bonus from driving? I don't know.

I actually use Born Salesman a lot. Whenever I have a family that I want to produce a lot of consignable items (paintings, sculptures, inventions, etc.) I consider assigning this trait to one sim. He or she will earn a lot more money from sales at the Consignment Store, no matter who made the item, and the one who made it will consequently rise more quickly in the self-employment career rankings (not that matters a whole lot, except with writers, who don't get experience from royalties). Whether I use it just depends on the financial situation I want for my family. It also helps me remember to get my current sculptor out of the house every three days, even if only to consign something, so he doesn't go Stir Crazy again.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Magdaleena wrote: »

I don't use Born Salesman often, but I do use it when my sim's main source of income is from consignment. Combine that with the Suave Seller LTR and the sim can make a lot of money consigning things. Throw in the NRaas Consigner mod which allows sims to consign anything of value and the trait becomes even more beneficial. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Born_salesperson

I don't use Vehicle Enthusiast at all; that one does strike me as useless. I like Bot Fan. That trait allows non-plumbot sims to compete in bot arena fights, which is fun. I usually have Bot Fan sims focus on bot building skill activities as a main source of income. I think you can play out interesting stories with that trait. Not so much for Vehicle Enthusiast because it doesn't really add anything to gameplay.

I differentiate between "annoying," "useless," and "dislike." I find VE and Never Nude useless, but not annoying. I dislike Mean-Spirited, Grumpy, Diva, and Inappropriate. But those traits don't annoy me, I just don't like them. For me, 'annoying' is something different. Neat, Irresistible, and (probably) Absent-Minded are the only ones which consistently annoy me.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I don't like daredevil. The first sim I had that had it and saw them eat dirt I decided it was the most useless trait of all. Eating dirt is not a daredevil, hang gliding off a cliff, ballooning, sky diving etc is. Eating dirt should have been under childish.

I actually like the trait . Daredevil can also play with fire. Have you ever used that trait near a fireplace? Good for tomb exploration too

I don't like the trait because of the reason I stated about eating dirt. What are they? 5. It is annoying to me. After seeing them eating dirt, I was not impressed with it and had my sim grow out of that trait via Nraas MC. :wink: I use adventurous and brave and athletic for tomb raider type sims and my witches make lovely fires when I need them. :) I've heard fireman can play with fire, but, I've never played a fireman. It is on the to do list though. :)
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    edited February 2018
    Dislikes Children
    I find sims with this trait particularly hard to befriend with. It's especially difficult when you're trying to build a relationship with them because you can't act to be interested in anything or else it'll bore them to death.

Plus these sims don't want anything to do with children so it's making it more challenging to start a family with them.

I usually give them an elixir to replace that trait of theirs or, if they happen to get on the wrong side of me, get them a job as a teacher at the local elementary school. Bwahahaha. >:)
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 556 Member
    Dislikes Children
    No sense of humor. I mean come on...I leave the sims alone for one second and everyone around that sim has passed out from boredom.

I hate that one!
  • Options

I don't like the trait because of the reason I stated about eating dirt. What are they? 5. It is annoying to me. After seeing them eating dirt, I was not impressed with it and had my sim grow out of that trait via Nraas MC. :wink: I use adventurous and brave and athletic for tomb raider type sims and my witches make lovely fires when I need them. :) I've heard fireman can play with fire, but, I've never played a fireman. It is on the to do list though. :)

I am in control of my sims so they don't usually do the eat dirt thing. They do get good moodlets playing with fire.

I have a fireman but he is not a daredevil. He has the brave trait and I have never seen him play with fire
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Absent Minded
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    I picked "Never Nude", but will give an honorable mention to "Proper" and "Insane." I am not a fan of any traits that cause my sim to change clothes randomly. :tongue:

@Emily4331 , Evan is proper and he looks dang good in his formal suit, so I don't mind at all :heart: (I gave him the trait just to see what it was all about)..

36174959130_7680874678_c.jpg

I should try out a proper/insane Sim, poor thing would be forever changing clothes.. :D
  • Options
    There are allot of traits I don't use

Never Nude, Grumpy, Hot Headed, technophobe , No sense of humor, inappropriate just to name a few
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Emily4331 wrote: »

@Emily4331 , Evan is proper and he looks dang good in his formal suit, so I don't mind at all :heart: (I gave him the trait just to see what it was all about)..

36174959130_7680874678_c.jpg

I should try out a proper/insane Sim, poor thing would be forever changing clothes.. :D

Proper is fun. I have never tested out proper and insane together. Let us know how that turns out :p
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Dislikes Children
    Hmm... supernatural skeptic and light sleeper anyone? Especially the latter... I'm quite a light sleeper myself and that's probably why I don't want that for my sims :p
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    Hmm... supernatural skeptic and light sleeper anyone? Especially the latter... I'm quite a light sleeper myself and that's probably why I don't want that for my sims :p

I forgot about those. Light sleeper is a pain. I only use heavy sleeper. Supernatural sceptic is useless too.