Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What did you do with Oasis Springs?

Comments

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    town like any other. I've lived in it, I've visited it.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,693 Member
    I did not alter much, but I play the world more often. Verde is top notch, Dusty Turf middle class, Nookstone the poor area. In the latter, I have a sim running a simple hotel/lodging, with small cabins in backyard and she serves meals in main build. I imagine there is a funfair in the distance (the huge Dino).
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I use this world as my imaginary extension of Del Sol Valley, because it has enough lots to feel like a proper town with individual style neighbourhoods, and it's always sunny. I demolish most of the houses and replace them with either modern mansion style houses, or with traditional Spanish/mexican style houses for the smaller lots, so then it feels like it used to be a smaller traditional town that's developed and become richer over time. Each house has a pool too because it's so sunny and warm all year round it's great for enjoying the warm outdoors :smile: I especially love the neighbourhood by the lake (I cant remember what its called at the mo, but its the top left) because it has grass too and feels like a private estate, which is perfect for my rich and/or famous sims.
  • Options
    AbeericAbeeric Posts: 28 Member
    Oh I love Oasis Springs. It reminds me of a tiny mountain village called Cloudcroft I grew up near. I bulldozed all the homes and turned them into log cabins. I took the community lots and just changed the design on the outside to look like log cabins to match the rest of the lot. Added my own families and imagination and it was the only lot I ever played until Strangerville came out.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,994 Member
    edited April 2019
    I think I only have a couple families left there, most of the lots there are community lots. I downloaded someones Grand Canyon Spa.. And someone else’s restaurant that has a slip and slide in it. I have someones beach (that I added a pool to) I even downloaded someones Dragon Inn, that my sims go to to relax. I have a drive in theatre there I built and a park I built. I still have the gym there and the rattlesnake bar I have put more activities in, I have the solar lounge there ( my criminal sims go there to play poker and drink.) I updated the big park, and I recently downloaded someones ice cream place, and made it an ice cream restaurant. I can’t remember what else, but it makes a nice tourist community. Oh, I also have a photography shop there and a large science building that has many floors. And I almost forgot, I have a big hospital/mall retail lot there that I put together using a combination of other peoples rooms and expansion of someone’s refurbished factory. It looks like the kind of hospital or mall you would find in a good size desert town.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    oasisspringslckzd.jpg

Before you ask: No, I didn't create this map specifically for this thread, just translated some of the names. I'm a control freak when it comes to my worlds and actually have a map like this for all of them, with blue names marking played families and red ones for public lots.

As you can see, I've evicted all the premades to make room for my own sims, with the main residential district being in the upper left corner. Up right is the shared property of a group of soliders, cops, and spies, right next to an old military base that was repurposed as a bar / gym combo. In the middle we have the "Area 51" neighbourhood that is all about space mysteries and exploration, featuring an alien family, a planetarium and a Sixam-themed nightclub. And last but not least, the Selvadorada "travel centre", if you want to call it that, consisting of the home of two archaeologists, an archaeology museum, a Selvadoradian cantina and restaurant, and a souvenir shop.

You could say that Oasis Springs was basically my StrangerVille before we got StrangerVille, a spacy alternative to the more down-to-earth atmosphere of worlds like Willow Creek.
  • Options
    AbeericAbeeric Posts: 28 Member
    When simming before morning coffee you sometimes get your neighborhoods mixed up. My post just above is living proof.

My Oasis Springs is a desert town, not a mountain town. I turned it into a military school. McEuen Military Institute to be exact. Every lot is a different building. I have barracks, a PX, chapel, educational buildings, and even a museum. There are a few alien families mixed into the mix as no military school in the middle of the desert could be complete without them.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Not much. I converted the Rattlesnake to a restaurant, I put the Oasis Springs Dust Bowl on Dusty Turf, and dropped Enchanted Springs on Arid Ridge. When my sims live their they almost always start on the empty lot at Pebble Burrow.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I placed my Strangetown sims between there and Strangerville, my Monty family is also there (Antonio and Patrizios fams are neighbours in the upper class Spanish area) and Biancas in a starter Spanish home opposite where Johnny zest lived. World wise I renovated most lots interior but kept the exterior style, moved Yuma Heights to the empty Spanish uptown lot so I have one Set of fancy Spanish homes and 1 hood for 2 modern mansions.
    Overall it's a mix of modern and Spanish looking homes with a Mexican restaurant, science centre, lounge and spa in the community strip. The park was renovated to be a pool park.
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    Oasis Springs is my favorite world! I got rid of most of the homes and businesses and placed new lots from the gallery. The homes that I placed are mostly Mediterranean or modern style homes.

In the Skyward Palms neighborhood, I moved the Caliente household to Granada Place. Families that I created moved into the other two homes in that neighborhood. On the empty lot, I placed a community pool that has a jungle theme. I love it!

All the other households in Oasis Springs were evicted. In the Parched Prospect neighborhood, I placed a spa on the Vista Quarry lot. On the 20x15 lot right across from it, I placed an outdoor diner with a small pool. The 30x20 lot next to it has an outdoor restaurant with a skating rink in the middle of it. The other 30x20 lot has a three level Mediterranean style home where my famous athlete and his family live. There’s a two level house on the 40x30 lot.

The Bedrock Strait neighborhood has a three level hotel and four homes from the gallery. My favorite home is a 1bd 1ba open floor plan on the 20x15 lot. It has stairs on the outer wall that lead up to the roof where my sims can grill and have meals. One of my young adult couples lives there. My up and coming musician lives on one of the 30x20 lots in a three level modern home.

On the 40x30 lot in Acquisition Butte, I placed a penthouse from the gallery, but changed it a bit. This is where my musician sim and his singer wife will eventually live. The 50x50 lot has a large Mediterranean style home with a pool that flows from the front of the house to the back.

In the business district, I have an arcade shaped like a pinball machine, a southwestern restaurant, and a multi-level beach themed bar & grill with outdoor seating. I like the Burners & Builders gym, so I left it in place.

I removed Desert Bloom park and placed a large blue, white and gold Moroccan-inspired home for one of my rich households.

I just have to say how much I love the gallery. I’m not a good builder at all. Without all the great gallery creations, my worlds would all have boxy homes with bad landscaping. 😁
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    I usually put my more modern or quirky lots there. I usually like a trailer park somewhere as well. I like to have a lot of quirky, techy geeky sims live there.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,130 Member
    Daephene wrote: »
    I bulldozed the Landgraab house and I'm using the lot to build the Snowbird Retirement Village.

I'm building a retirement village on that lot, too. I also built on in Brindleton Bay on the big 64x64 lot. I'm determined to find some kind of fun with elders...lol.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    I left them to live their lives.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I really have done not too much. Just made a base save and half of that world is residential. I made sims to fill those homes. I never really play in that world unless invited to one of the lots.
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    The same thing I did with all of my neighbourhoods, I bulldozed every lot and have been slowly rebuilding what I want, in the style I want.

But only recently - I had ignored Oasis Springs for years and only found out how beautiful it can be when I did my save remodel in the last few months.
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited April 2019
    I have two different saves. One is my regular family save, the other is my single life save. I haven't done much in the family save, other than adding a water park and moving a couple of families there. But in my singles save. I have added beautiful restaurants, nightclubs, bars, high-end condos, and apartments. It reminds me of the nicer areas in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area and I loved living down there for so many years. I also recently added a botanical garden there. It's really built up. I am just about out of room to build/add more lots. I love it though.
  • Options
    StarflareStarflare Posts: 13 New Member
    I didn't care for Oasis Springs in the beginning but over the years I've really fallen in love with the little desert town. I pretty much made gave it a Mediterranean feel to it with a little Spanish flair. it's the type of world that you can do a lot with since there isn't much of a city in the background.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Nothing oasis springs is :| to me.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I was never a fan of the desert worlds, cause it doesn't match up with our life style in Europe. But I get it for US citizens.

Recently, I decided to embrace this world more for what it is. I have build a morrocan inspired hotel/restaurant there which fits greatly!
    I also made a climbing/camping area with a gran canyon vibe that I actually need to update with the terrain tool we got months ago.

I will browse through this thread to get more ideas.

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,994 Member
    Oasis Springs is my favorite world! I got rid of most of the homes and businesses and placed new lots from the gallery. The homes that I placed are mostly Mediterranean or modern style homes.

In the Skyward Palms neighborhood, I moved the Caliente household to Granada Place. Families that I created moved into the other two homes in that neighborhood. On the empty lot, I placed a community pool that has a jungle theme. I love it!

All the other households in Oasis Springs were evicted. In the Parched Prospect neighborhood, I placed a spa on the Vista Quarry lot. On the 20x15 lot right across from it, I placed an outdoor diner with a small pool. The 30x20 lot next to it has an outdoor restaurant with a skating rink in the middle of it. The other 30x20 lot has a three level Mediterranean style home where my famous athlete and his family live. There’s a two level house on the 40x30 lot.

The Bedrock Strait neighborhood has a three level hotel and four homes from the gallery. My favorite home is a 1bd 1ba open floor plan on the 20x15 lot. It has stairs on the outer wall that lead up to the roof where my sims can grill and have meals. One of my young adult couples lives there. My up and coming musician lives on one of the 30x20 lots in a three level modern home.

On the 40x30 lot in Acquisition Butte, I placed a penthouse from the gallery, but changed it a bit. This is where my musician sim and his singer wife will eventually live. The 50x50 lot has a large Mediterranean style home with a pool that flows from the front of the house to the back.

In the business district, I have an arcade shaped like a pinball machine, a southwestern restaurant, and a multi-level beach themed bar & grill with outdoor seating. I like the Burners & Builders gym, so I left it in place.

I removed Desert Bloom park and placed a large blue, white and gold Moroccan-inspired home for one of my rich households.

I just have to say how much I love the gallery. I’m not a good builder at all. Without all the great gallery creations, my worlds would all have boxy homes with bad landscaping. 😁

I love the gallery too, playing the sims would just not be the same without downloading the wonderful lots I have found there. I usually will tweak them a bit. But, I sure wouldn’t enjoy playing the sims as much without all the great builders out there.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    As much as I think Oasis Springs is a beautiful world I do prefer green lush to the desert personally. So my Oasis Springs - I demolished all the houses and use it as a safe haven for all the townie Sims I am preventing from aging cause I like their look or whatever.

It's also where I keep the "Lab" Household because my Science Career Lab will not spawn any Co-Workers lol (I am aware its a bug thanks! ^_^)

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited June 2019
    I reside there.

Nookstone is such a nice layout for a single Sim that, long after he's raked in enough Simoleons to live anywhere he chooses, I keep my single YA Freelancer/Writer/Painter/Wellness Guru there.

Sandtrap Flat, across the street, has a pierced veranda roof in a mid-mod style unlike any other property in the town. The extensive back yard encourages expansion, to the extent that my married couple chose to add a second story and start their family there.

The Spanish Revival architecture elsewhere in town is spacious and offers a traditional feel appropriate to the desert environment but distinct from the midcentury modernist residences.

The lot I have my 3-generation family in but do not recall the name of required an intermediate amount of modification: an 8x2 en suite bath above the front porch for that front bedroom, and a breezeway connecting a second story sun porch to the upper hall, rather than having it connect through the bathroom I had assigned to the grandmother. I left the master suite (with an existing private bath) alone, for the dad.

I vastly prefer it to Willow Creek, partly because Spanish Moss is not green and that pulls me out of the fantast in WC, partly because I really love the deserts of the Southwest, particularly in early spring, particularly in wet years when they really bloom.

That, and mid-mod style really grabs me. Willow Creek feels trite by comparison. So of base game worlds, Oasis Springs won me over very quickly.

geXxXW4.png
  • Options
    amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    I never used to use Oasis Springs until recently when I started playing the Caliente family. Now, I’ve totally renovated the town and am in love with it!

I transformed Rattlesnake Juice into a classy brunch place known for their famous Voodoo Donut, and took out the (in my opinion) ugly gym next door and added in a lovely Mexican restaurant that has a bar/night club upstairs called the Dancing Cactus Cantina. I left the Solar Flare in place as a lounge but have given it an updated look, and next door to that I demolished the museum and put in a really nice coffee shop with live entertainment called the Hi Desert Brew.

In the empty lot that used to be Arid Ridge, I’ve added in a fancy community pool that is reminiscent of a tropical resort. I wanted this section to feel kind of like a high end neighborhood where you would have HOA fees and a country club. In the empty lot by the Roomies home, I added in a cute yoga studio/small gym. And in the empty lot across from Johnny Zest’s place I built a 3 bedroom trailer for a family-friendly limited income home. Lastly, I’ve turned the Yuma Heights home into a very fancy spa. I might eventually add in a cute boutique.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I love it, I almost always start a single sim on Nookstone.
    As to the rest, the Nookstone neighborhood is untouched, I leave Pebble Burrow empty for my add townies spot.
    I added a mid-century modern house to Dusty Turf that blends nicely with the others in that neighborhood.
    The Langraab house I demolished and replaced with a sprawling medditeran/spanish type home that looks like a real mansion 7br 6ba. And I have 3 or 4 builds that are in the same style that I can use on Arid Ridge, to match the other homes there.

I can't/won't build, so I found everything in my game either on the gallery or from web sites.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    It is my least favourite world, I never visit there. I prefer more Selvadorada & Sulani tropical type worlds