Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What did you do with Oasis Springs?

Since I first started playing TS4, I've always avoided Oasis Springs. I think this is mainly because there's only a few premade families that live there, and I a lot of the houses there look the same. I feel like it's a little bit plainer than the other worlds (apart from Newcrest and MP obviously!)
I want to move in some families and built there more often, so I need inspiration. How did you alter Oasis Springs in terms of buildings and families, and did you give it some sort of purpose or story?

Comments

• Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Nothing. Oasis Springs is one of my least favorite worlds and I never touch it. I think the first time I ever had a family visit was for a 4th of July holiday since it's always so hot and Windenburg wasn't hot enough for my tastes for that day. So basically nowadays I only use it for that one holiday with public pool or park lots that I download.

I have downloaded other saves where they've revamped the world, but I myself haven't done much at all with it.
  • Options
    SaldukeleSaldukele Posts: 29 Member
    Hi, I like Oasis springs as it is always hot in there and especially in seasons when it is very cold or raining with lightning, it is a great escape. I have build the spa and bowling place in there. A lot of my sims go out in there. In terms of the story, I class it as rich Sims town, so I have richer sims move in in there and build nice houses with big swimming pools.
  • Options
    eeeyuneeeyun Posts: 45 Member
    Nothing. Oasis Springs is one of my least favorite worlds and I never touch it. I think the first time I ever had a family visit was for a 4th of July holiday since it's always so hot and Windenburg wasn't hot enough for my tastes for that day. So basically nowadays I only use it for that one holiday with public pool or park lots that I download.

I have downloaded other saves where they've revamped the world, but I myself haven't done much at all with it.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I'm using it at the moment.
  • Options
    eeeyuneeeyun Posts: 45 Member
    Saldukele wrote: »
    Hi, I like Oasis springs as it is always hot in there and especially in seasons when it is very cold or raining with lightning, it is a great escape. I have build the spa and bowling place in there. A lot of my sims go out in there. In terms of the story, I class it as rich Sims town, so I have richer sims move in in there and build nice houses with big swimming pools.

That sounds pretty cool actually! I always seen it as a a "richer" neighbourhood cause the Landgraabs live there, so I might build more mansions like their one.
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    I’ve redone or rebuilt on pretty much every lot there, it looks far from what the original map looks like. All sims from all walks of life live in Oasis Springs, I like to keep it diverse.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I filled the empty lots with the Maxis bowling alley and a pool, but apart from that nothing. I'm not really a fan of desert worlds.
  • Options
    Demery27Demery27 Posts: 222 Member
    I redecorated majority of the homes inside and outside, then I moved in families
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited April 2019
    I have many, many save games so I've done different things.
    In one save I made Johnny Zest's area a trailer park. In another save I gave them matching type adobe houses. In one save prior to Strangerville I had all my Strangetown sims living in it in a few of the hoods. Usually though I just left it as is and started out scientists and techy types living there.
    In my latest save.. since I have Strangerville... I'm putting in more themed business areas that work with desert settings, like restaurants ect. I'm starting to feel like it's an extended area that I can work with.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    Oasis Springs is my favorite world. If I'm playing sims in other worlds, they usually end up visiting for outdoor activities because of weather. I have Jenba's save file. I really like what she did with the different worlds including Oasis Springs. Anything else is kind of boring compared to hers. Jenba's Oasis Springs is so much better.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm planning to move some of my future celebrities there, plus I do like to put elders there since the weather is a bit easier on achy joints (no blizzards to cope with). I've got sort of a Tuscan-style vibe in the wealthier areas, I still want to try and build a high-class spa as well. I usually move some of my elders out there because the weather is better on achy joints (no blizzards to cope with); I've now got StrangerVille as an option as well for that. The other two residential districts I haven't done much with -- they're more middle to working class areas, mostly going with MidCentury Modern since we've got the objects in GF. Downtown I have a burger joint, a fancy gym and a nightclub; currently have a museum but I might change it to retail of some sort; I want a shop that sells Selvadoradan supplies but I also have a long-term project for a store that sells some of the career outfits once I have them unlocked, also a costume shop with the acting career outfits.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I will play some of the premade families there. I think it's nice to change settings sometimes when playing various families.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I treated it the same way I treat every other world; demolished all of the lots and replaced them with new ones to fit my liking. I actually really like Oasis Springs.
  • Options
    Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    I added a pool lot. Got rid of the museum and replaced it with a retirement home. Made over all the houses to Mid-Century modern style, and then moved in all the townies I had spent time making over so the game won’t purge them. I don’t play any of the families there, it’s basically just storage for pre-mades I don’t want to have to give makeovers repeatedly.

I hate the desert, so this world is pretty bleh for me.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I love Oasis Springs... I treat it like a Party Town and fill it with my single young adult sims. I also a bowling alley, restaurant, and dance club. I like to make it the opposite of Willow Creek; which make more a family-oriented town with an added playground to the park, more kid friendly library, and a family themed restaurant. :)
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,918 Member
    It's a refugee zone for Strangerville and all my bunkered houses are there plus all my caravan lots for hard up Sims. The Laandgraabs have a huge bunker as they can afford it.
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited April 2019
    Actually I turned it into my commercial zone (so I put all my shops, bars, hotels, pools, ect) since getting strangeville which I converted to pure residential besides its special features. It worked out very well and I just think of it as part of the same "world" but downtown. So I'm happy for it (oasis) now!
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Nothing. I don't like Oasis Springs so I don't do anything with it.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Oasis Springs is one of my favorite worlds. I think it's beautiful. My simself and hubby lives there. Mostly because it reminds me of our home in Az.

Here are some pics. A few builds are from the gallery.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Seasons has given me a newfound appreciation for Oasis Springs. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood for snow, so I'll play in OS. Othertimes, when we do live in snow worlds, we just take a day to visit some of the lots I've put in OS to get away from the crummy weather in other worlds. Before Seasons, I wasn't too found of OS, now I kind of like it.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited April 2019
    I wonder if you could build a little overhang to protect the tv's on your movie theater lot @BlkBarbiegal .... that looks wonderful. Not sure if it would work I'm not a builder but would be a shame to have it all indoors.
    All the areas look great.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,771 Member
    I bulldozed the Landgraab house and I'm using the lot to build the Snowbird Retirement Village. In my current save I have one household for each neighborhood and the desert seemed like the place to send the elders.

I also replaced most of the community lots with updated versions and added a pool and a Mexican restaurant, and many of my sims take their clubs and dates to those lots in the winter to avoid freezing conditions.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Nothing. Oasis Springs was my most used world before I got my first pack, Vampires, and became addicted. I love vampires way too much to be healthy.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I wonder if you could build a little overhang to protect the tv's on your movie theater lot @BlkBarbiegal .... that looks wonderful. Not sure if it would work I'm not a builder but would be a shame to have it all indoors.
    All the areas look great.
    I may try an overhang for this is a great build. Thank you.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I haven't used it. I love cool worlds with lots of trees and nature. I wish the vacation world from Outdoor Resort were a regular world. I tried modding it, but the mod didn't really work for me.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    It's less performance-hogging world, but world is too bright to my liking, I only added some game center in there even with that I rarely visit the world.
    ihavemultiplegamertags