Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do You Sim?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    pinkknight1006pinkknight1006 Posts: 792 Member
    I don't have a ritual I play on my laptop laying on my bed. I don't mind stopping to do stuff if its a short period leave the game running since I played with free will on, but if I know i will be gone for a long period of time I either pause the game.
    p.gifi.gifn.gifk.gifk.gifn.gifi.gifg.gifh.gift.gif
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Maaaaaan, I have no idea how you guys do it. I absolutely hate trying to use a laptop on a bed, couch, or in an armchair. It's just so awkward and uncomfortable.

I lounge in my desk chair (yes, lounge...my feet are generally on the desk or folded up between me and the desk. I never just sit) in front of my desktop. I'm not sacrificing my big pretty screen and perfectly angled keyboard for back/neck pain from the bed/couch/living chair. x: I don't have any problems except occasionally my tailbone hurts from how I sit. Looking down at a laptop is far more painful for me than looking straight or up at a screen. And I'm in my chair from when I wake up to when I go to bed.

I have to agree with your comment, except I have a laptop on my desk. The laptop is raised on a platform
    to be at eye level. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I sim in comfort
    HowISim.JPG

The bottle of pills is iron by the way. I'm anaemic.

This is my setup at work, except it's three monitors. I wish I had the same at home. :D
    I also have iron pills on my desk. :#

• Options
    pinkknight1006pinkknight1006 Posts: 792 Member
    Not strictly on topic, but I would be curious as to what people's selection of gaming food is?

Small salads, carrots and hummus, fruit, currently mince pies, and pizza, of course are my main ones

I don't eat to much while I'm on the computer because I like to snack on cheesy stuff and it gets all over my keys and I have to wipe it off. I stop drinking near my computer cause once I spilled juice on the keys and the keys where all mess up for a couple days like typing the wrong letters and stuff, luckly it went back to normal after it dried out.
    p.gifi.gifn.gifk.gifk.gifn.gifi.gifg.gifh.gift.gif
  • Options
    FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member
    Not really, I play on a desktop for an hour or two most days (though I've had marathons of 13 hours when I've gotten new expansions before, that is pretty rare though lol).

Generally I play an hour, go to the bathroom/eat, then come back, play another hour, if it's one of those bigger Sims nights.

• Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    I play on my laptop on the island. I usually prop my feet up on one of the other barstools (the kind with a back of course), or put ,y feet on its bars (I hope you all know what I mean by that). My charger is always attached to my laptop as it only lasts like an hour while playing an intense game like sims 3 (I traded battery life for other good things on my laptop, which works out fine for me as I'm always near an outlet). I don't always get a beverage or anything like that. I usually go on the forums or mod the sims on my iPad while I'm simming, especially when the sims are sleeping or at work. In my current save I'm playing a single sim, so that happens quite often. I know some of you may think it's weird that while I sim, I have 'two screens', but that way my game can be up while I'm doing something else on the Internet.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I use my laptop on a tray with room for my mouse and mousepad and it's hooked up to a chill mat and plugged into an outlet.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I don't have a chair to sit at my desk, since it's right next to my bed. I can just sit or lay and the keyboard can pull right upto the bed.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I usually play at night because I'm out during most of the day. It's also quieter at night and I tend to stay up late.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I play at night, I'm a night owl myself, it's so quiet at night except for some weirdo having a party or something then I listen to their music whilst simming in my own comfort, on my computer chair and I have a desktop, the fridge is just behind me, so when I'm hungry, I can just open the door and grab whatever and go back to simming, sometimes I fall asleep in my chair because it's comfy and if it's cold, then I wrap myself in a cocoon full of blankets and sleep with my game on pause usually, but there was a time I forgot to pause it and the family I played, their hunger and hygiene bars were almost red, it's like what happened, so I'm a bit of a control freak and I haven't allowed this to happen again, so now I pause before I nap. :smiley:
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited January 2015
    I play on a desktop PC, but I've got a really comfortable desk chair (actually it needs to be replaced because it's got some holes and the foam stuffing's poking out -- it's over 10 years old and gets a lot of use between me and my husband). I make sure I've got a couple of hours spare time (where I don't have to be anywhere), usually after my husband leaves to do errands or take stuff to his mom's. He makes sure I have a full bottle of water nearby (I have a couple of refillable bottles with spouts, and we keep those in the refrigerator so the water's nice and cold) so I stay hydrated, and sometimes I'll have a snack nearby (like carrots/celery sticks or c.ra.ck.ers with spreadable cheese -- can't believe that word gets censored!). Don't usually have a blanket or anything because I'll be wearing something comfy, either jeans and a shirt if I'm going out later in the day or if I'm just staying home I'll wear a pair of my exercise pants and a T-shirt. The one thing I always wear though is shoes and socks because my feet get really sore if I don't wear shoes, but for around the house wear I have a pair of Velcro-strapped shoes that I wear, the rest of the time I wear my lace-up sneakers.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Me and my boyfriend share our gaming laptop, so whenever I want to play I usually have to beg him to get off league of legends
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    This is how I sim. Even tho I have a laptop it rarely moves from this desk. I can't sit in a recliner and get real comfy because as soon as do, someone would want me for something and it would be just too hard to keep getting up all the time. If I play while my kids are around they sit behind me ask a million questions about what I'm doing, so quality play time is very infrequent.

The note book that is to left of the mouse pad is where I keep all my Sims info. Family households, where they live, how many kids they are going to have and any other things I want to remember about the families. I can't play the game without my notebook.

I like my little sim corner, and I am glad I don't have to share it so I can pretty much keep the game minimised and play it whenever I get a spare minute without having to kick anyone off.

[img][/img]imagejpg1_zps69a6fbf5.jpg
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I just get comfy in my bed. When I have something good to munch on I keep it nearby.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Joleaco, Our setups are similar. My laptop sits on an elevated platform, so it's eye level and never leaves my desk. I have a book where I keep all kinds of Sims information, like about gems or herbs or after school programs for the kids (sims 3). It also has my family trees.
  • Options
    mlnov39 wrote: »
    Joleaco, Our setups are similar. My laptop sits on an elevated platform, so it's eye level and never leaves my desk. I have a book where I keep all kinds of Sims information, like about gems or herbs or after school programs for the kids (sims 3). It also has my family trees.

Yes, it's like a little Sims Bible. :)
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    MewMew Posts: 93 Member
    I play with my laptop on my lap whenever and wherever I feel like Simming. Which is usually on the couch, and most of the day lately.

If I'm playing a Legacy or something of the sort, I keep a small notebook next to me, and sometimes also my little box of dice.
    mew~
    Scz0hyy.gif
  • Options
    Mew wrote: »
    I play with my laptop on my lap whenever and wherever I feel like Simming. Which is usually on the couch, and most of the day lately.<br />
    <br />
    If I'm playing a Legacy or something of the sort, I keep a small notebook next to me, and sometimes also my little box of dice.

Dice are also essential in my game. My kids know not to touch my Sims dice :D
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited January 2015
    I set up my laptop on a lap desk, grab my favorite comfy blanket and pillow and play at my husband's feet while he sits in his favorite gaming chair playing his console games. Snacks for both of us are essential, of course. :smile: I usually have a cup of tea and some cookies or dried fruit snacks. He generally has Gatorade and goldfish crackerz (spelled funny because of the censor).
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member
    I was just curious about whether other people have a "Sim Setup" like I do...like I make sure I'm set for a couple hours when I plan to play haha xD I usually have my heating pad, a blanket, at least 3 water bottles or other drinks, some snacks, all the electronics I need, music...I make sure I won't have to get up for nothin'.
    Do any of you do something similar?
    1503319_939856342778990_3932328097204092634_n.jpg

The "Sim" way. ;)
    All I do is just sit on my bed, listen to some music, and grab some food if I'm hungry.
    Then I play for hours. >:)

• Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    I sim the most time in my bed. I prefer to have something to eat, to hear some music on youtube nad participating in this forums :D
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    SimmermartySimmermarty Posts: 44 Member
    I was just curious about whether other people have a "Sim Setup" like I do...like I make sure I'm set for a couple hours when I plan to play haha xD I usually have my heating pad, a blanket, at least 3 water bottles or other drinks, some snacks, all the electronics I need, music...I make sure I won't have to get up for nothin'.
    Do any of you do something similar?
    1503319_939856342778990_3932328097204092634_n.jpg

I usually play when I have at least one and a half hours. You see I LOVE huge family trees so I'm like staring at the seasons calender like, any birthdays....... I NEED THEM (to make progress and age up my future heir and have them get married and have kids so the family would get bigger). Wow, I am REALLY of topic.
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    If i go on laptop it would be on the couch with a blanket and the laptop on the table
    Or eventually in my bed with the laptop but my bed is not the comfiest to sit on unless i have like 4 pillows behind me.
    I play for hours on end.
    Usually if we're talking and i don't reply or i reply very late, i probably got caught up in my game.
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif