Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do You Sim?

I was just curious about whether other people have a "Sim Setup" like I do...like I make sure I'm set for a couple hours when I plan to play haha xD I usually have my heating pad, a blanket, at least 3 water bottles or other drinks, some snacks, all the electronics I need, music...I make sure I won't have to get up for nothin'.
Do any of you do something similar?
1503319_939856342778990_3932328097204092634_n.jpg

"Don't wish...Don't start.
Wishing only wounds the heart."

feca3b79-16b1-4d90-b2f5-1df8ce10c536_zps37cfddca.png?t=1422482021
Origin ID: Simintoxication

Comments

• sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Lol, its the same for me. I can't really leave the house due to a disability so I always make sure I'm comfy whenever I'm playing! Haha. Its usually while laying in my bed or sitting on the couch.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I sit on a chair, and have my laptop on my desk. There is clutter on the desk, under the desk, and near the desk.

I said I'd clean it about a week ago, I'm still trying to get there.
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    naked while doing a handstand
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »
    I sit on a chair, and have my laptop on my desk. There is clutter on the desk, under the desk, and near the desk.

Same, and I don't play unless I have at least and hour or so. You can't make much progress in 10 minutes.
  • SimpleIntoxicationSimpleIntoxication Posts: 282 Member
    naked while doing a handstand

hahaha oh god xD

• AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I was just curious about whether other people have a "Sim Setup" like I do...like I make sure I'm set for a couple hours when I plan to play haha xD I usually have my heating pad, a blanket, at least 3 water bottles or other drinks, some snacks, all the electronics I need, music...I make sure I won't have to get up for nothin'.
    Do any of you do something similar?
    1503319_939856342778990_3932328097204092634_n.jpg
    I put my mouse on a book to. XD
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    AstroX1424 wrote: »
    LaAbby wrote: »

Same, and I don't play unless I have at least and hour or so. You can't make much progress in 10 minutes.

I know I come in and think "I should clean up today."

But then I get distracted by other stuff :|
    edited January 2015
    @AstroX1424

haha i don't own a mousepad xD Idk what I was thinking, buying a mouse and not buying a pad...but oh well, books do the trick pretty well!

• AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    I don't have a special setup. I just play it on my desktop like any other game.
    Occasionally, I play it on my laptop, but then I just sit wherever there is an available spot from where I can watch TV and I move around quite a bit.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
    @Alnairan, how do you stay comfortable for hours that way?? I used to just play at a desktop but I got so uncomfortable after like an hour or so and my back would be killing me!

• PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited January 2015
    I play on a desktop PC. I sit in front of my desk on a really comfortable swivel chair. I have some snacks nearby, my blanket (if it's cold), and a pillow on my armrest that I lean on (I know it's not really good for my posture :p).
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    @Alnairan, how do you stay comfortable for hours that way?? I used to just play at a desktop but I got so uncomfortable after like an hour or so and my back would be killing me!

I don't know. In weekends, I often play for 14~16 hours straight and I feel just fine. Some times I have a headache but it is because I should wear glasses (but I don't). My chair is pretty good, though.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    edited January 2015
    I get out a soft blanket and nestle myself into the loveseat at my house, which means sinking into the pillows. The TV is usually on in the background and I also have my large Francesco Bernoulli plush toy to snuggle with while waiting through the loading screens. Sometimes, my dog jumps onto the couch.

My laptop also gets really, really hot with the game so I remove the blanket and get slight burns on my lap. I can stay like this for hours on end. Sometimes I eat dinner while seated down. Only reason I get up is because nature calls.

That, my friends, is how I sim.

Also with my spine problems due to how I sit. I should probably change that... nah.
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Hagfisher wrote: »
    I get out a soft blanket and nestle myself into the loveseat at my house, which means sinking into the pillows. The TV is usually on in the background and I also have my large Francesco Bernoulli plush toy to snuggle with while waiting through the loading screens. Sometimes, my dog jumps onto the couch.

My laptop also gets really, really hot with the game so I remove the blanket and get slight burns on my lap. I can stay like this for hours on end. Sometimes I eat dinner while seated down. Only reason I get up is because nature calls.

That, my friends, is how I sim.

Also with my spine problems due to how I sit. I should probably change that... nah.

I literally have scars on my thighs from years of being burnt by my laptop lol.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Armchair
    Footstool
    Knee blanket (my central heating is bust)
    Computer :)
    Plasma TV, just in front of footstool
    Headphones
    Something to drink
    Head Candy
    Cat on Lap

Play :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • AmotAmot Posts: 700 Member
    Similar to this

Using-a-computer-on-the-S-007.jpg

Just add soda.
    Let them eat cake.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I would love to be able to play lying on the couch or my bed, but I have a desktop, so I'm at my desk when I play. I just bought a really great chair before Christmas though, so its more comfortable now.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    I sit on my bed with my laptop. :P
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I sit on my bed with my laptop. :P
    that's how I do as well!

• dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    I lay on my bed...naked... with certain items for necessary.. uh.. reasons.
  • NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    edited January 2015
    Maaaaaan, I have no idea how you guys do it. I absolutely hate trying to use a laptop on a bed, couch, or in an armchair. It's just so awkward and uncomfortable.

I lounge in my desk chair (yes, lounge...my feet are generally on the desk or folded up between me and the desk. I never just sit) in front of my desktop. I'm not sacrificing my big pretty screen and perfectly angled keyboard for back/neck pain from the bed/couch/living chair. x: I don't have any problems except occasionally my tailbone hurts from how I sit. Looking down at a laptop is far more painful for me than looking straight or up at a screen. And I'm in my chair from when I wake up to when I go to bed.

IcsOMl2.jpg?1
    (Month old pic because there's still Christmas gifts and bubble wrap everywhere...so sans chair and new mouse)
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited January 2015
    I sim in comfort
    HowISim.JPG

The bottle of pills is iron by the way. I'm anaemic.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    edited January 2015
    @kremesch73 I neeeeeeeeeeeeeed it. Upload that corner to the real life Gallery. D:
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    ^I agree with that, I can't stand playing with a laptop on a chair/sofa/bed/etc and for some weird reason it makes me sleepy. It literally tires my muscles in no time and unless I have at least a 24" monitor to stare at, I'd go nuts (just goes to show how humans adapt, I remember when I thought 17" was awesome and spacious and now I feel claustrophobic gaming on that size). My setup is basic really, just a custom gaming desktop in a wide wooden desk with a nicely cushioned massage office chair. I've tried hooking the PC to a TV and lying on bed but again, I get way too sleepy to be able to do anything.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    @kremesch73 I neeeeeeeeeeeeeed it. Upload that corner to the real life Gallery. D:

Lol. I have no idea what you're talking about.
    HollowVoid wrote: »
    ^I agree with that, I can't stand playing with a laptop on a chair/sofa/bed/etc and for some weird reason it makes me sleepy. It literally tires my muscles in no time and unless I have at least a 24" monitor to stare at, I'd go nuts (just goes to show how humans adapt, I remember when I thought 17" was awesome and spacious and now I feel claustrophobic gaming on that size). My setup is basic really, just a custom gaming desktop in a wide wooden desk with a nicely cushioned massage office chair. I've tried hooking the PC to a TV and lying on bed but again, I get way too sleepy to be able to do anything.

There's a single bed to the right. It's for guests. There's also a portable heater. That particular room is cold. It's good for the two computers and the Mac Pro in that room. Not so much for me though. I rarely make it to the bed to the far right (not shown in the picture). I generally pass out on the chair. It's comfy. My husband's used to it. I have a triple monitor setup. The third one is a Cintiq that's on the desk. It's turned off in that pic. The one that's on to the left is the Apple TV for entertainment, and the furthest left monitor is for my test PC, which isn't on at the moment. I only turn it one when needed. My monitors are 22". 24 is too big for me. it gets to my hands and wrists if I have anything bigger. The wacom tablet sitting on the Mac Pro is what I use most of the time. It's easy on my hands/wrists/shoulders (it's actually a bamboo, my Inutos is sitting in a drawer).
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5