Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do You Sim?

Comments

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Maaaaaan, I have no idea how you guys do it. I absolutely hate trying to use a laptop on a bed, couch, or in an armchair. It's just so awkward and uncomfortable.

I lounge in my desk chair (yes, lounge...my feet are generally on the desk or folded up between me and the desk. I never just sit) in front of my desktop. I'm not sacrificing my big pretty screen and perfectly angled keyboard for back/neck pain from the bed/couch/living chair. x: I don't have any problems except occasionally my tailbone hurts from how I sit. Looking down at a laptop is far more painful for me than looking straight or up at a screen. And I'm in my chair from when I wake up to when I go to bed.

IcsOMl2.jpg?1
    (Month old pic because there's still Christmas gifts and bubble wrap everywhere...so sans chair and new mouse)

I love the cat. I have two. It's the first thing I noticed. Bad kitty for pawing at those wires!
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    On my sofa with my laptop on a tv tray. I have tried to play laying on the sofa or being on my bed, but it just isn't comfortable to me and it is hard to manage. I do HAVE to sit in the middle. There might be a fight between the two cats or the dog and one of the cats if they all three want to snuggle up to me at the same time. They have sharing issues. Especially the dog.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    On my sofa with my laptop on a tv tray. I have tried to play laying on the sofa or being on my bed, but it just isn't comfortable to me and it is hard to manage. I do HAVE to sit in the middle. There might be a fight between the two cats or the dog and one of the cats if they all three want to snuggle up to me at the same time. They have sharing issues. Especially the dog.

I've done it, and do it still. It's easy, really. I put my laptop on a board with a fan underneath and another small one blowing at it. I use a bamboo tablet instead of a mouse and place it on the arm of the chair. I've also fallen asleep in the lazy boy with this method on several occasions. My husband is so accepting.

@NightmareCandle I've been meaning to ask but keep forgetting: Is that a home made quilt on that chair? I hand-quilt. I love quilts. It looks unique to me.
  • Options
    NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    edited January 2015
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Lol. I have no idea what you're talking about.

It was meant to be a joke. :3
    I love the cat. I have two. It's the first thing I noticed. Bad kitty for pawing at those wires!

I have two also. The direct next picture on my phone is the other one doing the same thing.

Neither of them were actually pawing at the wire, they were just fascinated by the gap between the desk and wall because they could get their paws through. They don't really care about wires, strings, or anything else...so they're good kitties, they just won't play. xD
    @NightmareCandle I've been meaning to ask but keep forgetting: Is that a home made quilt on that chair? I hand-quilt. I love quilts. It looks unique to me.

I believe you maybe meant to direct this at the OP, SimpleIntoxication :)
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • Options
    Lol. I have no idea what you're talking about.

It was meant to be a joke. :3

I have two also. The direct next picture on my phone is the other one doing the same thing.

Neither of them were actually pawing at the wire, they were just fascinated by the gap between the desk and wall because they could get their paws through. They don't really care about wires, strings, or anything else...so they're good kitties, they just won't play. xD

I believe you maybe meant to direct this at the OP, SimpleIntoxication :)

You're right on the latter. I clicked back to make sure, but I obviously made a mistake. She'll get the notification since it's her thread. I hope she notices and answers. My cats always want to curl up on my chest when I'm playing. It annoys me, but at the same time, they're so darned cute. I just move the keyboard from my lap to my left and go from there. My one cat will paw at the wires when he feels he needs my attention. That's the only time he does it though. I love my cats.
  • Options

I've done it, and do it still. It's easy, really. I put my laptop on a board with a fan underneath and another small one blowing at it. I use a bamboo tablet instead of a mouse and place it on the arm of the chair. I've also fallen asleep in the lazy boy with this method on several occasions. My husband is so accepting.

Either of the two end out our sofa reclines, I will use my laptop that way at times. It depends on if the our cat Trouble is home or has snuck out to cause trouble. When he is home he usually wants to curl up in my lap or next to me. He don't mind if the other two are wanting two as well, but the others do, but the other two are shellfish. LOL With how my back can be at times it is much more comfortable to be reclined with he laptop in my lap, but sometimes it isn't an option. So I go down to the basement and scrapbook if my back is hurting too much to do anything that involves being on the sofa.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    edited January 2015
    Ah fa get about it!
  • Options
    Either of the two end out our sofa reclines, I will use my laptop that way at times. It depends on if the our cat Trouble is home or has snuck out to cause trouble. When he is home he usually wants to curl up in my lap or next to me. He don't mind if the other two are wanting two as well, but the others do, but the other two are shellfish. LOL With how my back can be at times it is much more comfortable to be reclined with he laptop in my lap, but sometimes it isn't an option. So I go down to the basement and scrapbook if my back is hurting too much to do anything that involves being on the sofa.

I have one of those swedish massagers I attach to my chair in my gaming room when my shoulders/back get really out of hand. It helps, but I can't game while it's running or it defeats the purpose. I know all about selfish cats, lol. I had 3, but one passed away recently. I'm down to two now. It's a love/hate relationship at times, but they're my world in the end.

@KramYraelo your image isn't showing.
  • Options
    SimpleIntoxicationSimpleIntoxication Posts: 282 Member
    @kremesch73 yes it was made by my roommates grandmother a million years ago! Haha(:
    "Don't wish...Don't start.
    Wishing only wounds the heart."

feca3b79-16b1-4d90-b2f5-1df8ce10c536_zps37cfddca.png?t=1422482021
    Origin ID: Simintoxication
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @kremesch73 yes it was made by my roommates grandmother a million years ago! Haha(:

It's gorgeous. I love quilts. It's a little known quirk of mine that only one of my friend's know, and my husband, of course. He sees me working on them :D I quilt by hand though. It can take me years to finish a project compared to someone who does it on a machine. I actually hand-sew everything. I love the rustic look of hand sewing. There's something perfectly beautiful in something that isn't perfect.
  • Options

I have one of those swedish massagers I attach to my chair in my gaming room when my shoulders/back get really out of hand. It helps, but I can't game while it's running or it defeats the purpose. I know all about selfish cats, lol. I had 3, but one passed away recently. I'm down to two now. It's a love/hate relationship at times, but they're my world in the end.

@KramYraelo your image isn't showing.

I have a couple of different back massagers I use when I get stiff. My back issues are spinal and not muscular so all the massagers do is lessen the pain until I can get everything back in alignment.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I have a couple of different back massagers I use when I get stiff. My back issues are spinal and not muscular so all the massagers do is lessen the pain until I can get everything back in alignment.

Aww. I'm sorry for you. My back issues are muscular. I've had an inverted spine since birth. It's no biggie, but I know what to do for it. I really feel for people who don't have that outlet. Is that the right way to say it?

I injured myself a couple years ago and have been on a cane since then. Is it embrassing to say I tripped over one of my cats in the middle of the night? In a really bad way? Sorry. Just trying to make some light of it. The story's true though, by the way.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I sim in comfort
    HowISim.JPG

The bottle of pills is iron by the way. I'm anaemic.
    Krem, I... *faints & dies*
  • Options
    I sim in comfort
    HowISim.JPG

Krem, I... *faints & dies*

Oh. Don't die! I just made a choice regarding my hobbies. Pleas don't die!

*attempts CPR*

OH GOD!

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING!!!! Someone call the ... um... whatever applies!
  • Options
    NotThatOneGuyNotThatOneGuy Posts: 68 Member
    Wow, you all go ALL OUT. I just make sure there's wine nearby and I'm good for the rest of the night!
    goat.gifaa6f9c8d1fc81c6596939ec80fce0e42-goat-jumps-on-bed.gif
  • Options
    Ha ha. S'okay. All the paramedics arrived in time. ;)
  • Options
    Wow, you all go ALL OUT. I just make sure there's wine nearby and I'm good for the rest of the night!

Oh. I'm set. That stainless steel goblet is full of it. Glass breaks. This is a recipe for disaster. I learned this a long time ago. Stainless steel aslo keeps the wine colder for longer. I bought the set at Stokes.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    *sniff* I don't have any wine, *whine*****....*****
    But... But... my keyboard glows in the dark. So... um, so there. Ha ha. Just teasing. Love your set-up and hope you enjoy every minute there. Hugs.
  • Options

Aww. I'm sorry for you. My back issues are muscular. I've had an inverted spine since birth. It's no biggie, but I know what to do for it. I really feel for people who don't have that outlet. Is that the right way to say it?

I injured myself a couple years ago and have been on a cane since then. Is it embrassing to say I tripped over one of my cats in the middle of the night? In a really bad way? Sorry. Just trying to make some light of it. The story's true though, by the way.

As nurse I know that can pretty painful for some, while others can manage the pain. I fell out a tree as kid and have had issues ever since.

Sorry to hear about your cat, we have lost pets too. One of cats name is Trouble because he tripped my daughter giving her two minor concussions. Gotta have love that stage until they get accidently kicked enough to learn the our feet while we are walking isn't good for either one. Our other cat loves to sprawl out in the hallway at night, so we to this day still trip over he because she don't move. So I fully understand about how you could get badly injured. Sorry to hear that it was a had long lasting results of it though. It is both funny and not all at the same time. The story yes, but the result no.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    *sniff* I don't have any wine, *whine*****....*****
    But... But... my keyboard glows in the dark. So... um, so there. Ha ha. Just teasing. Love your set-up and hope you enjoy every minute there. Hugs.

Oh, my keyboards glow. I love the glow.... :D

Lol
    As nurse I know that can pretty painful for some, while others can manage the pain. I fell out a tree as kid and have had issues ever since.

Sorry to hear about your cat, we have lost pets too. One of cats name is Trouble because he tripped my daughter giving her two minor concussions. Gotta have love that stage until they get accidently kicked enough to learn the our feet while we are walking isn't good for either one. Our other cat loves to sprawl out in the hallway at night, so we to this day still trip over he because she don't move. So I fully understand about how you could get badly injured. Sorry to hear that it was a had long lasting results of it though. It is both funny and not all at the same time. The story yes, but the result no.

Oh my. I adopted my last cat because she hadn't been adopted since my last cat, which was over a month at the time, I felt sorry for her. She gave me a concussion within the first week. Long story I don't want to post. Before that, my dog lost her leg. No one knows what happened. My husband just vacuumed and left the upright vacuum out. I bent over to pet my poor Suki and hit my head just right on the vacuum. That was the first concussion. the second was with our new cat. Also at the beginning of a new job, in the morning right before work!

Onyx is my darling newest troubled cat. She's dark and can't be seen in the dark. She's also skittish. You can probably imagine what happed. Needless to say, I fell wrong and smashed my knee. Bruised bone, I believe they call it? Doesn't sound so bad. Doesn't feel that great either. I've never been in so much pain. It's all fine though. No pain; no gain, right?

• Options
    puddleduck1puddleduck1 Posts: 179 Member
    I sit at my desktop computer and have an awesome soft chair. I play all day on the weekends and about three hours after work weekdays but I always make sure I get up and take a walk around for a wee bit.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    First, Bookmarked cause I feel like this isn't something simmers talk about which we should!

Second, I have a laptop (planning on upgrading to a new desktop or laptop) and since I live with the bae now in a very tiny dorm, there isn't a whole lot of space for me to do any extreme simming. But I get a blanket, my comfy spinning chair from home, a cup of coffee with hazelnut (mmm) and I'm dressed for the occasion in my favorite pikachu PJs (DO NOT JUDGE XD)
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    EAfan99 wrote: »
    First, Bookmarked cause I feel like this isn't something simmers talk about which we should!

Second, I have a laptop (planning on upgrading to a new desktop or laptop) and since I live with the bae now in a very tiny dorm, there isn't a whole lot of space for me to do any extreme simming. But I get a blanket, my comfy spinning chair from home, a cup of coffee with hazelnut (mmm) and I'm dressed for the occasion in my favorite pikachu PJs (DO NOT JUDGE XD)

I love Picachu. I cried at the end of the first movie. Cartoons always make me cry. I really don't care who judges me.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited January 2015
    I sim in comfort
    HowISim.JPG

I'm liking the big ashtray. :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Sat on a bed playing a laptop? Not wanting to nag, but you guys really don't want to do that for extended periods of time.

It will cripple you. Won't be a question of if, but when.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison