Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do You Sim?

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »
    I sit on a chair, and have my laptop on my desk. There is clutter on the desk, under the desk, and near the desk.

I said I'd clean it about a week ago, I'm still trying to get there.

This sounds like my setup too. I've thought of trying to sit in a comfortable chair with my laptop but have so far resisted the temptation - I fear my 17" laptop may be a bit heavy/big to be comfortable.

• Options
    milly001milly001 Posts: 394 Member
    I just sit on my broken swivel chair that won't rise up it is permanently low but that's okay because I have long legs and my desk is low, I'll lean at an angle so that my TV that has been hung up wonky is straight, my desk will be cluttered with notebooks and Pepsi cans or tango cans if it's late at night or I won't sleep. I frequently have to save due to crashes when I lose broadband or when the severs go down for maintenance but I'm happy as long as I have my Pepsi, blanket and the occasional ninja cat that sneaks into the house.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited January 2015
    It does seem that EA has let us down again.

The presence of a cat should be clearly stated in the minimum system specifications...tut tut
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    Maaaaaan, I have no idea how you guys do it. I absolutely hate trying to use a laptop on a bed, couch, or in an armchair. It's just so awkward and uncomfortable.

I lounge in my desk chair (yes, lounge...my feet are generally on the desk or folded up between me and the desk. I never just sit) in front of my desktop. I'm not sacrificing my big pretty screen and perfectly angled keyboard for back/neck pain from the bed/couch/living chair. x: I don't have any problems except occasionally my tailbone hurts from how I sit. Looking down at a laptop is far more painful for me than looking straight or up at a screen. And I'm in my chair from when I wake up to when I go to bed.

IcsOMl2.jpg?1
    (Month old pic because there's still Christmas gifts and bubble wrap everywhere...so sans chair and new mouse)

I also noticed the cat first :) what a lovely little black cat. I just want to cuddle him/her hehe.
    I was just curious about whether other people have a "Sim Setup" like I do...like I make sure I'm set for a couple hours when I plan to play haha xD I usually have my heating pad, a blanket, at least 3 water bottles or other drinks, some snacks, all the electronics I need, music...I make sure I won't have to get up for nothin'.
    Do any of you do something similar?
    1503319_939856342778990_3932328097204092634_n.jpg

That set up looks extremely comfortable. I'm actually quite jealous! It's a recliner chair as well! Oh I would be in heaven with that. :)

I might post a picture when I get in from work but it is an absolute riot (messy). We bought a desk chair to help my back but it's cheap doesn't really do the job and the desk is wrong as I get terrible neck pain if I play too long. It goes numb and tingly so that's when I know enough is enough.

I always have either a coffee by my side or a glass of wine. Depending on the time of day of course.
  • Options
    AkejsaAkejsa Posts: 149 Member
    I play on a desktop, occasionally my laptop if I'm lazy xD
    I have a prof. desktop table, prof. chair, my monitor, keyboard and mouse. I sometime have a bottle of water on the table too.
    Nothing special, compared to all you xD
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Humm My 32gb is the one I have in my bedroom it's a desktop that has my Sims 3 and my newly 12gb has my Sims 4 that's in the living room and that's a desktop to yes I have two different type of computer monitors I had to get rid of my Windows 7 PC since I had no room for it in my bedroom I really don't touch my tv at all not unless I'm on my PS3 or PS4 and we do have apple tv to that's in the living room
  • Options
    Kartai wrote: »
    Humm My 32gb is the one I have in my bedroom it's a desktop that has my Sims 3 and my newly 12gb has my Sims 4 that's in the living room and that's a desktop to yes I have two different type of computer monitors I had to get rid of my Windows 7 PC since I had no room for it in my bedroom I really don't touch my tv at all not unless I'm on my PS3 or PS4 and we do have apple tv to that's in the living room

I use a plasma TV as my primary monitor. The game looks absolutely fantastic on it.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    milly001milly001 Posts: 394 Member
    It does seem that EA has let us down again.

The presence of a cat should be clearly stated in the minimum system specifications...tut tut

Haha strictly speaking the cat's aren't meant to be inside, hence them being ninjas the question is do I wish to be scratched or dribbled on, I usually go with dribble because at least he keeps off my keyboard and allows me to sim. He can dribble on my blanket to his hearts content then I'll put it downstairs for them to lie on in the outhouse and grab a clean one.
  • Options
    DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
    The OP that is fantastic! lol
    No, I just sit in front of my computer and play, but I may have to consider a setup or something for my "Sim Time".
    From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
  • Options
    The OP that is fantastic! lol
    No, I just sit in front of my computer and play, but I may have to consider a setup or something for my "Sim Time".

Gaming comfort is paramount in my book

The aim, IMO, is to not to be aware of your biology at any point and if you are, then it needs to be immediately satisfied without taking your head out of the game.

Drinking liquid is good as your biology will then force you to move around and take a break and, making a good opportunity for restocking your supply of drinks, food, etc and maybe doing some washing up while waiting for the kettle to boil.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Not strictly on topic, but I would be curious as to what people's selection of gaming food is?

Small salads, carrots and hummus, fruit, currently mince pies, and pizza, of course are my main ones
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    MLJ28aMLJ28a Posts: 320 Member
    I Sim on Home Theater Gaming PC connected to a 42 inch HDTV with a wireless keyboard and wireless trackball. I also have a comfy recliner to which I sit.

As far as gaming food: Unsweetened Iced Tea and Peanut M&Ms.
    zD4X8.gif
  • Options
    MLJ28a wrote: »
    I Sim on Home Theater Gaming PC connected to a 42 inch HDTV with a wireless keyboard and wireless trackball. I also have a comfy recliner to which I sit.

As far as gaming food: Unsweetened Iced Tea and Peanut M&Ms.

*High Five :)
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    I play in my room, since moving back home it's the only place I can play in winter (my desktop is in the hallway and it's right next to a big window, brrr!!!) So I pretty much put my laptop on a stack of books, angle the screen, and use the mouse on another book next to me - that way my back isn't at an odd angle. I almost never need the keyboard for the sims so it works well. I keep my electric kettle on top of the dryer so I can keep the tea going (more wishful thinking than anything, I rarely have very long to play at a stretch these days.) Hopefully I'll be able to find a comfortable chair so I can use my desktop again when it warms up :)
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I play on my laptop, sitting on the couch. I use a laptop desk and a pillow (the pillow that came with the desk disintegrated a long time ago). I would never use my laptop on anything other than a hard surface. At my back I have a cushion and an elderly cat on the arm of the couch. But I'm not able to sit and game for hours at a time -- I'm always getting up to do something.
  • Options
    Do you guys use other electronic devices, besides the computer?

I'm curious :3
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Ellen0909 wrote: »
    Do you guys use other electronic devices, besides the computer?<br />
    <br />

Depends on what mods I have installed :innocent:

Sorry, couldn't resist it
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    edited January 2015
    Not strictly on topic, but I would be curious as to what people's selection of gaming food is?

Small salads, carrots and hummus, fruit, currently mince pies, and pizza, of course are my main ones

Various sodas (for years it was just like 6-10 cokes a day...now I drink Dr. Pepper, Pepsi, etc and I only drink 3 or so. I'm proud, even if I'm still not healthy.), taquitos & ranch, cheez-its, nature valley bars, a lot of convenience food that I can eat one-handed basically. I used to munch on pineapple all the time, but healthy food is too expensive now that we're on one income.
    When we aren't, my munchie shelf will probably be half pineapple cans. x:
    <br />

Depends on what mods I have installed :innocent:

Sorry, couldn't resist it

^^^^^ This (and LOL)

I only use my smartphone, and never for games. No console. I'm against using consoles because half PC-gamer bias, and half because no mods. The thought of playing Skyrim or Dragon Age modless is absolutely unthinkable. Especially Skyrim. Just no. I at least need my SweetFX.
    No tablet because ...I'm sitting in front of a computer and alt-tab is a thing.
    Post edited by NightmareCandle on
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • Options
    I personally have my iPad, iPhone and/or iPod. I watch YT, while booting things up :P
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    iPhone and iPad and my beats pill XL. I use the iPad to play music on the pill and the iPhone to check/send texts
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    aleneghan619aleneghan619 Posts: 4,947 Member
    A mug of chai tea in one hand and one hand controling the laptop that is balancing perilously on the arm of a comfortable chair..
    tumblr_inline_movqnq54lT1qz4rgp.gif

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited January 2015
    My drinks of choice are: Water. Herbal tea. Coffee. Wine
    My snacks of choice depends on my moods. Cookies. Peanut M&Ms. Chips. Soup. Yes. I enjoy having a bowl,of soup while playing. Don't ask.

As for other electronics. It would be too long of a list. I'll keep it short by saying I use everything.

For you laptop users. You should get a laptop stand. They're around $30 here in Canada. I keep my laptops stationary on them and use a wireless mouse and keyboard so I can sit back in comfort. This saves me from always having to move my laptop and I don't have to be as careful when getting up or sitting down. It's also easier to keep a fan on it this way.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    MLJ28aMLJ28a Posts: 320 Member
    edited January 2015
    <br />

I have a PS3, PS4 and Wii U. I mostly game on my PC, though. I also have a Kindle Fire tablet, that I primarily use for reading.
    zD4X8.gif
  • Options
    SimpleIntoxicationSimpleIntoxication Posts: 282 Member

Mine are usually chips, Takis(which obviously don't count as chips) canned fruit, sometimes cut up vegetables if I'm not feeling too lazy to cut them up, cookies and milk...other such things similar to this haha. Normally I also have a ton of water, 3-6 bottles, but I have juice or soda sometimes too.
    "Don't wish...Don't start.
    Wishing only wounds the heart."

feca3b79-16b1-4d90-b2f5-1df8ce10c536_zps37cfddca.png?t=1422482021
    Origin ID: Simintoxication
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    On the go from my phone mostly, im usualy posted up in my fav park downtown, or omg on the roof of my work 11 stories up legz over the edge. I ride alot and eat crazy healthy,ill take my backpack, laptop,iphone,some broccli w/ranch,jerky,trail mix,toolz and a ridebottle, depending on if im meeting ppl I usualy bring a bottle of wine or a sixpack...

Home only if im sick I guess. Even in the winter, sitting is slow death! Go hard or stay home...