Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,758 Member
    edited March 2019
    So what about any of Swanson women? (even women not yet "born" if you read either of my two earlier versions)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    gameplay9098gameplay9098 Posts: 7,895 Member
    edited March 2019
    Hi! I'm Gameplay :) I have a simlit called The Last of The Lost Boys (I just call it TLOTLB most of the time XD) That i've been working on for years. Can i join you guys? :blush:
    TS4_x64_2019-06-08_14-58-15_copy.png?width=400&height=203
    Everywhere i go
    I feel the hearts beating
  • Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    Hi! I'm Gameplay :) I have a simlit called The Last of The Lost Boys (I just call it TLOTLB most of the time XD) That i've been working on for years. Can i join you guys? :blush:

Hey friend! <3 Welcome to the lounge! Can't wait to see you become a part of our group and more updates for TLOTLB. It's great! <3
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options

Hey friend! <3 Welcome to the lounge! Can't wait to see you become a part of our group and more updates for TLOTLB. It's great! <3

Hi there! Thank you! :)
    Everywhere i go
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

sure i've been working on my story for years too. i'm one of the 2 cohosts welcome/
  • Options
    Apparently I'm going to be adding extra chapter so the chapters after 4.4 will be off from before. The chapter 4.5 wouldn't be the same as last time. and 4.6 will be 4.7, extra
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Hey I need some angry ("heated exchange") words for Cora and Elizabeth to say to each other about Elizabeth's reluctance to spoil their baby brother Julian unlike (Cora, David and America)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Thanks for thinking of my ladies, @MadameLee ! :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Oh! And thank you @simscognito too! :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Thank you @LegacySims2017 for the Shaela shoutout! :blush:
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    Poking at it again – does anyone have a small building project I could help with for Renovatrix? I'm opening it up to businesses too – cafes, restaurants, retail.
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Didnt know this was even a thing!
    So I better get writing then! *I do write just not about my sims!.*

Hi, @MSP_Chicken_Nuggets ! Welcome to the Lounge! This is a great time to be getting into writing SimLit because.... the short story monthly challenge (now hosted by @lisabee2 ) is rebooting in April! You can join the fun! :)

There is a short story challenge for campnano month? :O ooo
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hey guys! Long time no see. I finally got to writing Forget-Me-Not again. Here's the newest chapter:

Chapter 39: Planting the Seeds
    KxgxoOe.jpg

Sage's garden is finally started. He ends up sharing it with an unexpected friend.

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely time!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    In honor of International Women's Day, name some of your favorite female SimLit characters. And show some love for their (any gender) creators by tagging.

Why is this hard? :lol: Maybe 'cause I only read a few stories at the minute. :#

@simscognito Adrian & Lilith
    @MrsRacooney Penthesilia & Lyta

There's probably more but I can't remember right now (currently writing so not thinking about much outside of PTLT) This is also very late but we'll pretend it isn't.
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    In honor of International Women's Day, name some of your favorite female SimLit characters. And show some love for their (any gender) creators by tagging.

@Bugsie2016's Melete. Poor thing is going through a rough time atm.

Thanks.
    How I somehow posted Xand's funeral chapter on International Women's day is beyond me but it happened.
    Shadyboop wrote: »

Bugsie2016's Melete. Poor thing is going through a rough time atm.

Also Shadyboop's Elisa. XD

Thankies! I like @simscognito's Paris though. (please I'm having a hard time of thinking favorites)

Shadyboop aww thanks. Paris counts since they're a 'she' some of the time XD Oooh oooh. How about Louise? She's adorbs.

I was going to say Paris but I wasn't sure if Paris counted in this. I'll take this as a yes so add Paris to my last reply. Thanks.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,364 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Wow, I didn't know there was a discussion like this on the forum. I don't know if I fit in there since I'm writing a Comic, but I was wondering if this could be the right place to ask questions about English and English common saying, given the fact that it's not my mother language but the comic I'm writing is in English.

@SiliClone Hi! It looks like your question got lost in the crowd here. Did you find someone to help you? If not, I think you and I should talk. I can probably help with the English, since it is my native language. I've also lived in other countries so I know what it's like to try and communicate in a second language. And it looks like you're a fellow Doctor Who fan, so we'll probably get along well. :smile:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Welcome, @gameplay9098 ! Happy to have you here, and I'm looking forward to checking out your story!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Poking at it again – does anyone have a small building project I could help with for Renovatrix? I'm opening it up to businesses too – cafes, restaurants, retail.

I wish you could build something for ESO ... hey! How about a spring-themed Wood Elf house? For TS4 . ... if it fits with the prompt I'll use it for the April Short Story Challenge!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    Didnt know this was even a thing!
    So I better get writing then! *I do write just not about my sims!.*

Hi, @MSP_Chicken_Nuggets ! Welcome to the Lounge! This is a great time to be getting into writing SimLit because.... the short story monthly challenge (now hosted by @lisabee2 ) is rebooting in April! You can join the fun! :)

There is a short story challenge for campnano month? :O ooo

It will be one a month.... even when other writing things are also happening, like campnano and glopomo.

• Options

sure i've been working on my story for years too. i'm one of the 2 cohosts welcome/

Welcome, @gameplay9098 ! Happy to have you here, and I'm looking forward to checking out your story!

Thank you :)
    Everywhere i go
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Wow, I didn't know there was a discussion like this on the forum. I don't know if I fit in there since I'm writing a Comic, but I was wondering if this could be the right place to ask questions about English and English common saying, given the fact that it's not my mother language but the comic I'm writing is in English.

@SiliClone Hi! It looks like your question got lost in the crowd here. Did you find someone to help you? If not, I think you and I should talk. I can probably help with the English, since it is my native language. I've also lived in other countries so I know what it's like to try and communicate in a second language. And it looks like you're a fellow Doctor Who fan, so we'll probably get along well. :smile:

nope, I just didn't have time to go back and correct old pages. My question is if this baloon
    LrfuaYQ.jpg

is gramatically correct... because somehow it doesn't sound like it to me.

• Options

nope, I just didn't have time to go back and correct old pages. My question is if this baloon
    LrfuaYQ.jpg

well instead of "bring" it would Do you know where it could have been taken?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Shadyboop wrote: »

@Bugsie2016's Melete. Poor thing is going through a rough time atm.

Also @Shadyboop's Elisa. XD

Thankies! I like @simscognito's Paris though. (please I'm having a hard time of thinking favorites)

i wonder if paris can go again in september. i haven't actually come across paris yet only henry only henry and alex
  • Options

LrfuaYQ.jpg

The question would be in more standard English if it were, " Do you know where they brought it?"

You could also write, " Do you know where they took it?" Or "put it," "stuck it," "hid it," could work, depending on the situation.

• Options

LrfuaYQ.jpg

The question would be in more standard English if it were, " Do you know where they brought it?"

You could also write, " Do you know where they took it?" Or "put it," "stuck it," "hid it," could work, depending on the situation.

did i mention cathtea teaches english composition.

:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top