Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    Shadyboop wrote: »
    Yo...

what happened to hallo?

Dunno...
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Yo...

what happened to hallo?

Dunno...

i don't know if i spelled it right lol
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    edited March 2019
    So here's a scenario: if you were visiting friends in an apartment and you the guest is a picky eater. Friend 1 insists on cooking on you and they agreed to tailor it to your taste. Then they refused to listen to anything you say and then hate you for not eating the dish they make whose the rude person here- Guest or the cook?
    @MadameLee sounds like the friend wasn't helpful if they didn't listen to any of the guest's suggestions despite agreeing to cook what the guest liked.
    Did the guest know they were being cooked for before visiting the friend's?

@simscognito It's defintley NOT me (I can't even travel to Toronto on my own-much less visit friends!)

Its not exactly clear it's one of those NAR stories (well techinally NAF-Not Always Friendly) story. OP was visiting their (her?) hometown after college and two of their friends had their own apartment and was thrilled to have OP. One of the friends (friend 1) wanted to show off her cooking so she (friend 1) insists on cooking a meal and after Friend 1 decides on Lasagne. Friend 1 agrees she would tailor it to the Op's taste, But when OP looks at the recipe she said she would replace Rittocia cheese with cottage cheese. Then the friend asked about spices and when the OP said she didn't know and normally buy jarred sauces and Friend 1 is like "No jarred scauses have too much salt/sugar in them-I will make my own." OP: "I had some awful homemade sauces I would preferred jarred." Friend 1: "No I'm making my own. Don't worry I will make sure you'll like it"

*later after a shopping trip and Friend 1 is cooking and asks OP for feedback*
    OP tastes it and said "It needs something. Add a dash of salt to it"
    Friend 1 "I didn't put any salt in it it doesn't need it"
    OP: "Yeah it does"
    Friend 1: "“No, it doesn’t. You don’t need salt when you have all these other spices you can put in it. Besides, you’ve said you don’t like things too salty.”
    OP: "There's a difference between too salty and no salt at all. You asked me what it needs and it needs a little bit of salt. Let me guess you didn't put any sugar in it either"
    Friend 1: "Nope"

(Op then couldn't eat the meal after it was cooked so ended up eating a microwave meal and Friend 2 didn't really like it either. OP the next night made them Salsa Chicken)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    So here's a scenario: if you were visiting friends in an apartment and you the guest is a picky eater. Friend 1 insists on cooking on you and they agreed to tailor it to your taste. Then they refused to listen to anything you say and then hate you for not eating the dish they make whose the rude person here- Guest or the cook?

The cook. If they said they would make something you liked and didn't, they're the rude person. :)
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    @squirrelwithacup look at the post above you-it basically what happened int he story. I only left out Friend 2 out of it when Friend 1 and OP were talking.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @squirrelwithacup look at the post above you-it basically what happened int he story. I only left out Friend 2 out of it when Friend 1 and OP were talking.

Ahhh... well, it's understandable how that situation could be problematic. My opinion still stands though.
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @squirrelwithacup my sister's picky (doesn't eat kidney/baked beans, tomatoes, and raw carrots). So when she was living with us i would always make sure to not add (carrots for instance) to the salad until after I put a bowl of salad off-side for (sis). If I was making tacco salad (main course) I would add the kidney beans after putting a bowl off side for my sister.

I have preferences for "white rice" to have something on it. It caused a bit of drama some weeks ago with Mom but we figured out a win-win solution
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @squirrelwithacup my sister's picky (doesn't eat kidney/baked beans, tomatoes, and raw carrots). So when she was living with us i would always make sure to not add (carrots for instance) to the salad until after I put a bowl of salad off-side for (sis). If I was making tacco salad (main course) I would add the kidney beans after putting a bowl off side for my sister

Wait, she doesn't like tomatoes!? That's a crime. I love tomatoes. :joy: But yeah, that's always the best thing to do. As a vegan I'm not picky, I just have an extremely limited diet. And there ARE a few foods I don't like. Nothing's more annoying than when a restaurant doesn't have anything to accommodate my vegan diet, so I can definitely understand why a picky eater would be annoyed if there wasn't any food they liked somewhere, even like for example at a friend's house.
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member
    Hello everyone!

The cook. If they said they would make something you liked and didn't, they're the rude person. :)

@squirrelwithacup I guess I will put my 2 cents as well. lol It's very thoughtful if the person whom invites you over for a meal ask what you like and fixes it for you, but they are not entitled to do so. Remember you are a guest in their home and usually that means whatever they serve you should be gracious for. You might not like it, but if you know you are a picky eater and know that more than likely you won't like what they are serving, then don't agree to the dinner invite or suggest that you can bring something to help with the meal. Then bring something you like and eat that when there. If they agree to fix something you like and don't, that is very impolite of them and should be more considerate. Then I would next time bring something with me just in case they did that again. Then you would have something to eat at least. Most of the time majority rules. Meaning, if most people that are coming are meat eaters, then there will be meat and probably not much selection for those whom don't. I think when hosting any kind of get together that involves food, the cook needs to try and keep in mind everyone's taste and food preference as much as possible.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @squirrelwithacup apparently our paternal grandma tried feeding her tomatoes when she was a baby when Mom was coming down the stairs and ever since didn't like tomatoes. I like tomatoes of any kind. One of our cousins is Vegetarian (the one who is the Mommy of a 2 year old girl) and the first time Mom would be having her "cast party" (aka family and a friend of my dad's) after her one-woman play. When I heard that Cousin Er would be coming-I remembered the reunion at Er's place and her asking about meat in the dish and her mom Aunt D saying something about being vegetarian. When i came back to the present-I told Mom and we got couple of tofu-dishes for her and for Dad's friend Most of the other dishes were made gluten-free.

(Don't know if it was because Dad taught the Chinese restaurant owner's daughter about the Chinese dishes being glutten free)

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Yo...

what happened to hallo?

I read that as halo :D
  • Options
    @squirrelwithacup apparently our paternal grandma tried feeding her tomatoes when she was a baby when Mom was coming down the stairs and ever since didn't like tomatoes. I like tomatoes of any kind. One of our cousins is Vegetarian (the one who is the Mommy of a 2 year old girl) and the first time Mom would be having her "cast party" (aka family and a friend of my dad's) after her one-woman play. When I heard that Cousin Er would be coming-I remembered the reunion at Er's place and her asking about meat in the dish and her mom Aunt D saying something about being vegetarian. When i came back to the present-I told Mom and we got couple of tofu-dishes for her and for Dad's friend Most of the other dishes were made gluten-free.

(Don't know if it was because Dad taught the Chinese restaurant owner's daughter about the Chinese dishes being glutten free)

Ohh. You know, funny story... I hate tofu. I'll eat lots of soy products but actual tofu itself is ew.
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options

Ohh. You know, funny story... I hate tofu. I'll eat lots of soy products but actual tofu itself is ew.

i hate pepperoni. but if its free pizza from work i eat it.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Wow, I didn't know there was a discussion like this on the forum. I don't know if I fit in there since I'm writing a Comic, but I was wondering if this could be the right place to ask questions about English and English common saying, given the fact that it's not my mother language but the comic I'm writing is in English.
  • Options
    Yo...

what happened to hallo?

halo is a video game :)
  • Options
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Wow, I didn't know there was a discussion like this on the forum. I don't know if I fit in there since I'm writing a Comic, but I was wondering if this could be the right place to ask questions about English and English common saying, given the fact that it's not my mother language but the comic I'm writing is in English.

we take everyone :)
  • Options
    I think I fiddle enough with the family trees at the moment. I just need to decide which teen I will need to "Delete" for story-purposes.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Yo...

what happened to hallo?

And o:)
  • Options
    Yo...

what happened to hallo?

:p okay legacy. your response reminded me of something legacy would do.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I need some idea of what could the Ring indicated (the sim in the picture is a teen).u5BGgpx.png?1

The necklace is the "heirloom" passed down from Elizabeth's (the teen) great-grandma
    1xvPp6Y.png

anyone have a suggestion of what the ring could represent (not marriage!!)

@simscognito @squirrelwithacup
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I need some idea of what could the Ring indicated (the sim in the picture is a teen).u5BGgpx.png?1

The necklace is the "heirloom" passed down from Elizabeth's (the teen) great-grandma
    1xvPp6Y.png

Perhaps a special ability or "power?" Since it's an eye, something like "seeing" the future? Or if that's too mystical, a non-romantic bond with someone else?
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options

1xvPp6Y.png

Perhaps a special ability or "power?" Since it's an eye, something like "seeing" the future? Or if that's too mystical, a non-romantic bond with someone else?

maybe it could represent that Elizbaeth's going to be moved "higher up" (Duchess) on the nobility ladder (Her mom's a Marchioness). I know her daughter Juliet will be a princess by marriage and by birth (somehow the Berjsen decide to give up their crown to the Swanson after Romeo marries Juliet)

Clarissa started off as a "Gentle woman"
    Hannah was a Dame after marrying Jacob
    America is a Marchioness after marrying David
    Elizabeth will be a Duchess before and after marrying and divorcing Wyatts
    and Juliet will be a princess after marrying Romeo
    Her female offspring and their female offspring will also be princesses if they're close enough to the generation

So maybe it's sort of like a seal of sorts?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,246 Member
    Yo...

what happened to hallo?

shifty-eye-gif-13.gif
  • Options
    Yo...

what happened to hallo?

shifty-eye-gif-13.gif

i promise it was a compliment. :)
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,246 Member
    Yo...

what happened to hallo?

shifty-eye-gif-13.gif

i promise it was a compliment. :)

I just saw my name and had to come peak. :grimace:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top