The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    New Krazy Crazy Life of Kassiopeia Fullbright chapter out today!

cc.jpg
    Gage reveals some startling news!
    1.55, Pt. 2: Hanging Out (KCLKF)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks @CathyTea and @divanthesimmer for your suggestions. I did read some new chapters yesterday and it felt so good to get back into the habit. I'm going to start small and set aside a few days a week to read, and alternate between reading, writing, and gaming with my busy schedule. I think that'll keep me from feeling too overwhelmed and still allow me to create a good habit and encourage my fellow writers in the SimLit world.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Just have to gush about my workday real quick (because I just had an awesome work day, and everyone at home is already in bed).

One of my techs told me I'm her favorite assistant! Woohoo! I also had the vet tell out in-training vet that if she ever needs someone to help with an aggressive dog, I'm the one to go to (I've built up a reputation for making friends with all our aggressive patients). ^-^
    I've also been invited by our newest team-member to join his new D&D campaign, and I'm psyched! I've never played before, as none of my friends are interested at all, but I've always wanted to. He's gonna help me create a character, and gave me some youtube videos to watch and podcasts to listen to to get an idea of what we'll be doing. :smiley: Last few times I've worked with him, we've spent the entire time chatting about animes, video games, and nerdy stuff, which I don't have a lot of people to do that with.

that is cool.

yesterday was cool for me as well. i did the dishes then my manager told me to kidcheck so the girl there could take her break i pointed out i hadn't had mine yet either and she said since the other girl was there before me she had to go first. but after her break the girl went to help with the prize counter. then this same manager asked me to do the dishes .i said i never got my break and explaned what happened and ..she said she was sorry. which i still love because normally it doesn't happen.

but the funny part happened just a little later this girl blanked on another employees name but remembered mine. the other girl was her sister. who she lives with.

i can't tell anyone yet either. brian insists on using one of those by the minute card phones

Oh my god, how do you forget your own sister's name? :lol: That's super cool, though!

I've had so many people forget my name, it's not even funny. One of the vets I work with (I'm usually on a different shift than he is, to be fair) asked, while I was in with my parents and their dog, if I still worked there. Like, yes, Doc. I've been here for two years now. lol

were down to one manager besides her. shes the gm. i used to call the other one scary guy 2 there were 2 that scared me but the other quit aside from the fact i could never remember his name. hes tall and we didn't talk at first. the other day we talked and he even fist bumped me. i liked that not as much as the gm apologing but it made me feel like the people i work with. i'm the oldest.
  • Options
    supernatural103supernatural103 Posts: 433 Member
    Just have to gush about my workday real quick (because I just had an awesome work day, and everyone at home is already in bed).

One of my techs told me I'm her favorite assistant! Woohoo! I also had the vet tell out in-training vet that if she ever needs someone to help with an aggressive dog, I'm the one to go to (I've built up a reputation for making friends with all our aggressive patients). ^-^
    I've also been invited by our newest team-member to join his new D&D campaign, and I'm psyched! I've never played before, as none of my friends are interested at all, but I've always wanted to. He's gonna help me create a character, and gave me some youtube videos to watch and podcasts to listen to to get an idea of what we'll be doing. :smiley: Last few times I've worked with him, we've spent the entire time chatting about animes, video games, and nerdy stuff, which I don't have a lot of people to do that with.

that is cool.

yesterday was cool for me as well. i did the dishes then my manager told me to kidcheck so the girl there could take her break i pointed out i hadn't had mine yet either and she said since the other girl was there before me she had to go first. but after her break the girl went to help with the prize counter. then this same manager asked me to do the dishes .i said i never got my break and explaned what happened and ..she said she was sorry. which i still love because normally it doesn't happen.

but the funny part happened just a little later this girl blanked on another employees name but remembered mine. the other girl was her sister. who she lives with.

i can't tell anyone yet either. brian insists on using one of those by the minute card phones

Oh my god, how do you forget your own sister's name? :lol: That's super cool, though!

I've had so many people forget my name, it's not even funny. One of the vets I work with (I'm usually on a different shift than he is, to be fair) asked, while I was in with my parents and their dog, if I still worked there. Like, yes, Doc. I've been here for two years now. lol

were down to one manager besides her. shes the gm. i used to call the other one scary guy 2 there were 2 that scared me but the other quit aside from the fact i could never remember his name. hes tall and we didn't talk at first. the other day we talked and he even fist bumped me. i liked that not as much as the gm apologing but it made me feel like the people i work with. i'm the oldest.

See, everyone I work with is super nice to me. We work real close with each other (like, literally close), so we've come to have no boundaries with each other. Like, my vet saw my underwear today, and we had a conversation about where we get our underwear from (in front of our other coworker who's a guy, and he didn't even bat an eye).

I'm actually the youngest where I work (though, I think we're hiring a newbie who'll be younger than me), and my coworkers took me out for drinks on my 21st birthday, and my manager bought me a couple drinks. We all love hanging out together, even outside work.
    yaHATa3.png
  • Options

that is cool.

See, everyone I work with is super nice to me. We work real close with each other (like, literally close), so we've come to have no boundaries with each other. Like, my vet saw my underwear today, and we had a conversation about where we get our underwear from (in front of our other coworker who's a guy, and he didn't even bat an eye).

I'm actually the youngest where I work (though, I think we're hiring a newbie who'll be younger than me), and my coworkers took me out for drinks on my 21st birthday, and my manager bought me a couple drinks. We all love hanging out together, even outside work.

i'm the oldest at work. but every now and then i rub it in that theres a 16 year age gap between cathtea and me. i'm the baby so i say its my job to pick on her. usually when shes being cheeky. so not often.
  • Options

that is cool.

bad super lol. i missed the part about the underwear the first time i read through. its after 11 here.
  • Options

that is cool.

bad super lol. i missed the part about the underwear the first time i read through. its after 11 here.

lol And that's super tame for what we usually do. It's basically all dirty jokes in the back area (obviously can't joke around like usual in front of clients). We're pretty much only serious when we have a sick patient that we're working on. :lol:
    yaHATa3.png
  • Options
    DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    I'm going to Scotland for a week tomorrow! With my best friend / soul sister no less! I'm super excited!

And I was at my doctor's yesterday and my baby is doing great, it's grown a lot and I am starting to show a little bit. I bought 2 pants at the second hand store because I don't fit in my jeans anymore.

And I have started a new TS3 game, I hope to do a Basegame Legacy (well I have Seasons and Generations but they don't come with LTWs)
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member

That sounds absolutely fantastic!! Congrats on the new friend, and you're going to love d&d it's a great game!
  • Options
    SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    Hey there guys! :) I've been absent the past few days because I'm on a trip to Mexico, and I thought it would have been easier to post things/read things, but that isn't the case. :( I'll most likely only post today an tommorrow (?), so, there's that.

Keep it up with the discussions!

Anyway, I came here to do nothing more, nothing less then promote a new chapter of Campbell House!I'm not messing up my posting schedule lol
    Wdt8tYX.png
  • Options
    @supernatural103 Congrats! I'm in a D&D campaign or two. Do you know what version? We started a sessioj with some of our youth group and they invited friends. Everyone says we're crazy to work with the middle school. They may be loud and ask a lot of questions, but it's really been a lot of fun. It's probably my favorite game I've played.

My chracter is a dwarf cleric. As a veteran player (...and it sounds weird to say since I've only been playing for 3 years), I've taken on the role of party healer, guide, and mentor. It's been rewarding to watch the kids grow and learn. Every time they're super grateful we opened our home, fed them, and they say how much they had fun. It's been a growth experience for me too.

Ask lots of questions if you need. We have a house rule that you can ask game mechanics rules and questions out of character (by giving the time out symbol). Have fun with it. Play it up and get into character. You can think of it as an impromptu play of sorts.

What kind of character are you thinking of playing?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I'm going to Scotland for a week tomorrow! With my best friend / soul sister no less! I'm super excited!

And I was at my doctor's yesterday and my baby is doing great, it's grown a lot and I am starting to show a little bit. I bought 2 pants at the second hand store because I don't fit in my jeans anymore.

And I have started a new TS3 game, I hope to do a Basegame Legacy (well I have Seasons and Generations but they don't come with LTWs)

Enjoy Scotland! Congrats on baby, @DeiraShadeweaver! And good luck with TS3 legacy. It is still my favorite Sims game. Let me know when you start your legacy. I am always looking for new TS3 stories to read.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

that is cool.

lol And that's super tame for what we usually do. It's basically all dirty jokes in the back area (obviously can't joke around like usual in front of clients). We're pretty much only serious when we have a sick patient that we're working on. :lol:

my neck hurt from laughing. i knew i forgot something.
  • Options

that is cool.

actually theres another sunday story from this last weekend. instead of asking who i liked this girl wanted to know who i hate at work. and to her and everyone else suprise i had one. and when i gave up the name no one seemed shocked. i told them it was because the person a few weeks ago had tricked me in to doing their job. they weren't shocked by that either.
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    @supernatural103 Congrats! I'm in a D&D campaign or two. Do you know what version? We started a sessioj with some of our youth group and they invited friends. Everyone says we're crazy to work with the middle school. They may be loud and ask a lot of questions, but it's really been a lot of fun. It's probably my favorite game I've played.

My chracter is a dwarf cleric. As a veteran player (...and it sounds weird to say since I've only been playing for 3 years), I've taken on the role of party healer, guide, and mentor. It's been rewarding to watch the kids grow and learn. Every time they're super grateful we opened our home, fed them, and they say how much they had fun. It's been a growth experience for me too.

Ask lots of questions if you need. We have a house rule that you can ask game mechanics rules and questions out of character (by giving the time out symbol). Have fun with it. Play it up and get into character. You can think of it as an impromptu play of sorts.

D&D talk! My favourite kind of talk!!!
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    Hey everyone! New chapter of Nightshade today! I hope you enjoy Chapter 35, which you can read here!
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,263 Member
    I'm going to Scotland for a week tomorrow! ......

tenor.gif?itemid=3851023
  • Options

@Munterbacon what campaign(s) are you in? What kind of characters do you play?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member

I'm in 3 campaigns (one online and two in person):

Online:
    I play with @aroseinbloom (our wonderful DM) and & fiancee, @Karilan & her husband, and @BlackUndecimber - We're running a Tomb of Annihilation campaign and are currently level 7. I play a Fallen Aasimer, College of Whispers Bard in this one, but I started as a Wild Magic Sorcerer (RIP).

Our next campaign is going to be Storm King's Thunder and I'll be playing a Lizardfolk Barbarian.

In Person (Player):
    This is a Homebrew campaign, and I play a Tiefling Swashbuckler Rogue. We're level 6 in this one and after I get my rogue to level 8, I'll be dropping some levels - at least 6 but probably more - into Bard (College of Swords) - we're losing our healer at the end of this month as she flies back to Ireland, so a couple of us are picking up Healing Spells so we can spot heal when needed.

In Person (DM):
    Managed to wrangle some of my school friends together for a few one-shots, who loved it so much they wanted to run an actual campaign. I'm running a modified Lost Mines of Phandelver campaign with a bunch of personal quests added in to extend things out beyond level 5. My players are currently level 4 and still have a ways to go before they finish it.
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    I had a big cookie for lunch. i had it since after valentines my gift from brian
  • Options

I believe we'll be using the 5th edition, but I have to double check.

I know I'll be asking lots of questions! It sounds like the other members are beginners, too (I think two have played a game or two before, and one has never played, and this is my coworker's first campaign as DM).

I was thinking of a human rouge, but not sure yet. My coworker's gonna bring in a character sheet and help me go tgrough it one of these days, and i'm going to meet him and the group next weekend so I can meet everyone. He also gave me several youtube channels and podcasts to watch/listen to, just to help get a feel for the game.

I'm in 3 campaigns (one online and two in person):

Online:
    I play with @aroseinbloom (our wonderful DM) and & fiancee, @Karilan & her husband, and @BlackUndecimber - We're running a Tomb of Annihilation campaign and are currently level 7. I play a Fallen Aasimer, College of Whispers Bard in this one, but I started as a Wild Magic Sorcerer (RIP).

Our next campaign is going to be Storm King's Thunder and I'll be playing a Lizardfolk Barbarian.

In Person (Player):
    This is a Homebrew campaign, and I play a Tiefling Swashbuckler Rogue. We're level 6 in this one and after I get my rogue to level 8, I'll be dropping some levels - at least 6 but probably more - into Bard (College of Swords) - we're losing our healer at the end of this month as she flies back to Ireland, so a couple of us are picking up Healing Spells so we can spot heal when needed.

In Person (DM):
    Managed to wrangle some of my school friends together for a few one-shots, who loved it so much they wanted to run an actual campaign. I'm running a modified Lost Mines of Phandelver campaign with a bunch of personal quests added in to extend things out beyond level 5. My players are currently level 4 and still have a ways to go before they finish it.

Those all sound like so much fun! I'm super excited to start! 😁
    yaHATa3.png
  • Options
    Luna_KittyLuna_Kitty Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been playing out a story that I'm super proud of and I'd love to write it up and share it. Only thing is I'm terrible at remembering to take pictures. I've got a fair few of the sim's involved but not of every major event and I can never work out how to use pose packs.
    Still I'd love to share it even with the limited pictures I do have.
  • Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    Luna_Kitty wrote: »
    I've been playing out a story that I'm super proud of and I'd love to write it up and share it. Only thing is I'm terrible at remembering to take pictures. I've got a fair few of the sim's involved but not of every major event and I can never work out how to use pose packs.

Hello and welcome to the forums and the lounge, @Luna_Kitty! :) Using pose packs can be a little confusing but if you'd like some help I could try my best to explain. Regardless I would love to see your story!
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,419 Member
    Luna_Kitty wrote: »

Hi @Luna_Kitty I'm new here too. So, nice to meet you! What's your story about?
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top