The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Luna_Kitty wrote: »
    I've been playing out a story that I'm super proud of and I'd love to write it up and share it. Only thing is I'm terrible at remembering to take pictures. I've got a fair few of the sim's involved but not of every major event and I can never work out how to use pose packs.
    Still I'd love to share it even with the limited pictures I do have.

Hi @Luna_Kitty I'm new here too. So, nice to meet you! What's your story about?

welcome glacier and luna. i'm being a bad cohost today. my save recently broke so it requires more game and writing time.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,776 Member
    When I upload the next chapter I will have a little story writing contest
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    @supernatural103 Congrats! I'm in a D&D campaign or two. Do you know what version? We started a sessioj with some of our youth group and they invited friends. Everyone says we're crazy to work with the middle school. They may be loud and ask a lot of questions, but it's really been a lot of fun. It's probably my favorite game I've played.

My chracter is a dwarf cleric. As a veteran player (...and it sounds weird to say since I've only been playing for 3 years), I've taken on the role of party healer, guide, and mentor. It's been rewarding to watch the kids grow and learn. Every time they're super grateful we opened our home, fed them, and they say how much they had fun. It's been a growth experience for me too.

Ask lots of questions if you need. We have a house rule that you can ask game mechanics rules and questions out of character (by giving the time out symbol). Have fun with it. Play it up and get into character. You can think of it as an impromptu play of sorts.

What kind of character are you thinking of playing?

D&D talk! My favourite kind of talk!!!

@Munterbacon what campaign(s) are you in? What kind of characters do you play?

I'm in 3 campaigns (one online and two in person):

Online:
    I play with @aroseinbloom (our wonderful DM) and & fiancee, @Karilan & her husband, and @BlackUndecimber - We're running a Tomb of Annihilation campaign and are currently level 7. I play a Fallen Aasimer, College of Whispers Bard in this one, but I started as a Wild Magic Sorcerer (RIP).

Our next campaign is going to be Storm King's Thunder and I'll be playing a Lizardfolk Barbarian.

In Person (Player):
    This is a Homebrew campaign, and I play a Tiefling Swashbuckler Rogue. We're level 6 in this one and after I get my rogue to level 8, I'll be dropping some levels - at least 6 but probably more - into Bard (College of Swords) - we're losing our healer at the end of this month as she flies back to Ireland, so a couple of us are picking up Healing Spells so we can spot heal when needed.

In Person (DM):
    Managed to wrangle some of my school friends together for a few one-shots, who loved it so much they wanted to run an actual campaign. I'm running a modified Lost Mines of Phandelver campaign with a bunch of personal quests added in to extend things out beyond level 5. My players are currently level 4 and still have a ways to go before they finish it.

*comes out of lurking* D&D!

@Munterbacon What platform do you guys use to play D&D online? Roll20? I'm currently using FantasyGrounds with a few friends.

I actually have a Drow Elf Butler (rogue base) itching for an adventure with a noble character
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    pronterus wrote: »
    @supernatural103 Congrats! I'm in a D&D campaign or two. Do you know what version? We started a sessioj with some of our youth group and they invited friends. Everyone says we're crazy to work with the middle school. They may be loud and ask a lot of questions, but it's really been a lot of fun. It's probably my favorite game I've played.

My chracter is a dwarf cleric. As a veteran player (...and it sounds weird to say since I've only been playing for 3 years), I've taken on the role of party healer, guide, and mentor. It's been rewarding to watch the kids grow and learn. Every time they're super grateful we opened our home, fed them, and they say how much they had fun. It's been a growth experience for me too.

Ask lots of questions if you need. We have a house rule that you can ask game mechanics rules and questions out of character (by giving the time out symbol). Have fun with it. Play it up and get into character. You can think of it as an impromptu play of sorts.

What kind of character are you thinking of playing?

D&D talk! My favourite kind of talk!!!

@Munterbacon what campaign(s) are you in? What kind of characters do you play?

I'm in 3 campaigns (one online and two in person):

Online:
    I play with aroseinbloom (our wonderful DM) and & fiancee, Karilan & her husband, and BlackUndecimber - We're running a Tomb of Annihilation campaign and are currently level 7. I play a Fallen Aasimer, College of Whispers Bard in this one, but I started as a Wild Magic Sorcerer (RIP).

Our next campaign is going to be Storm King's Thunder and I'll be playing a Lizardfolk Barbarian.

In Person (Player):
    This is a Homebrew campaign, and I play a Tiefling Swashbuckler Rogue. We're level 6 in this one and after I get my rogue to level 8, I'll be dropping some levels - at least 6 but probably more - into Bard (College of Swords) - we're losing our healer at the end of this month as she flies back to Ireland, so a couple of us are picking up Healing Spells so we can spot heal when needed.

In Person (DM):
    Managed to wrangle some of my school friends together for a few one-shots, who loved it so much they wanted to run an actual campaign. I'm running a modified Lost Mines of Phandelver campaign with a bunch of personal quests added in to extend things out beyond level 5. My players are currently level 4 and still have a ways to go before they finish it.

*comes out of lurking* D&D!

@Munterbacon What platform do you guys use to play D&D online? Roll20? I'm currently using FantasyGrounds with a few friends.

I actually have a Drow Elf Butler (rogue base) itching for an adventure with a noble character

We're using Roll20 currently :unamused: but we'll be switching to Fantasy Grounds for the next campaign.

dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member

hnnggggggg!!!!
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited July 2020
    Another one-shot, spin-off story I wrote. It is independent of the main story and you do not have to read it to follow the main story. (But I'd appreciate it if you did read it) Thanks for reading. Enjoy.

Post edited by NyteRose on
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    *lurks*

But in all seriousness, I'm looking for a new Renovatrix participant in order to ease back into SimsLit. Any takers?
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    I think it's almost time to make a new Writer's Lounge since I had trouble accessing it.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,259 Member
    I enjoy winter, but this polar vortex needs to go away. Another winter storm warning this weekend in my area.
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I think it's almost time to make a new Writer's Lounge since I had trouble accessing it.

its not the lounge its the forums themselves . sometimes i can't acess them either. then it shows up.
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    I enjoy winter, but this polar vortex needs to go away. Another winter storm warning this weekend in my area.

I'm so done with snow in March. I'm flying south... literally... at the end of the month for a work trip and the predicted weather is upper 60s-lower 70s. I'm ready for warmth.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @friendsfan367 it's was the WL's I could access the other parts only not this unless i went the "Long way" around. Apparently @divanthesimmer 's post from 1:02am got removed which is why I couldn't access the thread
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    supernatural103supernatural103 Posts: 433 Member

Same for my area! We're getting another 11-15 inches this weekend. And I have to work. 😭 So ready for some warmth!
    yaHATa3.png
  • Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    Hey everyone! Here's another new chapter of Nightshade! Read it here!
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    So here's a scenario: if you were visiting friends in an apartment and you the guest is a picky eater. Friend 1 insists on cooking on you and they agreed to tailor it to your taste. Then they refused to listen to anything you say and then hate you for not eating the dish they make whose the rude person here- Guest or the cook?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

I'm so done with snow in March. I'm flying south... literally... at the end of the month for a work trip and the predicted weather is upper 60s-lower 70s. I'm ready for warmth.

Can I come? :grimace:
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    So here's a scenario: if you were visiting friends in an apartment and you the guest is a picky eater. Friend 1 insists on cooking on you and they agreed to tailor it to your taste. Then they refused to listen to anything you say and then hate you for not eating the dish they make whose the rude person here- Guest or the cook?

@MadameLee sounds like the friend wasn't helpful if they didn't listen to any of the guest's suggestions despite agreeing to cook what the guest liked.
  • Options

Same for my area! We're getting another 11-15 inches this weekend. And I have to work. 😭 So ready for some warmth!

Not suppose to get that much here. Only 6 - 9 inches. But that’s 6 - 9 too much. I’ll be working too. And I park outside, so I get to dig my car out. :pensive:
  • Options

@MadameLee sounds like the friend wasn't helpful if they didn't listen to any of the guest's suggestions despite agreeing to cook what the guest liked.

Did the guest know they were being cooked for before visiting the friend's?
  • Options

if i'm following right. usually i'm wrong madam lee is the guest.
  • Options

if i'm following right. usually i'm wrong madam lee is the guest.

Ohhhh. I must be slow today XD
  • Options
    ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    Yo...
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • Options
    Shadyboop wrote: »
    Yo...

what happened to hallo?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list