Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do We Really Need Another Three Years? TS4 at Four Years Old

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    I don't use mods in Sims 2, 3, or 4.

The car problem in Sims 3 I eliminated by removing all the parking in the worlds. No parking - no car issue to be had. The cars will reappear for the Sims without being parked - so no issue. Sims 3 sims pocket cars not parked. The game itself will eventually remove the cars built up in the unplayed Sims inventory at least once a sims week when it sweep/ cleans things like that. So no issue. The issue never return unless you change back to the original Sims 3 world in a User fix with no mods needed. But I had to fix the routing and the worlds issues anyway - so it was easy to fix the car problems while I had the worlds open.

Sims 4 has no car issue - it has no cars or roads on which real game cars can travel - and no programming for any vehicles but fx (which uses simple loop programming on an fx path made for fx only) - which Sims cannot interact with as they are blind to fx in any form - they don't "see" boats, aircraft, ducks, birds, Nessie, etc, etc or even the tourists. They "see" (see means program to interact with... in any form in the game) only non-fx things.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    @Writin-Reg good to see you "writing regularly" again. Hope you are feeling better. You always have a wealth of information concerning the sims.

I'm unaware of there being a car problem in TS3. Pretty smart to eliminate parking spots to fix it.

I do have routing problems as the TS3 sims love to get from point A to B in a very roundabout, scenic pathing. One of my personal pet peeves for TS3.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Look, there are thousands of people who like TS4. I like some of TS4, I liked some packs. Andrew Wilson announced in one of the meetings with stock holders the TS4 had just reacehed it's one billion dollar mark. There is someone who thinks he meant the entire franchise, but it seems he meant the TS4 when statements were corrected out here on the internet. I stop buying when bugs ruin gameplay. I stop buying when nothing else interest me. I didn't like all of TS2, I didn't like M&G or K&B nor did I love Free Time. Especially when aspiration rewards were no longer objects but just buff you could buy. I didn't like all of TS3, especially at first when there weren't any open communities lots other than the library and the museum. Had to wait to LN to get some open lots to visit. My Sims don't give a hoot about a gym, library or museum. So, yeah, I quit when they announced WA until they announced LN. And I didn't buy all EPs or packs or store stuff for TS3. I try to stay informed if I don't like the direction or the price, or the loooong bug lists then I avoid. But it seems with TS4 since it has sold over one billion dollars of products then my few dollars would never make a difference anyway. (And I won't install mods to fix developer mistakes).

Good for the thousands or whatever the actual numbers are that like TS4. :)

You can believe whatever the CEO or whoever says but I know better because of life experience. If you are a human, you have the ability to lie so no I don't take everything I read or hear as if fact. Now unless there is undeniable evidence being shown...okay.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Yep it had a problem when Sims in the game parked anywhere but home - they often left their cars behind and the game would get a build up of abandoned cars - weak computers were known to crash sometimes because of it, others got a lot of lag from it. The game was not good at cleaning up the discarded cars so it always creates a problem. Once I got rid of the car problem and routing my Sims 3 plays flawlessly.

Thanks Luvdasims. Feeling Better - presently anyway. Not out of the woods of course... but feel much better. Also, always happy to be up to being on the forums. Been playing and enjoying Strangerville all week - so that too is a plus. It's been a lot of fun and laughs too.

I wish we could work on all the games as easily as Sims 3 as I don't make mods or care to use them - I much prefer to fix the actual game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    @Writin_Reg In one of my TS3 saves, I have a business that I put 6 parking spots in front of it. I noticed that the spots were always filled with cars, even when I only had 1 or 2 customers. There is a business across the street. So I thought the cars might have been from customers shopping across the street.

I haven't noticed any problems, but it's a fairly new save. Guess I'll have to get rid of those parking spots lol. Thanks as always for the great insight on that problem.
  • Options
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    Look, there are thousands of people who like TS4. I like some of TS4, I liked some packs. Andrew Wilson announced in one of the meetings with stock holders the TS4 had just reacehed it's one billion dollar mark. There is someone who thinks he meant the entire franchise, but it seems he meant the TS4 when statements were corrected out here on the internet. I stop buying when bugs ruin gameplay. I stop buying when nothing else interest me. I didn't like all of TS2, I didn't like M&G or K&B nor did I love Free Time. Especially when aspiration rewards were no longer objects but just buff you could buy. I didn't like all of TS3, especially at first when there weren't any open communities lots other than the library and the museum. Had to wait to LN to get some open lots to visit. My Sims don't give a hoot about a gym, library or museum. So, yeah, I quit when they announced WA until they announced LN. And I didn't buy all EPs or packs or store stuff for TS3. I try to stay informed if I don't like the direction or the price, or the loooong bug lists then I avoid. But it seems with TS4 since it has sold over one billion dollars of products then my few dollars would never make a difference anyway. (And I won't install mods to fix developer mistakes).

You can believe whatever the CEO or whoever says but I know better because of life experience. If you are a human, you have the ability to lie so no I don't take everything I read or hear as if fact. Now unless there is undeniable evidence being shown...okay.

You lie to stock companies in the USA it's a serious crime and you get Prison time. So when a meeting involves the stock companies and investors what is said is backed by a trail of proof - believe me.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited March 2019
    In my honest opinion is this...No we don't need another three years of the sims 4...but guess what? We are getting it regardless...

But consumers do realize they have the upper hand, right? If enough people stopped supporting mediocre then it would cease to exist and only the best would exist because that would be the only thing making money. But as long as consumers support poorly made games and ill business practices, well, those game companies are going to take advantage of those and nothing ever changes.

Consumers: 0

Game Company with lack of integrity: 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

There are plenty of mediocre products out there that beat superior competition all the time. Why? Because they have more marketing power and a more aggressive sales force. Plus people are stupid. That can only explain why some channels on YouTube are so popular.

Interesting observation.

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    You lie to stock companies in the USA it's a serious crime and you get Prison time. So when a meeting involves the stock companies and investors what is said is backed by a trail of proof - believe me.

No, I won't believe you and that is my prerogative. You only go to jail if caught. Also, money talks so I'm sure there's some who can be bribed to keep their mouths shut. If a judge can be bribed...if a police officer can get away with illegal activities, etc. You can be trusting all you want, I don't care.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I think I was probably the only one thinking really? when I saw that post here and saw the article over on SimsVip (linked in a thread here). I was only pointing out no matter what I think of anything about TS4 looks like there are many more who spent a lot of money to keep it going. I would have said a year ago time to make a new game, since this topic is about after four years, here we are still feeling like it's not lived up to the content, gameplay and innovation of the past games. And I was probably one of the first to say, o.k., if the game has made that money why all the excuses about everything wrong with it. But I don't know how they handle that profit or if it's even put back into the game or used to build something for a different IP. At this point, I'm thinking no, it's not put back into the game to make it better or at least the best. When you get to the fourth generation of something, you sort of expect excellence (I do) unless you are watching Rocky IV. It's sort of starting to feel like maybe there shouldn't be a Rocky X(ten) because I know I'm not going to be interested in or buy a MMO, or scripted game for this series. So, I do feel like some of us have lost the battle of what we feel like a good game would be, and time to move on and realise the innovation is no longer there (as far as I am concerned) and it ended a long time ago. It's more of a side game to me anyway, and lost it's ferver most recently when my opinions were taken wrongly and not in the spirit I meant them. I think it ran it's course, and only have some hope maybe 5 won't be this way, but I think this dinosaur (me) no longer belongs in this series. Starting to feel like a man without a country, (female) when my ideas no longer reflect what the majority wants anymore. That sort of feels like that's the past, the game doesn't want anything that made it remarkable so no need to say it anymore.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited March 2019

I think I was probably the only one thinking really? when I saw that post here and saw the article over on SimsVip (linked in a thread here). I was only pointing out no matter what I think of anything about TS4 looks like there are many more who spent a lot of money to keep it going. I would have said a year ago time to make a new game, since this topic is about after four years, here we are still feeling like it's not lived up to the content, gameplay and innovation of the past games. And I was probably one of the first to say, o.k., if the game has made that money why all the excuses about everything wrong with it. But I don't know how they handle that profit or if it's even put back into the game or used to build something for a different IP. At this point, I'm thinking no, it's not put back into the game to make it better or at least the best. When you get to the fourth generation of something, you sort of expect excellence (I do) unless you are watching Rocky IV. It's sort of starting to feel like maybe there shouldn't be a Rocky X(ten) because I know I'm not going to be interested in or buy a MMO, or scripted game for this series. So, I do feel like some of us have lost the battle of what we feel like a good game would be, and time to move on and realise the innovation is no longer there (as far as I am concerned) and it ended a long time ago. It's more of a side game to me anyway, and lost it's ferver most recently when my opinions were taken wrongly and not in the spirit I meant them. I think it ran it's course, and only have some hope maybe 5 won't be this way, but I think this dinosaur (me) no longer belongs in this series. Starting to feel like a man without a country, (female) when my ideas no longer reflect what the majority wants anymore. That sort of feels like that's the past, the game doesn't want anything that made it remarkable so no need to say it anymore.

Never settle.

I won't. I didn't. I know where the series has been. I see now what it has become.

• Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited March 2019
    @Writin_Reg In one of my TS3 saves, I have a business that I put 6 parking spots in front of it. I noticed that the spots were always filled with cars, even when I only had 1 or 2 customers. There is a business across the street. So I thought the cars might have been from customers shopping across the street.

I haven't noticed any problems, but it's a fairly new save. Guess I'll have to get rid of those parking spots lol. Thanks as always for the great insight on that problem.

That happens to me too. If I really want parking spaces, I just make "fake" ones without the actual spot itself or if I want it to look more "like a business" with customer parking, I use the spaces from buydebug with the cars already in them. So hopefully no build up of cars.

• Options

That happens to me too. If I really want parking spaces, I just make "fake" ones without the actual spot itself or if I want it to look more "like a business" with customer parking, I use the spaces from buydebug with the cars already in them. So hopefully no build up of cars.

There is a separate mod for TS3 that cleans up the spawning cars. Spawning cars affect performance on some machines, it's a real problem and I can't believe they never did try to fix that.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    In my honest opinion is this...No we don't need another three years of the sims 4...but guess what? We are getting it regardless...

Yes. This is how I feel. There are, of course, reasons for this happening. I suspect they're not very good reasons... at least for the long-term health of the franchise. But reasons nevertheless.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Never settle.

I won't. I didn't. I know where the series has been. I see now what it has become.

It's a sad day to me when a white shelf is the talk of the town(on social media) when I'm over here expecting innovation.
  • Options
    angelicsamuraiangelicsamurai Posts: 41 Member
    LOL, it's so amazing the amount of coverage, tweets and comments that a single white shelf gets compared to a whole game pack..

and it's only taken how many years to get a pure white one??
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited March 2019
    Oh well one piece of dlc Down... what 18 to go? :p

Edit to add with the console news announcement I guess it’s 16

I mean seriously. It’s a shelf.
    Post edited by MidnightAura on
  • Options

Point-3.png
    https://metro.co.uk/2015/09/27/the-10-biggest-problems-with-the-sims-4-readers-feature-5409308/

Anyone who is a critical thinker can easily put all the pieces together in order to come up with their own educated conclusion.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

Have you never heard of Enron and Arthur Andersen? Sheesh....

My father was an accountant and I also took some accounting courses before I made the decision to be an RN. There are ways of moving data around to make a product look profitable for quarterly and annual reports. Then you move them back to their original places afterward.

• Options
    SeloBeeSeloBee Posts: 177 Member
    edited March 2019

But consumers do realize they have the upper hand, right? If enough people stopped supporting mediocre then it would cease to exist and only the best would exist because that would be the only thing making money. But as long as consumers support poorly made games and ill business practices, well, those game companies are going to take advantage of those and nothing ever changes.

This. This is exactly why I never ever preorder anything because, frankly, you just never know. And you're right, it's exactly why EA continues to put out mediocre packs for top dollar. They're not stupid, they know that people will buy it on pretense alone or simply because it's another Sims title, because people genuinely do that. To me, I could never fathom spending top dollar on something purely for it's name or brand. If I'm spending my money on something, I would want quality, real quality, not this piece-by-piece crap game companies are trying to sell under the guise of "it's the new normal." It only becomes "normal practice" if people buy into it with their money. VOTE WITH YOUR MONEY FELLOW SIMMERS, it's your biggest bargaining chip.

*Edited to correct spelling
    Post edited by SeloBee on
    The world is quiet here
  • Options
    How many of these 15 Bad Branding Habits do you think The Sims franchise is suffering from, let alone, 3 more years?
    15-Bad-Branding-Habits.png

"What’s the most common bad habit you have witnessed?"

"One that is becoming increasingly visible and insidious is the desire to satisfy the demands of Wall Street over satisfying the demands of customers."

https://www.skipprichard.com/15-bad-habits-that-inhibit-brand-building/
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    SeloBee wrote: »

This. This is exactly why I never ever preorder anything because, frankly, you just never know. And you're right, it's exactly why EA continues to put out mediocre packs for top dollar. They're not stupid, they know that people will buy it on pretense alone or simply because it's another Sims title, because people genuinely do that. To me, I could never fathom spending top dollar on something purely for it's name or brand. If I'm spending my money on something, I would want quality, real quality, not this piece-by-piece plum game companies are trying to sell under the guise of "it's the new normal." It only becomes "normal practice" if people buy into it with their money. VOTE WITH YOUR MONEY FELLOW SIMMERS, it's your biggest bargaining chip.

*Edited to correct spelling

Yeah well i do this. I mean i've always bought all pack's but i wouldn't said it's just normal practice or only cuz it's name or brand.
    For me is that i've always loved sims series and i always want to have all expansions also so i can have the full complete sims serie game, even tho i do like some sims titles more than other's. They are all still worth to buy them all.
    When sims 4 first launch i didn't even buy that for the first 2 years since there were major things missing. Things changed and i did gave it a go and i'm glad i did.
    For me buying all pack's for the game i truly like and use serious hours to play is not just for habit.
    But also we don't have another life simulation game than sims, so sims 4 would be best choice for me from past sims games.
    I think people are already voting whit they're money but it also look like there are also a lot of people who also happens to like this game and invest it.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    How many of these 15 Bad Branding Habits do you think The Sims franchise is suffering from, let alone, 3 more years?
    15-Bad-Branding-Habits.png

"What’s the most common bad habit you have witnessed?"

"One that is becoming increasingly visible and insidious is the desire to satisfy the demands of Wall Street over satisfying the demands of customers."

https://www.skipprichard.com/15-bad-habits-that-inhibit-brand-building/
    My jaw just dropped on my keyboard. This is just... Let's leave it with the dots.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    I can understand buying every pack of a game, but as I got older I became more selective with what to purchase. In TS1 yes, I bought it all. I did not buy all for TS2 (stuff packs). I regretted FT other than the hobbies but hated the enthusiam the Sim required when working on a hobby. I like we could uninstall a pack (revert to a backup save) and pick up where we left off before installing a pack I didn't care to play. And I didn't like rewards were no longer objects but buffs (I didn't like that direction) as I said earlier. I uninstalled it until 2014 when EA gave me TS2UC.

TS3 was the same, I didn't want stray horses in my game, don't like annoying strays in my games so I skipped Pets, no matter what the furniture or clothes were, I buy for gameplay. Didn't like direction of WA so I never did get it. And I never will. I know others loved it, but it wasn't for me. And it will never be for how I play The Sims. Didn't get the last two EPs of TS3, either, (read bug lists before purchases and decided, No.)

Same here, I wouldn't buy TS4 until the day Ryan made a speech they were adding pools, ghosts etc. Then I gave it a try. Not a fan of buffs, but it was o.k. Did get some packs but have kept up lists with the bugs from newer, more recent packs or the gameplay content and again that answer has been No. I don't have to own everything to like or dislike something, I know myself pretty well. I'm just a little more selective than when I loved The Sims original. Maybe that's the problem and need for newer customers since I won't buy everything anymore.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Have you never heard of Enron and Arthur Andersen? Sheesh....

My father was an accountant and I also took some accounting courses before I made the decision to be an RN. There are ways of moving data around to make a product look profitable for quarterly and annual reports. Then you move them back to their original places afterward.

There was prison time given out to many Enron and Arthur Anderson Executives?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/former-enron-ceo-jeffrey-skilling-released-from-prison/
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited March 2019

That's what I did too. It works.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

There is a separate mod for TS3 that cleans up the spawning cars. Spawning cars affect performance on some machines, it's a real problem and I can't believe they never did try to fix that.

I fixed it without mods. I already had the world open to fix routing so why not fix it right. There is no need in Sims 3 to have parking spaces seeing sims will pocket their vehicle. Why use a mod when it can be fixed?

In dreams - I LIVE!

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top