Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What style house do your Sims live in?

ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
I'm interested in collecting some data about the types of houses simmers most frequently play with.

On average, what style house do your Sims usually live in?

What style house do your Sims live in? 157 votes

Modern/Contemporary
15%
djacquelynstewCorkysPetalsBeardedgeekFebruary11jupkmnfloridameerkatThenyoukissmewormstache999SekrilpronterusperabearArchieonicbelpitaHopeyStarrsoko37EA_MaiDrakos0xx_Simmer_xx0Brexoxocitysimmer 25 votes
Craftsman
5%
GalacticGalRavager619LissyK9CogshellAquaGamer1212LimorzRobotBeesVanderhoot 8 votes
Victorian
5%
auroraael14alejandro15039FreygeaFlexono1TiaDogOEII1001MuggyQuasarSilentSaphire21Geralt_ofRivia 9 votes
Mid Century Modern
6%
tams2578keenowPapayaSkyBlueSeaWavesTheVanillaVixenSelinaKylesEmo-usagi2187Internal_ChaosEnkiSchmidtMadisonSimmers 10 votes
Cottage
2%
cchant86annaliese39MDianaSimsChelsPlaySims 4 votes
Farm House
3%
Kementarialanmichael1deedles64SimplyToriwgu394AgentJulia 6 votes
Gothic/Castle
1%
orlyonokadele_katnightowl1 3 votes
Unique Styles (please describe in the comments)
1%
Bagoas77simms745AriaMad2 3 votes
I like to mix up the style of home I play with
45%
Akl500PGoldmoldarKita5399Cabelle1863Colorist40Writin_Regjoelygirlsims2BloosmooMeteoraStormWings7KartaiCynnaAnmirlaMariefoxprice83DJQ1308NRowegoodcakebaker62sekojranaLizzychicagoe1990r 72 votes
Other (please describe in the comments)
10%
PlayerSinger2010simgirl1010friendlysimmersladybreidChelleJo5782341b77vlChuChuExpressHermitgirldreamprisonerBusufuNorthDakotaGamerElleysimssmurfy77WildIrishBansheeambaraBunnycatmumCelesterra 17 votes

Comments

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    No idea. I just like really large houses most of the time!
  • Options
    CelesterraCelesterra Posts: 80 Member
    Whatever they can afford or whatever crappy house I built them XD
  • Options
    BunnycatmumBunnycatmum Posts: 40 Member
    Normally European style as I'm from the UK so more familiar to me.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I play rotationally so it's pretty much all styles you mentioned plus some more (european/nordic). I like variety.
  • Options
    ambaraambara Posts: 47 Member
    No particular style, just stuff they can afford and/or what fits in the room colourwise. I don't have any CC (at the moment anyway) so sometimes options are very limited since I like to keep the colours fairly matchy.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited February 2019
    Victorian and old style gothic/castle, no television or electric lights
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    Cape Cod in Brindleton bay
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Warrior's Respite, Windenburg. It's a bigger and more spacious Oakenstead, with several deadicated club rooms for Lucy Divine's Club, 4 basements and a dedicated butler's quarters. Seriously, it's ridiculous.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Victorian
    Why, my favorite sims live in stately Venderbight Manor, a charming Victorian mansion set on Fledermaus Bend's lot in scenic Forgotten Hollow.

tEltXjG.jpg
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    1 floor simple house
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    So far I'm really surprised with these results! I feel like usually I only see modern and craftsman builds trending on the gallery. My "hypothesis" was that most people would vote for one of those two.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Whatever I can build as I'm very bad at building. I just always try to make it cluttery and lived in.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    @friendlysimmers

A "simple house" meaning something like this?

ba51657f225d7cc51dd180b7747593c8.jpg
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    Modern/Contemporary
    Modern/contemporary with loads of windows.
    I used to opt for one level, but have ventured into two levels, I get really frustrated with higher levels where it bounces around when you try and zoom in - if you know what I mean
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    No idea... the one I built them... LOL

NtF0Tqo.jpg

No idea what style it is, just what I threw together.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    Normally I live in a really big house, most of the time Victorian. Currently though, I am doing a tiny home challenge and a harem challenge. The tiny house is still Victorian since I just wanted a smaller version of what I normally do but my Harem home is Chinese palace themed since I love those dramas.

FtcyHAv.png
    MZ6yFm9.png

• Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    I build a lot of homes on the gallery and am using a retro type build that I recently made. I like a simple floor plan with everything necessary to play with in the game. I love a covered area outside for gardening, I always tend to get into gardening when playing, I had built a carport area in this build, and just put my plants that need shelter, woodworking table, and floral arranging table under the carport in place of the upsized toy vehicle I used in the original build..beebox near by ♥
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I prefer mostly cottages, craftsman, cape-cods and farmhouses
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Modern/Contemporary
    I like the clean lines of modern houses so I tend to gravitate towards that style!
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I look for one story homes in nearly any outer style to fit the character. For me it's more about being able to see my sims and having a good flow. They often have a basement for a lab, collectibles or special projects. Now and then I'll use bigger or storied houses, but keep going back to the simpler ones even if my sims are rich.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Cottage
    I'm gonna have to say cottages, as my Sims usually live in their starter homes for as long as possible and most starter homes I built myself are cottages.
    I do also love building Victorians, but rarely play in them because they're too big for my taste.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Unique Styles (please describe in the comments)
    https://ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/618409974AC411E88CF3645AF8C8B96B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=ariamad2&max=50&maxis=false
    This is an earlier version of the house. Honestly, I didn't really know what I was doing when I made the house since it was one of the first houses I made. I call it a "Modern-Whatsit" style house.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    it's Sims specific. My rich Sims usually live in a modern and big house, while my "normal" Sims live in a small Cottages. For my Vampires I usually prefer Victorian and old style houses. Depending my save, with our without electric :)
    My Simself used to life in a Tiny House, just like myself :D.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    Modern/Contemporary
    My main families are all living in modern houses, but sometimes I make some thematic ones, so I make houses that fit.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited February 2019
    Craftsman
    More or less a Craftsman, but it's large. All my Sims' houses are large. I don't like to be confined when I'm trying to zoom in the camera. ;) PBP is confining. Hard to get that good shot.

i4oXsb7.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/