Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis Monthly Feb 4th!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Patrice wrote: »
    I agree with playerSinger2010, i like the monthly maxis updates, they let me know what's going on, and that also gives me time to save money for any new packs that may be coming out. thank you!

What do they let you know and I thought they don't announce new packs? Serious question no sarcasm.

If they announce a new pack before that, then they may talk about it there. Or they might announce the patch date.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    So far, I've always been disappointed by what we got for a The Sims 4 anniversary. I will not get my hopes up for next week and I will definately not watch Maxis Monthly again. I stopped when they said they'd not announce future packs in a live stream. That was the only reason I was watching Maxix Monthly, I thought is would somehow replace the teaser trailers.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited February 2019
    TS1299 wrote: »
    I must say they don't announce packs in the livestreams but they do hint if there is one. Remember how SimGuruKate told SimGuruNinja to check out The Sims official social media pages early next week? A week later, Get Famous was announced. They might not announce a pack, but they might hint it in the stream.

This is true and although we didn't find out right then and there what they were going to announce I was still hyped from that hint Kate threw out there. But I still miss the quarterly teasers.
    Post edited by aprilrose on
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    I plan to miss this. Ever since they announced they won't be discussing you content, they lost me.

They said packs but they didn't say they wouldn't be showing new patch content.

Changed nothing for me that it's Paid vs Unpaid.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    edited January 2019
    Here's what we got a year ago for the 17th anniversary. Will probably be something similar this year so rein in those expectations. :)
    What’s New?
    A new female hair (yes, your males can wear the hair too). The Create-a-Sim artists went all out on this one, I’m loving it! (for specifics, the asset name is yf and ymHair_EF10MedCurl).
    A new Anniversary T-shirt for men and women! You can find it in Create-a-Sim under… T-shirts.
    And 10 new skin tones along the cool and warm undertones to broaden the range of Sim possibilities.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934631/february-6-2018-patch-notes#latest
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2019
    I can't even get excited for these anymore knowing that there's no chance of them talking about new stuff. :/

I'm not even going to watch tbh. Just going to wait until I see the news on SimsVIP or the forums. There's really no point imo. Just hoping there's a good patch ahead because I have 0 interest in the Sims 4 right now. I have not played it for a solid month and I'm not feeling any itch to go back.

Until the sims themselves are meaningful and fun to play with immout. Really tired of the fast food half baked content, the tiny worlds and the grinding that it is to go through the goals of this game.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I have not attended one of these since they started. I will just wait for everyone to post what they talk about. I probably won't be home anyway.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    So far, I've always been disappointed by what we got for a The Sims 4 anniversary. I will not get my hopes up for next week and I will definately not watch Maxis Monthly again. I stopped when they said they'd not announce future packs in a live stream. That was the only reason I was watching Maxix Monthly, I thought is would somehow replace the teaser trailers.

One year we got the kleptomaniac trait, grilled cheese aspiration and tragic clown poster (later updated as a full npc)

I would LOVE more stuff like that, things returning from past sims games like crumblebottom, social bunny etc.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I know of 2 things that will probably get mentioned

Get Famous on console coming out Feb 12th. Next week will be 1 week from release.

The New Romance Challenge on Sims Freeplay.
  • Options
    TS1299 wrote: »
    I must say they don't announce packs in the livestreams but they do hint if there is one. Remember how SimGuruKate told SimGuruNinja to check out The Sims official social media pages early next week? A week later, Get Famous was announced. They might not announce a pack, but they might hint it in the stream.

Oh yes. I forgot about this.
  • Options
    BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    I'll probably catch the VOD, but I doubt I'll watch it live. I hope everyone who does enjoys it, though! c:
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Remember in the first Maxis Monthly SimGuruRomeo showed off Terrain Editing.
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    As long as they do something game related and talk about the game, forums... There is so much to talk about without mentioning packs. There is the base game, the forum, mods, CC, ideas from the forum, big bugs, what will get fixed soonish, what is being worked on right now (base game, bugs) and my favourite topic the frickin prehistoric CAS interface.

See? So much to talk about and not once is it necessary to mention the next pack. Personally the next pack is the least priority when it comes to announcements.
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Am pretty much saying same thing like everyone is saying not interested maxis monthly i rather here new of anything new till then either playing ts3 or 4 till buy more packs came few years now.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I'm not too fussed, but I usually miss out on the live ones anyway - I mostly rely on the forums to tell me what's up.
  • Options
    Normally Maxis Monthly is on Tuesday. Next week it falls on Monday. I wonder if that's cause they have something planned for Tuesday.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Normally Maxis Monthly is on Tuesday. Next week it falls on Monday. I wonder if that's cause they have something planned for Tuesday.

According to what I read via twitter, the actual anniversary is on that Monday. That is why.
  • Options
    Aeren90Aeren90 Posts: 65 Member
    edited January 2019
    Do they remember they have customers all around the world, right? I mean, I understand English even though it’s not my first language, but not all my peers can say the same and they payed the same money. These type of events are not only uneventful, but only focused on English speakers, same as the SimGurus.
  • Options
    Do they remember they have customers all around the world, right? I mean, I understand English even though it’s not my first language, but not all my peers can say the same and they payed the same money. These type of events are not only uneventful, but only focused on English speakers, same as the SimGurus.

Hi @AerenAeren90 The January survey focusing on Maxis Monday and Guru communication is still open. Maybe you could make some suggestions there. :)

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/954616/the-sims-4-feedback-survey-january#latest
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited January 2019
    I have to agree with @Zeldaboy180

In the nicest way possible I don’t care want the Gurus has for lunch or if so and so likes mayonnaise and someone else does not. At the last one they said they would have cake and eat it on stream. Wow.

If that’s what passes for entertainment count me out.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    I plan to miss this. Ever since they announced they won't be discussing you content, they lost me.

They don't discuss content? Really? Then what's the point of them having these? I thought that they at least coquettishly innuendoed some sort of content... which may or may never ever happen.
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I tried to watch it once but I found it boring and almost lost the will to live.
  • Options
    mock68 wrote: »
    I tried to watch it once but I found it boring and almost lost the will to live.

Glad to see you're still with us. :)