Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis Monthly Feb 4th!!!!!

123457...Next

Comments

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited February 2019
    The patch isn't here yet. It's just a precaution warning as they're having issues with other downloads.

It's better to know about it now so people don't panic :D
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    The patch isn't here yet. It's just a precaution warning as they're having issues with other downloads.

It's better to know about it now so people don't panic :D

Thanks, crin.
  • SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    These objects are nice but they don't really spark my interest. I'm mostly interested in what our next pack will be.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Notice on Origin.

gRMjvJt.png

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Notice on Origin.

gRMjvJt.png

That's happened to me before. When your sitting there waiting impatiently to get in and it says 100 percent it's confusing. Glad they put in a warning. I think I've repaired my game over something like that. Now I'll walk away for a bit lol.
    egTcBMc.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    @AngelEb95 wrote: »
    So what's the new content we're getting tomorrow? Did they mention it in the live stream?
    So we are getting about 19 new items plus one new swatch for the paper lamp and 2 new recipes (Mud Carp and Vegetable Dumplings).

Females:

2 dresses
    1 Necklace
    1 pair of earings

Males:

1 top

Children:

1 female dress
    1 male top (might be unisex)

Toddlers:

1 unisex hair
    1 female dress
    1 unisex top

Buy Mode:

1 new Chair
    1 new six seater
    1 new toy
    1 new lamp
    4 new decorations
    1 new plant

So just a lot of fluff again. They could give us 100 hair styles, shirts and chairs every month and it still wouldn't be relevant for the actual gameplay. Some freebies are nice, but at the end of the day we need actual gameplay content and not recolors or stuff that just puffs up the catalogue. I was hoping for at least one actual gameplay item, but once again that didn't happen.
    Some of the free items do look nice, but I don't just want to look at my game - I want to play and discover new things and play new stories.

Not likely to get gameplay in a patch, other than the toddlers and occasional new career, maybe cars somewhere down the line. Decor can be gameplay related though -- for players who have Seasons they'll now have items to use to create a Lunar New Year holiday. I've done a Diwali celebration with my Sims who adopted a boy with Indian heritage. (Traditions were eating, baking, telling stories and fire -- candles are a big thing for Diwali, as well as colored lights.) And I really love the new dining set -- much more formal than the other large round tables (from JA and Seasons).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    @AngelEb95 wrote: »
    So what's the new content we're getting tomorrow? Did they mention it in the live stream?
    So we are getting about 19 new items plus one new swatch for the paper lamp and 2 new recipes (Mud Carp and Vegetable Dumplings).

Females:

2 dresses
    1 Necklace
    1 pair of earings

Males:

1 top

Children:

1 female dress
    1 male top (might be unisex)

Toddlers:

1 unisex hair
    1 female dress
    1 unisex top

Buy Mode:

1 new Chair
    1 new six seater
    1 new toy
    1 new lamp
    4 new decorations
    1 new plant

So just a lot of fluff again. They could give us 100 hair styles, shirts and chairs every month and it still wouldn't be relevant for the actual gameplay. Some freebies are nice, but at the end of the day we need actual gameplay content and not recolors or stuff that just puffs up the catalogue. I was hoping for at least one actual gameplay item, but once again that didn't happen.
    Some of the free items do look nice, but I don't just want to look at my game - I want to play and discover new things and play new stories.

Not likely to get gameplay in a patch, other than the toddlers and occasional new career, maybe cars somewhere down the line. Decor can be gameplay related though -- for players who have Seasons they'll now have items to use to create a Lunar New Year holiday. I've done a Diwali celebration with my Sims who adopted a boy with Indian heritage. (Traditions were eating, baking, telling stories and fire -- candles are a big thing for Diwali, as well as colored lights.) And I really love the new dining set -- much more formal than the other large round tables (from JA and Seasons).

100 % agree. Decor, clothing, and lot builds. Might not be new game-play interactive objects but it can definitely inspire new game play ideas and stories.
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    at least it's something players will most likely use
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Kind of sad Maxis never seems to acknowledge Valentine's. I don't think we ever got anything for it besides when the woohoo event happened and we got some hairs and underwear.

Barely any new romantic animations/interactions have been added in 4 years. I think maybe only 3 or 4 have.

Well these can be used for Valentine's Day thanks to the rose on them
    02-05-19_11-13-29nbspPM.png

02-05-19_11-15-03nbspPM.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Kind of sad Maxis never seems to acknowledge Valentine's. I don't think we ever got anything for it besides when the woohoo event happened and we got some hairs and underwear.

Barely any new romantic animations/interactions have been added in 4 years. I think maybe only 3 or 4 have.

Yes this is why I'm going to download Sacrificials Romance Animations Mod next week.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    @soko37 wrote: »
    Having new food always excites me, but they use the same animations for all of it. I get so tired of the bowl with liquid in it for every recipe. It looks like they are forever making pancakes then all the sudden its...dumplings or fish. Sims 2 had different animations to fit what they were actually making. I miss that.

I will never use any of those outfits.

Sims 4 also has different animations. Chopping vegetables/fish/meat, stir the bowl, making dough, stir vegetables in a bowl salad style etc. The bowl that you see for the vegetable dumplings makes sense since it uses some sort of dough and the vegetables are inside, it's part of the actual real recipe. If you have CL you can get your sim to use chopsticks while eating food if you increase that hidden skill and then you can make them eat these recipes with chopsticks.

Making dough never requires a bowl and spoon and is never liquid anything in a dumpling recipe. Dough is not liquid. The same chopping of vegetables then mixing liquid in a bowl is used for most every recipe. Unless you have played sims 2 you might not understand what I mean. I would have enjoyed watching them roll out little squares of dough and fill a couple with vegetables then pinch them shut.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member

There's tons of Valentine's decor in the game and a preset holiday for it. What more did you want? I too would love more romantic interactions but not just for holiday. They need a game pack or something. But yeah there's decor but sometimes you wont know its V day decor unless you flip through the swatches.