Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis Monthly Feb 4th!!!!!

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
This is a week earlier then I thought. Can't wait to find out what their going to talk about.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I rather being pessimistic so I dont get dissapointed if the next maxis monthly doesnt reveal anything worth revealing for the game.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Hope there's cake. p:
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Oh nice that they will be talking to SimGuruLyndsay also... looking forward to that. Ninja and Morgan are always fun also so this should be good.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,877 Member
    edited January 2019
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Ok..... I’m not sure if that same picture has been posted before, but if not maybe the champagne bucket and back pack mean we have a love pack coming up and a teaching pack coming up!
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm excited for this! I love watching the Maxis Monthly live streams.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I plan to miss this. Ever since they announced they won't be discussing you content, they lost me.
  • Options
    She said they wouldn't be discussing paid content.
    Now, Maxis Monthly. When we first announced Maxis Monthly I stated that not every Maxis Monthly would include revealing new content for TS4 (or TSM or TSFP). I also made it very clear from the first Maxis Monthly that new PAID content (that means EPs/GPs/SPs) would not be announced during these streams.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited January 2019
    Ah, nice. Wonder if well get any little freebies for the upcoming anniversary. :) Completely fine with no teasers to 'paid' content. Wonder how the 20th anniversary will be for the sims next year.

Glad they did away with teasers. Made me feel like the wait would be waaaay longer for what packs were planned for the year.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    I plan to miss this. Ever since they announced they won't be discussing you content, they lost me.

They said packs but they didn't say they wouldn't be showing new patch content.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    They can talk about a new pack if they announce it before the live stream ....
  • Options

Yes I'm hopeful we'll get an official pack announcement Wednesday.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Who cares. I don't know how many of these I've missed already. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    Don't really care to be frank since they said they will never announce new packs.

Teasers were better. We're back to the dark ages, and I mean this as constructively as possible, but to them it seems They think talking about their favorite sandwhiches and playing games is communication when really what we want is to be made more aware of what's going on behind the scenes.

Take metroid Prime 4 for example. It was announced a couple years ago, but recently they made a video saying they were scrapping it and restarting development with the original team that made the first prime games in charge this time.

A lot of people are sad, but nobody is mad and we're all understanding because they took the time to addres us and let us know the game was not meeting their standards and they wanted it to be great.

Can you Imagine if EA did that with the toddlers and ghosts etc? State that they knew people were upset without them and They goal is to eventually add them in a free patch?

Instead we got a "we hear you" for several years and never knew if they were coming.

That is not transparency at all, and I'm sure it comes from the higher ups and not our Gurus and I'm sure they'd like to talk more about the projects they're working on but still.

Talking about your favorite restauraunt while playing the game is not communication.

Even blizzard with all the mess they're under for the new Diablo is better at communication.

They hold pretty much monthly q and a's for world of warcraft where fand can express concerns or questions and they talk about the direction of the game and what is being worked on several patches in advance.

Frankly, the communication we get is a Joke, and I seriously appreciate Kate and all of the other gurus for trying, but its just not what I am looking for when I say i want better communication.

Finally, someone sums up what I've been thinking...Yeah, I feel the same.

Wonder if there will be any fixes or simply a bit of content, I'm grateful to anything that doesn't fling new bugs on us. Either way, I'm never holding my breath over stuff like this.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I must say they don't announce packs in the livestreams but they do hint if there is one. Remember how SimGuruKate told SimGuruNinja to check out The Sims official social media pages early next week? A week later, Get Famous was announced. They might not announce a pack, but they might hint it in the stream.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited January 2019
    They lost me at doing the livestreams. I do not have the time to set aside for pointless jibber-jabber. I have not been impressed by the team for a couple years now, since my expectations have not been met.
  • Options

Yes I'm hopeful we'll get an official pack announcement Wednesday.

Wouldn't that be wonderful! I'm not holding my breath but CLP love your optimism. <3
  • Options
    Missimay94Missimay94 Posts: 45 Member
    I really hope they do release some news soon :)
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Ooh, I hope there’s gonna be some free content!! Another anniversary shirt would be good!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    I agree with playerSinger2010, i like the monthly maxis updates, they let me know what's going on, and that also gives me time to save money for any new packs that may be coming out. thank you!
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    edited January 2019
    She said they wouldn't be discussing paid content.
    Now, Maxis Monthly. When we first announced Maxis Monthly I stated that not every Maxis Monthly would include revealing new content for TS4 (or TSM or TSFP). I also made it very clear from the first Maxis Monthly that new PAID content (that means EPs/GPs/SPs) would not be announced during these streams.

I really hope they'll talk about some patch news or upcoming bug fixes then at least because otherwise it's pretty much just another Guru Garage. A fun gameplay item for the anniversary would be neat too, but I was really disappointed the last years when we got shirts, paintings and hair styles as anniversary gifts tbh, so maybe I'm wishing for too much...
    I guess they could also announce stuff for the mobile games, but I would really like to know how many mobile players are watching the stream just for that because I just can't imagine that it's too many people.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I can't even get excited for these anymore knowing that there's no chance of them talking about new stuff. :/

^^ This

Seriously, what do they talk about?? The last time I attended one they were talking about the game changers and their you tube channel which I could care less about. If this was suppose to replace quarterly teasers, I don't get it.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Patrice wrote: »
    I agree with playerSinger2010, i like the monthly maxis updates, they let me know what's going on, and that also gives me time to save money for any new packs that may be coming out. thank you!

What do they let you know and I thought they don't announce new packs? Serious question no sarcasm.