Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis Monthly Feb 4th!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited February 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    @AngelEb95 wrote: »
    So what's the new content we're getting tomorrow? Did they mention it in the live stream?
    So we are getting about 19 new items plus one new swatch for the paper lamp and 2 new recipes (Mud Carp and Vegetable Dumplings).

Females:

2 dresses
    1 Necklace
    1 pair of earings

Males:

1 top

Children:

1 female dress
    1 male top (might be unisex)

Toddlers:

1 unisex hair
    1 female dress
    1 unisex top

Buy Mode:

1 new Chair
    1 new six seater
    1 new toy
    1 new lamp
    4 new decorations
    1 new plant

So just a lot of fluff again. They could give us 100 hair styles, shirts and chairs every month and it still wouldn't be relevant for the actual gameplay. Some freebies are nice, but at the end of the day we need actual gameplay content and not recolors or stuff that just puffs up the catalogue. I was hoping for at least one actual gameplay item, but once again that didn't happen.
    Some of the free items do look nice, but I don't just want to look at my game - I want to play and discover new things and play new stories.

I agree with you completely but this is what we got. At least we did get something. I was expecting nothing tbh.

I wish they updated traits and personalities, or the AI overall or add story progression but no.

I hoped too. When will we finally get this? Next year or never? Despite this, I'm happy with the new content.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited February 2019
    So what's the new content we're getting tomorrow? Did they mention it in the live stream?
    So we are getting about 19 new items plus one new swatch for the paper lamp and 2 new recipes (Mud Carp and Vegetable Dumplings).

Females:

2 dresses
    1 Necklace
    1 pair of earings

Males:

1 top

Children:

1 female dress

Toddlers:

1 unisex hair
    1 female dress
    1 unisex top

Buy Mode:

1 new Chair
    1 new six seater
    1 new toy
    1 new lamp
    4 new decorations
    1 new plant

So just a lot of fluff again. They could give us 100 hair styles, shirts and chairs every month and it still wouldn't be relevant for the actual gameplay. Some freebies are nice, but at the end of the day we need actual gameplay content and not recolors or stuff that just puffs up the catalogue. I was hoping for at least one actual gameplay item, but once again that didn't happen.
    Some of the free items do look nice, but I don't just want to look at my game - I want to play and discover new things and play new stories.

I completely agree with this. We’ve had how many patches with freebies which are nice, but add those to all the SP, GP and EP worth of clothes and random objects. I need something to actually DO. Or even a minor change to something people have been asking for would’ve been so nice. I have enough stuff to put in my house, but not enough to do in it

That's always how I feel when I decide to play with sims in my new houses. Beautiful game, objects but not that much depth on sims themselves.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited February 2019
    The new items look nice and I always enjoy more recipes. The textures on the food look great. Hoping this will be more of a pattern with a lot of sim related food with better textures on dishes because they're lookin' mighty fine. That new table looks good looks like it'd fit right in with that chinese restaurant I have in game among a lot of other things. I can see a lot of my sims using a good bit of items in CAS.

It's nice seeing a nice variety of culture in the sims, which I thought was something that lacked in the games.

Those fan earrings I really do like. Usually don't care for overly sized earrings, but I really like them and toddlers getting something in a patch or otherwise is always welcomed. Toddler hair is cute and simple. Would have liked to see some twin hair buns for a hairstyle for teen and up for female, but still gonna enjoy the update.

Can understand some might like it and some don't as they might not use it, but I'll take free content any day.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited February 2019
    Yeah....my interest is not peaked. I am in no way happy or excited for this.

"Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Toddlers getting something was the only thing that surprised me and makes me not think of this update as completely boring. I do wish they would have made new hair for both genders, because despite the claims made, I don't see that hair as being unisex. It just looks like boy hair. And I know girls already have more than boys across all ages, but with toddlers in general having so dang little, it would have been nice to see more. But I'll take what I can get.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Females:

2 dresses
    1 Necklace
    1 pair of earings

Males:

1 top

Children:

1 female dress

Toddlers:

1 unisex hair
    1 female dress
    1 unisex top

Buy Mode:

1 new Chair
    1 new six seater
    1 new toy
    1 new lamp
    4 new decorations
    1 new plant

There is a new fireplace as well
  • Options
    Missing is more Asian hairstyles for adult males and females. We need more.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2019

Females:

2 dresses
    1 Necklace
    1 pair of earings

Males:

1 top

Children:

1 female dress

Toddlers:

1 unisex hair
    1 female dress
    1 unisex top

Buy Mode:

1 new Chair
    1 new six seater
    1 new toy
    1 new lamp
    4 new decorations
    1 new plant

What? I didn't see a fireplace anywhere in the stream :o Graham didn't mention it either.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member

Females:

2 dresses
    1 Necklace
    1 pair of earings

Males:

1 top

Children:

1 female dress

Toddlers:

1 unisex hair
    1 female dress
    1 unisex top

Buy Mode:

1 new Chair
    1 new six seater
    1 new toy
    1 new lamp
    4 new decorations
    1 new plant

I agree with you completely but this is what we got. At least we did get something. I was expecting nothing tbh.

I wish they updated traits and personalities, or the AI overall or add story progression but no.

They mentioned supersecretthing and have yet to announce it, lets just hope one of those needed changes are included in it.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    izecson wrote: »

Females:

2 dresses
    1 Necklace
    1 pair of earings

Males:

1 top

Children:

1 female dress

Toddlers:

1 unisex hair
    1 female dress
    1 unisex top

Buy Mode:

1 new Chair
    1 new six seater
    1 new toy
    1 new lamp
    4 new decorations
    1 new plant

They mentioned supersecretthing and have yet to announce it, lets just hope one of those needed changes are included in it.

I'm not holding my hopes up.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited February 2019
    I was surprised we got anything, never mind free stuff and a patch we don't have to wait an eternity for. I'm always good with free stuff, cause I can always use more - but I was hoping for something gameplay related.

Forgot to add: I also really liked how this one was handled - I knew what to expect before watching. They should do those announcements every time.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    glad I didn't watch, nothing really all that exciting (for me, IMO only of course). I'm not saying the Lunar New Year stuff isn't nice to have. it is. it adds additionally culture related decor and CAS which is always a plus for me. But nothing really game changing either. And that's okay. can't have that every month. Just nothing to get excited over either, for me.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Females:

2 dresses
    1 Necklace
    1 pair of earings

Males:

1 top

Children:

1 female dress

Toddlers:

1 unisex hair
    1 female dress
    1 unisex top

Buy Mode:

1 new Chair
    1 new six seater
    1 new toy
    1 new lamp
    4 new decorations
    1 new plant

What? I didn't see a fireplace anywhere in the stream :o Graham didn't mention it either.

I looked again and it looks like a fountain now. Look to the left when their showing the sims.

They didn't mention everything.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    So glad I missed it. Nothing that adds significantly to my game. It sounds as disappointing as I predicted. My opinion of the game is getting worse, not better.
  • Options
    PuppylikeswhalePuppylikeswhale Posts: 22 Member
    Personally I don't like "EA's" Asian preference. I'm a Korean user and everything Asian in this game is all Chinese or Japanese. I know that there are lots of users from this country. I can assure that the number of Korean users exceeds the number of users from other Asian countries (well, not sure for Chinese though;). This new update only contains Chinese items and I feel that EA has some personal preference toward specific countries in Asia. Disappointing as always.
  • Options

Females:

2 dresses
    1 Necklace
    1 pair of earings

Males:

1 top

Children:

1 female dress

Toddlers:

1 unisex hair
    1 female dress
    1 unisex top

Buy Mode:

1 new Chair
    1 new six seater
    1 new toy
    1 new lamp
    4 new decorations
    1 new plant

I looked again and it looks like a fountain now. Look to the left when their showing the sims.

They didn't mention everything.

I think that's just stuff put together with a fountain emiter to look like a fountain, I think that's part of the lot.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Kind of sad Maxis never seems to acknowledge Valentine's. I don't think we ever got anything for it besides when the woohoo event happened and we got some hairs and underwear.

Barely any new romantic animations/interactions have been added in 4 years. I think maybe only 3 or 4 have.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Having new food always excites me, but they use the same animations for all of it. I get so tired of the bowl with liquid in it for every recipe. It looks like they are forever making pancakes then all the sudden its...dumplings or fish. Sims 2 had different animations to fit what they were actually making. I miss that.

I will never use any of those outfits.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @soko37 wrote: »
    Having new food always excites me, but they use the same animations for all of it. I get so tired of the bowl with liquid in it for every recipe. It looks like they are forever making pancakes then all the sudden its...dumplings or fish. Sims 2 had different animations to fit what they were actually making. I miss that.

I will never use any of those outfits.

Sims 4 also has different animations. Chopping vegetables/fish/meat, stir the bowl, making dough, stir vegetables in a bowl salad style etc. The bowl that you see for the vegetable dumplings makes sense since it uses some sort of dough and the vegetables are inside, it's part of the actual real recipe. If you have CL you can get your sim to use chopsticks while eating food if you increase that hidden skill and then you can make them eat these recipes with chopsticks.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Love the new goodies! <3 Think I'll redecorate my Asian restaurant and update the wait staff outfits.
  • Options
    IreneLudwigIreneLudwig Posts: 125 Member
    I actually really like all the new goodies we're getting! I will add a custom holiday so that my Sims can celebrate Lunar New Year and maybe I'll give the Fengs a makeover with the new CAS items.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I saw a post on twitter by @crinrict about the patch sticking at 100%. Now I can't find the tweet. Is it resolved?
  • Options
    I saw a post on twitter by @crinrict about the patch sticking at 100%. Now I can't find the tweet. Is it resolved?

I saw a warning about this on origin. When I opened it it showed up at the top but the patch isn't out until later so I ignored it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

I saw a warning about this on origin. When I opened it it showed up at the top but the patch isn't out until later so I ignored it.

Thanks, @Sigzy05 . Yeah, they likely will have it fixed by later morning.