Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Introducing The Sims 4 Get Famous

Comments

• Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I'm having a blast playing this game! My Sim is now a Rising Star! I am so loving this!
  • Options
    barbiegoesbarbiegoes Posts: 31 Member
    I love the game, but I am still having trouble with aging in CAS they don't age much, but they still do, so I have them drink a potion once I have them in a house. The CC hair is fixed so I am not sure why the aging did not get fixed in my game, I am working around it :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    barbiegoes wrote: »
    I love the game, but I am still having trouble with aging in CAS they don't age much, but they still do, so I have them drink a potion once I have them in a house. The CC hair is fixed so I am not sure why the aging did not get fixed in my game, I am working around it :)

Hello @barbiegoes
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
  • Options
    Abbspur4Abbspur4 Posts: 2 New Member
    Question for you. I got to get famous expansion and the November update. With the new simstagram additions I should be able to upload to simstagram via my phone in game. It should be listed under the social area. This option is not available for me. The only options I have in this tab are the normal cat with..., send text..., plan a social even, and invite to hangout at current lot.

I’ve deleated all my script mods and updated the only one that I actually use MC command center. I’ve gone through and gotten rid of all broken cc but the issue still isn’t fixed

Any ideas as to what to try next or what mod could be causing this issue?
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Abbspur4 wrote: »
    Question for you. I got to get famous expansion and the November update. With the new simstagram additions I should be able to upload to simstagram via my phone in game. It should be listed under the social area. This option is not available for me. The only options I have in this tab are the normal cat with..., send text..., plan a social even, and invite to hangout at current lot.

I’ve deleated all my script mods and updated the only one that I actually use MC command center. I’ve gone through and gotten rid of all broken cc but the issue still isn’t fixed

Any ideas as to what to try next or what mod could be causing this issue?

Hello @Abbspur4
    Try doing what I suggested in the above post and see if that helps the issue
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16844306/#Comment_16844306

Try testing with a different household and see if those Sims have the option.
  • Options
    Debann84Debann84 Posts: 2 New Member
    I honestly love all the build mode stuff, but why isn't the archway available without the VIP rope like the doors are? I'd love to use that for a walk-in closet opening. Also kind of bummed a curved stairway, or something like that, didn't come with it. Curved stairs would look amazing in the mansions the pack gives us the items, wallpapers, floors, and such to make.
  • Options
    KenK1961KenK1961 Posts: 1 New Member
    Love the new pack, but whatever happened to whims.
  • Options
  • Options
    comasyouarcomasyouar Posts: 25 Member
    I haven't done much yet. Everytime a new expansion pack comes out, I can't wait to start playing and then I get scared I might get bored with it too soon and I take it really slow. Does anyone else recognise this?
    https://thesimsofsunsetvalley.wordpress.com
    The Sims of Sunset Valley recreated in The Sims 4
  • Options
    comasyouarcomasyouar Posts: 25 Member
    edited November 2018
    [quote="alan650111;c-16837757"]I am surprised at how much better this is than what I expected. I probably played about 5 hours today and just scratched the surface of all the game play! I take back what I said about it seeming like it was only game pack size. Can't wait to play some more but alas there is a thing called sleep. Not to mention it's more fun to try to do other things with one's day and not get too Simmed out! Lol[/quote]

Haha yeah I hate that too, that you have to stop playing eventually to go to sleep ;)
    Post edited by comasyouar on
    https://thesimsofsunsetvalley.wordpress.com
    The Sims of Sunset Valley recreated in The Sims 4
  • Options
    barbiegoesbarbiegoes Posts: 31 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > barbiegoes wrote: »
    >
    > I love the game, but I am still having trouble with aging in CAS they don't age much, but they still do, so I have them drink a potion once I have them in a house. The CC hair is fixed so I am not sure why the aging did not get fixed in my game, I am working around it :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @barbiegoes
    > Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    >
    > Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    >

Thank you for trying to help me out, I did all that you suggested and it did not fix it. My work around for now is I give them a potion of youth and they do not age anymore, I have not tried taking them in to CAS anymore, it will have to work for now, I enjoy playing too much to stop now :)
  • Options
    barbiegoes wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > barbiegoes wrote: »
    >
    > I love the game, but I am still having trouble with aging in CAS they don't age much, but they still do, so I have them drink a potion once I have them in a house. The CC hair is fixed so I am not sure why the aging did not get fixed in my game, I am working around it :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @barbiegoes
    > Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    >
    > Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    >

Thank you for trying to help me out, I did all that you suggested and it did not fix it. My work around for now is I give them a potion of youth and they do not age anymore, I have not tried taking them in to CAS anymore, it will have to work for now, I enjoy playing too much to stop now :)

Hello @barbiegoes
    Is it still occurring with new households that you create? If it is, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA site
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Sim-ages-while-in-CAS/td-p/7167873
  • Options
    Molly1996Molly1996 Posts: 24 Member
    > @comasyouar said:
    > I haven't done much yet. Everytime a new expansion pack comes out, I can't wait to start playing and then I get scared I might get bored with it too soon and I take it really slow. Does anyone else recognise this?

My biggest problem is when I know a new one comes out I always get bored of the previous family even if I'm preparing them for the next one.
  • Options
    Metalmilitia13Metalmilitia13 Posts: 4 New Member
    WHEN DOES THIS GET RELEASED ON THE CONSOLE?! WILL IT EVER MAKE IT?!
  • Options
    Metalmilitia13Metalmilitia13 Posts: 4 New Member
    CONSOLE CONSOLE CONSOLE CONSOLE CONSOLE CONSOLE CONSOLE CONSOLE CONSOLE CONSOLE CONSOLE CONSOLE CONSOLE CONSOLE CONSOLE CONSOLE CONSOLE CONSOLE COSNOLE COSNOLE CONSOLE CONSOLE CONSOLE CONSOLE CONSOLE CONSOLE

PLEASE LET US KNOW IF THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT WE WILL GET IT TO!
  • Options
    JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    It's funny because I want my sims to keep their celebrity walk and spark but because they uses vampire mist to move, I have to constant turn the walk back on lol. The only time they actually do the walk is when they are recording or streaming...
    Does anyone know if there's a way to turn this stupid fame walk off permanently? I hate that you have to click on your sim to turn it off constantly. Why can't it just be an option to either have it on or off like vamp speed etc, and it stay that way? It is. So. Slow. Slowest. Walk. Ever. I need it to go away haha.
  • Options
    EmweeEmwee Posts: 18 Member
    I'm thoroughly enjoying the acting career as this is what I do for a living myself! It's whimsical and fun. I do wish there were more livable lots in the new neighbourhood though...
  • Options
    CreateitgamingCreateitgaming Posts: 16 New Member
    Very excited to play this expansion
  • Options
    TheRichSimmTheRichSimm Posts: 2 New Member
    Console? Plz
  • Options
    blerghaborgblerghaborg Posts: 4 New Member
    I got it a week ago , and not going to lie , i am very , very disappointed by the world size . =( I might be wrong but it seems as if this is the smallest and least interesting world among all the other worlds.
  • Options
    Jenny0729Jenny0729 Posts: 23 Member
    I just got this pack on Monday and I can honestly say I'm loving it already!!! I like the challenge of leveling up to celebrity, as I do enjoy being a vampire for this reason. Hmm maybe an idea of what to try next a vampire celebrity?!?!?! The quirks are also the best, my sim did everything in the mirror, mostly cause she was too busy to socialize and then she had the vanity quirk. I honestly laughed out loud because I didn't read any spoilers and had no clue what to expect, so that was genius!
  • Options
    SongOfTheSkySongOfTheSky Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey everyone! I just got the new pack and I'm having issues. So over the past two days I have been building custom lots to put onto the gallery, and today after finishing one decided to purchase the newest expansion pack (Get Famous) and then create a family for the lot I had just finished. I went to move them into the house after it finished installing and all of my custom content (lots) are gone. Some lots have reset back to the lots that were present when the game had first been purchased, and some are just gone. One of my communities is completely empty.

- I do not use mods

- I fully exited and restarted the game (several times)

- I am running Windows 10

- This is the first issue I've had with running the game on this laptop
  • Options
    Hello @SongOfTheSky
    Try checking that the files of your lots are in your Documents -Electronic Arts -Sims 4 -Tray folder.
    If they are still there, do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a Sims 4 folder or a Tray folder in One Drive . The game may be using that Sims 4 folder or tray folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -Sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,

If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another Sims 4 folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the Electronic Arts folder.
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited December 2018
    Whelp. I'm gonna do something I haven't done in a very long time (and the first time I've done this for a TS4 expansion pack). I'm going to officially extend my kudos to the Sims team. I LOVE this pack. I have not enjoyed something TS4 related this much since the Vampires game pack. Best part is, my fears of it and Sacrificial's Road to Fame mod making each other redundant couldn't have been any further from the truth. They actually compliment each other really well.

My only complaint is how small Del Sol Valley is and their BS reasoning for why. That and at least one particular lot (that empty 50x40 lot in the poorer district) is impossible to add a basement too (well, it is possible but you won't be able to zoom in). But other than that, I am thoroughly enjoying this expansion. Even the active career (something I usually hate) is fun! PLEASE keep this up Maxis, we need more of this quality and less City Living or My First Pet Stuff.
  • Options
    Kagome7650Kagome7650 Posts: 5 New Member
    I love the sims get famous expansion i just got it last week but I haven't really gotten to explore del sol valley yet cause i was making my two favorite vampire sims famous Dad and Daughter duo it's was difficult but I got it them to Global Superstars as celebrity Sims.