Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Introducing The Sims 4 Get Famous

Comments

• Options
    pkinitasimspkinitasims Posts: 80 Member
    Only thing I really don’t like is the first camera person bug where you can see their teeth and eyeballs! Anyone know if there’s a fix?

Only thing I really don’t like is the first camera person bug where you can see their teeth and eyeballs! Anyone know if there’s a fix?

Thank you so much! I’ll try that!

• Options
    Metalmilitia13Metalmilitia13 Posts: 4 New Member
    Will this dlc as well as the terrain builder make it to PlayStation 4
  • Options
    CaelaiCaelai Posts: 89 Member
    athenaquin wrote: »
    I can't seem to get Get Famous as part of the Build Your Bundle. Is this because it's a new release? Don't recall that being a problem in the past.

I don't know but now you can! I just bought my Get Famous as part of the Build Your Bundle.
    youtube: Caelai | twitter: caelaisims | tumblr: caelai-sims | origin: caelaisims | discord: Small Simmers
  • Options
    RowKiNG1947RowKiNG1947 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a question, can i make my own Agency?
  • Options
    LightskinLife32LightskinLife32 Posts: 2 New Member
    I play the dine out game pack a lot. It annoys me that my restaurant customers get seated so slowly, and a large group of people end up standing around by the host stand. I need ea to add the ability for my customers to seat themselves, or make it so that the host will seat the customers much quicker
  • Options
    fairlyjillfairlyjill Posts: 1 New Member
    i got the pack, but ever since i got it, whenever i enter build mode i can't see the usual bar thing that shows the selection of furniture, walls, etc, and whenever i try to give my sim the actress career the game shuts down.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    fairlyjill wrote: »
    i got the pack, but ever since i got it, whenever i enter build mode i can't see the usual bar thing that shows the selection of furniture, walls, etc, and whenever i try to give my sim the actress career the game shuts down.

Hello @fairlyjill
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop.
    Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files
    Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem

If you have the UI Cheats extension mod, it can cause this issue if you are using the version before the patch, which is broken . It would be best to remove that mod, and download /install the updated version.
    http://modthesims.info/d/558548/ui-cheats-extension.html
  • Options
    SimmerUnikornSimmerUnikorn Posts: 80 Member
    Caelai wrote: »
    I can't seem to get Get Famous as part of the Build Your Bundle. Is this because it's a new release? Don't recall that being a problem in the past.

I don't know but now you can! I just bought my Get Famous as part of the Build Your Bundle.

I still can't :/
    -Simmer Unikorn
  • Options
    PastelSimmer92PastelSimmer92 Posts: 3 New Member
    Is the get famous expansion pack not showing up for anyone else on the startup screen?
  • Options
    Is the get famous expansion pack not showing up for anyone else on the startup screen?

Hello @PastelSimmer92
    If you have bought the pack, and it is not showing that you have bought it on the main screen, try coming completely out of the game. Then reload the game and see if the issue remains.

If the issue still remains, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • Options
    TinaMM5TinaMM5 Posts: 4 New Member
    Is anyone else having issues with the Talent Showcase? I have removed all mods and CC and cleared the cache but every time there is a talent showcase I sign up at the bar, and when it tells me it is sim's turn to perform I have tried using the guitar, lounge mic, and karaoke machine. It always says sorry looks like no one got to perform... :/ Also I keep losing my drone when it goes to film travel video. It never comes back from the neighborhood...
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > PastelSimmer92 wrote: »
    >
    > Is the get famous expansion pack not showing up for anyone else on the startup screen?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @PastelSimmer92
    > If you have bought the pack, and it is not showing that you have bought it on the main screen, try coming completely out of the game. Then reload the game and see if the issue remains.
    >
    > If the issue still remains, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Thank you for the advice! I just exited the game and origin says that online mode is currently unavailable so I can't even see my game
  • Options
    TinaMM5 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having issues with the Talent Showcase? I have removed all mods and CC and cleared the cache but every time there is a talent showcase I sign up at the bar, and when it tells me it is sim's turn to perform I have tried using the guitar, lounge mic, and karaoke machine. It always says sorry looks like no one got to perform... :/ Also I keep losing my drone when it goes to film travel video. It never comes back from the neighborhood...
    Hello @TinaMM5
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.
    Try starting a new save game and test to see if the issues occur there also.
    If the issues remains, you may be best to post feedback on the AHQ EA site
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > Is the get famous expansion pack not showing up for anyone else on the startup screen?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @PastelSimmer92
    > If you have bought the pack, and it is not showing that you have bought it on the main screen, try coming completely out of the game. Then reload the game and see if the issue remains.
    >
    > If the issue still remains, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Thank you for the advice! I just exited the game and origin says that online mode is currently unavailable so I can't even see my game
    Try shutting down your computer completely. Then restart the computer, log into origin, and see if the issue still remains,
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > PastelSimmer92 wrote: »
    > >
    > > Is the get famous expansion pack not showing up for anyone else on the startup screen?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @PastelSimmer92
    > > If you have bought the pack, and it is not showing that you have bought it on the main screen, try coming completely out of the game. Then reload the game and see if the issue remains.
    > >
    > > If the issue still remains, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    >
    > Thank you for the advice! I just exited the game and origin says that online mode is currently unavailable so I can't even see my game
    >
    >
    >
    > Try shutting down your computer completely. Then restart the computer, log into origin, and see if the issue still remains,

@rosemow i logged onto origin and its stuck on the loading page :(
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > PastelSimmer92 wrote: »
    > >
    > > Is the get famous expansion pack not showing up for anyone else on the startup screen?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @PastelSimmer92
    > > If you have bought the pack, and it is not showing that you have bought it on the main screen, try coming completely out of the game. Then reload the game and see if the issue remains.
    > >
    > > If the issue still remains, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    >
    > Thank you for the advice! I just exited the game and origin says that online mode is currently unavailable so I can't even see my game
    >
    >
    >
    > Try shutting down your computer completely. Then restart the computer, log into origin, and see if the issue still remains,

@rosemow i logged onto origin and its stuck on the loading page :(

Try going to task manager, and close Origin that way. Then shut down /restart your computer, then try logging in again.
    If the issues remain, try uninstalling and reinstalling origin.
  • Options
    PhoenixFoxTailPhoenixFoxTail Posts: 3 New Member
    This genuinely seems like one of their better expansion packs. It's not perfect by any means, but it's definitely one of the more fun and useable/interactive ones that actually brings more to the game unlike some of the other expansion/stuff packs.
  • Options
    PhoenixFoxTailPhoenixFoxTail Posts: 3 New Member
    Oh, just some criticism, it doesn't make sense that they didn't add bands or dance groups.
    Like, we already have dancing, singing and now filming, why aren't we able to create bands, music videos and singing/dance competitions?
    It would have also been a nice final touch to add magicians and magic shows, though I don't know if that would have fit with this particular expansion pack. There's honestly so much that they could add to this game to make it more diverse, fun and interesting, like SO MUCH. I understand that they can't add EVERYTHING. But it would be nice to have things like that. Maybe modders can make things like this then (?).
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Oh, just some criticism, it doesn't make sense that they didn't add bands or dance groups.
    Like, we already have dancing, singing and now filming, why aren't we able to create bands, music videos and singing/dance competitions?
    It would have also been a nice final touch to add magicians and magic shows, though I don't know if that would have fit with this particular expansion pack. There's honestly so much that they could add to this game to make it more diverse, fun and interesting, like SO MUCH. I understand that they can't add EVERYTHING. But it would be nice to have things like that. Maybe modders can make things like this then (?).

Technically, Singing and Dancing Competitions are already in the game. The Karaoke Bar has an Event for Singing Competition Three Days a Week(I Forgot the exact date). Dancing competitions is a feature introduced in Get Together. You can form two groups/Clubs to compete each other, there is an interaction on the dance floor that triggers it, and it can be seen at their marketing screens for Get Together. You can already create your own Dance geoup with Clubs. The Spin Master was a Dance group you can join in, also the Parthouse. You can also make Music Videos using the drones.

The only thing that I am waiting is the is Magic shows and the Bandssss. I have been waiting long enough for bands to come back, and I hope they will add them.
  • Options
    Laci22Laci22 Posts: 1 New Member
    Just got abducted by aliens while live streaming from the drone! There should definitely be some extra fame points for this! But unfortunately not even a moodlet 😐
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    This genuinely seems like one of their better expansion packs. It's not perfect by any means, but it's definitely one of the more fun and useable/interactive ones that actually brings more to the game unlike some of the other expansion/stuff packs.
    Agree. I take back everything I said about GF feeling like a game pack. I am having so much fun, and fame isn't even my thing.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I am surprised at how much better this is than what I expected. I probably played about 5 hours today and just scratched the surface of all the game play! I take back what I said about it seeming like it was only game pack size. Can't wait to play some more but alas there is a thing called sleep. Not to mention it's more fun to try to do other things with one's day and not get too Simmed out! Lol
  • Options
    SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    I'm glad to see it's not as easy to become famous in this expansion like it was in TS3. It's actually quite a challenge. I've played 2 sim weeks so far and I'm still only at 1 star, although I have been focusing more on the acting career than the fame aspect so far.
  • Options
    girlmelaniexogirlmelaniexo Posts: 4 New Member
    I can't wait to get this! :D
  • Options
    CaelaiCaelai Posts: 89 Member
    Caelai wrote: »

I still can't :/

Weird... I just clicked "Buy" and then Origin suggested "Do you want to Build Your Bundle?"
    youtube: Caelai | twitter: caelaisims | tumblr: caelai-sims | origin: caelaisims | discord: Small Simmers