Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Introducing The Sims 4 Get Famous

Comments

• Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    @rosemow I have moved my mods folder to an external drive already. But it stopped at about 84% with those same files, which I think are obviously corrupted. I then re-started my computer and tried to move my mods folder again, which only had those 2 files left in it. All other mods were where I'd moved them, except those 2 files, which are still there in the mods folder.

• Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Any idea when this Pack will come to consoles? I was getting ready for this only to find it's only for PC.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    @rosemow I have moved my mods folder to an external drive already. But it stopped at about 84% with those same files, which I think are obviously corrupted. I then re-started my computer and tried to move my mods folder again, which only had those 2 files left in it. All other mods were where I'd moved them, except those 2 files, which are still there in the mods folder.

You could try downloading new copies of the cc files then try copying and pasting these two same cc files into the mods folder. When given the option to replace them, choose that option.
  • Options
    That is a good idea, will try that now. Thanks and keep your fingers crossed for me, @rosemow

• Options
    I am repairing my game first and see if that helps, @rosemow, because the files that won't delete are showing in the trash can on my desktop, like they have been deleted but they are still showing under the mods folder. Very weird.

• Options
    Yes!!! thank you, @rosemow, it worked after downloading them again, I was able to delete them. So now I have deleted my mods folder and I can open the game which will produce a new mods folder and hopefully add my cc back in gradually with no problems. You are such a valuable person on here, thank you! <3<3<3

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Yes!!! thank you, @rosemow, it worked after downloading them again, I was able to delete them. So now I have deleted my mods folder and I can open the game which will produce a new mods folder and hopefully add my cc back in gradually with no problems. You are such a valuable person on here, thank you! <3<3<3

I am glad that the issue is fixed up now :)
  • Options
    squamgurlsquamgurl Posts: 7 New Member
    has anyone else not been able to download this it say today on the sims game on PC but on the bottom on the screen it say tomorrow kinda confused
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member

So glad @rosemow's suggested worked. Her help is indeed invaluable.
  • Options
    SimCherSimCher Posts: 41 Member
    squamgurl wrote: »
    has anyone else not been able to download this it say today on the sims game on PC but on the bottom on the screen it say tomorrow kinda confused

I'm far from an expert, but I turned my computer on & off at 12:05am since I have never pre-ordered before. It then began downloading once I opened Origin. I generally just purchase them at midnight.

• Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    edited November 2018
    So exited for this. Hope it lives up to my expectations :)
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    Sunja13Sunja13 Posts: 3 New Member
    Anyone know why the pack isn't being released in South Korea?
  • Options
    athenaquinathenaquin Posts: 1 New Member
    I can't seem to get Get Famous as part of the Build Your Bundle. Is this because it's a new release? Don't recall that being a problem in the past.
  • Options
    Molly1996Molly1996 Posts: 24 Member
    Can someone tell me how it is? I am really curious and contemplating waiting to Christmas and ask for it as a person but I highly doubt I can wait.
  • Options
    MugCodriMugCodri Posts: 2 New Member
    Anybody has an issue finding the Get into Costume option before completing a performance? I have the Get makeup and hair but when I click on the wardrobe there is no Get into Costume option. Am i maybe missing an extra step? Thank you!
  • Options
    EA_DavidEA_David Posts: 282 EA Community Manager
    @Sunja13 We are sorry that due to unforeseen circumstances, the approval from Game Rating and Administration committee has been delayed and The Sims 4: Get Famous will not be released in South Korea on 16 November. We are now working on this and we hope to bring you the game as soon as we possibly can.
  • Options
    Sunja13Sunja13 Posts: 3 New Member
    @EA_David Why was it so hard to get information about this? I thought it was my internet or something and used a VPN and now it downloaded but my game is unplayable. The misinformation and lack of response on twitter and the news feeds was so frustrating.
  • Options
    MoniWinkMoniWink Posts: 1 New Member
    Is anyone else having issues with fame points? It doesn’t matter what I do; it doesn’t show up, or express that I’m gaining any.
  • Options
    Ksimmer1217Ksimmer1217 Posts: 19 Member
    Well I like it so far only thing is I went to work with my sims and it froze and when it unfroze the time was up and I failed my commercial.
  • Options
    JuyyJuyy Posts: 1 New Member
    Just got it, so ready to play!
  • Options
    pkinitasimspkinitasims Posts: 80 Member
    Only thing I really don’t like is the first camera person bug where you can see their teeth and eyeballs! Anyone know if there’s a fix?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    Only thing I really don’t like is the first camera person bug where you can see their teeth and eyeballs! Anyone know if there’s a fix?

• Options
    singingbeast44singingbeast44 Posts: 4 New Member
    So like, my sim has been nominated for a couple awards and like it says to check back on sunday at 7pm to find the results but everytime I check back on sunday I cant find it?? is it sunday in sims time and if so where do you fin It there at 7pm? or 7 our time and if so where do you find it, I cant find any information on that.
  • Options
    singingbeast44singingbeast44 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Molly1996 said:
    > Can someone tell me how it is? I am really curious and contemplating waiting to Christmas and ask for it as a person but I highly doubt I can wait.

I really enjoy it, I was worried it was gonna be kinda boring just bc the city is very small but ive been playing it like all day and ive veen having so much fun with it.
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    So like, my sim has been nominated for a couple awards and like it says to check back on sunday at 7pm to find the results but everytime I check back on sunday I cant find it?? is it sunday in sims time and if so where do you fin It there at 7pm? or 7 our time and if so where do you find it, I cant find any information on that.

Check the calendar to see where they are hosting the event and make your sim go there on sunday 7pm. They can accept their awards over there.